• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Suburbs of Onett - Ness Social Thread

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Final vote tally: 5-3 baseball bat. Thanks for all the feedback guys.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
Getting back into the Ness training before I enter the biggest tournament I've entered (bam 7) late may. What are some specific things you guys have been working on lately? I want to be on the ball with everything at my disposal.

I'm going to attempt to make a big impact here and have a fair bit of free time to practice.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Getting back into the Ness training before I enter the biggest tournament I've entered (bam 7) late may. What are some specific things you guys have been working on lately? I want to be on the ball with everything at my disposal.

I'm going to attempt to make a big impact here and have a fair bit of free time to practice.
I'm a little out of the meta so my Ness playing skills probably aren't quite up to date as they should be, but I'll give you a fair bet that most of the people I was versing in NSW are probably still using similar characters and playstyles, so I'll give you a bit of a heads up on them, though I'm not too sure who will show up at BAM in the end. I also have minor info on some Vic players that almost certainly will be there.

If Shaya's back in Australia and at this tournament, expect Zero Suit Samus. I think he plays kiiiinda similarly to Kira but I haven't versed his ZSS in person. He'll probably pull out Marth or G&W if he's feeling confident against you though, and Marth doesn't have a very easy time against Ness this game, though dancing blade might suddenly be an issue post-patch. Take care on that one.

Kira I think is still using ZSS. When I was playing him, he was alternating between normal upB and lateral kick, but both are pretty good. Kira plays very fast, but the flaws in ZSS' neutral means... you can kinda ignore it and get in even when you think you can't. Nair is godly in that MU. Not sure if it's relevant (he may not be there, and his playstyle might have changed), but I'd look up some of his most recent games on youtube, and if you're looking for how to work against him, back in January was the last time I fought him, which is also on youtube. =)

Patv if he's there will almost certainly be using DK with Kong Cyclone, possibly storm punch but I wouldn't worry about that so much. His auto-cancels with Kong Cyclone have improved a massive amount since I've versed him, so take advantage of the move itself by catching it out before its super armour kicks in, usually with a Nair or Uair. If you get hit by the first hit of it, then you can probably try to AD before the second one but be careful because in rare situations that gets you killed in the most ludicrous ways, lel. :p DK I'm pretty sure isn't fast enough to consistently punish our spacing, so feel free to harass him as much as you like unless he's finding some really serious ways around it - stuff like spaced SH Fairs or reverse SH Bairs.

M is a serious threat with his Pally, though he'll probably pull out Mewtwo to start off his sets with. Pally gets scary as heck with lightweight + super speed, but to be honest I can't remember if BAM is even running customs so maybe that won't be an issue. If it does become one though, keep a level head about yourself when playing him. He's a terrifying opponent to face, and intimidatingly calm in person (but really cool), hahah. :D

Luke I haven't played in person, but I hear his Fox is really, really good. Big name to watch out for. IKill is in the same boat, the difference being that I've versed his DDD and I think he's switched characters every tournament since then.

In Victoria, the only real player I have stats for is V. She's by far one of Melbourne's best players, and I have insurmountable respect for her (she overcame confidence issues back in Brawl and came out swinging when smash 4 was released with her Villager). We've only been able to verse each other online since smash 4 came out (last time we played in person was BAM 6 haha :p ) and she never tried using her Ness against me in the ditto, but her Villager is everything you'd expect and more. If customs are on, expect a trip sapling + pushy lloid combo most likely, possibly extreme balloon trip (EXPLODING BALLOONS OF DEATH MORE LIKE :p ). Be very careful of her approaches, don't try to punish her falling Nair using a shield because she'll get you with jab --> Dtilt before you can do anything. Expect slingshots to make your approaching life a living hell. Finally, expect pocket (or possibly Pocket Plus) to make PKT recovery incredibly impractical and dangerous. It's not all bad though, because if you can force Villager offstage you'll be at a major advantage yourself. :grin: Customs off makes approaching that much easier (no trip sapling) and generally life is just easier but she's still a terrifyingly good opponent. I hear Little Mac is supposed to have a pretty good time with that MU (surprisingly), and yet Vic's best player Earl uses LM but is considering using a secondary against V's Villager.

And remember that she still has that pocket Ness if she feels threatened in the Villager MU, so prepare for a possible ditto match-up. Also make sure you take some time out to play with her in friendlies, she and Venks (Venks and V are great friends, he uses LM and they tend to go to events together) are like two of the nicest people ever. Give them my regards if you can!

I really hope that helps, Zedd. =D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I beat my buddy today as Ness again. I've got a replay of the match. He went as Alph, and I tend to struggle in that match up. If I can get it up, I was wondering if you guys could give me some pointers. But you guys will love the ending.

Sir_Zedd

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sir_Zedd
I'm a little out of the meta so my Ness playing skills probably aren't quite up to date as they should be, but I'll give you a fair bet that most of the people I was versing in NSW are probably still using similar characters and playstyles, so I'll give you a bit of a heads up on them, though I'm not too sure who will show up at BAM in the end. I also have minor info on some Vic players that almost certainly will be there.

If Shaya's back in Australia and at this tournament, expect Zero Suit Samus. I think he plays kiiiinda similarly to Kira but I haven't versed his ZSS in person. He'll probably pull out Marth or G&W if he's feeling confident against you though, and Marth doesn't have a very easy time against Ness this game, though dancing blade might suddenly be an issue post-patch. Take care on that one.

Kira I think is still using ZSS. When I was playing him, he was alternating between normal upB and lateral kick, but both are pretty good. Kira plays very fast, but the flaws in ZSS' neutral means... you can kinda ignore it and get in even when you think you can't. Nair is godly in that MU. Not sure if it's relevant (he may not be there, and his playstyle might have changed), but I'd look up some of his most recent games on youtube, and if you're looking for how to work against him, back in January was the last time I fought him, which is also on youtube. =)

Patv if he's there will almost certainly be using DK with Kong Cyclone, possibly storm punch but I wouldn't worry about that so much. His auto-cancels with Kong Cyclone have improved a massive amount since I've versed him, so take advantage of the move itself by catching it out before its super armour kicks in, usually with a Nair or Uair. If you get hit by the first hit of it, then you can probably try to AD before the second one but be careful because in rare situations that gets you killed in the most ludicrous ways, lel. :p DK I'm pretty sure isn't fast enough to consistently punish our spacing, so feel free to harass him as much as you like unless he's finding some really serious ways around it - stuff like spaced SH Fairs or reverse SH Bairs.

M is a serious threat with his Pally, though he'll probably pull out Mewtwo to start off his sets with. Pally gets scary as heck with lightweight + super speed, but to be honest I can't remember if BAM is even running customs so maybe that won't be an issue. If it does become one though, keep a level head about yourself when playing him. He's a terrifying opponent to face, and intimidatingly calm in person (but really cool), hahah. :D

Luke I haven't played in person, but I hear his Fox is really, really good. Big name to watch out for. IKill is in the same boat, the difference being that I've versed his DDD and I think he's switched characters every tournament since then.

In Victoria, the only real player I have stats for is V. She's by far one of Melbourne's best players, and I have insurmountable respect for her (she overcame confidence issues back in Brawl and came out swinging when smash 4 was released with her Villager). We've only been able to verse each other online since smash 4 came out (last time we played in person was BAM 6 haha :p ) and she never tried using her Ness against me in the ditto, but her Villager is everything you'd expect and more. If customs are on, expect a trip sapling + pushy lloid combo most likely, possibly extreme balloon trip (EXPLODING BALLOONS OF DEATH MORE LIKE :p ). Be very careful of her approaches, don't try to punish her falling Nair using a shield because she'll get you with jab --> Dtilt before you can do anything. Expect slingshots to make your approaching life a living hell. Finally, expect pocket (or possibly Pocket Plus) to make PKT recovery incredibly impractical and dangerous. It's not all bad though, because if you can force Villager offstage you'll be at a major advantage yourself. :grin: Customs off makes approaching that much easier (no trip sapling) and generally life is just easier but she's still a terrifyingly good opponent. I hear Little Mac is supposed to have a pretty good time with that MU (surprisingly), and yet Vic's best player Earl uses LM but is considering using a secondary against V's Villager.

And remember that she still has that pocket Ness if she feels threatened in the Villager MU, so prepare for a possible ditto match-up. Also make sure you take some time out to play with her in friendlies, she and Venks (Venks and V are great friends, he uses LM and they tend to go to events together) are like two of the nicest people ever. Give them my regards if you can!

Luco! You're a champion!

That information is insanely helpful, thankyou! I know I shouldn't ask for more info but im going to get greedy. Could you give me some tips about people without customs in the picture?

Going in blind is pretty freaky and i feel like most players interstate will atleast know how eachother play (tassie boy here)

No appearance from you at bam?

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I'm so excited guys!

I have used Ness since Melee, and he is honestly my favourite character, so the fact I managed to pre-order in early his amiibo and have it coming Friday or Saturday is just :bluejump:

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I used Ness since 64 and I couldn't get his Amiibo. ;_;
Sorry to hear that man. :(

I guess that getting amiibos must be much more challenging in the USA as it is such a huge country. Here in the UK the waves still sell out VERY fast, but GAME, our biggest game provider, do have the Dark Pit, Palutena wave etc still available to pre-order.

I ordered him a few months back and I KNOW that I'll have to be day one pre-ordering Mewtwo, ROB and Mr Game and Watch.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Luco! You're a champion!

That information is insanely helpful, thankyou! I know I shouldn't ask for more info but im going to get greedy. Could you give me some tips about people without customs in the picture?

Going in blind is pretty freaky and i feel like most players interstate will atleast know how eachother play (tassie boy here)

No appearance from you at bam?
I'm actually on a gap year program in Israel! I'll be back in November. I WAS a big threat but I'll most likely get back and fit back into the mid-level players for a while until I catch back up on the meta. :p

As for players, I'll do my best!

If Kira doesn't have access to customs he'll still be a big deal. Watch out for grabs into Uair strings, he's also used to you trying to AD through it---> Nair/Uair so don't get too used to going for one option to avoid it. If he uses upB against you, DI down and in to most likely avoid the final hit/survive for longer if it does hit you.

Patv without access to kong cyclone will be a lot less scary in the air, but you'll probably see him going for more spaced Bairs and Uairs. He mixes up his options really well on the ground, don't rely too heavily on shield or you might find it breaks on you! :p Every so often, you should be able to mixup your usual SH spaced aerials and go for a dash grab; he likely won't expect it and it's a great way to get him offstage where you can start using PKT1 to pressure him (if he uses upB, I'm pretty sure you always send PKT1 vertically down into him from above to hit him, any other way and his upB will beat out the ball).

V without customs I've already touched on, but remember Pocket is still a big deal when you're offstage. If Villager is above you diagonally then you're probably going to beat her out by using a SH / FH aerial. I can't stress just how much damage we can/need to get on Villager when she's offstage too, so keep that in mind. It's actually possible to pop both balloons by using the tail of PKT1 right above Villager, but it's very difficult.

M without customs probably won't even use Pally. If he does then it will be a very different playstyle. Still be careful of it but you'll probably have a much easier time with it. If he uses Mewtwo, I don't know what he'll do but we win the Mewtwo MU pretty well by beating him at his own grab (---> kill) game and having a reflector AND absorb, the former of which will beat Mewtwo in a fully charged shadow ball reflect game.

Don't be freaked out, there's going to be a massive number of people who are going to their first tournament or two and won't know many of the Vic players there very well, and much less any of the OoS players like you and me (this time though, just you :grin: ). Have a great time, I can't stress how much fun nationals are. I've been to BAM twice now, if it's still the same venue you're going to love it, it's this great big expansive room with a crazy amount of setups and Smash tournaments will just be in the back corner/side pretty much, and it's actually amazing. :laugh: The big names to meet would be Earl, V (and Venks), Attila (he's seriously one of the nicest guys in person, he inspired me to have confidence in myself back in the Brawl era, he's also by far one of our oldest players and a leader of the scene), Kira, Patv, M, Ikill, Nikes, Shaya, Splice, Viva and probably a few others I've never met or have improved to being one of our top players since I left. Play plenty of friendlies with everyone and make a lot of friends. BAM was one hell of an experience in my life, possibly the greatest tournament series I've ever been to. ACL comes pretty close as well, but that wasn't because of Smash as much ahah. Yeah, seriously go and have the best time of your life! =D

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13

Yoooo there are no customs at bam and I'm like 90% sure Kira is not a "he" but I haven't asked myself.

I played Luke again yesterday and I'll hopefully get to play Gords, Tom and whoever else comes down on Sunday so I'll give you some tips for them once I've played them @ Sir_Zedd Sir_Zedd (Gords and Luke are confirmed for BAM, hopefully Shaya makes it)

In regards to Luke, he plays a pretty passive game, he's an intelligent player who focuses on moving around and waiting for you to throw out a move and then punishing. It's hard to play passive against him because of lasers forcing your approach. I haven't used Ness against him but I recommend (on larger stages) starting the match with a PSI Magnet because he usually spams straight away. He doesn't typically mess up the jab lock which I believe may be stupid-good against Ness. Very (dash) grab happy, but Fox has an awful grab game so DI away for dthrow. Kills with uair, usmash, bair, so avoid low ceilings if you can. Good use of dash attack, you will struggle to land against this player between dash attack, dash grab, usmash and uair.

Waveguider will be at BAM and you will lose to him if you play him. His fundamentals are too good. If you end up playing him, some things to watch out for are capitalising on him grabbing the ledge with no invincibility and not getting baited into doing anything silly. He will charge sun salutation/deep breathing (often off stage) and if he does so I'd personally choose to see if you can catch him with a circling PKT or something as going off to challenge him will almost certainly result in him regaining stage control. If he buries you with your jab, mix up your mash timing as he will look to catch you with an usmash.

Wiiman will be at BAM, he's an alright Ness from Canberra. Nothing special, if the Tassie scene is actually decent I expect you to win. Not sure what to look out for as I don't like playing the ditto. He has a habit of covering ledge options with SH nair.

M beat me with no-customs Palutena. Learn to DI the dthrow (eat the fair, not the uair) and study the character's kit because it's very limited and if you play passively you'll probably be able to punish all the long endlag moves. Spammed auto-reticle at the start of my matches but I'm not sure if that's indicative of anything.

I haven't played Splice's Sonic but it seems pretty legit. Avoid FD and SV/Lylat if you can. I beat him at ZEAL and he's not happy about it.

I really hope I can make it down but I'm unconfirmed at the moment.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I've mained Ness since 1.5 months ago and I didn't pre-order. I hope I'm able to grab one off the shelf before everyone else...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
OH YEAH FUDGE I FORGOT ACT I'M A DERP.

Also, I suppose it isn't a big deal but I'd be surprised if Kira wasn't a guy, just certain mannerisms and such kinda make me think that but I could be wrong. Ah well. :p

So yeah Wave will be a big deal. He's another fellow I've had history with since Brawl, a great guy and we've always gone about even in our matches for years now. He was using Ganny early on so I haven't versed his WFT, but expect him to almost intrinsically know what you're wanting to do, then find guaranteed ways to punish it.

I've also just been informed that @ Pazx Pazx may end up at BAM, so expect ditto MU, plenty of PSI Magnet gimps and tense grab games from both ends. :troll:

But in all seriousness Pazx will know the scene better than me by now (no more seriousness) so if you two meet up at BAM, you should secretly team up and switch places, play each others' games and then arrange it so you're versing each other in GFs. :evil:

Last edited:

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
Amiibos would be cool if they weren't such a hassle to get ones that aren't Mario and Link. Also their in-game stuff is boring as well, just having some level 50 AI of that Amiibo. Overall I feel Amiibos would be worth simply collecting if their availabilty was better, but I'm not going to rush into a Gamestop on the dot to pre-order Ness.

I had a smasher make me a 16-bit custom made Ness a couple years ago and that's all I need

JC10101

Smash Rookie
NNID
JC10101
I don't know if this has been discovered before, but I found out if you PK fire into the ledge right after running off you auto snap onto it. Allowing for free ledge trumps.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I don't know if this has been discovered before, but I found out if you PK fire into the ledge right after running off you auto snap onto it. Allowing for free ledge trumps.
Ya, this has been found before, but I don't know if it's ever been mentioned here before.

Last edited:

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I do that accidentally all the time trying to do some retreating PKFs near the ledge but instead I just derp and fall onto the ledge.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I'll be teaming with a Villager tomorrow for doubles, anything specific to do other than PKT > Pocket > PSI Magnet of course? customs are on. Figure this team can camp pretty well behind Tree+PK Fire, too, to force people to approach which will be nice.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'll be teaming with a Villager tomorrow for doubles, anything specific to do other than PKT > Pocket > PSI Magnet of course? customs are on. Figure this team can camp pretty well behind Tree+PK Fire, too, to force people to approach which will be nice.
Ness and Villager?!?! That's an OP death team!

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
timber -> fsmash -> pocket
will kill stupid early

also occasionally, have him ride a lloid towards you, fsmash him back and watch deadly kill power barrel through opponents at 250 km/h

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
timber -> fsmash -> pocket
will kill stupid early

also occasionally, have him ride a lloid towards you, fsmash him back and watch deadly kill power barrel through opponents at 250 km/h
...ideas to practice and try out have been distributed... (insert sly smile face here).

Manbeartigerphoenix

Smash Apprentice
I did something really weird today. I was playing some friendlies with my friend's Yoshi today and I derped my recovery on the left side of the stage and ended up riding the stage downwards towards my certain doom. However, near the end of my PKT2 I was able to perform another PKT after that one as if I was doing a second wallbounced PKT2, it was really odd. I wish I saved that game but it was only my first stock and I soon forgot to save it as I habitually just mash start at the results screen.

I forgot which stage I did it on too, all I know that is it was an omega stage with an edge that goes all the way down.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I did something really weird today. I was playing some friendlies with my friend's Yoshi today and I derped my recovery on the left side of the stage and ended up riding the stage downwards towards my certain doom. However, near the end of my PKT2 I was able to perform another PKT after that one as if I was doing a second wallbounced PKT2, it was really odd. I wish I saved that game but it was only my first stock and I soon forgot to save it as I habitually just mash start at the results screen.

I forgot which stage I did it on too, all I know that is it was an omega stage with an edge that goes all the way down.
So you were able to use PK Thunder twice after bouncing off a wall?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Ah. That is weird...

Later today I'm going to GameStop for a Nintendo eShop Prepaid Card, and from there I'm going to get EarthBound on my Wii U. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out through the game. Especially with the complicated things, like how the heck to go to Moonside from Fourside (it's probably easy, but I've never gone through the game before). I'll start off with a question now: Does the game, through the characters you talk to, pretty much tell you what to do and where to go? That question's probably stupid but...

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ah. That is weird...

Later today I'm going to GameStop for a Nintendo eShop Prepaid Card, and from there I'm going to get EarthBound on my Wii U. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions, so I'd appreciate it if you guys could help me out through the game. Especially with the complicated things, like how the heck to go to Moonside from Fourside (it's probably easy, but I've never gone through the game before). I'll start off with a question now: Does the game, through the characters you talk to, pretty much tell you what to do and where to go? That question's probably stupid but...
Hmm, kinda mostly yes. I'd say for the most part the game will give you a direction of where you need to go without you needing to pay too much attention, but my advice would be to talk to everyone you meet, EB is great because it rewards you quite well for talking with NPCs, often with humour or really useful information, sometimes small items, you get the idea.

The game is slightly less linear than M3, you can find yourself getting the melodies out of order sometimes because you missed a sanctuary spot earlier on. Aside from that, yeah the characters will give you an idea of where you're wanting to go. Also, especially after about Summers, the game becomes very straightforward and it's very easy to get to places you've either missed or need to go to as part of the story. So yeah, don't worry too much about it - and if you really do get stuck then feel free to ask here. :D

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Hmm, kinda mostly yes. I'd say for the most part the game will give you a direction of where you need to go without you needing to pay too much attention, but my advice would be to talk to everyone you meet, EB is great because it rewards you quite well for talking with NPCs, often with humour or really useful information, sometimes small items, you get the idea.

The game is slightly less linear than M3, you can find yourself getting the melodies out of order sometimes because you missed a sanctuary spot earlier on. Aside from that, yeah the characters will give you an idea of where you're wanting to go. Also, especially after about Summers, the game becomes very straightforward and it's very easy to get to places you've either missed or need to go to as part of the story. So yeah, don't worry too much about it - and if you really do get stuck then feel free to ask here. :D
Good to know. Thanks Luco. I'll be getting it very soon probably, and spend most of the weekend getting as far as possible.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Achievement Unlocked: PK Start-Up. :) Off on a grand adventure to defeat Giygas. Here we go!!!

When it asks you to "please name him", will that be the player name, or the character's name? Ex: Will Ness' mom still call him Ness if I enter my name?

Nevermind, just used the default names that they're supposed to be.

Last edited:

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
Forgive my (possible) stupidity, but something I've always wanted to try in that situation is, assuming you have some time to make it work, pocketing a full charge PK Flash and then doing severe mind games/tomfoolery with it.

Of course, I don't play Villager, so it might not be pocket-able, even. IDK.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
O.O
Talking to NPCs gives so much info! Library is awesome info place!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm under the impression that Villager cannot Pocket PK Flash, BUT IT CAN BE REFLECTED BY NESS/LUCAS IF YOU TIME IT RIGHT. <3

Imagine 2 Nesses in a team who get a shield break. The first SH PK Flashes, the other stands next to the guy and charges a Fsmash, lets go to reflect the PK Flash for 2x power AND hit the guy with the charged Fsmash.

That would be a X.X moment. :3

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I'm such an EarthBound first-timer. I can only beat one or two members of "The Sharks" before needing to recover, and I don't have much money. I know you can recover at home for free, but should I worry much about my money?

ilysm

sleepy
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch I gotchu. I'll just stick stuff about the game in spoiler tags. Gotta think of the first-time players!

When I played, I didn't use my money at the Onett motel much. It was back and forth to and from home sometimes, but mostly I looked for magic butterflies and fought crows for cookies to sustain myself. Anyway, I'd say save your cash. The walk to and from home is worth the hassle. Another upside is that on the way, you'll probably run into crows and snakes that won't be any trouble and will snag you a bit of exp and cookies. The bad news is you'll need to grind a bit in order to gain ground over the Sharks beat the first boss. The good news is that this is pretty much the only point in the game you'll need to grind at all.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch I gotchu. I'll just stick stuff about the game in spoiler tags. Gotta think of the first-time players!

When I played, I didn't use my money at the Onett motel much. It was back and forth to and from home sometimes, but mostly I looked for magic butterflies and fought crows for cookies to sustain myself. Anyway, I'd say save your cash. The walk to and from home is worth the hassle. Another upside is that on the way, you'll probably run into crows and snakes that won't be any trouble and will snag you a bit of exp and cookies. The bad news is you'll need to grind a bit in order to gain ground over the Sharks beat the first boss. The good news is that this is pretty much the only point in the game you'll need to grind at all.
Thanks man. Figured I'd have to grind, and eventually got enough money for a few extra weapons. Still can't beat Frank yet, but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
It's alright, everyone can usually only take a few sharks before needing to heal when they first get up to them. :p

Frank took me a few tries on my second playthrough, so you're not doing too bad on that account either. :grin:

Last edited:

Lochy

Smash Ace
NNID
Lochinator
Hello everyone finally back after a hiatus because of school and tests and stuff. If you guys don't mind i would like to play some matches with you guys. PM me if you're interested :)
Just letting you know my Ness is sorta rusty because I've also picked up Falcon and Olimar along the way.

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
@ ROBnWatch ROBnWatch no prob! Good luck with the rest of Onett! At the risk of sounding corny, it's the start of a big adventure.
It's alright, everyone can usually only take a few sharks before needing to heal when they first get up to them. :p

Frank took me a few tries on my second playthrough, so you're not doing too bad on that account either. :grin:
Thanks. Also, once I do beat Frank, what do I do with that guy that lives at the top of the hill near Ness' house? He showed me a golden statue that he found, and I'm pretty sure those are important to the game. Should I check back with that guy once I beat Frank?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Thanks. Also, once I do beat Frank, what do I do with that guy that lives at the top of the hill near Ness' house? He showed me a golden statue that he found, and I'm pretty sure those are important to the game. Should I check back with that guy once I beat Frank?
The golden statue is more of a foreshadowing thing. Don't worry about it now, but you'll see it again... ;)

Top Bottom