• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Tasmanian Smash Community Next Event: Smash Thursdays 5

Basty

Smash Ace
UPDATE BECAUSE THIS THREAD IS HARDLY USED
So November tournament isn't happening, but I'm planning something for Late January-Really Early February
Possibly a monthly, possibly a meet or possibly a tournament series. Anyway it will more than likely held in Launceston (Probably at Good Games)

Basty

Smash Ace
2 more tourneys have been announced! One tournament December 14th and January 10th. Smash 4 only at Area 52 Smash with a possibility of smash 4, I won't be going but will post results later

Basty

Smash Ace
Revival of Tasmania is no longer happening. It is being replaced with a fortnightly tournament series (Area 52 Smash)
However, I am planning a major tournament in the future (After BAM 7)

Basty

Smash Ace
Area 52 Smash happened today and we have our first Smash 4 champions (I didn't attend due to sunday being the worst day of the week)
Will have final results soon.
Also Area 52 Smash will more than likely be a fortnightly event and will hold Melee in the future. Also 4 posts in a row don't ban me Shaya.

1st. Swebe :4diddy:
2nd. Zedd :4ness::4diddy:
3rd. Crash:4greninja:

Tournament Organizer was Athorell

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Some good games all around. I'm excited to see how the smash community grows in Tasmania, more than happy to travel to Launny on the odd occasion too.

The SBTT event is on the 17th now, not sure if it was updated in this thread

Hobs_

Smash Journeyman
Area 52 Smash happened today and we have our first Smash 4 champions (I didn't attend due to sunday being the worst day of the week)
Will have final results soon.
Also Area 52 Smash will more than likely be a fortnightly event and will hold Melee in the future. Also 4 posts in a row don't ban me Shaya.

2nd. Zedd :4ness::4diddy:
3rd. Crash:4greninja:

Tournament Organizer was Athorell
How many entrants?

Also, good stuff Basty. Glad you've taken charge and tried to get Smash happening in Tasmania. You should probably have shown up on Sunday though :p

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
How many entrants?

Also, good stuff Basty. Glad you've taken charge and tried to get Smash happening in Tasmania. You should probably have shown up on Sunday though :p
I don't know entrants. I didn't attend because sunday is a busy day for me.
I'll be at the next one.

Meredy

The Busterina
My birthday was spent walking an hour to a computer repair place. A tournament a few days after your birthday is WAY better bro.

Basty

Smash Ace
its like a 3 hour drive
but seriously tho. If I convince my parents by paying them or some **** like that i'll go lol

Last edited:

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I'm hosting this event and making a point to attend all events I can, I don't want the scene to die on arrival :p

https://www.facebook.com/events/1572721946275415/1581972698683673/

As Basty said, its been changed to January 24, people need to remember to register for this one though, hitting "going" isn't enough. It does look like its going to be a good turnout though.

Area 52 Smash is happening again January 4th
Not sure if I'll attend
Its been changed to January 10th due to people hating sundays, hope you can make it man but I understand travelling is a pain.

Basty

Smash Ace
Another problem for jan 10th is it's a time when heaps of people are travelling down for holidays and traffic could mean I'm late
also zedd host melee pls

Zxv

Smash Lord
I'm staying in Launceston for a few weeks. I'd love to get some games in with somebody; does anybody live nearby / are there any meets scheduled for the next two weeks?

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Area 52's second event is just a day away now, I'm shooting for the grand finals again but this time I want to walk away victorious!

Just a bit over 2 weeks until SBTT's "SUMMER SM4SH"
https://www.facebook.com/events/1572721946275415
The numbers are looking good for a solid turnout of 32+ people. I'm currently working my ass off trying to find TV's and setups for side games while the Tournament is running which is proving difficult thanks to the 4 setups I've organised just for the main event (entry fee wavered for anyone who brings setups). If people are sticking around after the Tournament ends theres going to be plenty of games to play, pizza to eat and we can get our drink on for added 'excitement'

Should I create a seperate thread for this event?

edit:

Where did all the people who seemed interested earlier go? also maybe the first post should be updated and @Luco I didn't know you were Tasmanian!

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
A new thread for the tourney would be good seeing as Area 52 Smash is more of a regular thing then the one you are holding

Basty

Smash Ace
As Zedd said, Area 52 happened today and I didn't attend! Top 3 was the exact same as last week.

2nd. Zedd :4ness:
3rd. Crash :4tlink:

Well done to all! Can't wait to beat you all at SSBT!

Last edited:

Basty

Smash Ace
wanna go m8
But seriously tho I have money so I'll be money matching people.
It's not like I'm completely broke or anything

Top Bottom