• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

D0N

Smash Ace
Sorry I couldn't make doubles. I was supposed to be going to a hair appointment saturday but it was moved to sunday and I needed to keep my VA trip to one day.

How much did the winners win? How was the competition? Are they interested in ToD?

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Sorry I couldn't make doubles. I was supposed to be going to a hair appointment saturday but it was moved to sunday and I needed to keep my VA trip to one day.

How much did the winners win? How was the competition? Are they interested in ToD?
I got 5 bucks, for 3rd place, don't know what 2nd or 1st got, but we had a few people come out from the fb thread iirc. it was good competition, the PR players are still the ones that are placing well. Hopefully we'll have more interest by the next ToD that'll be in 2 weeks from now

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
I have a bad habit of not playing smart enough, like approaching when I have a solid lead among other things. Take game 2 for example, even though I won that one I lost a stock at 81% because I decided to approach a 1 stock 77% Boss offstage even though I was currently at 2 stocks 64%. In addition to that, look at how games 3 and 4 ended, I shouldn't have been playing that risky. I'm aware of what I'm doing wrong, it's just a matter of correcting it in my mindset.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
smashfest friday at my place 3pm-7pm since D1aos is leaving early that day, and I have to take care of things myself. anyone who's interested, text me at 703-895-1364, see you there!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
I decided to go on to see if it was real. Someone told me he was banned. Trolled again.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
@Mashi, We really want to see you step it out again dude, we need/want all of sova's support to helping this scene get on the map
@D0n- Imo, I don't think MK should get banned, that's just me.
I really like how much we've able to accomplish ever since myself, and D1aos were able to step up into the scene. There are other rising faces coming into aspect, RBM being one of them. I honestly think if you put in hard work, dedication, and a confidence into your gameplay, you'll grow better and take yourself farther than you may probably expect/intend to. You've just got to find your drive to do it.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yes but let a character who doesn't lose to anyone in the entire cast playable is stupid. They should've banned him a long time ago. All you see are Mk's, and a few of the top tier characters placing at nationals, there is no diversity at all.

Mk, mk, mk, Mk/Snake/Wario/IC's, Diddy, Mk, Mk.

D0N

Smash Ace
@D0N- Imo, I don't think MK should get banned, that's just me.
To be honest I was thinking "D1AOS, Darkflame, Pitzer, others who go OOS don't play MK anyway so ban him." I can't really say I have an opinion on MK anymore, but when I did I was against banning him.

D0N

Smash Ace
Really? I should be there to say hi then. I'll enter if I feel like I can get top 3. It's still at Tower of Games right?

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
Really? I should be there to say hi then. I'll enter if I feel like I can get top 3. It's still at Tower of Games right?
yeah man, it's this sunday, hope to see you there :)! and yeah, I figured that's what you meant about MK being banned. but anyways, bring that DK back (hopefully not the last time) again for a family reunion :D!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lol. i supported sova for awhile then i kept seeing the same (and only) faces. it's hard to come out to a tourney when 90% of the players had smashfests at my house or at doom's house. i know tower isn't close to some of you and it definitely isn't close for me but TOD is a smashfest to me that i have to pay for.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Because you guys dont really advertise that well. There is a lot of brawlers in sova still.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
smashfest at my place 3 pm, Mashi, you should honestly come, there's new faces there, and we try to get a good variety as much as possible instead of just singles :D!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i may come by tower but it's not guaranteed lol. darkflame text me an address. i just wanna see how far you live from me. if it's not too far i may go since i'm free after 3. =]

gaiax: lol it's all about mvc3 now =P. well i am haha.

everyone: i have a few (around 10) wanting an mvc3 tourney at tower. i think me and doom speaking to the owner/worker today about it. is anyone interested on boards in going? jw.

D0N

Smash Ace
i may come by tower but it's not guaranteed lol. darkflame text me an address. i just wanna see how far you live from me. if it's not too far i may go since i'm free after 3. =]

gaiax: lol it's all about mvc3 now =P. well i am haha.

everyone: i have a few (around 10) wanting an mvc3 tourney at tower. i think me and doom speaking to the owner/worker today about it. is anyone interested on boards in going? jw.
MM me for 5-10$? Just for fun since it'll be the first time we play :). I'll MM doom too.

Some people (around 30 so far) are already talking about starting weeklies at HiScore for SF and MvC so maybe you should hold off on that and go there rather than split the crowd. HiScore = 5$venue + New staff + renovations. I haven't seen it but I've heard good things from reliable sources.

Top Bottom