• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Starmada Brigade

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Sorry to double post, but here's the lineart for the Starmada 3. I'm sure this could go on a promo poster or something when it's coloured.

What do you think? I couldn't get many good references for Wolf's exact detail, so some of it was guesswork. But I was trying to stylize the characters differently anyway.

First time drawing Falco and Wolf. Falco was easier than I thought he'd be, since I don't draw bird anthros.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Sorry to double post, but here's the lineart for the Starmada 3. I'm sure this could go on a promo poster or something when it's coloured.

What do you think? I couldn't get many good references for Wolf's exact detail, so some of it was guesswork. But I was trying to stylize the characters differently anyway.

First time drawing Falco and Wolf. Falco was easier than I thought he'd be, since I don't draw bird anthros.
Thats insane....OMG!!! *bows down to best artist ever!!!*

only thing is that fox must have really long ears...:laugh:

But the rest is insane...are you a professional artist or something???

raul

Smash Lord

**** NessBounder, that would be tight for a banner and would be great on the 1st post on the StarWolf Sqaudron's thread as fan art, with your permission of course.

Relhots

Smash Lord
**** NessBounder, that would be tight for a banner and would be great on the 1st post on the StarWolf Sqaudron's thread as fan art, with your permission of course.
Dude...i still can't get over how good it is...:laugh:

Its so good that...i can't even explain it...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
ok, those are passable. They can be made into good sigs and banners and stuff. I'm a falco main and stuff. We need a club though, and that pic I posted could be a good site banner for now, even if it's not very good

Relhots

Smash Lord
ok, those are passable. They can be made into good sigs and banners and stuff. I'm a falco main and stuff. We need a club though, and that pic I posted could be a good site banner for now, even if it's not very good
Passable??? dude... no offense but that was better than the other one...or its just my style of art...but i liked yours too...

its insane because he drew it...OMG!!!! its unbelievable...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Sure. But please wait until I've coloured it and added a background and stuff. This is just a sketch after all. XD

Thats insane....OMG!!! *bows down to best artist ever!!!*

only thing is that fox must have really long ears...:laugh:

But the rest is insane...are you a professional artist or something???

Hee hee, thank you very much.
Unfortunately, I'm not a professional artist yet, but I'd like to be an animator some day. It's just very hard to find good work where I live. I'm just waiting until I have a good portfolio before I go looking for employment, after all, I won't be able to get a job with just anthro art, since it's a fairly "niche" market these days.

I gotta finish at least one of my animations first.

Oh, and yeah, I tend to draw foxes with long ears. I forget Fox's ears aren't so big. :laugh: I'll make them a little smaller in the final version.

-Knux-

Smash Ace
VERY good drawing, Nessbounder. It's incredible. And is that Falco's ShineHack that I see?! Way to incorporate that into the drawing!

This is awesome. No doubt about it, the most viable option for a Starmada Brigade poster/symbol/banner.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Oh, and the pic that Falco&Victory posted would be better as a site banner. My pictures are more fitting for bigger promotional fliers or something.

And we can have multiple banners. Once this is finished I'll work on making one for the Fox/Falco/Wolf boards respectively.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Oh, and the pic that Falco&Victory posted would be better as a site banner. My pictures are more fitting for bigger promotional fliers or something.

And we can have multiple banners. Once this is finished I'll work on making one for the Fox/Falco/Wolf boards respectively.
yours, is so good...*speechless* I like it the way its is...cause it looks like a stamp out...may i try something with the pic?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
yours, is so good...*speechless* I like it the way its is...cause it looks like a stamp out...may i try something with the pic?
:/ I'd kind of like to colour it and touch it up a bit before we start using it in stuff.

This only took me about two hours...I can really do much better for the proper banner.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Don't be fooled, by using thick black outlines, I can mask a lot of sloppy mistakes in this picture. XD And there are a few of them that I need to fix for the final version, lol.
but the thick lines make it look alot better...

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
lol, my judging seems harsh, but I spend time around VERY amazing artists at school, and he drew those 3 pictures in a few hours. Better than I could do, but certainly not godly. Just, excellent.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
lol, my judging seems harsh, but I spend time around VERY amazing artists at school, and he drew those 3 pictures in a few hours. Better than I could do, but certainly not godly. Just, excellent.
Indeed. I still have a long way to go to "amazing" status. Especially compared to my idols.

Extvia is an incredible artist.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Well, my cousin colors, professionally

and my sister is an am at shading...

and im an am at drafting...and photoshop :)

im a really hard critic...my sis hates me for it :laugh:. i just like modern art...like it is...

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Wow, I can't believe I actually laughed at those. That was pretty funny, Smashbot.

Anyways, very nice artwork Nessbounder. I am impressed. I look forward to the final product.
I have a friend I could ask him to draw us up something as well. He has a more "mature" look to his drawings. It could be interesting to see what he comes up with.

Also, I am in agreeance with both Raul and Chaos Leader. I like the concept and idea of this "Starmada Brigade" but until some stuff is set in stone, it just doesn't look likely that'll go anywhere.

Maph

Smash Cadet
I think this is a spectacular idea. Do you think we can hope to see similar things from all the franchises?

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I think this is a spectacular idea. Do you think we can hope to see similar things from all the franchises?
That would be pretty cool. I'd end up being a double-sider for the Starmada brigade and also any Earthbound alliance that may start, since I'll be maining Lucas. XD

I feel more attached to the Wolf boards for some reason though, probably because I tried so hard to disprove him as a clone when he was first announced.

Maph

Smash Cadet
Well there were 4 characters I wanted in really badly because I've loved them all for a long time. I got two of them (which I'm maining). Ridley, and everyone's favourite Ultra Intergalactic Cybot-G, Marina Liteyears will have to wait until the next Smash.

Lucas does seem cool though. I wanted so badly to like Ness, but I just couldn't. Now I may get that chance.

Edit: The two I got were Wolf, and Dedede.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
So, Nessbounder got me wanting to learn to draw better(15 and horrible at it), and I need to because I'm going to spend the rest of my life making stuffz for gamez and I need to teach my brain that stuff.

It's hard >_>

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
XD

I can't help you there. I've been drawing since I was 6 years old and taught myself. I'm not very good at teaching other people.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Art seems like a natural talent to me. People say they teach themselves, but I think the skill has always been there. I am in no way denying that one can't teach themselves, but it just seems to one their has to be some spark of artistic ability, which I think everyone has. That doesn't necessarily only include drawing, though. You could have an artistic spark in story writing (Raul), drawing (Nessbounder), animation, computer design, or whatever.

Also, I doubt we will see something similar in another franchises. It seems to me no other franchise is nearly as closely knit as the Star Fox one. I can't imagine a Mushroom Kingdom Army. Why would mains of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser unite? Just seems silly to me, for some reason. The only way I can see a similar instance occuring else where is if this becomes big. I mean like, Starmada Brigade dominating big, in which case it will inspire others to combine forces to challenge us. Assuming this all goes through, that is.

Relhots

Smash Lord
Art seems like a natural talent to me. People say they teach themselves, but I think the skill has always been there. I am in no way denying that one can't teach themselves, but it just seems to one their has to be some spark of artistic ability, which I think everyone has. That doesn't necessarily only include drawing, though. You could have an artistic spark in story writing (Raul), drawing (Nessbounder), animation, computer design, or whatever.

Also, I doubt we will see something similar in another franchises. It seems to me no other franchise is nearly as closely knit as the Star Fox one. I can't imagine a Mushroom Kingdom Army. Why would mains of Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Bowser unite? Just seems silly to me, for some reason. The only way I can see a similar instance occuring else where is if this becomes big. I mean like, Starmada Brigade dominating big, in which case it will inspire others to combine forces to challenge us. Assuming this all goes through, that is.
The only art i have is the art of finesse, style...:laugh:

Finesse = games, bowling, ect.

Style = bowling...

i really suck at drawing...except in a CAD...like AutoCAD 2007...:)

but i agree, every one is good at something...even me :laugh:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

wow, GOOD one! i like it a lot, and believe me, i'm not saying that for compliment... i'm the kind of person who says when a fanart is simply **** XD nice wolf kneepds.. maybe he will have Falcons Knee! XD

Drack

Smash Apprentice
The only problem I can find is that wolf's kneecap armor should have one big spike on each knee.

Great artwork.

Ookami-kun

Smash Ace
Ooh nice!

Although it seems like they're shirtless and only wearing a vest, but it doesn't matter, because it adds brownie points. :3

Top Bottom