• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Tasmanian Smash Community Next Event: Smash Thursdays 5

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
So much fun playing the secondaries today, might put some more time into peach.

That was the most intense finals I've ever played, 10 super close matches in a row mentally drained me, ggs swebe.

Basty

Smash Ace
Monday Night Smash Results
1st. Swebe :4diddy::4fox::4dk:
2nd. MrMiacro:4sonic:
3rd. Bec :4tlink::4pikachu:
4th. Basty:4peach::4sonic:

@ Hobs_ Hobs_ where's your top 4 placement?
Oh wait

Last edited:

1ampercent

Smash Journeyman
Remember, like you said yourself it's only smash 4, it means nothing (Hobs doesn't play that game)

Though fundamentals do transfer between games (unless you win by gimmicks), curious to see your Melee/PM play. :)

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
These online tournaments deserve results?

Should I just leave smashboards?

Edit: I sound like an asshole

Last edited:

canosoap2

Smash Rookie
NNID
GravySupreme
Hey all, Posted this a little late but Taspop ( the society that organises AIcon and MAIcon) is starting a small biweekly smash 4 shindig starting tomorrow Thursday the 2nd of April! It will be on every 2nd Thursday night from 5-9pm at L142 in the Arts faculty building at the Newnham UTAS campus. There will be a 16 seed, double elimination singles tournament and we will also have Melee friendlies. Refreshments are available. $10 entry. Please bring your own controller.

For more info about the event like directions to the location, rulesets etc. check out the Facebook page here: (Edit: sb won't let me post links because I have less than 10 posts total on this site but it you go to Facebook and Google "Launceston smash tournament !" It should show up)

canosoap2

Smash Rookie
NNID
GravySupreme
Thanks to everyone who attended last night for a promising night of smash. Last night showed that the smash community has the potential cultivate up in North East Tasmania very well. Special congrats to Basty for picking up first place in the smash 4 tournament. Our next smash night will be at the same time and place (April 16th from 5-9 pm at L142 on UTAS Newnham Arts Campus) so join us for what is shaping up to be a fun night of smash!

2 +

Smash Cadet
Please keep it to one thread per event... Post this as a reply to your existing thread in future.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Congrats Basty for the millionth time, look forward to actually playing against you on Saturday, the age old $2 money match we organised months ago and forgot about better be happening!

@ Splice Splice sometimes I type faster than my brain can think, coming across as an idiot is the best!

Basty

Smash Ace
Congrats Basty for the millionth time, look forward to actually playing against you on Saturday, the age old $2 money match we organised months ago and forgot about better be happening!

@ Splice Splice sometimes I type faster than my brain can think, coming across as an idiot is the best!
I completely forgot that was a thing ayy lmao

canosoap2

Smash Rookie
NNID
GravySupreme
Figure it's about time I check in:
How's it going everyone, I'm Belanco, one of the people who organise Smash Thursdays up in Launceston. Havent met many of you properly but you have probably seen me more on Facebook or hanging around at Tourneys. Really exciting that there's a community for competitive smash here.

I usually lurk on SB but i hope to talk more with everyone soon!

canosoap2

Smash Rookie
NNID
GravySupreme
Smash Thursdays is Happening again this Thursday the 16th from 5-9pm at Newnham arts campus in L142 ( it's in the building next to the turning circle). As before, we will have a smash 4 tournament with Melee friendlies. Our smash 4 tournament will be running with the Apex 2015 Ruleset. Mewtwo will be tourney legal. Hope to see you there!

Event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1566388603634060/

Basty

Smash Ace
Tassie had it's first Area 52 PM tournament last night!
1st. Swebe :falcon::marth::falco:
1st. Seb :lucario::snake::kirby2:
3rd. Eden :roypm::bowser2:
4th. Sheepgobeep :falco::fox:
Grand finals didn't finish because Area 52 had to close

Last edited:

Sloth

Smash Ace
Any Tassie smashers live in Devonport by any random chance? I'm visiting family in mid/late June and don't have time to travel anywhere else in the state sadly. :(

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Are any Tasmanians coming to BAM7? I'd be keen to have a couple matches with some of them.

Basty

Smash Ace
Swebe and Sheepgobeep are going, two really good players, swebe plays Fox/Falco/Marth/Falcon (I think thats it?) and Sheepgobeep plays Fox. Rest are s4 players

Sloth

Smash Ace
Not really any devonport smashers that I know of, sad that you can't come to launceston, man.
Ah lame. I'm not overally surprised. Back in the day I was the only player from the North West Coast. Heck I was the only player in Tas for a long long time.

Yeah, maybe another time I can make it to something when I have more leave. I feel that I'd have to attend a full scale Tas tournament however I only play Melee and you guys seem to be right up there with the other games!

Basty

Smash Ace
Ah lame. I'm not overally surprised. Back in the day I was the only player from the North West Coast. Heck I was the only player in Tas for a long long time.

Yeah, maybe another time I can make it to something when I have more leave. I feel that I'd have to attend a full scale Tas tournament however I only play Melee and you guys seem to be right up there with the other games!
We can get some running! There is alot of interest!
Are you going?
I might not be going sadly, I've been trying after a month of being guaranteed, then everything fell to crap

Basty

Smash Ace
Launceston Bi-Weeklies 3 Results
1st. Captain Green :4falcon:
2nd. Stuff n Stuff:4ganondorf:
3rd. I'mNotGay :4darkpit:

I did enter but i played like ****
fun tourney tho looking forward to the next one

Top Bottom