• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Expect that the Toon Link comprise 40% of the series.

As for Tingle's chances, I never thought his chances were too good from the start. I never expected him to take up Toon Link's spot, but I found him very likely for the 5th Zelda spot, right after Toon Zelda.

Wind Waker HD gives a significant boost to both Toon Zelda and Tingle. It should be interesting to see if we get a Zelda newcomer.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Expect that the Toon Link comprise 40% of the series.

As for Tingle's chances, I never thought his chances were too good from the start. I never expected him to take up Toon Link's spot, but I found him very likely for the 5th Zelda spot, right after Toon Zelda.

Wind Waker HD gives a significant boost to both Toon Zelda and Tingle. It should be interesting to see if we get a Zelda newcomer.
Personally, I want Tingle more than Toon Zelda... I just want a Zelda newcomer who is NOT a clone of any existing character. But knowing Sakurai, he will probably add Toon Zelda since she was planned to be in Brawl... and worse yet, have her transform into Toon Sheik instead of Tetra. :(

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Toon Sheik in Smash?

(insert nope.avi video here) if anything, if Toon Sheik ever becomes a reality, she shouldn't be in Smash.

So, if Toon Zelda DOES get in, she should be able to either turn into Tetra or a Phantom. In spite of my name, I'd actually prefer Tetra over a Phantom.

And as for Tingle, well, I wouldn't mind him. Shooting rupees at my opponents actually sounds quite fun. Also, yelling "Tingle, Tingle, Kooloo-Limpah!" would be a very satisfying taunt to use. (in my opinion)

Speculator

Smash Ace
Link
Toon Link
Zelda / Sheik
Toon Zelda / Tetra
Ganondorf
Toon Ganondorf

Ugh... it would be weird if the whole Zelda roster consisted of nothing but the Triforce trio and their Toon counterparts. It would be like adding the Mario veterans and their Paper incarnations.
LoZ isn't going to get six slots. The sensible expectation is Link, Zelda/Sheik, Ganondorf and Toon Link.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I support.

Also here is a Color Swap:
Wow, I'm honoured that you made your first post in this thread.

I'll add you to the supporters list and and put the colour swap image in the OP.

More importantly, Welcome to SmashBoards! Enjoy your stay. :)

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Hahaha, thank you! I love the game series, and I've heard about this site for a while, I just haven't made an account yet. :)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It would be so cool if Tingle's palette swaps were all based off Rupee colors.

Green Rupee (1) = Green Team (default) = Tingle
Blue Rupee (5) = Blue Team = Knuckle
Red Rupee (20) = Red Team = Ankle
Purple Rupee (50) = purple Tingle
Silver Rupee (100) = David Jr.
Gold Rupee (200) = yellow Tingle

The Rupee colors are all from Majora's Mask.

D

Deleted member

if Toon Sheik ever becomes a reality

...Though I agree that it shouldn't happen. I don't think there should even be a Toon Zelda in Smash. Just Tetra.

But knowing Sakurai, it might.....

As for Tingle, I'd rather see him more than anything else new from Zelda at this point.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii

...Though I agree that it shouldn't happen. I don't think there should even be a Toon Zelda in Smash. Just Tetra.

But knowing Sakurai, it might.....

As for Tingle, I'd rather see him more than anything else new from Zelda at this point.
You sir, have blown my mind.

Tingle definitely deserves a spot over almost everyone, with the exception of Tetra, who frankly, he might be equal to.

EDIT: I should also add that the Color Swap I posted was not from me, I found it somewhere. I remembered seeing it so I thought I felt the need to post it.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Apart from being the forbidden 7 I can't see any other reason why Tetra should make it. I mean ideas grow old. I think Tingle had better chances than Tetra, although the Balloon Fighter helmet is likely to suggest that his up b won't involve balloons, which he is known for. Another question in relation to Tingle is weather he warrants a seperate icon, his spinoff series may not last for long, and unlike Yoshi (who belongs to the Mario universe) he isn't a household name..... YET. Regardless put me down as a supporter if the OP is still alive and kicking.

SuperBrawler

Smash Master
Tingle was an AT, showing Sakurai at least knows or maybe even likes Tingle.

Plus I'd be pretty mad if we got a Zelda newcomer, and it wasn't Tingle.

Maybe Vaati, but that's just me personally.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
So. With today's Zelda reveil there is this strange phatom on one of her pictures as everybody knows.
If it's an AT, this could really boost Tingles chances, as this would nearly eliminate Toon Zelda as a playable character. Same goes if this thing is actually part of Zelda's normal moveset.

But it would be better if its an AT, since Sakurai gave the Zeldaseries in Brawl just one AT and this was our Tingle. So, this could mean Sakurai tries to fill up some AT in the Zelda franchise, now that Tingle may have been promoted to a playable Charakter. :3

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Would be interesting to see the use of Tingle Bottles incorporated into Tingle's moveset (Or as a regular item I suppose) somehow.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
So. With today's Zelda reveil there is this strange phatom on one of her pictures as everybody knows.
If it's an AT, this could really boost Tingles chances, as this would nearly eliminate Toon Zelda as a playable character. Same goes if this thing is actually part of Zelda's normal moveset.

But it would be better if its an AT, since Sakurai gave the Zeldaseries in Brawl just one AT and this was our Tingle. So, this could mean Sakurai tries to fill up some AT in the Zelda franchise, now that Tingle may have been promoted to a playable Charakter. :3
Skull Kid was revealed as an AT a while before this.

splat

Smash Lord
EDIT: I should also add that the Color Swap I posted was not from me, I found it somewhere. I remembered seeing it so I thought I felt the need to post it.
I was going to shout at you for stealing my recolors until I read this, haha.

Tingle's my go-to fifth Zelda character (sixth if you consider Sheik as a separate character). I'd say he could get a really original moveset, but seeing how Villager took the balloon option already, I don't think he's that likely (among other things, of course).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I was going to shout at you for stealing my recolors until I read this, haha.
Thanks. You have been credited in the OP now.

Got around updating the supporter's list and added a little info on Wind Waker HD.

Headcrab Jackalope

Smash Ace
NNID
Jackalope1313
3DS FC
0791-2751-5749
Switch FC
SW-2418-1451-4036
Tingle is probably my most wanted Zelda character, maybe tied with Tetra. So I support this.

But if Tingle is in the game, it better be his Wind Waker/toon version. I think the other ones with the open eyes or whatever look horrendous, ugly, and creepy. Toon-styled Tingle just looks playful, mischievous, and happy, in my opinion. :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
If he really wanted too he could brand tingle under his 3 spin off games under the logo of the Rupee or something to somewhat appease fans. Not appearing as an assist trophy while two (possible) assist trophies shown off for zelda do make his chances seem pretty high especially with him being one of the most reoccurring characters after the triforce trio, the only zelda character besides link with their own spin off games, and his huge Japanese fan base. However I do hope if he is in it is his toon version- it is much cuter and his nose is like a little kitten nose.

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
Tingle deserves his own symbol. A rupee, representing his own series. If someone is not agree, Yoshi.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I would be fine if Tingle represents his own series, that just allows us to potentially have another Zelda newcomer. Are his three spin-off games enough though?

Raetah

Smash Journeyman
I would be fine if Tingle represents his own series, that just allows us to potentially have another Zelda newcomer. Are his three spin-off games enough though?
If im not wrong three were exactly the games that had Yoshi apart than Mario games when he was included in ssb64

Last edited:

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Also he gained 1 of the 3 spin off games since after brawl so it is possible sakurai may consider him to be a separate franchise this time around.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Tingle will likely get in as a Zelda character. His most recent appearance is Wind Waker HD, so it is likely he would promote that game, at least in the west.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I think Tingle will likely get in as a Zelda character. His most recent appearance is Wind Waker HD, so it is likely he would promote that game, at least in the west.
But the West LOATHES Tingle. Also it depends on how he wants tingle portrayed, because yoshi's last appearance was in a mario game but he still wanted him to showcase his own unique games to separate him and mario. But if he wants a new LOZ representative, and they didn't care for the western fan reaction, then tingle would fit the bill.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Hm. One problem I see with Tingle representing his own series is that only one of Tingle's games has actually made it to the west, and it too is exclusive to Europe.

So if Tingle is revealed, where do you expect his page to link to?

Though one possibility is having no link. Dedede doesn't have a link on his page on the American site, but the UK site has it.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hm. One problem I see with Tingle representing his own series is that only one of Tingle's games has actually made it to the west, and it too is exclusive to Europe.

Though one possibility is having no link. Dedede doesn't have a link on his page on the American site, but the UK site has it.
I'd say no link. It's not out of the question since we've gotten quite a few no link characters.
Although I feel like it isn't a problem that Tingle's series never made it to America.
Roy, Marth, and Lucas were Japan exclusive characters. And many people think Takamaru will be in the next game (me included), and Nazo no Murasamejo never made it out of Japan.

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
Is Tingle popular in the east? I thought it was the other way around, but I've been wrong many times in my life haha, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Also, does Sakurai himself have a view towards Tingle?

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Is Tingle popular in the east? I thought it was the other way around, but I've been wrong many times in my life haha, so I wouldn't be too surprised.

Also, does Sakurai himself have a view towards Tingle?
Popular in Japan, Loathed in the West, but maybe not so much in Europe since they got one of the tingle spin offs. I wonder how it did. Sakurai acknowledged Tingle in Brawl as an assist as well as in Melee as a stage hazard, so he knows he is liked/notable to the series. On the Brawl sight his blurb for Tingle recognizes he has appeared in many games. Also they mention that they gave him the wind waker look since he did not appear in twilight princess which may shed some light on how he would appear if he appeared in smash 4.

Speculator

Smash Ace
I don't think Tingle is really despised in the West anymore. People have warmed to him a little, or at the very least are indifferent. I don't think the West's attitude towards him is much cause for concern.

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
I don't think Tingle is really despised in the West anymore. People have warmed to him a little, or at the very least are indifferent. I don't think the West's attitude towards him is much cause for concern.
I suppose now he is more laughed at now then despised... but still many game sites are pretty vocal about their opinions on tingle, and sometimes their fans follow.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Have I expressed my support for him here? If not, add me to the OP.

If Sheik is still in and Impa doesn't make it, I want Tingle (or Ganon). Preferably with his WWHD design.

Speculator

Smash Ace
Just touching on this, I don't think all character reveals necessarily have to tie in to a related game. Obviously when it's time to reveal characters like Lucas and Mr. Game & Watch, we won't have anything to link to at all. Most of the characters revealed since E3 have been so because they have related game releases. Related releases - if the character has one - decide the reveal time, but they don't decide the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom