• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tingle for SSB4 Thread - Assist Trophy Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Tingle deserves his own symbol. A rupee, representing his own series. If someone is not agree, Yoshi.
Tingle's WWHD design is the only one I really like.
I think what will boost Tingle's chances of having his own symbol is if he has his spin-off series design.

Edit: However Tingle can always have alternative costumes

Would be interesting to see the use of Tingle Bottles incorporated into Tingle's moveset (Or as a regular item I suppose) somehow.
Tingle Molotov.

Also OP add me as a supporter. Tingle is probably one of my most wanted characters, if not my most wanted (can't decide between him and Andy.) When I get around to it, I will make a moveset for him.

Also still waiting for someone to translate his second game.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
How would that boost his chances?

Tingle is the cat I think they're picking for a fifth LoZ character. If it ends up being Toon Zelda, I will be very, very, unhappy.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tingle is the best option for a 5th Zelda character if it happens to get one, whether everyone agrees or not.
People may hate him but there's no denying that he's an iconic and important character.
And if I haven't said this already I support.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
The idea has grown on me. I used to think this was dumb, but I would just love to beat the **** out of Bowser or Link as Tingle. He would make a good joke character, but it seems WFT may have taken the joke character spot.

For a long time I supported Tingle ironically. I never really minded him, and everyone else loathed him. The idea of maining him online and beating everyone sounded hysterical. But after looking into his Rupeeland series I legitimately want him in Smash. He is oozing with moveset potential, the boss fights in Rupeeland in particular show what he's capable of. He really shouldn't be in as a Zelda rep though. He should represent his own series, which has it's own unique style and humor that is really nothing like Zelda.

Give him his own level (The Western Pool slowly rising into space with Uncle Rupee watching on in the background would be a good one.) and have the bodyguards be his series Assist Trophy and we're set.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
since skull kid is deconfirmed, I think tingle might be my most wanted zelda character (or at least most likely). he would definitely be better than toon zelda. so add me to that list.

Speculator

Smash Ace
since skull kid is deconfirmed, I think tingle might be my most wanted zelda character (or at least most likely). he would definitely be better than toon zelda. so add me to that list.
I think Toon Zelda's chances are vastly overstated. What people seem to forget is that the "forbidden seven" were dropped from the final game, and we don't anything except assumptions as to why that is. They could have been scrapped very early in development because the team decided they weren't appropriate. I don't think not making it into Brawl is really the boost some people seem to think it is.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
How would that boost his chances?

Tingle is the cat I think they're picking for a fifth LoZ character. If it ends up being Toon Zelda, I will be very, very, unhappy.
Okay I worded that wrong. What I meant to say is that if Tingle got his OWN Icon, they're most likely to chose the design from his OWN games. Similar to Wario.

He would make a good joke character, but it seems WFT may have taken the joke character spot.
Firstly I doubt Sakurai has a formula that he repeats when making the roster (basically meaning there can always be more than one joke character.) However Tingle maybe more of an obscure/flambouyant/eccentric character, rather than a joke. Once again similar to Wario (unless you consider him a joke character. I personally think Rob was the joke character in Brawl.)

Also when you get the time FalKoopa can you add me to the supporter list, and this move-set I finally made too (It's not too professional, as the font differs on all of them.)

If that doesn't work try this direct link: http://postimg.org/image/bxvbtad6h/[/SPOILER]

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
@ FalKoopa FalKoopa , I reccomend adding an "Arguments" section to the OP.
One of them should me a more expanded look at the "Not popular in the west" argument.

Maybe you can also give a little introduction to a the Moveset section, explaining what you and others think Tingle's main gimmick or playstyle would be. For example, you could say "In the Zelda games, Tingle is almost always a shopkeeper. He could use items from his shop, or items that he is known for having or being obsessed with, like maps or rupees." And the. Go on a bit from there.

One other thing I'd suggest is capturing his personality a bit more in the introduction.

Just some humble suggestions from a fellow Tingle supporter.

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I suppose I could give the OP a bit of clean-up. I haven't edited the OP in quite a while.

I'll include an argument section and a music section, and flesh out his introduction a bit.

But any changes will come tomorrow. I'm on a phone right now, and I don't exactly want to fire up my laptop now.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I suppose I could give the OP a bit of clean-up. I haven't edited the OP in quite a while.

I'll include an argument section and a music section, and flesh out his introduction a bit.

But any changes will come tomorrow. I'm on a phone right now, and I don't exactly want to fire up my laptop now.
Great!

I just want Tingle to considered a more likely choice when thinking of possible Zelda newcomer.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Why add arguments? Do we need to argue over this stuff? If someone doesn't like him, who cares?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why add arguments? Do we need to argue over this stuff? If someone doesn't like him, who cares?
Not arguing, debating.
And debating is kind of the whole point of this.

If someone doesn't like a character on your support thread, you should attempt to convince him/her that the character is a good candidate for Smash Bros. That's the whole point of a support thread, to gain support.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
That's sad.
Let me rephrase that.

Debating AND Speculation is kind of the whole point of this.
It's discussing who should and possibly will be in Smash 4 and why.
The reason for making support threads is to convince other people that a certain character is a good contender for the next Smash Bros. game.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
Well, Tingle is one of the only characters that I SLIGHTLY WANT. To me, there aren't alot of characters needing to be added.
He's the most likely Zelda newcomer to me.

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman

Some arguments I can think of:

Tingle isn't popular in the West.

Pretty simple answer, look at all the supporters, and regardless he is still incredibly popular in Japan with it selling well for 2 years in a row (refer t http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshly-Picked_Tingle's_Rosy_Rupeeland)

Tingle looks better with the Windwaker design, than his own series

Comes down to personal taste. You can also note that there is always chance that Tingle can have alternative costumes. This argument isn't really against Tingle being in, but it comes up quite a lot.

Also is adding my moveset to the OP, going to be a problem as it is an image?

Edit: Looked briefly through Balloon Trip of Love OST, and this is all that caught my ears: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgtSZdgXX3A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDiAQ3RSh-Y

Nothing compared to Windwakersw OST. As for Tingle Freshly Picked Rupee, the one song I really liked, I couldn't find

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think, that Tingle is important enough to be a Zelda newcomer. He has appeared in five Zelda games (not counting remakes or spin-off series) and some of his roles weren't very important. There are more important and more deserving Zelda characters.

However, Tingle could still represent his own spin-off games just like Wario represents his Warioland and Warioware games instead of Mario games. I'm not against Tingles inclusion in SSB4, but I would be disappointed if he would be a Zelda rep, when most of his importance comes from spin-off titles.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
There are more important and more deserving Zelda characters.
May I kindly ask, who do you think is more important than Tingle in your eyes? I can only see Impa as another possible candidate.

Last edited:

Reader

Smash Apprentice
May I kindly ask, who do you think is more important than Tingle in your eyes? I can only see Impa as another possible candidate.
In my opinion both Impa and Vaati are more important to the Zelda series thatn Tingle. Impa has appeared in eight Zelda games not counting remakes (even though, she only appeared in the manual of the legend of zelda, but she was still part of the story). Vaati has appeared twice as the final boss, once as a miniboss and he even had his game released for a limited time in the nintendo e-shop this month if I recall correctly.

Please, keep in mind, that these are based on only main series Zelda games not counting Tingles own sub-series. I don't think that the Tingle sub-series represent Zelda games, because they are so different. That's why I think that if Tingle gets in because of his own games, he should as well represent those games instead of Zelda games.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Why wouldn't I support?
Aside from Vaati, he's the only good choice for LoZ now.
I wouldn't say good, as there are a lot more Zelda characters that could be interesting and fun.
Though I do consider Tingle the most likely, due to him being both unique, and recurring in the Zelda series.

Last edited:

Smady

Smash Master
Just popping in here to ask about any Tingle movesets you guys have seen that are good. I'm always hearing Tingle has potential for a good set, but I've not seen one that has lived up to it all these years. What have you got?

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Just popping in here to ask about any Tingle movesets you guys have seen that are good. I'm always hearing Tingle has potential for a good set, but I've not seen one that has lived up to it all these years. What have you got?
Check the original post, plus I have a moveset posted on this page (which tries to draw stuff from his games)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

As a gift to the Tingle supporters, here's a magical image of him holding a Rupee like the smug ******* he is. :troll:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Bumping to quote my post from the uniqueness thread, which includes a quick Tingle moveset.

Tingle: A

He has a ton of wacky abilities, that's for sure. Tingle has a couple of possible playstyles, but I'll outline my own vision below. Essentially, Tingle's specials include the items and abilities he displays in-game, while his physicals are primarily whimsical and zany poses, with a few quirks thrown in. Tingle would probably be more of an aerially-inclined character with his balloon.

Let me try my hand at making him a moveset:

B: Rupee beam/shot

Tingle fires a beam of Rupees at the opponent that do multiple small hits that flinch the opponent. Shooting it without charge only sends out s few rupees at once, but it can be charged to fire for longer. (From Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)

> B: Tingle Bomb
Tingle throws one of his Tingle Bombs from the Wind Waker at the opponent in an arching motion. It is extremely large and has severe start-up lag due to how hard tingle has to work to throw it, but it is a great kill move and extremely useful for edge-guarding.

^ B: Tingle Balloon

A must. Tingle inflates his balloon, which canNOT be popped in order to differentiate it from Villager's up-B. He first shoots straight up a bit (a hitbox) and then his balloon must be guided left or right as it glides. Tingle cannot deactivate his balloon until he hits the ground or an edge, but this comes with the serious advantage of letting Tingle use his aerial moves in chains, and his fair, bair, and up air all move the balloon slightly in their respective direction; adding a layer of complexity to his recovery game that no one else seems to have yet. Learning how to use this move is vital in learning how to effectively play Tingle.

Down B: Tingle Shield

This move incases him a rupee-shaped barrier that gives him invulnerability for a few seconds. This move must recharge for some time after each use as to prevent spammability. It's especially useful for Tingle, since many of his strongest moves need some time to work well. This move ends up defining a lot of his playstyle, as it can be used before charging one of his killing moves.

A+A Combo: Tingle swings a bottle back and forth as if he's trying to catch a fairy. Low damage and knockback, but a good move to link combos with.
> A: Tingle kicks the opponent as if he's doing the can-can. Sends the opponent at a 50 degree angle.
^ A:

Tingle does this fanciful pose. It has a hitbox right on his hand and knocks opponents straight up to keep them in the air.

Down A:

Tingle stomps his foot on the ground angrily. This move has practically no cool down and can be used over and over to make it look like Tingle is angry. Knocks opponents outwards at a 10 degree angle. Has a small hitbox and honestly isn't too great a move to link with, but it does okay damage.

Dash attack:

Tingle falls over with a kinstone bag in hand before brushing himself off.

Nair:

Tingle pulls out a map and puts it away with movements that are a bit more exaggerated than are really necessary. The biggest hitbox is right when he pulls it out. It knocks the opponent outwards.

Fair:

Pose of the Tingle on the far right. It's a kind of weak move, but it moves his balloon significantly.

Bair:

Tingle looks backwards suspiciously before admiring a large Force Gem, then he puts it back. This move has two major hitboxes. One when he looks back and one when he puts away the gem. Both of these movements move his balloon if he has it activated, making it useful for recovery.

Up Air:

Tingle throws glitter upwards in two diagonal directions, similarly to how he does at the beginning of this gif.

Dair:

Tingle drops one of his signature bombs directly downward. If it hits the opponent, it knocks them directly upward so that Tingle can attack them again.

Up Smash: Kooloo-Limpa!

Tingle's signature magic words. He spins upwards and releases confetti and glitter, similarly to how he does in the final part of the gif above. This is, by far, his best killing move. Knocks opponents really high up into the air, with the power being focused closer to his body.

Side Smash:

Tingle makes this pose and hearts come from him. The hearts themselves are a deadly hitbox. The hearts would be larger than in the above picture, though.

Down Smash:

Tingle makes this goofy pose. Knocks opponents upwards.

And I think that's it. When it comes to his abilities, I think it's fair to give him a B. However, with his ridiculous appearance, whimsical movements, and overall quirkyness, he's definitely the character that stands out the most from a visual standpoint. He shows that the Zelda series actually has its share of quirkiness along with its serious plotpoints. Because of that, I think it's only fair to bump this grade up to an A.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Guys, in the direct today, they showed a whole mess of returning assist trophies, and Tingle wasn't one of them. Zelda already has two: Skull Kid and Midna. It's not like this is a confirmation or anything, Mario has like a million assist trophies so they could just be holding him off, or he could've been cut completely. But maybe, just maybe, this is a small sign that there are bigger things in store for Tingle...

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.... they deconfirmed Skull Kid and Midna... two of many one-shot Zelda fans who had lots of fan support during pre-Brawl... and Tingle survived the Assist Trophy Massacre (for now)... maybe the Balloon Fight stage is Tingle's stage? :awesome:

Baseless guess: The Balloon Fighter Stage is Tingles stage and the two balloon icon is actually his icon.

EDIT:
Beaten to it by Arcadenik

Last edited:

TempahRelapse

Smash Journeyman
Also when you get the time FalKoopa can you add me to the supporter list, and this move-set I finally made too (It's not too professional, as the font differs on all of them.)

If that doesn't work try this direct link: http://postimg.org/image/bxvbtad6h/[/SPOILER]
Sorry FK but you missed out on adding my moveset and adding me to your support list on your last edit. Sorry to nag.

As for not seeing Tingle in nintendo direct, I don't think that boosts his chances of being a playable character. There is already 2 zelda assist trophies and there probably will be one more.

I haven't watched the nintendo direct, but I assume there was only one newcomer added, if there are any. I would assume that Nintendo is saving the newcomers (with possibly, the majority of the newcomers revealed) for E3

Last edited:

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
Kamek down, but Tingle and Rool are shining even brighter.
Those are good signs :)

inb4 he got completly cut from the game lol

Smady

Smash Master
Tingle survived the barrage of assist trophies. It's down to the wire, I could see one Zelda newcomer, if Mario got one. Although after Greninja and Rosalina, I wouldn't be that surprised if it was Ghirahim, Tingle is still the frontrunner.

However, could just as well be no newcomer. We'll probably see at or by E3.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'll adding more info to the OP soon enough. I haven't been free much lately, but I'll update the OP as soon as I'm free.

Only a select few survived the massacre, and we're lucky that Tingle was one of them.

It won't be too long before we know of his fate though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Okay, the front post has been updated, with a message, Pacack's and Tempah's movesets and the Supporter List is updated too.

I think we are second to only K. Rool in terms of the number of movesets in their respective OPs.

Wegenbarth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3609-1252-6127
I'm kinda scared, now that I look back at the Direct and see how Horror Kid has turned out.
What reason would Sakurai have to not let him drop the moon?
Because Great Bay might return and Tingle would then go back being a Stage Hazard.

I know there is Alfonzo who might be in Charge as an Stage Element there, but still...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom