• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
yo i got dinner plans, but im tryin to smash! any chance you guys would be meeting up for an afternoon sesh?

Famous

Smash Champion
Yo, I'm up Slash

My mom on the phone but my info is

708 Maryland Ave Hampton, Virginia
(757)245-4851

Hit me up ASAP

My real name is Rob if you call me before I get to call you

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
I just woke up, and I got some shi to do first (gotta go back and get and get a trade in). I should be over in a couple of hours.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
what is the news about it? lolx my phone always dies. so i guess not. however i'm chillen with him right now so he'll probably tell me and i'll post it in the other thread.

CpE_Wahoo

Smash Rookie
Thanks to everyone that showed up at Hi Score today. Sorry about the confusion at the beginning, we're gonna scrap doubles for the next one and just run singles.

August 21st is the date, we're gonna try to set that in stone with the management in the next couple of days. Is that date going to conflict the the Tower of Doom plans for bi-weeklies? Another question, would you guys want to do $10 to the pot (so $15 for the tournament), or is the $5 venue/$5 pot fine? I'm having a blast running these tournaments, so whatever suggestions or anything, me and my bro will try to cater to them.

Famous

Smash Champion
10$ Pot sounds sexy but 5$venue/5$pot may appeal to more people....

Could you post the bracket, tourney results somewhere on the boards?

D0N

Smash Ace
D0N, what day are officially back and free to brawl? we definitely need to have a fest before Tower of Doom

Maybe Mashi can host :D
I dunno if that's possible this time around. Probly the 30th. Maybe even the 31st lol. If something is on the 31st then maybe I can make it.

H4X the link was to a fake SoVA PR. It was deleted.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
lolx only singles too which sucks. wanted both oh wells. yeah i'll do something before doom tourney.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Putting final touches together on being able to have people over for Saturday all day long. It'll happen, just running it by roommates.

Genosync

Smash Cadet
Genosync's Smashfesta #1: UR OPN

As everyone might know from the last time I showed my face, me playing Ike seriously is a thing of the past, but I still find the nonsense entertaining... And for those of you that don't get it, "UR OPN" is what Ike says when he uses Counter... you know... you're... open... yeah...

Date: 7/24/2010
Time: 1:00 PM - ???? (until everyone leaves, or 3 AM at the absolute latest...)
What: Brawl, B+, B-, and maybe Balanced Brawl but I doubt anyone cares about that anymore... Melee is a possibility but pends on # of people and room to move around

Drinks/Food:
I'll have some sodas around, but not enough for everyone--bring a couple 2 liters or whatever.
If you want snacks, bring your own snacks. There's like two 7-11s pretty close too, and a Food Lion right down the road.
Dinner, we can either do the easy order in pizza, or there's local fast food places around if that's your thing. Every single fast food restuarant you would want is within 1 mile, with the exception being Hardee's barely more than a mile away.
Regarding alcohol: I'm not too cool with allowing it, as I don't know how many of you are under 21/parents would be mad if you are younger and would be around people drinking. Just keep in mind that this house has people that are around my age (25) in it. We'll discuss it when people are there and make a run to Food Lion if we have to, so don't bring anything assuming you'll get to drink.

Stuff that we need to make this work:
2-3 more TVs (I will have two that I can use, maybe more if roommates go out for the day)
Wiis & Brawl (I can quickly and safely softmod your Wii to use homebrew channel/code loaders if you don't have it already and want it too)
Component cables (if you have them, in case someone brings an HD TV... I have some but one of the two TVs mentioned is HD and massive)
People.

I probably can't have more than 12 or so people fit in the place and be comfortable/have a good time. We could do more but problems would be finding places to sit and actually do anything. If you're interested in coming, post in here, in the August 1st tourney thread, or hit up my cell phone @ 757-535-1692... or AIM at Genosync but one of the other three options is probably best.

Directions to Geno's (1530 Hawthorne Dr., Chesapeake, VA 23325):
From I64 and Indian River Rd: Directions Link
From somewhere randomly picked on Greenbrier Pwky: Directions Link

Park: On the street or in the grass in front of the house. Try to not block people in unless they're with us--there's a few of us that live in this house, don't want to be a bother to them.

Why is this #1? Because there's probably going to be a #2, #3, #4...

Showin' up:
Genosync
SlashTalon (1-2 TVs, thanks)
Mashi
zo
Doom
Pitzer
Cura/SK
Rubberbandman

CpE_Wahoo

Smash Rookie
Don't know if you guys heard yet, but the MLG DC Combine is turning into an actual event, complete with Smash. I'm gonna be there playing Brawl for fun (haha, I've got some mad training to do if I don't want to get eliminated immediately) and my bro will be playing Halo. Hope some of the SoVA guys can make it up, it's gonna be hype!

EDIT: Dates are October 15-17

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
me, zo, doom more than likely if nothing else happens. =]. $mm? =P

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'll be down for some MM$ :D

and very down with some TV-age. I can bring maybe 2, one for sure

You guys wanna plan a roadtrip soon? (MD/NoVA?) Any date between Aug 13 and Sep 1 would be best for me and may mean I could drive

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
I'll be down for some MM$ :D

and very down with some TV-age. I can bring maybe 2, one for sure

You guys wanna plan a roadtrip soon? (MD/NoVA?) Any date between Aug 13 and Sep 1 would be best for me and may mean I could drive
I'll MM your falco with ic's or marth if you want

Top Bottom