• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~The Super Mario Galaxy Stage!~

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I wish there was a sort of Delfino-Esque stage where the Observatory warps to different galaxies and in ever Galaxy, you could choose to jump off the Observatory and battle on the planet.

Some Galaxies I'd love to see represented would be:

Good Egg Galaxy
Buoy Base Galaxy
Sweet Sweet Galaxy
Battle Rock Galaxy
Melty Molten Galaxy
Dread Naught Galaxy
I was hoping for something like that too except make it Peach's Castle being carried away by Bowser's ship, like in the first level of the game. I also like your stage list, but it needs at least one of the levels with penguins.

EDIT: You could also use the Luigi's Mansion level. That would give his game at least some representation.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
I was hoping for something like that too except make it Peach's Castle being carried away by Bowser's ship, like in the first level of the game. I also like your stage list, but it needs at least one of the levels with penguins.
Penguins?

Then I'd add Loop de Loop Galaxy to that list.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I don't care as much about the Galaxy Stage as I do about the Gusty Garden music. They don't need to remix it or anything, but if that song is not in, Brawl will not be all it could have.

Seriously, every time I hear that song I want to cry.

Anyways, any kind of Galaxy stage should have multiple little planets, maybe each with their own field of gravity.

supersonicdjs

Smash Journeyman
How about a stage that has all the items?

Invincicbility star, Bee Mushroom, Boo Mushroom, Ice Mushroom, and the other items.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
I was thinking of a Galaxy stage too and I think it would be cool if you started out on one of the beginning planets then a Warp Star would appear and everyone would have to run into it. Then it would shoot off to another planet and if your left behind then you die.

Reno-Vgas

Smash Cadet
I doubt there gonna do a round planet like stage. But I bet that they're gonna make the Observatory a stage if anything.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I think he might make it as a SSE boss
Bowser Jr. as a SSE boss....i know that belongs in a totally different thread but thats a good idea
Nooooo!1!!!11! Bowser Jr is too awesome to be anything but, playable.

I doubt there gonna do a round planet like stage. But I bet that they're gonna make the Observatory a stage if anything.
Back on topic, they will most likely either do the observatory or a fly-through level where you see all of the planets. I'd personally prefer the second one.

Reno-Vgas

Smash Cadet
Back on topic, they will most likely either do the observatory or a fly-through level where you see all of the planets. I'd personally prefer the second one.
that would be cool and all, but it sounds to much like Lylat Cruise.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
Geno says Hi.
Yes, but you see, I am blinded by fanboyism, therefore, I am oblivious to all other character choices that even slightly infringe the chances my own character. I will now proceed to flame you and tell you why your character has no chance and is gay, all the while, failing to strengthen my argument of why my character deserves his place in Brawl in the slightest. ;)

that would be cool and all, but it sounds to much like Lylat Cruise.
Yeah, but my idea has a gimmick. You start out on Princess Peach's Castle (with a walkoff bottom) and after 30 seconds or so Bowser's big laser UFO thing from the begining of the game appears (now you can't KO upwards, but it only lasts about ten seconds) shoots it's laser damaging anyone in its path. Then chains come from the Bowser's Airships (they stay in the background) and the castle (along with some land from underneath it) get's carried away and you go sightseeing.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
How about a round planet where the characters can't fall,they can be upside down in the botttom,the only want to win is to knock the enemy from the top,or maybe flying starbits that hurt them.

626key

Smash Journeyman
How about a round planet where the characters can't fall,they can be upside down in the botttom,the only want to win is to knock the enemy from the top,or maybe flying starbits that hurt them.
It always comes back to that idea, or a lylat system knock off

Magnacor

Smash Ace
It always comes back to that idea, or a lylat system knock off
and then it always comes back too someone complaining that a circular stage would be too confusing and hard to implement and they don't want a Mario-fied Lylat Cruise. After that I silently agree about the round planet thing, and then state how they could make another fly-through but give it extra gimmicks add some unique hazards and platforms to make it seem like more than a Lylat Cruise clone.

Nisori

Smash Rookie
if they are not on a platform, how would they go to different worlds?
Since there are launch stars in Galaxy, something like that could occur during a fight.

For example the Mute City Stage, the platform sinks into the track at certain points/time intervals. The same can happen with a Galaxy stage, only characters could get launched to other planets at predetermined intervals.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
How about a scrolling stage where you jump from platform to platform as the stage scrolls, sort of like Poke Floats except you're in space. In certain areas the gravity changes and you fight upside down or sideways.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Since there are launch stars in Galaxy, something like that could occur during a fight.

For example the Mute City Stage, the platform sinks into the track at certain points/time intervals. The same can happen with a Galaxy stage, only characters could get launched to other planets at predetermined intervals.
yes, but what if you jump into a launch star, what would happen to your opponent, because I don't think sakuri would just leave him behind without a fighting chance

Nisori

Smash Rookie
yes, but what if you jump into a launch star, what would happen to your opponent, because I don't think sakuri would just leave him behind without a fighting chance

It wouldn't be the player jumping into the stars. All the players would be forced into a launch path by the level. Probably wouldn't be able to fight during the launch, if you could though that would be interesting.

D4RK_HUNT3R

Smash Cadet
No offense, but if it's too intricate and complex (like multiple planets) then it probably won't be in. The "can only be KO'd if knocked upwards" is a pretty interesting idea, and it might work.

Nisori

Smash Rookie
No offense, but if it's too intricate and complex (like multiple planets) then it probably won't be in. The "can only be KO'd if knocked upwards" is a pretty interesting idea, and it might work.

I don't believe it is anymore intricate than the pictochat or wario ware stage. Both of those feature a changing stage. The Galaxy one would just change the stage, and possibly the gravity. Not hard at all to implement in a game.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Yah, I still agree with that theory

Meta Jr

Smash Cadet
In between The Halberd and Bowser's Castle. You ca
A Super Mario Galaxy Stage that I would like, will be like, there will be about 2-4 planets at first. Then it'll flip over and you're on the bottom of the 2-4. Then it will move down for more planets so on and so forth. Then you'll start going Galaxy through Galaxy(of course not through all Galaxys). Their own special way.

When you got to Toy Time Galaxy you'd do what Trophyhunter said but only once and continue on.

As for the Honeyhive Galaxy you'd go through the way you raced Cosmic Mario. You'd also at some points there will only be three Bee Mushrooms(for two player there's one mushroom for three player there's two mushrooms) you have to grab one to get up to your next destination. The player who doesn't have a mushroom will have to go through a cave through the wall that has stairs next to the mushrooms. The one that doesn't have a mushroom will not be able to see there player in the cave. You would then go through there losing damage for there are enimies in there.

For the Ghostly Galaxy you'll go through a Hanted Mansion(the one in the game)and find your way through there. For you'll have to find keys and the one who finds it moves on once again only three keys(for two player 1 key for three player 2 keys) the one who doesn't find one will be attacked by Boos unable to do anything.

I'll do some more Galaxies later. If I were Sakurai I'd make the stage have those Galaxies only so you don't go through the stage forever without going through all the galaxies.

Florida

イーグランツ
We all know that if there's going to be a Super Mario Galaxy stage, it's going to be the Gateway / Gate. (in other words, a rounded planet.) That in itself is a unique stage, especially with the twisted gravity-- you'd just have a 2-D view of the planet, and the characters can run around forever, until they get knee'd into space / off-screen. :p

Final Mario

Smash Rookie
I like it, but the shooting star might be a problem, you wouldn't be able to Brawl in the air, with the exception of gliding.

RussianBagel

Smash Apprentice
Wait a Galaxy stage? I think there were rumors going around I remember some of my friends talking about it. Hmm well it would be sick if there was a low gravity stage like that.

SwordMasterR0X

Smash Cadet
I have an Idea, but it's kinda spoiler-ish, so...

What if the Star Festival was a stage? Not the Star Festival in the OP, the one in the Grand Finale Galaxy. Star Bits falling everywhere, random characters from SMG running around the stage (surfing penguins, bees, Toad Brigade...). It would be a traveling stage like Isle Delfino, and would only be unlocked by 2 methods:

1. Play 128 straight matches with Mario.

2. Have an SMG save file with 121 stars with both Mario and Luigi.

Otherwise, a Galaxy Tour sounds good, one Galaxy for each of the 7 observatories.

626key

Smash Journeyman
Sakuri wouldn't descriminate bad gamers from good, he's made that clear, you should be able to unlock all the stages and fighters without needing another game

Top Bottom