• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Did you know that Hard Gay, the most badass Japanese comedian, made an appearance in Tingle's Rosey Rupeeland as a carpenter who fixed a bridge for Tingle?

Gallowglass

Smash Lord
This is from the Hyrule Historia.
[collapse=Img]

[/collapse]

They note (at least in the English version) that his hair looks like it was cut by his grandmother and he has a very hairy chest.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Somehow I fear that Tingle (despite getting some screen-time in the WindWaker remake) will not make it, as Villager also has a red Balloon as recovery.
But maybe I'm too pessimistic, as Sonic and MegaMan also nearly have the same recovery.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'm just happy Tingle is back in the spotlight again.

I doubt AC Villager's recovery affects his chances, though it does deconfirm Balloon Fighter.

Groose

Smash Champion
Sign me up please! Outside of the three Triforce bearers, Tingle is the most deserving Zelda character. He'd be small, average weight, and physically weak, but he could have a number of quirky attacks. And he'd certainly have no shortage of taunts...

Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo-Limpah! Those may be the support pictures you made yourself, but I have stolen them!

And using him as a troll character would be awesome...

TheCreator

Smash Lord
It's great to be back.

TIME FOR BUSINESS: Tingle is my second most wanted character. While I can't say he's likely, I can't say he's unlikely. The most reasonable LoZ character, arguably. Not arguably for anybody that can see Ghirahim and Groose as well as Impa have minuscule chances. It's more a matter of if Sakurai is willing to put him in with all of North America fearing him because he looks homosexual.

Anyways. I hope he makes it.

Groose

Smash Champion
The only other contenders for the fourth Zelda rep are Young Link and Ghirahim. I hope Tingle's popularity in Japan pushes him through and the hate that everyone here has for him doesn't prevent his inclusion.

Wouldn't it be funny horrifying if he were in the Japanese game but axed from the other versions?

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
The only other contenders for the fourth Zelda rep are Young Link and Ghirahim. I hope Tingle's popularity in Japan pushes him through and the hate that everyone here has for him doesn't prevent his inclusion.

Wouldn't it be funny horrifying if he were in the Japanese game but axed from the other versions?
I'd doubt that in all hypothetical cases. Sakurai is the kinda guy that either adds someone or doesn't. And being the sakurai guy he is, Im sure sakurai will make him a character like its nobody's business. The only fear however is having the Internet explode with tons of threads complaining about how he got in the game and hate tweets to his account; spamming him to no end

He will look at those tweets and [Laughs]

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
There will be online play, so I think this rules out region exclusive characters.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
There will be online play, so I think this rules out region exclusive characters.
I think each developer has the option of region locking certain games online. Mario tennis for example. Still, knowing sakurai; region exclusive characters would be out of question. Considering he wants to expose the character and all

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Tingle Moveset:
Neutral Special: Fairy Dust: Throws Fairy Dust at his opponents. Does very little damage, but I hear it really bother his opponents. Especially because they have no idea what "fairy dust" is.
Forward Special: Rosy Rupee: Tingle shoots a rupee. Damage depends on value of rupees. Green = 1%. Blue = 5%. Red = 20%. Rupoors misfire and hit Tingle. Give him ten percent damage, but very rare
Up Special: Balloon Float: Balloons raises Tingle up and he can move like a balloon fighter. Balloon can be popped if it receives up to 60% damage itself, and if he drops, he will automatically perform...
Down Special: Kooloo-Limpah - Flips backward if he's falling and hits the opponents below with fairy dust. Fairy Dust hits from both sides. If on the ground, he does a backflip and then performs the move. Lands crouching either way. After the move, he lets out a giggle, so if you miss, opponent can hit you fora brief second. Can be a knock out move.

Tingle invented these moves himself. Don't steal them.

Final Smash: Tingle Tuner:
Tingle takes out a Tingle Tuner, as if just found it in a Zelda game. The discovery an item music plays. The camera zooms in on the Tingle Tuner, which shows the stage with the opponent(s). When it finishes zooming in, only the black border on the Tingle Tuner is visible. (They can now move). Tingle launches bombs like snake and gets a limited amount. At the end of the move, the black border of the Tingle Tuner fades away.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Somehow I fear that Tingle (despite getting some screen-time in the WindWaker remake) will not make it, as Villager also has a red Balloon as recovery.
But maybe I'm too pessimistic, as Sonic and MegaMan also nearly have the same recovery.
A single similarity isn't much cause for concern. Samus has an arm cannon and yet Mega Man made it in just fine.

As I've always maintained, in reality Tingle and Balloon Fighter's balloons work very differently. Tingle was adapted to fit in Tingle's Balloon Fight, it wasn't a change that was ever reflected in later games. Tingle's balloon would be more of a hover or a glide, as shown in Majora's Mask and RR respectively.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I don't understand the hate. He's so weird. That merits me liking him, but is that also what causes the hate? Or because he looks gay, idk oh well.
Tingle for smash

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I don't understand the hate. He's so weird. That merits me liking him, but is that also what causes the hate? Or because he looks gay, idk oh well.
Tingle for smash
Let's not resort to that type of thinking, as it relies on preconceived notions of gay.The source of his hate comes from what makes his design great. There is something unsettling about looking at him; it creeps me out to tell you the truth. That's why I like him, I really don't get that type of reaction from any other character. His design is ugly and wonderful at the same time. His face creates such a contrast from the rest of his body. He's a walking dichotomy. His character is also sad and funny at the same time. In the context of the game, it's weird that a 35 year old man dresses as a fairy.

But his lines are so funny, because he doesn't realize the ridiculousness of how he acts. He makes up a weird phrase that means absolutely nothing, but still thinks he has to tell you not to steal it. And he's a very meta character, in that he's essentially a fanboy cosplaying in his first appearance. If you don't get the joke, or if you take Zelda very seriously, there's a chance you won't like him. But weird is a big part of Zelda since we got the creative masterpiece of Majora's Mask, and Tingle very much represents that.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Tingle could make it in... What if he was able to drop Rupees and Force Gems from above as an aerial when you're performing the balloon move? I'd also be happy if one of his costumes looked like Purlo from Twilight Princess.

Groose

Smash Champion
Sadly, we cannot make a last push for Tingle in Smash. I hope we've mustered enough support, but I'm not so sure.

If Tingle gets in, will he be considered a Zelda Character or a Tingle Character?

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Sadly, we cannot make a last push for Tingle in Smash. I hope we've mustered enough support, but I'm not so sure.

If Tingle gets in, will he be considered a Zelda Character or a Tingle Character?
A Zelda character. I think there will be more backlash if it looks like he represents his own series. And he will be perceived as a Zelda character anyways.

Speculator

Smash Ace

It would be interesting to see a series other than Mario get "spinoff" universes. I think he'd most likely be considered a Zelda character, though perhaps with a unique victory theme like Meta Knight.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Let's not resort to that type of thinking, as it relies on preconceived notions of gay.The source of his hate comes from what makes his design great. There is something unsettling about looking at him; it creeps me out to tell you the truth. That's why I like him, I really don't get that type of reaction from any other character. His design is ugly and wonderful at the same time. His face creates such a contrast from the rest of his body. He's a walking dichotomy. His character is also sad and funny at the same time. In the context of the game, it's weird that a 35 year old man dresses as a fairy.

But his lines are so funny, because he doesn't realize the ridiculousness of how he acts. He makes up a weird phrase that means absolutely nothing, but still thinks he has to tell you not to steal it. And he's a very meta character, in that he's essentially a fanboy cosplaying in his first appearance. If you don't get the joke, or if you take Zelda very seriously, there's a chance you won't like him. But weird is a big part of Zelda since we got the creative masterpiece of Majora's Mask, and Tingle very much represents that.
But it's that type of thinking that most seem to have! I think his costume almost looks like a super hero's, it's amazing. The whole idea of this freaking weirdo, is just above par. It SOOOOO does not belong in LoZ or Nintendo, yet that is why I love it there!
Then to think of this strange creature beating up iconic characters from great games, or characters known to be extremely powerful...it just makes me lol.

I think he'd be a Zelda character, for one to give LoZ another rep. Then because NA doesn't even know he has games.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
But it's that type of thinking that most seem to have! I think his costume almost looks like a super hero's, it's amazing. The whole idea of this freaking weirdo, is just above par. It SOOOOO does not belong in LoZ or Nintendo, yet that is why I love it there!
Then to think of this strange creature beating up iconic characters from great games, or characters known to be extremely powerful...it just makes me lol.

I think he'd be a Zelda character, for one to give LoZ another rep. Then because NA doesn't even know he has games.
I dont like predicting other people's reactions to characters. Mainly because I understand it. Tingle is creepy and uncomfortable to look at.

And he completely belongs in Zelda and Nintendo. IGN has a great article about the top weird characters and Zelda and he's on the top. And his MM and WW appearance is enough for the game.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I'd figure he is to Zelda what Yoshi/Wario are to Mario.

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I don't think Tingle is very likely, considering the negative reception he would get in the West...

But hell, I'd love to play as Tingle. The whole Zelda roster is too serious, even the big-headed boy with cat-eyes doesn't seem very light-hearted. Tingle is just what the Zelda series needs.

Consider me in support.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I think the poor reception from the West has mostly died down now. I don't think Tingle has directly appeared in the West, with the exception of Brawl and Rosy Rupeeland, since Minish Cap. Wind Waker HD will be his first non-cameo appearance in North America in eight years, and I haven't exactly seen an uproar or anything - in fact, I think a fair amount of people are lamenting the loss of the Tingle Tuner.

I think if anything can make the West love Tingle, it's an appearance in SSB. People are already starting to love Wii Fit Trainer. To me she used to represent Nintendo's lack of focus around the middle of the Wii's lifespan, but now I'm looking forward to playing as her after seeing her introductory trailer. If Tingle gets in and people find out they can kick butt with him, I think he'll gain a much greater following than he does currently.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Tingle looks like a strange superhero.
Why? Just because he wears his underpants outside? :troll:

I don't think Tingle is very likely, considering the negative reception he would get in the West...

But hell, I'd love to play as Tingle. The whole Zelda roster is too serious, even the big-headed boy with cat-eyes doesn't seem very light-hearted. Tingle is just what the Zelda series needs.

Consider me in support.
Added you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom