• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I second the sentiment about the icon zooming. A fair few are WAY too zoomed out. Especially older icons.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I also agree with this. Tempted to go through every icon and zoom some of them in, though it would take a fair while
Some with big hair like Iggy (2)
are really guilty of this, which doesn't make sense when Iggy
is fine! Hammer Bros.
is a poor one too; why put them right at the bottom when diagonally would look much better. That's how I fixed mine
And while I'm complaining about icons, the choice of artwork on King Dedede (5)
and Bowser (5)
is just... to be quite blunt, awful. These two are just.. ugly. I'm sorry, but compared to the rest of the Dedede and Bowser art, they're just ugly.
Oh, speaking of icons, Jakor Jakor do you think it would be easier to have grey borders on the roster screen by default and to add blue, red, green, yellow, purple and black through the normal clicking method? The option to mix grey, black and colours in one roster would be appreciated but currently there's no option for that.

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
for some reason it scrolls down all the icons for no reason?
it has now stopped but i don't know
basically there might be something going on with the scrolling or it might have been my pc, lol?

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
Some with big hair like Iggy (2)
are really guilty of this, which doesn't make sense when Iggy
is fine! Hammer Bros.
is a poor one too; why put them right at the bottom when diagonally would look much better. That's how I fixed mine
And while I'm complaining about icons, the choice of artwork on King Dedede (5)
and Bowser (5)
is just... to be quite blunt, awful. These two are just.. ugly. I'm sorry, but compared to the rest of the Dedede and Bowser art, they're just ugly.
Oh, speaking of icons, Jakor Jakor do you think it would be easier to have grey borders on the roster screen by default and to add blue, red, green, yellow, purple and black through the normal clicking method? The option to mix grey, black and colours in one roster would be appreciated but currently there's no option for that.
I fully agree with you on Iggy and the Hammer Bros, but I think using classic artwork for some characters is fine.

Another thing the program does is try and find 3D renders of the characters, while this is definitely fine for a lot of the icons, some like Barbara
or Baron Praxis
don't look super great when there is good 2D art of them available

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Jakor

Smash Ace
I'll consider this. As for the icons, I reckon some of them could be improved, but I think most are fine.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
I fully agree with you on Iggy and the Hammer Bros, but I think using classic artwork for some characters is fine.

Another thing the program does is try and find 3D renders of the characters, while this is definitely fine for a lot of the icons, some like Barbara
or Baron Praxis
don't look super great when there is good 2D art of them available
Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep Wait, the program finds images?! What's wrong with hand picking them?
Oh, and on renders; I personally prefer 3D render images. If there's an icon for Sugimori Ekans and 3D Ekans, I'll take 3D Ekans every time; I just think it's more consistent with Smash. ya know?

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice

Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep Wait, the program finds images?! What's wrong with hand picking them?
Oh, and on renders; I personally prefer 3D render images. If there's an icon for Sugimori Ekans and 3D Ekans, I'll take 3D Ekans every time; I just think it's more consistent with Smash. ya know?
A poor choice of words on my part, I more meant that the favoritism towards 3D renders over 2D art sometimes makes the icons look a bit crappy

I also made an icon for the new Overwatch hero:

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
A poor choice of words on my part, I more meant that the favoritism towards 3D renders over 2D art sometimes makes the icons look a bit crappy
You can find good 3D renders with a bit of digging, but they do need some searching in some cases. Failing that, just take a screenshot from the game and cut out the character. I've had to do the with more obscure characters like Death Egg Robot from Sonic Forces, Kursed from StarFox and Tower from House of the Dead. Although that said, AGES from Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed didn't have a transparent render for a good while.

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice
If it ain’t too much trouble, can someone make an icon for

You can find good 3D renders with a bit of digging, but they do need some searching in some cases. Failing that, just take a screenshot from the game and cut out the character. I've had to do the with more obscure characters like Death Egg Robot from Sonic Forces, Kursed from StarFox and Tower from House of the Dead. Although that said, AGES from Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed didn't have a transparent render for a good while.
I know that it isn't impossible to find a good 3D render of characters, but sometimes it would just look better to use their 2D art

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep I spotted one more regional difference. Waldo is called Wally in Europe.
I feel like Crash & Spyro should get an icon together if they haven't already.

Last edited:

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
Made a few icons.

https://imgur.com/a/qMQ2jgE

IconAdeleine.png
IconBalloon Fighter.png
IconCelica.png
IconChibi-Robo.png
IconChrom.png
IconMach Rider.png
IconMallow (Pokemon).png
IconMimikyu.png
IconPrince Sable.png
IconSigmario.png

For search keyword purposes: Adeleine, Balloon Fighter, Celica, Chibi Robo, Chrom, Mach Rider, Mallow, Mimikyu, Prince Sable, Sigmario/Ʃario (world's strongest OC).

Enjoy

Last edited:

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Jakor Jakor Just remembered; are you going to add the series for the other fighters (Bayonetta, Street Fighter, Final Fantasy, etc.) in the series list like you did with Splatoon?
Also, I notice the file sizes are getting bigger. Old icons are usually 3 or 4 KB, but newer icon are reaching up to 93 KB. Something up with that?

Last edited:

Mrrp_The_Sheep

Smash Apprentice

Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep The Overwatch hero you posted; his name's Wrecking Ball.
Jakor Jakor Is Big Bob-Omb not supposed to be named King Bob-Omb?

Also, since Cat Mario and Peach are in, here's the Cat versions of Luigi, Toad and Rosalina as well as Meowser and Bowser in his wedding outfit.
While the new hero is called Wrecking Ball, the actual Hamster is named Hammond. My original plan was to make one called 'Wrecking Ball' as him in the mech but I couldn't get the picture in a way I wanted, so I am waiting for the official art to come out.

Thanks!! Um, I actually forgot a few... :facepalm:
One of Pyra and Mythra together
Labo Man
Mii Mage
Mii Athlete
Emerl
Rabbid Mario
Solaire
Jibanyan
Frisk
Undyne
Madeline
Luffy
Shaq O'Neal
Iwata
Papyrus

Sooooo Sorry...
FYI: Solaire & Rabbid Mario were already in the program

Edit: Is anyone else not able to see any of the uploaded pictures? You can see them when replying to the post, but they don't show up in the post itself

Last edited:

Codec02

Smash Apprentice
idea, everytime the roster maker is updated it adds all the icons that are in this thread because it will take ages to go through all 231 pages to download them all

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
idea, everytime the roster maker is updated it adds all the icons that are in this thread because it will take ages to go through all 231 pages to download them all
Codec02 Codec02 Considering many icons here are either copies of already applied icons, slightly altered versions or just straight-up irrelevant to anything, it would probably make the icon selection into a confusing and overcrowded mess.
Jakor Jakor or Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep Is it possible to get icons for the enemies in Subspace Emissary? We already have the basic Primid.
Also missing the female Frillish and male Jellicent.

Last edited:

Chazman2000

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4940-6816-9641
Codec02 Codec02 Considering many icons here are either copies of already applied icons, slightly altered versions or just straight-up irrelevant to anything, it would probably make the icon selection into a confusing and overcrowded mess.
Jakor Jakor or Mrrp_The_Sheep Mrrp_The_Sheep Is it possible to get icons for the enemies in Subspace Emissary? We already have the basic Primid.
Also missing the female Frillish and male Jellicent.
IconFrillish (2).png
IconJellicent.png

Already had them done.

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Chazman2000 Chazman2000 They weren't added to the official Maker was my point.

More Info problem, Jakor Jakor
- OVER-1 is part of the Mega Man series, he's currently in the Capcom section.
- The Bayonetta characters are classified as Third Party; they should be in the SEGA section. This was right in previous versions, how did this get messed up?
- The Minecraft characters are also in Third Party instead of Microsoft. This was also right in previous versions.
- Mametchi should be Bandai Namco, not Fourth Party. Tamagotchi are virtual pets, therefore technically games, and Bandai developed them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom