• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the SoVA Department of Sanitation: a SoVA Brawl crew son! You bet dad!

OMG H4X

Smash Journeyman
NNID
rustytotallypwns
i have an sd card with infinite replay, so im down to help.

sorry it was tattoo day, but my backs been hurting from carrying the region. who has all the setups? who gets like 20 phone calls asking for advice when he cant make it to a tourney? drew up and copied a bunch of fliers? you guys didnt choose not to start without me, you had no choice. im god, better than sk

lol but ya fun times, going outta town this weekend, anyone tryin to play when i get back? i can host a fest on tues or wed or something.

also, anyone goin to nekocon?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Rusty take your van, drive down to my tournament november 6th axs. Bring all of Sova that you can, ill house and give you guys free entrance into all the events.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
sorry it was tattoo day, but my backs been hurting from carrying the region. who has all the setups? who gets like 20 phone calls asking for advice when he cant make it to a tourney? drew up and copied a bunch of fliers? you guys didnt choose not to start without me, you had no choice. im god, better than sk
Bro chill, I'm not used to putting out effort for anything, not even stuff I like. I'm going to start to bring my wii since D1AOS has easy access to it, hell, he can even borrow it over the week. =/

I don't have extra TVs and stuff like you do, the only one I could bring to tourney works like Slash's the other day. (Needs to have cable access to use) And the TV I use now is an HD and I know how much slash hates that.

Yeah, I practice on an HD TV ****.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
1337 post for RBM.

On a more serious note, I have an SD Card loaded with the infinite replay length code via stack smash, and I plan on attending every ToD tournament unless something serious comes up. I was thinking of naming the youtube account that will hold all the videos something like "SoVADoS" or "SoVAToD", though suggestions would be nice. Based on my weekly schedule I will be able to have some (maybe most or even all on some rare occasions) of the videos uploaded from future tournaments on the day of that tournament, and finish up Tuesday nights. If all the videos aren't up by Wednesday, then they'll be up the following weekend. I want everyone to really use this to their advantage and convenience, no more wondering about what you missed if you didn't attend a tourney. In addition to that, of course, is using the videos to better your game. After looking at my matches with D0N from this past ToD, I can't wait for the next one, as I could easily see the mistakes I was making and don't intend on making them again. This is for SoVA, it's time to take it to the next level and represent to the fullest. ;)

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i am free tomorrow from 11-3. does anyone wanna play?

edit: that lives in vabeach.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
1337 post for RBM.

On a more serious note, I have an SD Card loaded with the infinite replay length code via stack smash, and I plan on attending every ToD tournament unless something serious comes up. I was thinking of naming the youtube account that will hold all the videos something like "SoVADoS" or "SoVAToD", though suggestions would be nice. Based on my weekly schedule I will be able to have some (maybe most or even all on some rare occasions) of the videos uploaded from future tournaments on the day of that tournament, and finish up Tuesday nights. If all the videos aren't up by Wednesday, then they'll be up the following weekend. I want everyone to really use this to their advantage and convenience, no more wondering about what you missed if you didn't attend a tourney. In addition to that, of course, is using the videos to better your game. After looking at my matches with D0N from this past ToD, I can't wait for the next one, as I could easily see the mistakes I was making and don't intend on making them again. This is for SoVA, it's time to take it to the next level and represent to the fullest. ;)
That would be beyond awesome :D

D0N

Smash Ace
Tourney at Arcadia Evolutions (Newport News VA near CNU) on Nov. 14th. Pre register before Oct. 31st = 10$. At the door = 20$

http://www.arcadiaevolutions.com/ev...QyYWE5NjJhYWNkYjUxN2U=/super-smash-bros-brawl

Store run so I don't know the rules and they didn't give me much when I called except that it is gonna be a double elimination bracket. I am expecting an MLG ruleset, no seeding, and HD TV's, but it should work out.

Pre registration can ONLY BE DONE AT THE STORE so if you plan on coming let me know so I can register you. I called and asked about Pre-reg, and it may be extended until Nov.7th.

If you go to ToD, you should come here so we can advertise for ToD... I forgot to get those flyers from h4x but this would be a great place for them. It is on a sunday, but it is not on a ToD week.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
I guess you can put us all down for that one D0N, you already have our money.

But seriously, sounds like something I want to attend. I'll give you a definite answer tomorrow.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Hey all, I need a favor.

tl;dr version:
I need 25 people to be fans of a Facebook page I just created for a business I'm starting so I can have a customized URL that I will need.

Please become a fan to expedite this process for me
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Toastys-Chop-Shop/156907087679348

Thanks!!!
<3<3<3
-toastytooooast :)

PS - each get a free chop in return! (it's a Bengali/Bangladeshi finger food that is deep fried and delicious. imagine a chicken hushpuppy...though that doesn't quite do it justice)

PPS - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not actually make reference to this on my personal facebook page! There are far too many Bengali people who could steal my idea before I fully get it off the ground [plus I just don't want them talking about it before anything actually happens]

I'm just trying to have everything ready by the time of the first event I "cater" so that would-be fans won't have to search hard to get the info and spread the word ^_^

Thanks again!

sorry for posting in a crew thread that I don't frequent but it's SoVa so I figured y'all wouldn't mind helping me out!

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
where were you at slash?! i got back around 7 and we played until like now. lolx. hax lost a $10 mm to zo. lolx.

D0N

Smash Ace
Anyone playing friday? I gotta go to court at like 9:30am and my classes are cancelled so ill be doing nothing all day

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Mashi you play too reckless and unsafe with Marth, try to walk and space your attacks better. Also try waiting at safe distances in between attacks to allow yourself to react to your opponent and punish them.

That's just from what I saw personally of your GF set with Don

Oh and D1AOS I don't know much about using Sonic but while edge guarding DK it's best for you not to grab the ledge, because your then giving him a free pass back on stage since your aerials have a bit of start up time on them. I would suggest after knocking him offstage that you judge your distances and then jump off to hit him with a bair

/Random entrance

D0N

Smash Ace
I dunno Kadaj... He beat me the first set I played him because I didn't expect the edgehogs to come so fast lol.

D0N

Smash Ace
I was experimenting with stuff I don't normally do so I made careless mistakes trying to fill my mind with too many tricks. You missed winners finals where I got a side-b and then tried to grab mashi...

but yea, im re-working spacing later too

Genosync

Smash Cadet
90% of the time I'm on Ike I'm experimenting >.>

Can't believe I never did jab x2 cancel to dash grab, that was so pro on Sunday

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
thanks randy jadak post lolx. i don't seem to have trouble punishing some characters, it's just dk that i cannot figure out yet.

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Oh and D1AOS I don't know much about using Sonic but while edge guarding DK it's best for you not to grab the ledge, because your then giving him a free pass back on stage since your aerials have a bit of start up time on them. I would suggest after knocking him offstage that you judge your distances and then jump off to hit him with a bair
I noticed that looking back at those videos, can't wait for the next opportunity to face D0N and try a new game plan.

Top Bottom