• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Thing - Game Concluded. What would have happened posted, mysteries tomorrow

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
From your radios, you hear a door slam open, and crash into something.

"Ah, son of a..."

It sounds like Palmer.

From what seems to be a distance, you hear a gurgle.

The noise abruptly stops.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Windows reloads his gun

In the dead quite of the night, you hear footsteps on the stairs from Floor 1 to Basement 1.

A familiar voice speaks.

"This is Copper. Windows, are you there? Don't shoot at me, I've information for you.

The attacker upstairs right now is Clark. He is attacking Palmer. I heard the shouts from where I was in Radio Communications. I'll explain everything once I can post in the thread. Clark and Palmer are both infected, I don't doubt it. Clark was alone with Norris, and then I have seen lots of things that suggest I basically trailed Clark back into the base, and heard him attack Palmer. I've come here to heal all of you. I don't know how to regain your trust, as I've showed up at a terrible time, but I'm here to help, I swear. Let MacReady and Windows hold a gun to my head as I suture Blair, while Childs goes and gets the bodies of Nauls and Gary. Someone hold up a match so I can see better, please. Nauls has them if I recall correctly. I will suture Blair, and then Windows has to go get more flammables to fight off both Clark, and Palmer. THEY ARE THINGS. I will heal anyone and everyone, and do whatever you guys want me to. But first someone get a match from Nauls."

There is no doubt the voice belongs to the missing Copper, doctor of Outpost #31

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
My Comings and Goings

Eorlingas said:
As you walk through the hall, you see nothing out of place or strange.

You're not at the Lab yet, but you are walking there. Since you are alone and without a radio, you cannot post in the thread until I say so. Which will be when you get a radio, or end up in the lab.
Sheepyman said:
I change my mind and decide I want to go to the Basement floor, and further to the armory. Can I do that?

If not, I go to the lab.
Eorlingas said:
Yes.

You head to the Stairwell, and look around. You see nothing abnormal there, so you then head down into the basement. You continue to the Armory, but you are not there yet. With no radio, you can still not communicate in the thread.
Sheepyman said:
I sprint so as to get there as quickly as possible.
Eorlingas said:
You run as fast as you can to the armory door. You get there, and immediately try to open it. However, It's locked! . The door is too strong to break down by yourself, and you cannot open it without a key.
Sheepyman said:
I'd like to now run as fast as I can to Lab B.
Eorlingas said:
You run to the stairs, but stop before you get there, and start panting. You continue to the stairs, but you're walking now.
Sheepyman said:
When I arrive at the door, I make sure to catch my breath prior to going in.
Eorlingas said:
You walk up the stairs and head to the door to Lab B. Before you get there, you start to inhale and exhale heavily, catching your breath.
Sheepyman said:
Scratch that, not going into Lab B, I'm going to my room, and getting bottle of Vodka. I make sure to check every drawer and closet for a battery.
Eorlingas said:
That was quick. I was just about to PM someone saying they heard you breathing. Luckily I didn't.

You walk up the stairs, and through the hallway leading to your room. You open the door, and walk inside. You grab your bottle of Vodka, and place it in your jacket pocket. You then start to search for battery packs.
Sheepyman said:
I decide that instead of going to the lavatory I had down to B1, being very, very careful not to be seen or heard.

If it takes a while to get there, then I am okay with that, but I cannot be seen or heard.
Eorlingas said:
You rule out the bottom hallway, as you hear voices. Instead, you go to the one connecting to the rec room. As you peek out of the corner, you see Duke give Deathreaver780 a radio. Duke then walks into the Kitchen, and Deathreaver goes to the stairs. As quite as you can, you start to walk down the hallway. You get pass the Rec Room door, and are now heading down the hallway connecting to the stairs.
Eorlingas said:
You manage to sneak your way down to B1 without being seen.
Sheepyman said:
Look at the floor plan; there's a window in the basement floors, which doesn't really make sense when the exit door is on the first floor.

Anyways:

I head into the medicine/surgery room, again trying not to be seen.
Eorlingas said:
The window is at the very top. It's narrow.

You head over to the medicine room. You do not reach it yet.
Eorlingas said:
You enter the Medicine Storage room. you see the following.

Right in front of you are two surgery tables, with a small surgery cart nearby, containing scalpels and cloth.

On every wall is clear cabinets containing medical equipments. Since you are the doctor, you know that's all they contain. Thousands upon thousands of dollars of medical equipment.

On the north wall, you see a door that leads into the Pharmacy.

On the south wall, you see the Defibrillators.
Sheepyman said:
I'll grab a defibrillator, and head into the pharmacy.
Eorlingas said:
You grab a pair of Defibrillators, and head into the pharmacy. You see the following.

Everywhere, all around you, are cabinets. They are glass, clear, and you can see the hundreds of thousands of pill bottles. Since you are the doctor, you know where certain pills are for certain things.

There is a a large desk on the north wall.

There is also three crates on the west wall.
Sheepyman said:
Try to open up the crates. And also, is there anything that could be used to murder a human in the pills? And are there any explosives in this room, as far as I know? Anything that can light things on fire?

Also, check ontop of and under the desk.
Eorlingas said:
You try to open the crates. However, they are shut pretty tightly. Nearby is a crowbar.

You use it to pry open the crates systematically.

In the first one is nothing but more boxes of pills.

The second one contains A Battery Pack!

The third one contains a flare gun. There is a single flair inside.

And for your questions..

1. Nothing in the room that is poisonous. However, a combination of pills could overdose and kill someone. Or at least render them weak and passed out.

2. One of the cabinets on the south wall contains Chloroform. It also contains bottles of Diethyl ether, which is extremely flammable.
Sheepyman said:
I grab the chloroform, the bottles of Diethyl ether, the flare gun, and the battery pack. I head out from the pharmacy towards Mechanical Storage.

I listen carefully to make sure there is nobody around before I go out the door, and I walk carefully into the other room.
Eorlingas said:
You grab the chloroform, the bottles of Diethyl ether, the flare gun, and the battery pack, and walk into the medicine storage room. It is empty, and looks exactly how it did when you left.
Eorlingas said:
Never mind.

You take everything you asked for.

You then walk out, and head into the mechanical storage.

You see the following

To the left and right are racks, filled with mechanical parts.

Directly in front of you is a barrel full of Kerosene, and a barrel full of oil. There is a metal Gasoline can nearby.

By the barrels is also a box full of wrenches

Sheepyman said:
I grab the metal Gasoline can, and head to Office A on the side of the Kennel, making sure to check the hall before I walk into it, walk softly, and making sure to listen intently for breathing or footsteps in adjacent rooms.
Eorlingas said:
You pick up the Gasoline Can, but it's empty! You open it up, and quickly fill it with the Kerosene. You then head out, but hear what sounds like rummaging from Gary's room. You quickly slip into the Kennel.

You see the following.

Right across from you, blocking off 3/4ths of the room, is a large, metal fence. There is an unlocked door that separates the two parts of the room. Inside the kennel is hay, and blood. This was where the Thing tore up the dogs, though no there are no remains. You all buried them.

There is a sack of dog foot to your left.

There is also a Fire Ax to your right. However, it's in a glass case, with a warning on it that says

"Break in emergency"

Sheepyman said:
I stand near the entryway, as silently and quietly as possible, assuring that the door is closed, and keeping a bottle of chloroform in hand, ready to strike it down on anyone who enters. I listen intently for any sounds of movement.
Eorlingas said:
You hear a door open, close, and then another door open nearby. It sounds like someone exited Garry's Cabin, and walked into Macready's Room.

Sheepyman said:
Keeping the bottle in my throwing hand, I slip out of the room, closing the door, and head silently but not too slowly over to Storage A.
Eorlingas said:
You walk into Storage A

[/i] All around on, one every wall, are racks taller then a man. They are jammed full of boxes, gadgets, and plenty of other things. It will take a long time to look through all of this.

On the north wall is two, metal barrels.

There is also a box in between them. [/i]

Sheepyman said:
I walk over to the Box in between the two barrels, and search it's contents. I then move on to each rack, starting with the rack on my left as I enter, and circling the room clockwise.

I make sure to listen for any signs of movement in other rooms, or anyone who might approach.

I am looking for, in particular:
Weapons
Battery Packs
Lighters
Highly flammable things
Keys
Eorlingas said:
You open the box. Inside are several lead pipes.

You start to look at the left wall, and go through it, checking everything. This is going to take a long time.

However, you find the following.

* A knife
* A backpack
* What looks like broken computer or mechanical parts
* Several bricks
* A broken Battery Pack. Perhaps someone could fix it?
* A TV case

You are still looking
Sheepyman said:
I cease my search, grab the knife, put all the things I've been carrying (except the chloroform bottles) into the backpack, grab the broken battery pack, and scrape "Needs Fixing - Copper" onto the TV case. I then put the battery pack inside the TV case.

I continue to search. I make sure to listen intently for any sounds that someone might emit. I try to be as quiet as possible in my searching/scraping.
Eorlingas said:
You put everything except the Chloroform bottle into the backpack, write your message on the TV case, and place the battery pack inside. You then continue searching.

You hear the door to what sounds like Lab C open, and footsteps. It sounds like two people just walked inside.
Sheepyman said:
When I hear them go in, I walk out of the room quietly, leaving the door open, and try to listen for footsteps/breathing around the hall on the side of the kennel. If there's nobody there, sneak towards Food Storage by the side of the Kennel, listening for breathing/footsteps at both corners.
Eorlingas said:
BANG

You hear a loud noise comming from Storage C. Being an ex Medic, you recognize the sound as gunfire.

You are still in Storage A
Sheepyman said:
With this new information, I decide to stay in the room, Chloroform in hand, ready to be thrown, listening with incredible care for the sound of footsteps approaching the room.

I continue searching the racks with my free hand.
Eorlingas said:
BANG BANG.

You hear two more gunshots.

You also hear a roar, like a flamethrower. Then, a small explosion.

Also, you hear footsteps coming from around the corner, from the hallway that leads to the Kennel.

The door into Storage A is shut.
Sheepyman said:
I put the pencils in my backpack, and then face the door with my chloroform in hand, ready to throw it at whoever may come in.
Sheepyman said:
I'm finished searching by now, I assume, so along with finding out what I found, I'll take the pencils and write (assuming that I found at least ONE sheet of paper):

"Duke isn't lying. I was in here when this all happened, I happen to know that there was a BANG, followed by two more BANGs, and then the flamethrower. Then there was an explosion, probably a kerosene or oil container. Regardless, he told the truth. Don't trust Frozenflame. He lied. -Copper"

Then, I simply listen intently for any other sounds.
Eorlingas said:
You do find a piece of paper, and write that.

There is nothing else in the room of use.

You wait by the door.
Sheepyman said:
I erase "Don't trust him. He lied. -Copper" and write "Frozenflame said that Marthmaster attacked first
but
frozenflame751 said:
I fired at him with my pistol after he shot the flamethrower at him and I hit him in both arms and then right in the head. Last time I checked, people don't survive bullets to the head.
doesn't really fit with that. I would be very weary of frozenflame if I were any of you. -Copper."
Sheepyman said:
I stand facing the door, bottle of Chloroform ready and in hand.
Eorlingas said:
You hear screams coming from Storage C. More fire.

Footsteps. It sounds like two pair. They're heading towards Storage C.
Sheepyman said:
I head out of storage A, making sure to keep the door wide open, and creep towards Mechanical storage as quickly as I can without being too loud. I go in if I arrive there. I listen at the second corner (I take the path along the Kennel) for footsteps.
Eorlingas said:
You sneak out, and see the following

To the left and right are racks, filled with mechanical parts.

Directly in front of you is a barrel full of Kerosene, and a barrel full of oil.
Sheepyman said:
By the barrels is also a box full of wrenches

0th: Make sure the door is closed.
1st: Open the window as quietly as possible.
2nd: Go outside
3rd: Making sure to keep in contact with the wall of the structure with my hand (so as not to get lost, and to feel the window), I follow the wall toward's Blair's Cabin's Window AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. When I get to the window, I break it and go inside.
Eorlingas said:
You use your crowbar to break the glass in the Mechanical Storage Room, and crawl outside.

The wind is hard, bitting through your clothes and into your marrow. You cannot survive long like this. You decide to head to MacReady's Cabin, and warm up in there.

You walk out, alone in the swirl of snow, towards the cabin.

The lights are on.
Eorlingas said:
As you walk towards MacReady's cabin, you notice the lights are on. You stop, and see them go out. A dark shape emerges from the entrance, and walks into Base Exit B. From the falling snow, you cannot see who it is. You pause, and then head into the cabin. You see the following.

On the north wall is a bookcase, with several books piled in that have to deal with flying a helicopter and erotic stories. On the west wall is a table with a Chess computer, and on the east wall is a dresser. The top drawer is slightly ajar, and you can see a sock hanging out. Their is a bed on the north wall, at the end of the bookcase. The entire place is very cramped.
Sheepyman said:
Follow where the person I couldn't see went from the cabin, after I warm up inside, and look around in drawers and closets for anything useful.
Eorlingas said:
A loud noise pounds on your eardrums, and the ground shakes. You fall on the ground, and stay there on all fours. The power goes out. The ground stops moving.

Whatever the hell that noise was, it came from somewhere outside the base. Outside MacReady's cabin.
Sheepyman said:
Pull out my knife, and then head out the door, tracing the building until I come to the Entrance closest to me. I look very carefully around me as I walk.
Eorlingas said:
You exit the cabin. The snow falls all around you.

You see the gray, boxed outline of the base on your right. You walk over, putting your hand to the cool bricks, and use it as a guide as you walk towards Exit B.

As soon as you turn, however, you stop. Off in the distance, you can see orange flames, flickering in the blizzard. It is far off, maybe twenty yards behind the Outside Shack. With another flicker, you see twisted metal. You are not in correct gear to be able to walk there and back, without succumbing to the weather.

You are about to enter Base Entrance B.
Eorlingas said:
You open the door, and walk inside the base. The exit room is white, pure white. There is a rack nearby with coats.

It is slightly illuminated by the windows, but besides that it is dark.

The door to Study B is slightly ajar. Someone walked that way.
Sheepyman said:
I keep the knife in my left hand, and pull out the chloroform and keep it in my right.

I listen closely for sounds of life on the other side of the door, then go inside.
Eorlingas said:
You listen, but hear nothing. Knife and Chloroform at the ready, you walk through.

The room is dark, completely dark. You walk, slowly, almost stumbling over a turned over table end. You continue walking, and soon reach the door leading towards towards the hallway. It is also slightly ajar.
Sheepyman said:
Head out from study B, holding my hand to the wall to feel my way into Laboratory C.
Sheepyman said:
Feel along the wall and go to Radio Communications.
Eorlingas said:
You use your hands to walk across, heading towards the Radio Communication Room. It's hard going, but you walk past the stairs, hear what definitely sounds like a Thing attack, and continue walking. You are not there yet, but you do not really know where you are. You have not entered the hallway connecting to the Radio communication door, though.
Eorlingas said:
You walk into the Radio and Communication room. It is so dark, that you can't see a thing. There looks like there is a table in front of you, resting at the back.

Suddenly, you hear shouts, somewhere west of you. They don't sound happy.
Sheepyman said:
Listen carefully for Thing sounds and screaming.

Okay, open the door and quietly sneak over to B1 staircase, as quickly as possible, and then head down the stairs all the way and once I'm at the bottom say:

"This is Copper. Windows, are you there? Don't shoot at me, I've information for you.

The attacker upstairs right now is Clark. He is attacking Palmer. I heard the shouts from where I was in Radio Communications. I'll explain everything once I can post in the thread. Camo-man and Deathreaver are both infected, I don't doubt it. Camo-man was alone with Common, and then I have seen lots of things that suggest I basically trailed Camo-man back into the base, and heard him attack Deathreaver. I've come here to heal all of you. I don't know how to regain your trust, as I've showed up at a terrible time, but I'm here to help, I swear. Let Chill and Frozenflame hold a gun to my head as I suture Ligolski, while <3 goes and gets the bodies of Duke and Ronike. Someone hold up a match so I can see better, please. Duke has them if I recall correctly. I will suture Ligolski, and then Windows has to go get more flammables to fight off both Camo-man, and Deathreaver. THEY ARE THINGS. I will heal anyone and everyone, and do whatever you guys want me to. But first someone get a match from Duke."

I listen closely for sounds of the thing, and yell "I'M IN THE LINE OF ATTACK" if I hear it, and run for my life.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
So we possibly have two things remaining? Yay!

We need a lightsrouce right now. I can help <3 get to where he needs to go but without light we can't fix anything. For now I'll just help with anything that needs to be done physically. Moving injured people and whatnot.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
I highly recommend getting matches from Nauls, then I can suture Blair, then I can get to work on Nauls himself, then Gary, then Windows.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Sheepy... Err... Doc.

I think you already know I don't trust you... But I don't think you are dumb enough to join our group and and try to attack from within. I don't trust you persay but I know you wn't cause any trouble right now. If we stick together any negetive actions from you will be quickly fixed.

I vote we have the Doc fix us up and then we move and fix the power source, from there we start the search for the batteries and eraticate (So... that where raticate's (the pokemon) name comes from...) the other things.

KK, back to class PM me if anything big oes down and I'll check the thread.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Unfortunately, my friend, it's eradicate. Close though.

Anyways, yes I agree that I'm probably not the most trustworthy guy right about now, but Clark and Palmer are themselves more than likely infected. For our own protection, I'm going to ask to execute them on sight.

Furthermore, Chill, light up a match and I'll get into the pharmacy to get to work on Blair.

Suture Ligolski after Chill lights a match

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
You're not serious are you? I sure hope not.

In any event, regardless of whether sheepyman is trustworthy or not as long as he's willign to help I don't object to him being around.

Currently in the hallway standing next to Ronike.

Action: I'll place my gun back in my pocket and do my best to pick Ronike up and slowly and carefully carry him into the Med. Room.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Action: Walk into Medical Room and suture Ligolski's neck.

Someone, anyone, get any and all explosives/flammables. If you read my long post, you know what I have. Just ask and I'll hand it over.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I need to know if Chill is serious or not. I've tried IMing him, but I can't catch him on. PM me. I don't think he is, but I need to know for sure.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
MacReady goes over to the unconscious Nauls, and reaches into his pockets, grabbing a box of matches. He takes them out.

Windows grabs Gary, and takes him into the Surgery Room.

Copper walks into the Surgery Room, followed by MacReady. MacReady lights a match. However, it is burning fast, and will probably only last for around fifteen seconds. The light it provides is almost insufficient.

Surgery would probably be easier if they just go to the basement and turn on the **** lights

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
I'm posting again to make sure you all notice the game is back, as it is abnormal for there to be a day with no posts after an Update

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Surgery would probably be easier if they just TURNED ON THE GOD **** LIGHTS
I'm assuming that most of us were unde rthe impression that we couldn't turn on the god **** light because the god **** backup power was shot. =P

Currently in Med. Room

In any event, After gently laying Gary down somewhere safe, prefereably a medical table or something, I'll start to search the walls for light switches and flick 'em on should I come across them.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
What I meant by the light message:

<3 has posted about how to turn on the lights. He is the chief mechanic, so he is probably telling the truth.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Important!

If you have a key, send me a PM, including what it looked like. If you do not remember what it looked like, send me a PM anyways.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Important:

Palmer and Clark (Deathreaver and Camo-man) are almost certainly things. By process of elimination, someone attacked Deathreaver just as I showed up, making Camo-man almost certainly the choice for Thing. As well as the fact that he was alone with Commonyoshi for a time.

Anyways, we need to be able to fight them off AND we need to get the lights back on.

Currently conscious are Me, Childs, MacReady, and Windows. Childs is crucial to get the lights back on, and I know you guys don't trust me enough to leave me alone with someone else. Thus, I think that we should all go together, dragging the limp bodies (Nauls, Gary, and Blair) to make sure that Childs can turn the lights back on, with all of us being assuredly safe.

I'm the oldest of the bunch, and likely the weakest, so I don't think I should carry anyone. But I will if you want me to. Remember we want to move as fast as possible, postponing interaction with the Things, Palmer and Clark, for as long as possible.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You all hear a voice rasp in the radio. It sounds like Blair.

"We..*rasp* need to consolidate ..... med room ....Copper is do..*rasp*... patching *rasp* up...we...*rasp*..gather our packs..*rasp*...find Nauls..*rasp*...if..

There is a long pause.

...turn on the lights.."

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
yeah... lets turn on the lights. Lets form a democratic group so we can getthis crap done faster.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Join Childs' democratic group.

Blair is sutured and can walk, and Windows/MacReady are fine, so what would you guys think of turning the lights back on quickly? Let's all four of us just go as fast as we can, turn the lights back on, and come back.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Blair was never sutured up

I wasn't going to comment on that, but I don't want him to get confused

Top Bottom