• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Lower Norfair

RetroMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
retrog97
Finally, Ridley gets his time to shine.

So, who'd win in a fight? Pre-patch Ridley Kong, Brawl Meta Ridley, Melee Ridley or N64 Ridleychu?

Morbi

Scavenger
Finally, Ridley gets his time to shine.

So, who'd win in a fight? Pre-patch Ridley Kong, Brawl Meta Ridley, Melee Ridley or N64 Ridleychu?
Melee Ridley, shine was broken in Melee. It was designed to reflect projectiles and yet, everyone uses it for that the least. Now, do not get me wrong, Brawl Meta Ridley IS the most powerful. But that is only relative to the rest of Super Smash Ridley's Brawl cast. If he stepped up to Melee Ridley, he would get rolled and smoked, my doggy.

Zeox

Smash Champion
Question, Wii games work in the wii u, right?
I'm thinking in buying the metroid prime trilogy that was released for wii and play it in my wii u.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I'm thinking in buying the metroid prime trilogy that was released for wii and play it in my wii u.
Yes, you just gotta go into Wii Mode and play it from there. You can also buy the Prime Trilogy on the Wii U E-Shop I'm pretty sure.

D

Deleted member

I've been planning to get the Prime Trilogy on the Eshop for a while but I don't have a nunchuck nor enough motivation to dust off a dead console.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
You could, but from what I hear physical copies of the Trilogy cost an arm and a leg. You should probably just get the eShop version.

IronTed

Smash Ace
The Trilogy on Wii U is also cheaper than the MSRP for the physical copy. I should know, several years ago I scoured my local game stores until I found a used copy of the trilogy, I thought I got a great deal, as it was slightly below MSRP.

Then a few days later the Trilogy was released for the Eshop, and was discounted to $9.99. I was very angry about it.

Last edited:

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
It would be nice if Nintendo released Metroid Prime Trilogy HD Remaster for the Nintendo Switch. It would keep fans occupied until Metroid Prime 4 is released (which will likely be mid to late 2019 at earliest). They might add more details to the game. Speaking of which, I remember seeing a video which did a boundary break, and they showed a close up of Meta Ridley on the Frigate Orpheon (from the opening part of Metroid Prime). From the looks of it, Retro Studios added detail to Meta Ridley's chest (his weak point), which has an exposed heart.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
It would be nice if Nintendo released Metroid Prime Trilogy HD Remaster for the Nintendo Switch. It would keep fans occupied until Metroid Prime 4 is released (which will likely be mid to late 2019 at earliest). They might add more details to the game. Speaking of which, I remember seeing a video which did a boundary break, and they showed a close up of Meta Ridley on the Frigate Orpheon (from the opening part of Metroid Prime). From the looks of it, Retro Studios added detail to Meta Ridley's chest (his weak point), which has an exposed heart.
I would love a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD for Switch. I have played the first two and would do so again in a heart beat. It would be a relatively quick and easy way to drum up more hype for Metroid Prime 4 as well and it could be released pretty much anytime this year, or even the beginning of next year.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Figured I should at least pop in once and say I'm still hoping for the best too, despite my expectations.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Is Ridley day over yet? As enjoyable as it was, it's hard to tell everyone apart when everyone has similar profile pics and it's difficult to keep track of everything.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Why do you need to tell everyone apart? We are all Ridley here.
Lies. There is only one true Ridley. Eternally resurrected to torment Samus.

You and your blasphemous tongue will learn some respect or face his plasma breath.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Lies. There is only one true Ridley. Eternally resurrected to torment Samus.

You and your blasphemous tongue will learn some respect or face his plasma breath.
Please do not cast me out, I hold our dear lord and saviour Ridley in my heart. It is in that sense that we all have a little piece of Ridley within us.

It is his plasma breath that warms our hearts and his screech that fills the air with song. Our lord Ridley can do no wrong.

...okay this got kinda poetic

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
Please do not cast me out, I hold our dear lord and saviour Ridley in my heart. It is in that sense that we all have a little piece of Ridley within us.

It is his plasma breath that warms our hearts and his screech that fills the air with song. Our lord Ridley can do no wrong.

...okay this got kinda poetic
Too late, get out :)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Seems it’s a premium exclusive skin now, but I think I’ll be sticking with RidleyBoards for a little while longer since I have the option.

I knew there was a reason I was still giving this place money!... Well not really. Just been lazy about turning off the auto-renewal thing for premium, though I wouldn’t hesitate to if I was ever tight on disposable income.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
If Ridley gets announced they better bring back Ridleyboards for a day.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's almost a bittersweet victory. Ridley finally gets in Smash, but Ridleyboards may never happen again afterwards.
xD For quite some, the Ridley overdose was too much, even for me! And I did doodled a few things of him pretty early before it was officially April Fools day (time zones) and at the end of the Ridleyboards. But honestly, I was glad I got to be out of Easter things most of the day.

Last edited:

Zeox

Smash Champion
If we have in smash Samus and Samus zero suit, then we should totally have 2 Ridleys, the regular one and this one:

Look at him, look how HOT he is!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
If we have in smash Samus and Samus zero suit, then we should totally have 2 Ridleys, the regular one and this one:

Look at him, look how HOT he is!
Pardon me, but Ridley normally doesn't wear clothes...

Morbi

Scavenger
xD For quite some, the Ridley overdose was too much, even for me! And I did doodled a few things of him pretty early before it was officially April Fools day (time zones) and at the end of the Ridleyboards. But honestly, I was glad I got to be out of Easter things most of the day.
You can always have too much of a good thing. I, personally, enjoyed it quite a bit, even if it hurt my eyes. But I would not mind if it return on his glorious day.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Pardon me, but Ridley normally doesn't wear clothes...
2.png

xD I remember how many times I have put him in a tuxedo when I created his grim reaper form (Catrin Ridley I called it)

You can always have too much of a good thing. I, personally, enjoyed it quite a bit, even if it hurt my eyes. But I would not mind if it return on his glorious day.
xD Maybe you are right.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
Premium
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I'd say the official ballot is the exact opposite of the bolded. You can bet that info and insight gained from that thing will be used for years to come. It was nice knowing that Sakurai knows that Ridley is a hot topic for character playability it's just a matter of hoping times have changed his stance.
How did ridley do on this ballet is what I am wondering? i fear he did poorly do to ppl not voting for him thinking he was impossible anyway since he was part of a stage

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How did ridley do on this ballet is what I am wondering? i fear he did poorly do to ppl not voting for him thinking he was impossible anyway since he was part of a stage
I doubt how well Ridley did on the ballot matters much in the long run. Sakurai was well aware of how popular he was pre-ballot. If he felt the need to release a statement on why Ridley wasn't playable, then I doubt he needed the ballot to realize how popular the space dragon was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom