• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Dragonsbane

Smash Cadet
All right, so I'm sure these already exist but does anybody have the following characters- Spy from Team Fortress 2, and Paya, Hetsu, and Kohga from BotW (all separate icons)

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Along with my far-from-glorious return, I've decided to bring forth a little request I've kept on the backburner for a little over a year now.
First up, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Ice Climbers, Ness, Samus, and Zelda & Sheik in their Melee art. I have icons of all but them, and I'm sure whoever originally made them still has them, but they're probably a good near-200 pages back.

Second and final one for now is both Corrins in one icon. Like the first part, I'm sure it exists, but it'd be far too much of a hassle to skim through several pages with loads of images on each one just to find one icon.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Version 11.0 of the Roster Maker has arrived! Refer to the main post for more information. Please let me know if the update works well (or if it doesn't).

For users who already have a previous version of the Roster Maker and want to keep their data of custom rosters they created and custom characters they added, you must do the following steps :
  1. Extract the archive of the version 11.0 somewhere on your computer.
  2. Replace the file named "rosterMaker.dat" located in the "utils" folder with your old one.
  3. (Optional step) Copy the custom icons you want to keep to the new "icons" folder. If you don't remember which custom icons you added, you can always sort the files in the directory by date. (The last icon file added to the version 10.0 was: "William B.J. Blazkowicz.png "). I recommend not to overwrite existing icons when moving/copying.
  4. (Optional step) Copy or move your roster images from your old "rosters" folder to the new one.
  5. Start up the software by double clicking on the "exe" or "jar" file.
  6. Press the following three keys on your keyboard at the same time: CTRL + SHIFT + =. A confirmation window should appear.
  7. Click "Yes" to perform the update. (The update might take a couple of minutes).
  8. If everything goes well, enjoy the new version! (Otherwise you can message me.)
List of the main new features in version 11.0:
  • Added a button named "Ultimate" to the main window. As its name implies, it will load the character roster for the game Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Only the confirmed characters as of the release of this version of the Roster Maker are present in it by default. However, this roster can be modified as you desire and saved in the database.
  • Added a new attribute named "role" to all characters. This will display the main role a character has attained in current and past games. Some possibilities include: "Playable Character", "Assist Trophy", "Stage", "Item" and more. This attribute can be modified in the window for editing a character's attributes.
  • Added a drop-down list component below the list of characters. This will add the possibility to sort the characters by roles.
  • Modified the status attribute of all characters so they now have four possible states: "Confirmed", "Unconfirmed", "Disconfirmed" and "None". Also updated all things referencing the status.
  • Added the "Assist Trophies Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added the "Poké Ball Pokémon Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added the "Stages Ultimate" roster to the list of custom rosters. It can be accessed by clicking the "Custom rosters" button.
  • Added a button named "Clean" in the Settings window. This can be used to perform a cleanup that will delete broken characters, for which no icons can be found.
  • Modified the options when saving an image of a roster so you can now choose to save it with black borders.
  • 165 new icons added.
  • Rosters update.
  • Various bug fixes.

Last edited:

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Really nicely done!

I am a little surprised you didn't add icons from Kingdom Hearts though. (Also, could have sworn there was a Sora icon in the previous version, which is not there anymore.)

EDIT: My bad, the Sora icons are still there!

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Jakor Jakor There are still many issues, major and minor, in this version.
- Metal Gear has a second icon now for Ultimate.
- Punch-Out!! icon is still missing.
- Pac-Man series icon is missing.
- Xenoblade icon is missing.
- Street Fighter icon is missing.
- Final Fantasy icon is missing.
- Bayonetta series icon is missing.
- Electroplankton is still listed as a character. Electroplankton doesn't have a playable character; it only appears as a stage.
- Wrecking Crew series icon is missing. (Wrecking Crew stage)
- Pilotwings series icon is missing. (Pilotwings stage)
- Wii Sports Resort series icon is missing. (Wuhu Island stage)
- Miiverse series icon is missing. (Miiverse stage)
- Nintendogs series icon is missing. (Living Room stage)
- Balloon Fight series icon is missing. (Balloon Fight stage)
- Find Mii series icon is missing. (Find Mii stage)
- Tomodachi Life series icon is missing. (Tomodachi Life stage)
- Custom Stage icon is missing. (The one that's just a square, triangle and circle.)
- Some icons do not take regional differences into account. (In Europe, 'Duck Hunt' is called 'Duck Hunt Duo', 'Find Mii' is called 'StreetPass Quest' and 'Mary O.' keeps her Japanese name 'Mashiko')

- Zonk is still labelled as 'Air Zonk'. (The character's name is just Zonk.)
- Alisa Ilinichina Amiella is a Namco character, not Third Party.
- Dusk Form Lycanroc is missing.
- Roger Jr.'s icon still shows Roger Jr.'s mother instead of Roger Jr. (Roger Jr. is the joey in the pouch.)
- The icon labelled as 'Strider', his full name is Strider Hiryu.
- The icon labelled 'Yooka-Laylee' should really be 'Yooka & Laylee' (Side note; why is there no '&' in the icon maker?)
- The 10% and Complete forms of Zygarde are missing.
- Deerling and Sawsbuck are missing their Summer, Winter & Autumn forms.
- Deoxys is missing Defense & Speed forms. (The trophy from Brawl pictures it in Attack Form.)
- Castform is missing it's Sunny, Rainy & Snowy forms.
- Burmy & Wormadam are missing Sandy and Trash Cloak forms.
- Cherrim is missing the Sunshine form.
- Shellos & Gastrodon are missing their East Sea forms.
- Rotom is missing its Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan & Mow forms.
- Giratina is missing its Origin Form.
- Shaymin is missing its Sky Form.
- Basculin is missing Blue-Striped Form.
- Darmanitan is missing Zen Mode.
- Kyurem is missing White Kyurem & Black Kyurem Forms.
- Keldeo is missing Resolute Form.
- Meloetta is missing Pirouette Form.
- Hoopa is missing Unbound form.
- Minior is missing its Core form.
- Necrozma is missing Dawn Wings, Dusk Mane & Ultra forms.

Granted, most of these were missing icons, but better to be thorough. There's probably a bunch of problems I'm missing.

ShortcutButton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShortcutButton
makoto.PNG

I'm fairly sure this pic is of Makoto Nanaya, from a completely different series.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
All right, so I'm sure these already exist but does anybody have the following characters- Spy from Team Fortress 2, and Paya, Hetsu, and Kohga from BotW (all separate icons)

Along with my far-from-glorious return, I've decided to bring forth a little request I've kept on the backburner for a little over a year now.
First up, Donkey Kong, Falco, Fox, Ice Climbers, Ness, Samus, and Zelda & Sheik in their Melee art. I have icons of all but them, and I'm sure whoever originally made them still has them, but they're probably a good near-200 pages back.

Second and final one for now is both Corrins in one icon. Like the first part, I'm sure it exists, but it'd be far too much of a hassle to skim through several pages with loads of images on each one just to find one icon.
Most of these were already in the program

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...-11-0-available.336761/page-214#post-21861520
Repost of a bunch of zelda requests from November. i think some of them have been added to the roster maker as defaults, and if someone already made the others and i missed it, then i apologize to whoever already made them lol
Only ones of these that were already in the program were the BotW champions, Kass, and Ilia

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I have three requests.
Andross.png

Crash.png

(No Cappy, just Mario please)
Sharkarat Sharkarat Do you mind doing these?

Last edited by a moderator:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
I have three requests.
View attachment 150094
View attachment 150095
(No Cappy, just Mario please)
Sharkarat Sharkarat Do you mind doing these?
I realize I'm not the person you asked for, but here you go:

Jakor Jakor There are still many issues, major and minor, in this version.
- Metal Gear has a second icon now for Ultimate.
- Punch-Out!! icon is still missing.
- Pac-Man series icon is missing.
- Xenoblade icon is missing.
- Street Fighter icon is missing.
- Final Fantasy icon is missing.
- Bayonetta series icon is missing.
- Electroplankton is still listed as a character. Electroplankton doesn't have a playable character; it only appears as a stage.
- Wrecking Crew series icon is missing. (Wrecking Crew stage)
- Pilotwings series icon is missing. (Pilotwings stage)
- Wii Sports Resort series icon is missing. (Wuhu Island stage)
- Miiverse series icon is missing. (Miiverse stage)
- Nintendogs series icon is missing. (Living Room stage)
- Balloon Fight series icon is missing. (Balloon Fight stage)
- Find Mii series icon is missing. (Find Mii stage)
- Tomodachi Life series icon is missing. (Tomodachi Life stage)
- Custom Stage icon is missing. (The one that's just a square, triangle and circle.)
- Some icons do not take regional differences into account. (In Europe, 'Duck Hunt' is called 'Duck Hunt Duo', 'Find Mii' is called 'StreetPass Quest' and 'Mary O.' keeps her Japanese name 'Mashiko')

- Zonk is still labelled as 'Air Zonk'. (The character's name is just Zonk.)
- Alisa Ilinichina Amiella is a Namco character, not Third Party.
- Dusk Form Lycanroc is missing.
- Roger Jr.'s icon still shows Roger Jr.'s mother instead of Roger Jr. (Roger Jr. is the joey in the pouch.)
- The icon labelled as 'Strider', his full name is Strider Hiryu.
- The icon labelled 'Yooka-Laylee' should really be 'Yooka & Laylee' (Side note; why is there no '&' in the icon maker?)
- The 10% and Complete forms of Zygarde are missing.
- Deerling and Sawsbuck are missing their Summer, Winter & Autumn forms.
- Deoxys is missing Defense & Speed forms. (The trophy from Brawl pictures it in Attack Form.)
- Castform is missing it's Sunny, Rainy & Snowy forms.
- Burmy & Wormadam are missing Sandy and Trash Cloak forms.
- Cherrim is missing the Sunshine form.
- Shellos & Gastrodon are missing their East Sea forms.
- Rotom is missing its Heat, Wash, Frost, Fan & Mow forms.
- Giratina is missing its Origin Form.
- Shaymin is missing its Sky Form.
- Basculin is missing Blue-Striped Form.
- Darmanitan is missing Zen Mode.
- Kyurem is missing White Kyurem & Black Kyurem Forms.
- Keldeo is missing Resolute Form.
- Meloetta is missing Pirouette Form.
- Hoopa is missing Unbound form.
- Minior is missing its Core form.
- Necrozma is missing Dawn Wings, Dusk Mane & Ultra forms.

Granted, most of these were missing icons, but better to be thorough. There's probably a bunch of problems I'm missing.
Castform's weather variations and Darmanitan's Zen Mode don't have Ken Sugimori art, so I used the Dream World art instead

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The Mario icon is a bit too zoomed in for me...
Sorry if it's too much to ask, but do you mind re-doing it? For reference, I want it to be closer to this:
IconLuigi (5).png

Other than that, thank you for the icons.

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
So the current version is great and the icon maker is a quick and handy tool, although I am having an issue.

The issue I'm having is with the Boba Fett icon. When I first put it into the program a few years ago, I accidentally forgot to make the f uppercase, and even after fixing it there were always two versions of him in my program. One with a proper uppercase and additional icons, and then the lowercase duplicate that just wouldn't go away. After getting the new version and bringing over all the custom icons, I discovered that the regular Boba Fett doesn't work anymore. The only one there is the lowercase duplicate, and no matter what I do I can't make the icon and its other versions work anymore.

What exactly is causing this? Faulty/bad leftover metadata, or something else?
Jakor Jakor Sorry to have to tag, but do you know of any quick fixes for this?

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603

Castform's weather variations and Darmanitan's Zen Mode don't have Ken Sugimori art, so I used the Dream World art instead

Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep About Darmanitan; yes it does.

And so does Castform.

The Streetpass icon is fine, but the issue I had was the game is called both Steetpass Quest (in PAL regions) and Find Mii (in US). Same applies to the stage, yet only one named Find Mii is in the maker.

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
The Mario icon is a bit too zoomed in for me...
Sorry if it's too much to ask, but do you mind re-doing it? For reference, I want it to be closer to this:
View attachment 150208
Other than that, thank you for the icons.

Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep About Darmanitan; yes it does.

And so does Castform.

The Streetpass icon is fine, but the issue I had was the game is called both Steetpass Quest (in PAL regions) and Find Mii (in US). Same applies to the stage, yet only one named Find Mii is in the maker.
So they do, that's what I get for not checking Bulbapedia for the artwork

As for the regional name changes, if you can get me a list of all of the icons with vastly different names in PAL regions, I can make icons for them

Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I'm taking notes of the comments that were made about the icons. Proceleon Proceleon ShortcutButton ShortcutButton
So the current version is great and the icon maker is a quick and handy tool, although I am having an issue.

The issue I'm having is with the Boba Fett icon. When I first put it into the program a few years ago, I accidentally forgot to make the f uppercase, and even after fixing it there were always two versions of him in my program. One with a proper uppercase and additional icons, and then the lowercase duplicate that just wouldn't go away. After getting the new version and bringing over all the custom icons, I discovered that the regular Boba Fett doesn't work anymore. The only one there is the lowercase duplicate, and no matter what I do I can't make the icon and its other versions work anymore.

What exactly is causing this? Faulty/bad leftover metadata, or something else?
Jakor Jakor Sorry to have to tag, but do you know of any quick fixes for this?
Remove all of Boba Fett's icons temporarily, and use the "Clean" button in the Settings window. Try adding the icon back afterwards. Tell me if that worked.

Dragonsbane

Smash Cadet
So having this character in smash would go completely against their characterization and the tone of the series they're from in general... but having played hundreds of hours of the series and being in my top 3 game series of all time kind of makes me still want it to happen...
336857.jpg
Zero

EDIT: NVM i made my own terrible one (I don't really know how making them works), but it's good enough for my purposes
IconZero (999).png
IconZero (999) (2).png

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep I listed all the ones I can spot at the moment in my previous comment.
- 'Duck Hunt' is known as 'Duck Hunt Duo' A minor change, yes, but worth mentioning.
- 'Find Mii' is called 'Streetpass Quest' as I said. That goes for both the series icon and stage, since the icon refers to that game exclusively, not Streetpass as a whole. (I know, it's confusing.)
- 'Mary O.' is called 'Mashiko' which is the same as her Japanese name.
- And just in case Jakor Jakor decides to add Oceana Louvier from Endless Ocean her name is Océane Rouvier in Europe.
That last one is more to prevent having to bring it up in future, but those are the ones I can spot currently.
Speaking of adding icons, I feel there should be Infinite and the Wolf, Bird and Cat versions of the Avatar from Sonic Forces.

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep I listed all the ones I can spot at the moment in my previous comment.
- 'Duck Hunt' is known as 'Duck Hunt Duo' A minor change, yes, but worth mentioning.
- 'Find Mii' is called 'Streetpass Quest' as I said. That goes for both the series icon and stage, since the icon refers to that game exclusively, not Streetpass as a whole. (I know, it's confusing.)
- 'Mary O.' is called 'Mashiko' which is the same as her Japanese name.
- And just in case Jakor Jakor decides to add Oceana Louvier from Endless Ocean her name is Océane Rouvier in Europe.
That last one is more to prevent having to bring it up in future, but those are the ones I can spot currently.
Speaking of adding icons, I feel there should be Infinite and the Wolf, Bird and Cat versions of the Avatar from Sonic Forces.
I was aware that the icon only represented Find Mii/Streetpass Quest and not all of Streetpass, I just called it Streetpass as an easy middle ground that made sense in both regions.

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I was aware that the icon only represented Find Mii/Streetpass Quest and not all of Streetpass, I just called it Streetpass as an easy middle ground that made sense in both regions.
Wow, I was not expecting a response that soon.
I'll point out further things if I notice them.

Last edited:

Dragonsbane

Smash Cadet
Yet another new request I have today, Alex from Golden Sun, using the same picture as the one in the roster maker but a bit more zoomed in

Top Bottom