• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Super Smash Bros. Roster Maker (Version 11.0 available)

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I've been having that issue too. For some reason no matter which version of the icon I use, it doesn't want me to add Staraptor for some reason. I've tried using two different icons and both don't show up. And it's only Staraptor this is happening to.

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Same, just recently had this issue too. Except I was making a Waluigi icon in the icon maker and when I saved it, it wouldn't load in the roster maker. I would click on 'add new character icons' but nothin happens. I checked to make sure the name of the icon was correct, and it was. The only way I was able to get the icon to show up was by adding in one of the default Waluigi icons you get when you first download the roster maker.

Jakor

Smash Ace
How do you directly export pre-made icons (like the ones posted in previous messages) to Roster Maker (if that question hasn't been answered yet)?

Edit: Looks like I'm not the only one that went across that issue.
I'm not sure what you mean by "export", but to import new icons, you have to move them to the "icons" folder while following the same name structure as other icons. Then in the Roster Maker, you have to use the "Add new character icons" in the File menu.
gah, java doesn't support firefox anymore. Is there any add ons that is like java so the roster maker can run?
The Roster Maker needs Java installed on your computer to run. It isn't related to plugins used for your internet browser.
I've run into a mechanical issue. I saved several new icons in the proper folder, and used the "Add New Icons" command in the program, but a few of them, for some reason, have not been added. Most have, but these holdouts are screwing me over. Any idea what's going on?
I've been having that issue too. For some reason no matter which version of the icon I use, it doesn't want me to add Staraptor for some reason. I've tried using two different icons and both don't show up. And it's only Staraptor this is happening to.
Same, just recently had this issue too. Except I was making a Waluigi icon in the icon maker and when I saved it, it wouldn't load in the roster maker. I would click on 'add new character icons' but nothin happens. I checked to make sure the name of the icon was correct, and it was. The only way I was able to get the icon to show up was by adding in one of the default Waluigi icons you get when you first download the roster maker.
I'm looking into these issues. But I want to know one detail, did any of you remove one or all existing icons of the characters you mentioned?

Last edited:

Questionmark222

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure what you mean by "export", but to import new icons, you have to move them to the "icons" folder while following the same name structure as other icons. Then in the Roster Maker, you have to use the "Add new character icons" in the File menu.
Worked for me, thanks a lot!

BigZGaming2015

Smash Journeyman
Nope, had to keep at least one of the icons or else the one I made in the icon maker wouldn't show up.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
For the life of me I can't find any renders for the characters' alts/the Pokemon from the Trainer/the Mii Fighter classes by themselves. Does anyone have them?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For the life of me I can't find any renders for the characters' alts/the Pokemon from the Trainer/the Mii Fighter classes by themselves. Does anyone have them?
For the Pokemon Trainer, the renders are available on the E3 press site.

http://nintendo.e3press.com/Event

The username is Nintendo, and the password is Smash2018. If you download the Smash Bros. Ultimate artwork, fact sheets, etc. (which is all in one zip file), it will have separate renders for the trainer and all three Pokemon.

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Will there eventually be Ultimate icons for every character? I would like at least the ones that have been confirmed, for now.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

Jakor

Smash Ace
Version 11.0 of the Roster Maker is progressing well. I think I'll be able to release it this coming thursday or friday.

Super Flygon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Master_Zach
3DS FC
1289-8257-7574
Switch FC
SW-5750-9817-6593
Version 11.0 of the Roster Maker is progressing well. I think I'll be able to release it this coming thursday or friday.
Awesome! What major changes can we expect? I assume we'll be able to transfer over rosters we've already created, as well as icons we've added.

Jakor

Smash Ace
Awesome! What major changes can we expect? I assume we'll be able to transfer over rosters we've already created, as well as icons we've added.
Updated information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate of course, a new attribute for characters to specify their roles (playable character, assist trophy, stage, item, and more), as well as some other changes here and there. All data and icons will be transferable, following the same procedure as last time for those who updated from version 9.1 to 10.0.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Not sure if any icon makers are still lurking around, but could I bug someone for a Lycanroc icon that has all three forms?

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Updated information about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate of course, a new attribute for characters to specify their roles (playable character, assist trophy, stage, item, and more), as well as some other changes here and there. All data and icons will be transferable, following the same procedure as last time for those who updated from version 9.1 to 10.0.
This all sounds really cool, can't wait ^_^

ecylisis

Smash Apprentice
Not quite done with the Dojo versions yet but I finished up normal icons for every Ultimate character a while ago:

https://imgur.com/a/E7CowAY

I actually saved the PSDs this time so if any look off feel free to let me know, tweaks should be simple.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930
Does anyone have an icon for the ultimate logo? There are logos of the other games in the roster maker and I want to see if anyone has made one for Ultimate. (Just the part that says Ultimate, don't include "Super Smash Bros.")

The letters were spaced too far apart so I moved them in closer.

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633

Made these a few weeks ago in GIMP. Never made icons myself before, and so the aspect ratios and quality are a tad messed up, and Natsuki for some reason is super-blurry. That aside, if anyone wants these, here they are.
Never mind, found a better way to make them so I fixed them up, as well as throwing in Professor Pac-Man.
(Also yes it's been several months hi.)

Last edited:

ShadicMCGS

Smash Apprentice
Is version 11.0 still being finalised? Jakor said it would be available either Thursday or Friday, and to me, it's Saturday (AEST).

Top Bottom