• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB4 Dream Thread

Blaziken

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4038-6625-0560
I once dreamed that the website updated with character pages for Starfy and Bandanna Dee. I got really excited for the random update, until I realized that it was a fake.

Kjellson

Smash Rookie
I once dreamed that a new trailer was shown and Robb Stark (from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones) was a newcomer at the end. I still kinda wish it was true. Spoilers from the books and show below.

Wolf head as alternate costume?

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
An in depth look at a dream I just had last night. It's a long explanation, but a short dream.
I had a dream I was playing a demo at some convention. I was playing as Zelda against Mega Man on a Pyrosphere-like stage, and Sakurai was over my shoulder trying to give me tips. He had Iwata’s voice and was saying, “Use her aerials when he gets too close. Move him towards the edge of the stage – no, stay out of the middle. Good. Now, use her Side Smash, but do not let it go until… now, right when you see that flash!” She had ice-based Smash attacks for whatever reason. After a few minutes of fighting, he took the controller and I went back in the crowd. He showcased her new Down Special, the Phantom Summon. He only showed the summoning animation for it: Zelda twirled her hands as the pieces of the Phantom appeared and started swirling into place. He said, “In Super Smash Brothers Brawl, Zelda used to have the ability to transform into a second character, Sheik. Now, we have given her the ability to create an entirely separate character to fight with her, the Phantom Knight. It got some applause, but there was no big reaction. Then he cut it off and went to a big screen, showing a new trailer.

It started up with an HD Mii Plaza being shown. Master Hand hovered towards the gate, as Sakurai’s Mii walked up to the entrance. His Mii panicked and looked around quickly, then suddenly jolted outside as Master Hand chased it. Then it did the whole, “Super Mario! Zelda! Kirby!...etc.” thing and showed gameplay like the first trailer.

Some of the scenes were a mixture of old gameplay and – for whatever reason – clips and character models ripped from other games and pasted together. It showed NSMB Mario and Luigi with RtD Kirby and DKCR Donkey Kong on Brawl Bridge of Eldin. I saw NSMB Toads using Propeller Caps on a Nutty Noon tower stage that scrolled vertically. Kirby was using Flare Beam at one point. One part had Smash Samus and DK fighting on that section of Jungle Hijinx in DKCR where the blimp came up.

When it went to the Boxing Ring segment where Villlager was revealed, Mii tripped over the rope next to Mario. “Mii arrives to battle!” appeared next to him, with everyone cheering. Then it showed some short gameplay of Mii and ended the same way as E3 did.

This next segment was the best part because LIP CONFIRMED. Just like when Mega Man was revealed, it showed the, “Challenger Approaching,” alert. Then it showed Marth, Lucas, and Ice Climbers looking up at a mountain cliff. Then it showed a silhouette of Lip.

Everyone was cheering excitedly, except one person I heard yell, “NOOOOO! WHYYYYYYYYYY!” And then she jumped down, landed on a nonspecific background and it showed her intro card, “Lip joins the party!” But then… it got disappointing. The gameplay montage was sooooooooo slow; it was a bunch of long, dragged out scenes of her walking over to someone and hitting them one at time. Then, just like Mega Man, she got combed and KO’d – by Marth, Ice Climbers, and Lucas.

Suddenly, it cut back to CG and it showed her in a spotlight, crying on the ground. She started to get mad, then I thought, “Oh boy it’s about to get serious now!” She looked up with a sparkle in her eye and stood back up. She pulled the stick out and started running towards the three. Then it cut to some extreme gameplay of her doing these crazy combos and stuff. She was speaking English; I swear Jennifer Douillard was voicing her because she sounded exactly like SA2B Amy. I think all her lines were, “No, I won’t give up!” “I have to try harder,” “You are so rude!” “Keep trying,” and, “I'm gonna win!” which both came from Pokémon Puzzle League, a reference that made me laugh out loud. I guess that one guy from before was an Ash supporter cause I heard him yell, “NO! That was supposed to be Ash!” She was knocking everyone around the stage, and nobody could touch her. And I was like, “Yeees this is amaaaazing!” And then those two balls on her head started glowing, and it went to a CG shot of her making a giant Garbage Block over her head. She threw it at the three, and they ran away from it (they were coming towards the screen since that’s where the shot was positioned) Right when the block hit, it cut to the end, like the other trailers.

Then we started clapping and cheering, until I woke up.
It was too weird. Mii was a complete clone of Villager, and Lip was just a Marth clone with a flower and didn’t have any puzzle references aside from that garbage block. And even that was just shown in the CG part and not in the actual gameplay. Also, it was doing the SAME EXACT SONG from the Mega Man trailer when it showed Lip. She even had the same death effect. Nobody questioned why; we just embraced the Mega Man cause it fits with everything I guess.

CrossoverMan

Smash Ace
OK, I have two.

I dreamt that Nintendo had, for some reason, merged with Sony and Super Smash Bros 4 was pretty much cancelled. The whole game was moved to the PS3/PS4. They instead released a sequel to PSABR, with a merged roster of SSB4 and Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale. Even the website became some kind of ****ed up merging of the Playstation All-Stars and Smash Bros websites. I go on the website again and discover that Kitana from Mortal Kombat was revealed, and that's all I really remember.

The next dream I had, while isn't directly connected to SSB4 as such, I still like to mention it. In the dream, I had got a job at Microsoft and they tasked me to make a Smash Bros clone like PSABR, but with 3D gameplay like Power Stone. I had almost completed the game, when Edward Khil AKA The Trolololol guy becomes the chief director and started including loads and loads of bizarre third party characters, like Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother, Kevin Butler from the PS3 adverts, Q-Bert, and of course Mario. I protested, but I was eventually fired. I ended up playing the game Khil had made, and found that the game was actually pretty good, even though he had changed it into a complete Smash Bros clone.

D

Deleted member

I had a dream where it was E3 and a newcomer was getting announced.
I saw the back of a red, hooded jacket. That only meant one thing... Shulk is getting confirmed! I thought to myself, "Oh my god! Please tell me that this is happening! PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS IS HAPPENING!"
"Shulk ____!"
I just remember seeing Shulk... I didn't look at the rest of the phrase.
I don't remember seeing much of the trailer. I looked down a lot for some reason...
I then rushed onto the SSB4 website and found that they named Shulk, "Matthew." I assumed they did that for western audiences? When I tried to update my signature... I couldn't! Oddly, I realized that I must have been in a dream and I was utterly disappointed when I realized that.
What a let down...

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
I once dreamed that a new trailer was shown and Robb Stark (from A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones) was a newcomer at the end. I still kinda wish it was true. Spoilers from the books and show below.

Wolf head as alternate costume?
I dreamt that Jon Snow and Ned Stark were characters...

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
I once started thinking about what if a Wii U was a playable character, it was weird it shot discs out of its mouth and smacked you with game cases

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I had a dream once where Seedot from Pokemon was playable.
Don't know why, but I did.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Moon Monkey said:
I had a dream that I won a tournament to be 1 out of 5 people in the world (on some Willy Wonka type $h!t :rotfl:) to fly out to Japan and see SSB4 in it's early stages and recommend 1 character. But in order to recommend a character you would have to beat Sakurai in a 1v1 match with items. I was Yoshi and he picked Metaknight, and I was about to win when an exploding container appeared in front of me and ignited killing me. I then woke up... I to this day am trying to dream a sequel and have my rematch.
Looks like my dream is becoming reality:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I had a dream that the one guy from the old Nick show who says "Smashing!" got confirmed as a character, complete with CGI trailer. And something about him "appealing to the west."

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
You know you are waaay too fixated on these games when you dream about them...

Cough.

Having said that, I have two.

I had one where Nintendo had worked out a deal with Sega (I don't understand why it was Sega having the rights in my dream) and it was a trailer for Banjo and Kazooie being announced being playable along with Sonic. The trailer was weird because Eggman has evidently kidnapped them but they escaped. And Banjo and Kazooie were redesigned in my dream; they had big heads, but not like in Nuts and Bolts. They looked like chibi versions of themselves. But like you'd expect, they ha all their moves from Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie.

I also had one where Dixie was announced in a tag team with Kiddy, but they could throw each other around and piggy back ride on one another. They seemed pretty unique actually.

Alas, 'twas only a dream.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I was invited to be a beta tester for the Wii U version by getting the disc for it in a magazine in a waiting room. I put the disc in a DVD player, and I was playing as Villager on a sidescroller version of Town & City. But Villager lived on top of a giant misile, which hopped around for him as he stood on top of it. He used his Down Smash as the misile went forward. The end.

GreenPhysco

Smash Cadet
I had a dream I was playing Melee as Luigi and suddenly Luigi turns around to me and sucks me into the screen, Luigi gives me a dirty look and uppercuts me off the map.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last night I had a Smash dream.

So I guess it was E3, and it was a Monday.
I missed the broadcast though for some reason. :p
The next day when I came into school, one of the girls in my class (who I barely speak to and isn't a gamer) told me that all the newcomers were confirmed, there was a total of 35 characters, and Bandana Dee was a newcomer.
Everything after this in the dream was kinda blurry.
I remember I did some research into what was announced, and here is what I vaguely remember:

- All Brawl vets return (except Squirtle and Ivysaur)
- Palutena
- Bandana Dee
(At this point he roster does equal 45, but my dreams are a bit weird when it comes to numbers. They usually don't match up with what is actually going on in it dream itself.)
- Possibly Pac-Man, but I'm not sure in what form (Classic or modern)
- Possibly Sceptile, but he was maybe put in over Mewtwo, which made me angry.
- No Ridley or K. Rool (huge disappointment for me)
- Possibly Ghirahim

Surprisingly, the general fanbase wasn't angered by this roster.
In fact, everyone seemed to like it.

Also, when I got home and went on the internet in my dream, @Chandelure was sh*tting bricks over Bandana Dee.
Chandelure, I have dreams about you.....

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
Not my first Smash Dream, but the first I fully remember.

You see, where I live we have a LAN Party celebrated anually, and it's pretty great, it's also celebrated with an Anime-con of shorts.

In my dream, they brought the Best Buy demo to the con, and somehow a friend-of-a-friend managed to grab one of the discs, and me and a friend were playing it for the WiiU, it was pretty great. We were going to return it, but I stopped him and told him "Let's make these challenges!" (there were, in the Stage Selection, two kind-of achievements-challenges, consisting in "do this thing a certain amount of times"). We played a bit more and did them, and after finishing a round, I saw Mewtwo in the character selection screen and it was great.
After that, we returned it, and somehow had already the 3DS Smash with some friends, and played it a lot.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I dreamed that I got a copy of the 3DS version on launch and found a way to stream my top 3DS screen on my TV.

I unlocked the whole roster. While it wasn't that much bigger than brawl, possibly smaller, I was happy nonetheless.

I played some pick-up matches wit random people over wifi and it was sooooo smooth. It kind of clicked how awesome that can be. Whenever I want, I can pick up my 3DS and play with some random person in smash.

Made my hyped because in many ways, I know the dream will actually come true.

JBRPG

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a couple of nights ago I dreamt that Bayonetta was revealed to be playable for some reason.

I have no idea why, but yeah. Also a couple of months ago, I dreamt Sukapon was revealed as well. He had a redesign an everything! A shame Sakurai said to never expect him to be playable ever :s

Oh yeah.... I can relate to the Byonetta dream, but except I managed to control the dream and put in announcer segment "ONLY IN SUPER SMASH BROS 5!". That bayonetta newcomer dream started after looking up angel monsters in the Bayonetta Wiki. When I had a dream involving a trailer featuring kid icarus characters Palutena and Pit. When Palutena answered the door, she though the angel monsters were new recruits. However, they rammed through and attempted to take her. She attempted to flee, not knowing that not all angelic beings act good, only to discover Pit being tied up. She rescued him quickly and both attempted to take down the angel monsters. When both veterans thought they are though from the angel monsters' huge numbers, a black monsterous form suddenly engulfed the monsters, which Bayonetta was then revealed. Gameplay clips of Bayonetta in action follows. When the scene was nearly finished, Pit stood on top of a dead angel monster but filled with more excitement and claimed "I'm ready to pummel down more angels!". Bayonetta whacked Pit's on his head with her fist, with halo popping up and bouquet of flowers held by his hands labeling "I'm finished!" after falling into the ground. Bayonetta explained to him "You should know better that not all angels act evil." Paulutena then blushed with laughter and took a flower from the bouquet. Dream scene about palutena ended.

KirbySS44

Smash Cadet
I had a dream that a Paper Mario Sticker star stage was in Super Smash bros 3ds, than the next morning that Paper Mario stage Pic of the Day happened. Needless to say I was very happy.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
One time, I dreamed that Waluigi is playable along side Wario in the next WarioLand game and Captain Syrup returns as the main villain again (finally). And in Smash 5 they are both playable

Another time Patrick Star was playable and his final smash was Patrick-man. It was exactly like Wario-man but with more Patrick.

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I had a dream that I was flying on Articuno's back over a Giant monopoly board, and the pieces were Smash characters. But for some reason, the people playing with me didn't know how to play Monopoly, so I started to explain it, then I woke up.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I sometimes dream of Smash 4 getting a melee engine.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I dreamed that the ganondorf amiibo came with Hyrule Warriors alt costumes.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I once had a nightmare that Smash 4 took out all of my mains... Which thank odin isn't the case because Olimar is confirmed. But still. I fear for Lucas, Ivysaur and ROB. May they not go the way of my Melee main. (Melain? Meleen? Depends how you say "Melee" I guess)
Sigh from a year ago

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I had a dream that in an option of Multi-man Mode (where everyone became metal), there was a slight glitch where for a brief moment everyone would become a different model, one of said models being Snake.

So I would try desperately to snap a picture of it. However, I don't remember if I ever did.

Last edited:

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I've dreamed about K. Rool being in smash. He was a clone of d3 and used his blunderbuss as a hammer. I wasn't even mad until I woke up

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I dreamed last night that Mewtwo's trailer included the unexpected reveal of Rundas as DLC.

I was sad when I got up.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I once had a dream that
Fiora, in her Mechon form, was announced as a DLC character. This was shortly after the Mewtwo DLC announcement.

And here's another dream I had of a "what-if" scenario with a trailer
So it was basically a what-if of Robin's trailer, and it was maybe a bit inspired by a trailer of that time-traveling paradox movie by Michael Bay I saw when watching Mockingjay Part 1 last Sunday. Project Almanac, I think it was?

So yeah, it's just like the Robin trailer at first. Surprise Lucina reveal, the Captain returns, except when Robin descends from above, after he says to Lucina, "It's going to be all right," there was a faint, echoing disembodied voice saying, "No, it won't...." And as Robin was about to say, "Time to tip the scales!" he got interrupted by...wait for it...

Validar!

Grabbing Robin from behind, Validar said to him, "'Time to tip the scales', you say?" Then, remember how at the prologue of FE:A how Robin wounded Chrom with the lightning knife thing? Validar does just that to Robin and Robin falls as Validar says, "That won't be happening today!". Lucina screams, "Robin!!"

So in this dream, apparently Captain Falcon came to that time from the future in case an anomaly like that happened, which it did. He runs over to Lucina, grabs her hand and says "We need to get out of here now!" As they run, Lucina looks back briefly at the fallen Robin and Chrom, with a sad look on her face.

The other two hide and the Cap explains about how Lucina's time travel and the actions she took caused a ripple effect that led Validar to show up and do what he did to Robin, although it is unknown why Validar decided to do that as Robin was his child and Grima's vessel. Lucina then laments that even though she wanted to simply save her father and her future, she ended up making it worse and she lost not one, but two people she cared about in the process. The Cap hugs her as she weeps, saying, "I understand that feeling all too well...of losing someone important to you."

Validar finds them, and the two run again, up a spiraling staircase. Eventually the two stop to catch their breath and the Cap tells Lucina to run on ahead and that he will fend Validar off. Lucina hesitates for a moment, but the Cap gives her a reassuring look, and she runs on ahead. There's a scene then where Falcon and Validar face off and Falcon is wounded as Validar then chases after Lucina. I woke up then; I didn't get to see what happened after, as much as I would have liked to.

tl;dr In my dream Validar was the 2nd FE:A newcomer instead of Robin and all hell broke loose.

Last edited:
Top Bottom