• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SSB4 Dream Thread

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Last night I had a dream that Nintendo released a smash demo for Wii U and 3DS.

and the character select looked pretty much like this:

Only it had fewer characters Mario, Pikachu, Samus, Link, Kirby, DK and 2 other characters, my memory is a bit fuzzy for those 2 characters.

Anyway i remember the game had 3o tries and I wasted most of my Wii U tries and I opted to never turn off my Wii U.
I just remember my parents being angry about me not going to dinner and deciding to play the game. Not sure why though, they never cared before if I ate dinner for the day or not.

Last edited:

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I've had two dreams about smash. The first dream had a trailer. Shy Guy, Kalimba, and James Bond (I had just watched the Smash Bros DYKG before going to bed) were newcomers. The Wii Remote was not usable and you had to use a weird controller that looked like a bigger version of the Wii U Gamepad, except it had 3 joysticks that you somehow had to control at the same time. It was just plain strange.

The second dream was very brief. I was looking at a list of all the characters. My eye stopped at a character. I don't remember what it was. I looked at it for a second, before realizing that King K Rool was on the list. I felt happy. Then I woke up.

Last edited:

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Last Sunday night I had a Smash Dream.
The game apparently came out that day. In the dream I new the game came out around that time, but I didn't know it came on that day, but I just picked it up anyway.

The only stage I can point out is a Final Destination-like stage, it looked exactly like FD in Brawl, except it was all the way on the bottom of the screen so it was like a floor instead of an arial platform, and it extended all te way from left to right.

As for the roster, I remember knowing the concept that it has all Brawl veterans, but it somehow only had 20 characters. I guess this is one of this dreams where something just isn't logical but you don't notice it because it is a dream.
Out of all the Brawl veterans, Wolf stuck out for some reason, and he looked more like his StarFox 64 design, with the normal eye patch instead of an electronic one.

As for the newcomers, the only ones are can remember are Mewtwo returning and he had Mega Y implemented someway, but I forgot how. The Ryhtym Wrestler was a newcomer, and on top of Mega Man were TWO other new third party characters! Pac-Man using his Ghostly Adventures/Modern design, ad surprisingly BLINKY, using his more classic Pac-Man World design!

I don't know if this means anything, but I have a really good feeling about Rythym Wrestler!

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Last Sunday night I had a Smash Dream.
The game apparently came out that day. In the dream I new the game came out around that time, but I didn't know it came on that day, but I just picked it up anyway.

The only stage I can point out is a Final Destination-like stage, it looked exactly like FD in Brawl, except it was all the way on the bottom of the screen so it was like a floor instead of an arial platform, and it extended all te way from left to right.

As for the roster, I remember knowing the concept that it has all Brawl veterans, but it somehow only had 20 characters. I guess this is one of this dreams where something just isn't logical but you don't notice it because it is a dream.
Out of all the Brawl veterans, Wolf stuck out for some reason, and he looked more like his StarFox 64 design, with the normal eye patch instead of an electronic one.

As for the newcomers, the only ones are can remember are Mewtwo returning and he had Mega Y implemented someway, but I forgot how. The Ryhtym Wrestler was a newcomer, and on top of Mega Man were TWO other new third party characters! Pac-Man using his Ghostly Adventures/Modern design, ad surprisingly BLINKY, using his more classic Pac-Man World design!

I don't know if this means anything, but I have a really good feeling about Rythym Wrestler!
Go Blinky! :awesome:

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I had a dream turned nightmare, specifically about the 3ds version. The game had been released, and i bought it midnight. When i turned the game on, the CSP seemed to be in a 4X4 sticker type setup, with some characters being bigger and a few pages you could turn. There seemed to be a lot of character unlocked from the start, but i don't remember most of them. For some reason i saw marx and galacta knight from the Kirby franchise, two reps which i thought would never really have a chance. (this is where it goes nightmare) I select Galacta, and when i go to the stage select screen, there's only a few stages. I decide to choose final destination, and a horrible sight befell my eyes.

Final destination was comprised of falling platforms! There seemed to be 10-12 platforms, with one a bit to the left being the only one that didn't fall. I was hotfooting it around when the AI (Fox) threw a capsule that contained the entire dragoon. He OHKO'd me. The rest of my nightmare comprised of me trying to go to different stages and "falling" destination being the only map loading. I ended up getting spiked with a thrown capsule and i woke up in a cold sweat.

Never again

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I had a dream that Captain Falcon was revealed like 3 nights ago. He was Falcon Punching someone.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I had a dream a while ago that a Palutena and Viridi team character was revealed. man that would've been so hype.

Morbi

Scavenger
I had a dream that this guy was playable, in his reveal trailer this song played as he threw Captain Falcon around like an abused child. Just kidding.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Hmm, I have some Smash 4 related dreams I wrote in a journal, and some took place years before Smash 4 was even announced!

Anyway, I did have a Smash 4 dream last night:

I checked Miiverse for the daily pic and it was 3 newcomers on some sort of platform. The newcomers were: Isaac, Roy, and Waluigi. Suddenly, I was playing Smash 4. I picked Peach and chose a new stage, which was sorta like 75m, though it was even larger (however it had no hazards) and filled with millions of small platforms (ok, maybe not millions, but there was a lot more).

Then, I saw this random gameplay vid of the male protagonist from Rune Factory 4, who was another newcomer. Some of his moves consists of attacking opponents with farm tools.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
I had a dream a while back that I somehow hacked into the SSB4 site and found character artwork for various characters. The ones I remember the most clearly were Ridley and Mona. It's weird because I don't even care for Mona at all.

In my most recent dream, I got the game and most of the characters were just random ass non-existent characters (which, I oddly didn't find strange), and I remember Donbe and Hikari were a playable duo like Ice Climbers, except with new models that make them look like real people (like Zelda height).

The weird thing is I don't know who they are. I just remember them from being a trophy in Melee. I didn't even know their names. I had to search through the trophy list for Melee to find them and their names for this post. Hahaha. Funny how the brain works.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dreamed Ridley's model was shown.

But his role wasn't.

Chaos ensued...

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I had a dream of looking at my phone in my bed and banjo kazooie was confirmed. So shocked I woke up. Then I checked and was very disappointed.

More recently I drempt many newcomers being announced. But the only one I remember was sakuri goroh.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So tonight I dreamt some pretty obscure stuff. I dreamt that Diddy Kong was revealed a little before TF's JP release, and I saw that people complained that he looked like a Brawl carbon copy, which was as expected.

I naturally went to the Smash website to see pictures of Diddy, but instead I was met with the absurd sight of Dry Bowser carrying Ashley in a wagon. When I clicked in on the page, I was suddenly on a character page for Geno. Turns out Sakurai had made some bull**** character where he wanted to use every otherwise non-playable Mario and Mario spin-off series characters in the moveset somehow. Furthermore, the character was only in the conceptual phase still, no real work had been done on it according to a disclaimer, even if there were images of 3D models clear as the sky.

Also now found on the website in a side menu was Sakurai's info on who were the 10 most wanted characters for the game. The only names I recognized was Villager and Ridley, being #1 and #7 respectively. According to people here at Smashboards the rest of the list was full of random monsters from Monster Hunter. I don't remember anything beyond this, and I'm kind of happy that I don't, it's probably the most whacko Smash dream I've had.

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Oh gosh, I've had so many. The most recent dream I had revealed the game to be Smash Bros. x Mario Kart and Diddy Kong's mother, father, aunt, and uncle (not DK) were playable. Due to their inclusion, there was not room for Captain Falcon and he was thus cut. I've posted Smash Bros. dreams here and there around the forum. No telling where they are!

JediLink

Smash Ace
I actually had a dream of sorts about Smash...

It was a cinematic trailer with Snake and Otacon talking about how Snake couldn't be in Smash 4 because Sakurai wanted him voiced by David Hayter and Kojima didn't. (For some reason, it seems normal for them to be breaking the fourth wall like this.) Otacon says that the fans will be disappointed as his unique moveset would not be featured. Then Snake replies that he's sure that Nintendo will find someone else to continue the legacy.

It then cuts to a scene on Battlefield with Mario and Link fighting. They both get gridlocked and suddenly, they (and we) notice a cardboard box in the background. Obviously remembering the Brawl trailer, Mario and Link break off and turn toward, putting their hands in a "ta-da" kind of stance. Then the box pops up and out comes... Groose dressed in a sneaking suit.

(Cue this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84 )

The camera zooms in on him and underneath him the following words appear.

Newcomer: Soldier Groose

He flexes for the camera as he shouts, "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!" We then cut to Mario and Link with shocked expressions before Link screams and runs away, leaving Mario perplexed. Then it cuts to thirty or so seconds of gameplay footage where we see that he plays exactly like Snake did in Brawl, with a few enhancements. There is no explanation as to why Groose is wearing a sneaking suit or has all of Snake's moves or anything. Then, the footage fades and the logo for Super Smash Bros. comes up with the Coming 2014.

Yes, it was all kinds of messed up.
My life is now worse from realizing that this will never happen.

Last edited:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I actually had a dream of sorts about Smash...

It was a cinematic trailer with Snake and Otacon talking about how Snake couldn't be in Smash 4 because Sakurai wanted him voiced by David Hayter and Kojima didn't. (For some reason, it seems normal for them to be breaking the fourth wall like this.) Otacon says that the fans will be disappointed as his unique moveset would not be featured. Then Snake replies that he's sure that Nintendo will find someone else to continue the legacy.

It then cuts to a scene on Battlefield with Mario and Link fighting. They both get gridlocked and suddenly, they (and we) notice a cardboard box in the background. Obviously remembering the Brawl trailer, Mario and Link break off and turn toward, putting their hands in a "ta-da" kind of stance. Then the box pops up and out comes... Groose dressed in a sneaking suit.

(Cue this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xD1FAOJI84 )

The camera zooms in on him and underneath him the following words appear.

Newcomer: Soldier Groose

He flexes for the camera as he shouts, "THE GROOSE IS LOOSE!" We then cut to Mario and Link with shocked expressions before Link screams and runs away, leaving Mario perplexed. Then it cuts to thirty or so seconds of gameplay footage where we see that he plays exactly like Snake did in Brawl, with a few enhancements. There is no explanation as to why Groose is wearing a sneaking suit or has all of Snake's moves or anything. Then, the footage fades and the logo for Super Smash Bros. comes up with the Coming 2014.

Yes, it was all kinds of messed up.
You know, I hadn't considered this until now—but if Snake doesn't return, they may lend his moveset to an applicable Nintendo character, with some modifications of course. To Snake fans, it would be disappointing that the Snake identity is absent, but the Snake presence is still at hand!

T

Trick or Treat

I had a dream about Peach being revealed a week before she was actually revealed. The same exact thing happened with Toon Link.

Nothing since then, though.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I had a dream where I was playing SSB4 for the first time. I chose Pit and my bro chose Marth.
I was getting excited as the stage loaded, then to my dismay, it was Melee Brinstar. :confused:
So the first thing I do is sB. It's angel ring. :c I was Brawl Pit.
So then I look at Marth. It's Melee Marth. I literally facepalmed at that point. ''This dream sucks.''
And then I woke up with my hand on my forehead.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
THEM'S FIGHTING WORDS SON
I was talking about how lazily my dream was put together...
Seriously, they should fire whoever makes my dreams. People talk and no sound comes out, anything more then five feet away is flat, and they're always about boring things like driving a car or taking a shower. The SSB dream was probably the best one in years IMO.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I had a dream last night where, out of the blue, in some secret direct or whatever, Sakurai announced four new characters
Takamaru, Skyward Sword Link, Ghirahim, and, get this; Beautiful Twilight Link. As in Twilight Princess Link just with this embarrassed look on his face. I wasn't conscious enough to spot any more differences. Of course this was one of those dreams that happened when I was kinda waking up so I pretty much believed it until I mentally woke up and thought about how dumb I was.
I don't even really want any of those characters.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I remember having a dream a while after the Pic of the Day showing Dedede vs. Mega Man on the Nintendogs stage. It was the normal website, except Nintendog was a newcomer. The Pic of the Day was an extreme close-up on Nintendog, only to realize NINTENDOG HAD THE ABILITIES OF RIDLEY AND TOOK UP THE MAJORITY OF THE STAGE.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Straight from my dream journal. My dreams are often surreal, but I cut out some anecdotes and parts that were personal or irrelevant.

January 3rd, 2014, Dream #5:

It’s my birthday. I have a lot of new friends and some noteworthy ones such as Connor and my brother, Jared. My birthday happens to fall on the release date of Super Smash bros. for Wii U/3DS. Everyone crowds to my basement to take turns at the Wii U version of the game. I, Jared, Connor, and some other friend go first. We browse the item select menu, showing some familiar items from previous games and such as a Great Fox gun that works similar to the Steel Diver called the Corneria. There were excessive variations of some familiar items such as the Hammer, Defensive Hammer, Steel Hammer, etc. Another screen allows you to select PokéBall and Assist Trophy summons. We get to the match where I select Marth. The stage we play on is a strange cruise stage over some familiar, fictionalized area of Boston over a platform similar to the Pilotwings biplane, only with a futuristic finish. Marth’s New counter attack made him lunge his Falchion forward while the enemy was knocked off their feet in a surprisingly gory effect that briefly left their feet separate from their body. This caused me to proclaim it and demonstrate it to Connor in surprise. Some of the other characters came to me as surprising such as Waluigi, Beck from Mighty No. 9, and even some unrecognizable cartoon characters. This makes a topic of conversation for Jared and I as we take a stroll through Houghton’s Pond later. Jared recalls one of the names I can’t believe Sakurai would add them, not realizing how familiar he is with recent Western cartoons. Contemplating this fact leaves a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Later on, my mother and grandma talked me out from the party to go shopping at the mall for gifts with my birthday money. As I put my shoes on, my foot recedes the laps and I tear through them. This reminds me that I have to get a new pair of sneakers and Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. On our way, I move through that familiar section of Boston from this Wii U Smash, proclaiming that this was the are put in the game.

January 5th, 2014, Dream #7:

This seems to take place in what is presumably a Japanese city. Sakurai had made some ambiguous announcement about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS where Jay Z was confirmed to be the announcer. Initially, I was angry that they could have chose some rapper to announce the games. But I had to spare him depending on what his style would bring to a Smash game. This probably means that I'd get used to the game no matter what he brings, how repulsive it may be.

January 6th, 2014, Dream #8:

It’s the period of time where Super Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS is released, Any part of the game that has content removed from Brawl is replaced with a pitch black void. This time, we know all the information and modes in the game. The entire Adventure Mode campaign is known, which has a story with similar levels to the Melee game while there is more narrative emphasis and something to do with portals. Rosalina plays a big role in the story. She finds herself being chased by some stalker being like shadowy figure with Yellow Devil’s structure. The final boss of the game involved beating into submission a black dragon that supposively appeared in the Fire Emblem Tellius games and taking out the true form of this creature through a rail shooter segment involving going through as much portals before time runs out. After the game is beat, techno music starts playing as I mysteriously find myself in a pitch black room with faint green strobe lights partially revealing the structure of the room I am now physically in. I turn on my phone to have some sort of local light. After navigating myself up with the confusion of the lights, I dizzily walk into a Finnish basement where all people from Smashboards are having an end of game party. One of which I presumably know from a tourney who introduced me to some of the others. I join them in delight.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I dreamed about a Chrom reveal once, I think that's it, I'm a pretty lame dreamer.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I had this dream a while ago, but I forgot about it until a few minutes ago.

Pokemon Trainer was revealed on the official website, but he had Blastoise, Venusaur, and Charizard, which is actually something I want in SSB4.
For some reason, I knew that one of the pictures would show a Mega Charizard, and I hoped it wasn't Mega Charizard X.
I scrolled down, and it was Mega Charizard X.
Then I woke up.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One dream I had was the characters from Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL were all also playable in Smash (without cutting any Smash characters).

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
Since this thread got bumped recently, I suppose I could contribute.

I had a Smash 4-related dream several months ago. I can't remember 90% of it, but I was essentially dreaming up an epic E3 2014 trailer with many newcomer reveals. Basically, the trailer was showing intros and gameplay footage of every as-of-then-unrevealed newcomer in the game, sort of like the original Melee announcement trailer. One of the few things I can remember from this dream trailer, however, was that Daisy was revealed with a fun and unique moveset. Note that I've never wanted Daisy to be playable in Smash, and I don't even particularly like the character. And before anyone asks, yes, she was in her sports outfit. She had a rushdown sort of playstyle. Very quick, with powerful melee attacks, mostly kicks. She also had crystals in her moveset, and could use a soccer ball if I recall correctly, so I guess the character was basically "Strikers Daisy". I also believe I remember Dixie Kong showing up, but I can't remember if K. Rool did. I think Dixie was mostly a clone, if I recall correctly.

The only other newcomer reveal I remember was Master Hand, another character that I've never really supported. Much to my surprise, he actually looked exceptionally fun to play, having been scaled down significantly, but still being an overall large character. He ran by crawling atop his fingers and had a variety of slaps and whatnot for his moves. As I was dreaming from a third-person perspective, I had a conscious somewhere along the lines of an observer watching this trailer, and I remember that seeing Master Hand's bit made me perturbed, but after seeing his moveset, I immediately grew to like the idea. When I woke up, the Master Hand bit is what really stuck with me, and I can still play a snip of that part in my dream in my head.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dreamed that a Ridley picture was shown.

Thought it wasn't stated what he was.

We went insane.

And Sakurai somehow made a Ridley.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
A couple of dumb short ones where I was playing the final version of the game - all I really remember is that Lip was a playable character in all of them - and one where I was driving somewhere where there'd be a demo version of the game playable. Suffice to say, I woke up before I got there.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Something about four Pits on a weird stage that was like a 7/11, it was a walk-off and the building was in the middle with the gas station out front. Since the camera was at an angle you could jump out to it.

I was testing Pit's moves (Like it was my first time playing, yaknow?) and his aerial ^B was just a boring angled flight, like in the trailer, and his < B was the Uperdash, and it was fast and hit hard.
How hard? OHKOed another Pit.

I was so shocked I woke up.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I dreamt last night that Palutena was confirmed in a direct I hadn't even heard about.

Don't remember much except her face plastered over the smash Bros website.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Actually, a couple of nights ago I dreamt that Bayonetta was revealed to be playable for some reason.

I have no idea why, but yeah. Also a couple of months ago, I dreamt Sukapon was revealed as well. He had a redesign an everything! A shame Sakurai said to never expect him to be playable ever :s

D

Deleted member

I had a dream last night where Meta Knight was confirmed and Sakurai had a caption saying, "Next month, I have a big surprise for you guys."
Then I thought that he confirmed Meta Knight to later confirm Bandana Dee.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
I had a dream, the Issac thread knows about this, I just saw a newcomer banner for Issac.

I've also had SSB4 nightmares.

One of my SSB4 nightmares was some random Pic of the Day, my dream had actually created some sort of emulation of a PotD. It's usually pretty useless.

These things cause me to wake up at 3:30 AM to check the PotD.

I HAD ANOTHER SSB4 DREAM!
Okay so I was at one of my classmates parties for something, when I asked her she pointed out and ,we were on top of a mountain, & I saw a huge pathway that ran through the forest. Then, over to my left I saw a ride where you could strap yourself and ride around on the ceiling. I only did it for 2 seconds, and got off.

Okay, here's the SSB4 part. I walk out and beside the house there was a small beach. So, I walk around & I saw two things things: an IRL Mario Kart booster, like small ramp one and a weird rainbow portal so I walk over and go in.

All of a sudden, I'm in a gold giant house. My family seemed to have moved here. But, of course, I only interested in one thing, THE SSB4 STARTING ROSTER! So, I run over the house, so I call my mom & ask for my friend to come over. So, instead of me playing it. I EJECT THE DISC OUT OF THE WII U! *Don't remember anything past here, but I do remember what the disc looked like, it's pretty bland.* Then a white light comes and I'm back on the beach. Then I woke up.

There was also a character, a solid metallic gray blob that can copy character's attacks & it used Mario's Down Throw on Mario.

Last edited:

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
About a week ago I had a dream that I was the first in a crowd at Gamestop to get the game. I rushed home and started playing, and it was the best thing ever. I was styling like crazy with Captain Falcon in classic mode, and I remember I said to myself, "I REALLY hope this isn't a dream!".

And then I woke up.

I was so mad.

Last edited:

JediLink

Smash Ace
This isn't necessarily related to Sm4sh but last night I had a dream that my aunt was married to Mango. I don't even know.

Top Bottom