• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Teddy Bear combo

Player-3

Smash Hero
only seeing thsi useable at 50%+ or whenever bair stops locking... but still

the name confuses me though

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
only seeing thsi useable at 50%+ or whenever bair stops locking... but still

the name confuses me though
Not every character can be First hit Nair-->footstool-->bair locked, due to some characters' hurtbox beeing to small. (thats one reason why there is a goodness combo testing ground thread.)

For those characters, the Teddy Bear combo works wonders. (and on some of those characters the fhanfus loop can work, but some characters have a hurtbox that is even to small for the fhanfus loop to work. This is one of the reasons why there is a fhanfus loop testing ground thread.).

Mit

Smash Ace
so fhn > footstool is a true combo?
Yeah that's something I was really wondering as well.

Also, that dair to knee: I could've sworn there was no way to knee after a dair without an auto-canceled dair (on certain characters, at certain percents). The lag on dair is usually far too great to get up for a fair before the opponent can airdodge. Was that really a combo in the video? Because it seemed like she had more than enough time to airdodge by typical Brawl standards.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Yeah that's something I was really wondering as well.

Also, that dair to knee: I could've sworn there was no way to knee after a dair without an auto-canceled dair (on certain characters, at certain percents). The lag on dair is usually far too great to get up for a fair before the opponent can airdodge. Was that really a combo in the video? Because it seemed like she had more than enough time to airdodge by typical Brawl standards.
Falcon's Dair has an amazing amount of hitstun. Even in brawl.
That, plus the IASA frames in falcon's Dair's landing lag make this a real combo.

And First hit Nair-->footstool is legit, yes. Not on all characters though. (Thats another reason the testing ground threads exist.).

Wogrim

Smash Lord
I thought the animation where the character starts plummeting (spinning while falling) is when the histun ends. I have a hard time believing that was a combo.

I've also been wondering if these NAir -> Footstool combos can be broken just by holding down, so that your opponent isn't off the ground when you footstool them (sorry if I've asked this before, don't remember).

Top Bottom