• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Cochran
Eddie
Sherri
Dawn
Erik

My preferred order. Pretty much only want Cochran or Eddie to win. Sherri's a coattail, Dawn cries too much and that smile at the end of last tribal...ugh.

And Erik is just an awful, awful player. Not a strategic bone in his body. It was cringeworthy watching him give the idol that he and Andrea found together right over to Andrea without so much as a debate for it. Uselessssss. He is more likeable than Dawn though for me.

I felt bad for Brenda, heck I wish she would of win the whole thing, but it was a wise choice to vote her out. At least pretty much everyone left, cept Erik, has some sense of strategy.

WIDL

We Are Born
And Erik is just an awful, awful player. Not a strategic bone in his body. It was cringeworthy watching him give the idol that he and Andrea found together right over to Andrea without so much as a debate for it. Uselessssss. He is more likeable than Dawn though for me.
Was it though? Had he kept the idol, for sure the target would be on him. It opened up a brilliant opportunity to blindside Andrea.
I don't know. I still really like Erik, cause he's pretty much playing the Sandra game and he was my favorite in Micronesia (a lot because of his enthusiasm and like Ozzy said "wide-eyed kid in a candy store"). Except the excessive stalking lol. Go with the majority vote (he didn't tonight, but apparently he wasn't informed what the plan was). No strategy is also strategy depending on the jury. He said it himself, he has a in with both alliances, so he knows he's not going home. It's not as annoying like seeing people like Dan in Nicaragua making it far.

This episode's vote-off kinda pissed me off. I had a feeling that Brenda wouldn't win, but this vote was so... cruel. Ugh. Made me like Cochran slightly less, and I think Dawn lost her game on it... for some reason. Also, this made Eddie (and Erik I guess) a bigger threat to win. Brenda gained hero status this season (after she was actually shown). If there's a HvV2. I hope she's on it.

If there's a med-evac at final 4/5, I will cry. ._.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
1 clip of the latest episode made me think that dawn gets to final tribal council(when she talked about something on the gameplan, which can be used as a good argument).

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Turns out Brenda had more game than the editors were letting on... Damn she actually might have won if she made the end. What a shame... She deserves a third shot (HvV2?). I have such a crush on her I really hope that wasn't the way she ends her Survivor career. She's too cute to be blindsided that badly. :(

Cochran has been demolishing everyone this season from behind the shadows... Andrea, Malcolm, Reynold, Brenda... They're all gone because of Cochran. He definitely gets my vote.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Except...Dawn's been the one actually doing the work to get rid of Malcolm, Brenda, and Andrea, along with Andrea doing the work with Reynold and doing work with Malcolm going too. Cochran's TALKED about doing stuff. Dawn and Andrea have actually done it. You can talk a big game, bit if you do little to play much of one like Cochran has, you don't get my vote at all.

WIDL

We Are Born
I think that's kinda brilliant by Cochran actually. That way, he won't look like the backstabber. It's not Cochran that will get the hate for betraying Brenda, Dawn will.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think that's kinda brilliant by Cochran actually. That way, he won't look like the backstabber. It's not Cochran that will get the hate for betraying Brenda, Dawn will.

It's not brilliant if you do it from the shadows because then you can't get the credit.

WIDL

We Are Born
Not every juror base their decisions on big moves (hello, Russell). I wouldn't be shocked if Cochran and Dawn find themselves in the final tribal and the jury attacks Dawn for blindsiding them / playing both sides, even though Cochran was in on the move. People seem to really like him, and Cochran himself said he could beat Dawn, and I have to agree. And he has that "two immunity wins" argument etc etc.

I wonder what will happen with the "one survivor goes down" in the last episode.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
True, but you can't really factor Russell in since it's hardly the same when all of your big moves are designed to make everyone feel like crap and like you think they're all beneath you.

WIDL

We Are Born
Where exactly do you draw that from? I didn't get that vibe from him, especially in Samoa. He always said it's a game, and that he had to get rid of the biggest threat to HIM. Give me an example.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Look at the way he interacted with and treated every single person. It's not Monopoly, or Risk, or even Mario Kart where what people think of you doesn't matter. The entire point of Survivor is to have the jury like you when you get to the end. There's no rule that says you HAVE TO do a bunch of brutal blindsides and backstabs of people, it just so happens a number of people think that.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That's the fundamental argument with Survivor... is it better to be the main guy backstabbing people and hope that the jury respects your gameplay (Kim, Rob, Richard Hatch, etc) or is it better to vote along with the main backstabber and hope the jury doesn't see you as the one with blood on your hands (JT, Denise, Natalie White, Sandra, etc).

Based on past history I'd argue its better to get under someone else's wing and let them take the blame. That way you can still indirectly control the game without coming off as a coat tail rider. Those types of players typically make it further and that's exactly what Cochrans been doing this season.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wow, had absolutely no idea that the finale was today. Totally missed it. Sigh...

Regardless, from what I heard on various Facebook posts, congrats...Cochran

WIDL

We Are Born
Sooo upset with Erik getting med-evac'd (don't care what you say, I wanna see him again! :p Two 5th place finishes, it is pretty strong). Super disappointed. But a great season overall, and Cochran's win was well-deserved.

I just read some casting spoilers/rumors on next season. Interesting...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Not gonna lie, but that was an insanely disappointing Finale, a terrible reunion and a REALLY undeserving not only winner, but undeserving unanimous winner at that. The season was just yuck from the get go and such a letdown after Philippines.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
The reunion was awful so I hear. They didnt let the pre jurors on the stage? Wooooow.

Next season looks awful imo. Bad premise and...

ENOUGH RETURNING PLAYERS

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Twas very predictable. Dawn got slammed hard, and I knew she didn't deserve to win before the questions started, and I knew Sherri had no chance at all and the jury questions (or the lack thereof, ouch) spelled her doom. I mean seriously, Erik has a right to speak his piece, and because Sherri didn't like what he was saying, she acted like a total ***** to him. But it was all true, and she didn't bother to explain otherwise except by simply disagreeing. Cochran explained himself well, even created some laughs. Without a doubt the most deserving, and no wonder he didn't seem surprised for even a moment at the finale when it was revealed that he won.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I haven't finished watching the finale but I HAD to pause for a moment and say OH MY GOD BRENDA TORE DAWN A NEW HOLE IN HER JURY SPEECH HOLY ****TTTT. About ****ing time mean Brenda came out! That was nuts!! Like seriously I've never seen someone get ***** that hard in front of a jury... Owned on both a psychological AND physical level at the same time?? Just... Wow!

WHO THE **** GOT MY FUTURE WIFE PREGNANT?? :(

Overall that was an amazing season! Best season since HvV by a long shot... Great cast that actually knew how to play the game well (on the favorites side at least), tons of strategy, crazy blindsides, epic meltdowns, great drama, and a very deserving winner. I enjoyed it immensely.

The finale was a bit meh though... And the preview for the next season didn't get me all that hyped. :\

Oh and these players need to return for an All Stars season:
Malcolm
Reynold
Andrea
Brenda (glad to see she was a fan favorite!)
Cochran (maybe... I feel like he'd be targeted far too early by everyone)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Yeah, and they're hit and miss with a bunch of them, but a couple have me really hyped. That being said, I know the cast, so I'm staying the HELL off of Sucks and sites like it since the cast stuff came from someone on production, so I'd assume boot order spoilers will follow in a couple of weeks. I'm not taking any chances this year, so I'm asking people that already like to be spoiled on theme/cast stuff for Survivor 28 later on.

WIDL

We Are Born
There were at least two or three of them I went like "Heeeeeell to the no" when I saw their names, but it's decent. Not sure how I feel about the actual twist though...

I have already unliked Survivor on facebook (kinda spoiled the medevac this season...), and I'm not planning to go on Sucks either. :p

WIDL

We Are Born
So the cast has been announced and the returning players are:

Tyson Apostol
Aras Baskauskas
Rupert Boneham
Candice Cody (previously known as Candice Woodcock)
Monica Culpepper (meh)
Colton Cumbie
Kat Edorsson
Laura Morett (WHAT, someone other than Russell from Samoa???)
Gervase Peterson (all the way back from Borneo!)
Tina Wesson

I could've sworn the spoiler list had RC on there and not Candice. :p Oh well. The cast is actually pretty decent, but Monica is the ultimate wtf for me. Must be the husband.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I just watched it... Nice amount of drama for the first episode but I'm having a rough time getting invested like I normally do thanks to all of the gimmicks + the very "meh" returning players.

If Colton makes it to the merge I might just have to skip out on this season entirely... Only 1 episode in and he has already reminded me why he's my most hated Survivor player ever (Brandon Hantz being a close 2nd).

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
A wise man once said to me that "Colton, Phillip, and Russell are the unholy trinity of crap in Survivor", and I'm tempted to believe him. Though I'm amazed "new-Colton" lasted half an episode.

WIDL

We Are Born
I can live with Colton on the screen, I don't find him as annoying as Phillip or Russell.

I actually quite like this twist. So much drama and depth.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It was so damn funny seeing Colton be forced to interact with mature, rational adults. He was SO pissed off when they weren't buying what he was selling and attacking each other like he tried to get them to. He's like "How dare the tribe be happy!", and then he goes and accuses 2 people that actually won of playing "stupid Survivor", while he's the moron that will likely never be able to win.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Saw episode 3 now, quite alot happened, the first one out really made a big mistake lol. Second not as much but the tribal vote was a major mistake for the selfproclaimed leader. Only the players that makes it to the merge as pairs stands a chance unless theres so many pairs splitted up they can form a own majority[A]lliance. TIna might have a bit of a shot this season if she somehow gets to know about the immunityidle without getting the clue herself, but way too early for that now.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
All I know is that Colton's finally gone, so this season just became watchable.

Good riddance to that PoS. Never watching Survivor again if that idiot somehow finds his way on my TV screen one more time.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Agreed. I hate him and I dunno why the **** did no one even vote him instead of Candace at the beginning? So happy he's gone

Top Bottom