• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Super Mario Galaxy Stage!~

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
What about playing on a star , then a switch appear after about 20 seconds. Then a black hole appears and you slowly get sucked into , while still having a chance to fight. Then you spawn on a upside down gravity map , although the controlls are still the same not having to reverse. Then another switch in 30 secs. Black hole again , then another cool map, then back to the original.

IDEA WAS BY ATIRE AKA MAYO

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
I'm not liking the Gravity change ideas. They sound good in theory, but in execution they could be clunky and annoying.

I'd like to see the Sweet Sweet Galaxy or the Matter Splatter Galaxy as a stage though.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I'm not liking the Gravity change ideas. They sound good in theory, but in execution they could be clunky and annoying.

I'd like to see the Sweet Sweet Galaxy or the Matter Splatter Galaxy as a stage though.
matter splatter would be hard for a stage...people would fall through

Magnacor

Smash Ace

You can change the gravity in Special Brawl already, so there is no reason they shouldn't use gravity effects.

GamenerdAdvance

Smash Apprentice
You can change the gravity in Special Brawl already, so there is no reason they shouldn't use gravity effects.

Fair enough, low gravity can work, but I'm talking about those ideas that involve a spherical planet you can walk all the way around.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Fair enough, low gravity can work, but I'm talking about those ideas that involve a spherical planet you can walk all the way around.
Oh that. Now I see what you're saying. I agree with you there. If they did that they'd have to reprogram the actions of every character in every possible direction. That would take up quite a bit of disk space not to mention it would be nearly impossible to get the controls right..

Oh that. Now I see what you're saying. I agree with you there. If they did that they'd have to reprogram the actions of every character in every possible direction. That would take up quite a bit of disk space not to mention it would be nearly impossible to get the controls right..
I still see it as a possibility, and it would be pretty unique. You don't really have to change control styles either; it would be like rotating the television screen as you walk around. The only problems would be that it would be difficult to hit foes with projectiles on a round world.

Anyway, my idea is that they use the first planet of the Gateway Galaxy, and include the hole that goes all the way through for added experience.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Also, lame argument. Too recent? Perhaps you'd care to explain how Rosalina is an AT.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I still see it as a possibility, and it would be pretty unique. You don't really have to change control styles either; it would be like rotating the television screen as you walk around. The only problems would be that it would be difficult to hit foes with projectiles on a round world.
Yes but, even if they didn't change the controls it be confusing. Not to mention it would be really hard to KO someone if you could only kill them upwards. It would also take a while, to program all of the actions at every different angle. If you ask me that'd be a lot of work for just one stage.

i think galaxy is out of the question because it is to close to brawl in release dates but, Sakuri (hwvr u spell his name) has surprised us in the past......
I like how you posted that right after someone posted that there was a Galaxy Assist Trophy. And it's Sakurai, by the way.

Yes but, even if they didn't change the controls it be confusing. Not to mention it would be really hard to KO someone if you could only kill them upwards. It would also take a while, to program all of the actions at every different angle. If you ask me that'd be a lot of work for just one stage.
Not really. A strong attack that sends them sideways can still KO, but if they start falling again they will fall downwards to another part of the planet. The whole gravity aspect doesn't have to affect anything that isn't normally affected by gravity. An enemy sent flying is not affected by gravity until he/she starts falling again. Granted, it would be difficult to play with projectiles.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Not really. A strong attack that sends them sideways can still KO, but if they start falling again they will fall downwards to another part of the planet. The whole gravity aspect doesn't have to affect anything that isn't normally affected by gravity. An enemy sent flying is not affected by gravity until he/she starts falling again. Granted, it would be difficult to play with projectiles.
That would make a few people (myself included) dizzy

JUMPING_YOSHI

Smash Cadet
Well,I would like to see a stage where you move on many of the galaxie's planets and each of them would have their own gravity.

volbound1700

Smash Master
I have an Idea, but it's kinda spoiler-ish, so...

What if the Star Festival was a stage? Not the Star Festival in the OP, the one in the Grand Finale Galaxy. Star Bits falling everywhere, random characters from SMG running around the stage (surfing penguins, bees, Toad Brigade...). It would be a traveling stage like Isle Delfino, and would only be unlocked by 2 methods:

1. Play 128 straight matches with Mario.

2. Have an SMG save file with 121 stars with both Mario and Luigi.

Otherwise, a Galaxy Tour sounds good, one Galaxy for each of the 7 observatories.
A pit off topic but how did you beat the purple coin comet in the haunted house level. 1 minute is awful fast.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Maybe (and by that I mean very unlikely) you get to arrange the planets on the stage, like stage designer

VZERO

Smash Cadet
it would be cool if they had the observatory as a stage and every once in a while the background would change to a differnt galaxy( one minute your at good egg next your at battlerock galaxy sorta like lylat cruise does it)

shadowed_phoenix

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it would definatly have to be the observatory or the good egg galaxy, because they are there from the begining. Or there could be a new princess peaches castle but with meteorites and star bits and bowser jr. ships firing cannon balls at the level

Patinator

Smash Champion
Mmm, I think the Comet Observatory would be the best choice...

It could travel through the many galaxies in each dome, including the Hungry Luma and Trial Galaxies, with the *LAST* Galaxy (Too lazy for spoiler tags... :p) at the end.

Then it just cycles back...

...But it takes about five minutes to go through on lap.

For the most memorable galaxies, the music changes. I'll come back with a list of the different tracks one can choose from. It'll be LONG...

626key

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, I think the Comet Observatory would be the best choice...

It could travel through the many galaxies in each dome, including the Hungry Luma and Trial Galaxies, with the *LAST* Galaxy (Too lazy for spoiler tags... :p) at the end.

Then it just cycles back...

...But it takes about five minutes to go through on lap.

For the most memorable galaxies, the music changes. I'll come back with a list of the different tracks one can choose from. It'll be LONG...
I honestly don't think this will happen, I mean they already did it with delfino plaza

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
nah the best galaxy level would just be a planet with gravity all the way round it
you couldn't fall of youd have to be knocked of the stage
imagine glidin all the way around it or knocking someone into an orbit, thatd be nice

Pun

Smash Apprentice
The observatory would be the best. Making it on a planet just wouldn't seem like SMG. Maybe the bowser airships could work out and you keep on moving from airship to airship.

PwnyRide

Smash Ace
Vertical is as far as it goes ~

No idea if this idea has already been posted, and chances are a similar one has, but ill go ahead anyway~

Take a fairly basic level like the observatory, and give it the extra gravity effects, but they should only be apllied it vertical instances. For example (only an example of what im talking about)~

A flat area with pillars scattered around, instead of the whole bumping into a wall and flinching animation, the said character would just keep running all the way over the pillar and down to the other side.

Now there is the possible issue where in galaxy, if mario jumped close to a wall that acted in this way, he would be flipped in a way as to match the way the gravity acts on the side of the wall. In Brawl, this would not happen, as the mechanic would only take place if a character runs from floor -> wall, making it possible to still simply jump over such terrain.

Patinator

Smash Champion
...Okay, maybe my idea was a little to much like Delfino Plaza. Plus it'd use up a LOT of space.

I don't care about the stage as long as it has the best SMG music...

Top Bottom