• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Isaac did pretty well on most polls during the ballot.

Here are some of the ones with a high turnout:
Aggregate results from multiple polls (including SourceGaming's old poll):

Reddit megapoll

Another reddit poll

Isaac was number one in the first Source Gaming Ballot Poll too, after taking out the Veterans and Inklings (I can't remember if Ridley was on it or not, I assume they took him off because of the whole Pyrosphere thing). He even came above K. Rool (K. Rool had more votes, but Isaac's votes trended towards being more positive).

EDIT: Oh, you and I are talking about the same ballot poll. XD This is the most recent one (Isaac's still Top 15).
Anything that isn't ballot related is much less consequential tbh. Good news for Isaac. :)

Last edited:

KMDP

Smash Legend
Removing just the disconfirmed and confirmed characters from the running of this poll makes it look like this.
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Shovel Knight
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Banjo & Kazooie
  6. Rayman
  7. Rex & Pyra
  8. Shantae
  9. Decidueye
  10. Isaac
Isaac did pretty well on most polls during the ballot.

Here are some of the ones with a high turnout:
Aggregate results from multiple polls (including SourceGaming's old poll):

Reddit megapoll

Another reddit poll

Anything that isn't ballot related is much less consequential tbh. Good news for Isaac. :)
I still can't quite believe Isaac seems to be the second most supported character on this forum (not including Ridley and the Inklings, who I'm sure were higher or comparable).

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Removing just the disconfirmed and confirmed characters from the running of that poll makes it look like this.
  1. King K. Rool
  2. Shovel Knight
  3. Bandana Dee
  4. Crash Bandicoot
  5. Banjo & Kazooie
  6. Rayman
  7. Rex & Pyra
  8. Shantae
  9. Decidueye
  10. Isaac
That's interesting and all, but a 2018 poll will be much less influential than a 2015 poll.

KMDP

Smash Legend
That's interesting and all, but a 2018 poll will be much less influential than a 2015 poll.
I getcha, I'm just showing Isaac is still getting voted for (relatively) highly, even 3 years after the ballot.

isaac3000

Smash Journeyman
In game dialogue of TLA hints at other Were-Creatures (not in Garoh) and other nations on Atteka. A woman in Contigo says (paraphrasing): "All the nations of Atteka came to help build the flying ship".

If Contigo was the only city, what does she mean then? Who are these nations of Atteka?

Dark Dawn is not so random as people make it out to be, if people would take their time to read all the dialogue in game and not complain about the length of the dialogue, more fans would know what the Golden Sun lore and worldbuilding really contains...

D

Deleted member

I really should stop forgetting to post comics:

And one of each type of Djinn makes you…Captain Weyard!

That's all from Bun, join us next time for the next artist.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Seeing all these old (and new) polls having Isaac in the top 10 really make me happy knowing there are many out there who want our Golden Boy to make it in as a new fighter. I hope Sakurai sees (or has seen) it and considers him.

If I don't see Isaac using a Psynergy Hand against Master Hand, that will be such a huge missed opportunity.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
In game dialogue of TLA hints at other Were-Creatures (not in Garoh) and other nations on Atteka. A woman in Contigo says (paraphrasing): "All the nations of Atteka came to help build the flying ship".

If Contigo was the only city, what does she mean then? Who are these nations of Atteka?

Dark Dawn is not so random as people make it out to be, if people would take their time to read all the dialogue in game and not complain about the length of the dialogue, more fans would know what the Golden Sun lore and worldbuilding really contains...
hearing you all talk about the game makes me want to go back and play the game again

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Indeed. We never see every city or civilization on the continents. And that’s how I try to get past some of the oddities of Dark Dawn’s retcons. The homes of the Alchemy machines were mostly small cities and villages that would easily be missed. The ones that still stand out to me are Morgal, because it seems like it was too large of an empire to miss, and Bilibin, because moving a city was just a weird design choice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Happy 15th birthday Golden sun, here's too many great ones to come. And whatever comes from here.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Happy 15th birthday Golden sun, here's too many great ones to come. And whatever comes from here.
Wait, but today's not the day of release of any episode of the franchise and the first game was released 17 years ago...? Did I miss something? :confused:

D

Deleted member

Hmm looking back on it yeah, mistake on my part. My bad, but regardless here's to many more great years, of Golden Sun in any form to come.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
That Mario Tennis Aces/ Smash Ultimate stream people are hyping up has started.
I'm personally not expecting anything big but we could be surprised

D

Deleted member

Well I'm pretty sure there's another tournament in about a week or so...
But I'm pretty sure we won't be getting anything new then, either.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
And the tournament came and went and nothing was revealed, as expected.
Yeah, Smash reveals have only come from three places. Until Sakurai or Nintendo start to promote a low-key event, it'll stay this way:

1) E3, which has already come and passed
2) Nintendo Directs
3) Smash livestreams/presentations (Robin/Lucina, 50 Facts. Final Video)

They all have one common trait: they get heavy advertising because they want viewership to be at its highest. The only reveals that were more "hidden" were Pac-Man and Shulk, but the former was still during E3 and the latter was still during a Direct that also featured the New 3DS and Xenoblade 3D.

Yet, there were people who got their hopes up and will continue to do so for the July 22nd tournament.

D

Deleted member

I wanted to continue my playthrough of the first game for a while now but my list is just way too long. By the time I get other games with higher priority out of the way I'll have to go back to school, so I might have to wait until next summer (and I'll probably start over when that happens).
Sorry if it sounds like I'm neglecting the series, but unfortunately I don't have that much free time.

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Do it! It's never wrong to replay the games XD
it'll be hard tho because I'm getting octopath today and that's been my most hyped game since the switch was shown off that and SMT 5 but still I hope it's success shows Nintendo that yeah people still want classic jrpg's I'm not a fan of Xenoblade so I have to get my fix from Square Enix, Atlus, Sega, Namco etc one thing I find funny is that the switch has the power to bring back Nintendo's lost franchise's Golden Sun, Waveracer, F-Zero, Custom Robo, Star Fox
the list goes on all they have to do is just try it with most of them. they have nothing to lose well money but still.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All these people spreading rumors, or hopes about something this month, are going to get their hopes, up for nothing. More info will come but unless, it comes from Sakurai, or a Nintendo/Smash Direct of some kind, all just rumors. Fun to speculate but keep expectations in check, happy everyone's excited nothing, against that just have to be patent.

Octopath traveler is doing well. Glad to hear it.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
It's sad for me that I have a hard time playing Octopath. The game is great, don't get me wrong, but all it does to me is how much I would rather be playing Golden Sun right now.

I've learned in the past few years though that I'm not really an RPG gamer. Which is one of the big reasons why Golden Sun is so special to me. It's a game that still won me over despite being an RPG, and that is a feat no other game (RPG wise) has ever been able to duplicate. Octopath comes close, but there's something missing. I don't know what it is.

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
It's sad for me that I have a hard time playing Octopath. The game is great, don't get me wrong, but all it does to me is how much I would rather be playing Golden Sun right now.

I've learned in the past few years though that I'm not really an RPG gamer. Which is one of the big reasons why Golden Sun is so special to me. It's a game that still won me over despite being an RPG, and that is a feat no other game (RPG wise) has ever been able to duplicate. Octopath comes close, but there's something missing. I don't know what it is.
I feel this way too with RPGs. My preferred genres are platformers and action-adventures. I generally don't like more open-world games or exploration heavy RPGs because you have to suck me in right away to get me interested.

I can't even actually say Golden Sun and TLA are among my favorite games or even favorite RPGs (Mother 3 is impossible to top), but I enjoyed playing through them unlike most others because I admired the scenery and creative twists Psynergy and Djinn brought to otherwise standard turn-based gameplay.

I definitely want Golden Sun in Smash so the series can continue and possibly get remade in HD to be made even better, but I want it more for Isaac himself. I can't say for sure, but I think it's his design combined with how he's hardened into a serious character through experiences that changed an otherwise normal adolescent mind. Usually, I hate when protagonists established with their own identities are made silent, but for Isaac, it helped create a few headcanons that built my attachment to the character.

In any case, I really hope Octopath is to my liking when I pick it up. Everything's seemed so promising thus far.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Would anyone be interested if I were to do an Octopath Let's Play?

D

Deleted member

Go for it, I got too many walkthrough's and playthrough's too catch up the next couple of years. So I'd likely not be able too see, it but go for it have fun.

Smash Lord
Would anyone be interested if I were to do an Octopath Let's Play?
I'd love to support you watching your let's play but I wouldn't want any spoilers for when I get the game eventually. One day when I finish the game, I'll check your LP out and see what you did or if there's anything I missed that you found

D

Deleted member

A new day, a new comic, and a new artist:

Surely the Wise One could’ve just floated down and teleported the Mars Star back up? Bamfing a magical billiard ball to a different location in the same room can’t be harder than bamfing two teenage boys completely out of said room.

D

Deleted member

Really cool, looks great, and very interesting, comics are awesome.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Does anyone get the vibe that Bill Trinen saying expect news closer to December sounds kinda bad? It makes it seem like we won't get another newcomer announcement until September at the earliest.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
[Edit: By the way, we're still getting more and more new Golden Sun fanart every day with the Twitter account IsaacforSmash, and LOTS of people are saying they want Golden Sun to be on the Switch one way or another. This is very encouraging!]

I wanted to continue my playthrough of the first game for a while now but my list is just way too long. By the time I get other games with higher priority out of the way I'll have to go back to school, so I might have to wait until next summer (and I'll probably start over when that happens).
Sorry if it sounds like I'm neglecting the series, but unfortunately I don't have that much free time.
Don't worry, I think it's hard for everyone to find enough time to do all the things they want. I'm in the same situation.

Does anyone get the vibe that Bill Trinen saying expect news closer to December sounds kinda bad? It makes it seem like we won't get another newcomer announcement until September at the earliest.
I don't know, I personally wouldn't read anything into it. We might have to wait longer than we expected for fresh news, but it's still far from being a sure thing: If they were to say "Yeah you're going to have news soon", we'd get excited but it would be less of a surprise when it does come. They surely want to keep that possible hype for the moment they'll reveal new stuff, just like what happened at E3.

Last edited:

Smash Lord
I took that as Bill Trinen just saying that we will find out as we approach the release date from now to when the game comes out not necessarily closer to December

Hydewell

Smash Apprentice
Tbh, I don't think they know which newcomers will be included until october. Probably only the smash team and some productors of Nintendo Japan know it.

Last edited:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
The final roster will get leaked by some guy a month before it releases, just like the last two Smash titles.

By then Issac will probably already be announced as a fighter.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I take it as, when we're ready to say something, we will, till then be patient, and enjoy what you've seen of the game.

Hopefully Isaac is one of those announcements, heck I'd like to find out about single player modes, top. Information will come but Bill Trinen seems like he was telling us, to wait till info comes for now.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, I found this while searching through Twitter and someone (not me) was able to put together the top ten most wanted from 5 big Smash communities (or other) and if you take out the de/confirmed characters, Isaac is up in the top 5.

(Sorry if someone else already mentioned this.)

Attachments

ThoughtfulWanderer

Smash Lord
So, I found this while searching through Twitter and someone (not me) was able to put together the top ten most wanted from 5 big Smash communities (or other) and if you take out the de/confirmed characters, Isaac is up in the top 5.

(Sorry if someone else already mentioned this.)
Excluding confirmed (Ridley) and disconfirmed (Waluigi and Bomberman), the placements look like this:

Reddit = #5
4chan = #4
GameFAQs = #3
Source Gaming = #10
Smashboards = #5

This averages out to about #5 overall. If you further exclude Rex and Pyra, who obviously wouldn't be considered for the project plan since they didn't exist, Isaac improves to #9 on Source Gaming.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Well, since Isaac wasn't on the SG poll, he could be any number beneath 10th.

EDIT - Ignore me. Just checked the source, carry on :p

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Excluding confirmed (Ridley) and disconfirmed (Waluigi and Bomberman), the placements look like this:

Reddit = #5
4chan = #4
GameFAQs = #3
Source Gaming = #10
Smashboards = #5

This averages out to about #5 overall. If you further exclude Rex and Pyra, who obviously wouldn't be considered for the project plan since they didn't exist, Isaac improves to #9 on Source Gaming.
While unlikely there is a chance the designs for Rex and Pyra were in fact finished in time to be considered. I wouldn't discount them yet.

Top Bottom