• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sora/other KH char support thread.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Hey everyone, sorry I havent been active. Xbox took over my life.

I'm gonna make a moveset soon.
Cool d(' 'd)

hmm yah i see your point, but still way to much like foxes in my eyes i mean it would do just everything the same except not last as long... but thats just my view i guess
Foxes Shine does alot more damage than 3-5%, and it dosent block physical attacks, if you have a good sword range.

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
I support sora for brawl...i read the first post and final form (the silver form) would be ideal for his final smash....he'd fit right in with mario, link, sonic and the whole roster (except snake, sorry but wtf?)

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Ok I think we have enough supporters, so I think I should make a club.

Here are some names I've been thinking of:

The Key Wielders
Organization XIII
The Sorasauruses (Just Kidding)
The Chains of Memory

If anyone else has any suggestions for club names, I'm open.

I'll probably make a separate club forum also.

smashbrother7

Smash Rookie
Before I do my moveset for Sora add me for one of your supporters of Sora!
Heres my Sora moveset! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora

Balence
Speed: 8/10
Power: 8/10
Jump:7/10
FS Power: 10/10

A: Slash
A,A: Slash
A,A,A: Slash

A Side: Ice Slash
A Down: Fire Slash
A Up: Kick flip

Smash Side: Power Slash
Smash Up: Thuder Strike (Sora slashs up like Marths up smash and somtimes a thunder bolt comes down on the blade)
Smash Down: Sword Sweep (Sora slash his sword down like a sweep)

Air Front: Aero Slash
Air Back: Back Kick (Like Shieks Air <- move)
Air Down: Blizzard (Summons a blizzard at his feet with his blade)
Air Up: Soaring Blade (Swings blade up)

Grab A: Headbutt
Grab Front: Blade Whack
Grab Back: Back throw
Grab Down: Down Stab (Throws enemy down on ground and then stabs them)
Grab Up: Aero Throw (throws enemy high in the air)

B Up: Aero Jump (Jumps really high in the air while using the power of aero.)
B Side: Lightning Dash (Slides like C. Falcons Falcon Kick but with the blade in front)
B Down: Aero (Like foxs reflector)

Final Smash: Final Form (Power triples, gets three swords,and is invinsible)

Sora is able to glide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rate it 1-10!

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
Ok I think we have enough supporters, so I think I should make a club.

Here are some names I've been thinking of:

The Key Wielders
Organization XIII
The Sorasauruses (Just Kidding)
The Chains of Memory

If anyone else has any suggestions for club names, I'm open.

I'll probably make a separate club forum also.
I say go with org xiii... everybody whosee playd the game would get it plus it sounds badass.. ps im in lol

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I say go with org xiii... everybody whosee playd the game would get it plus it sounds badass.. ps im in lol
I agree. Either that, or just "The Organization" to eliminate the number (since there are more than 13 of us supporters. . . even though that new member coming up in one of the new KH games sort of throws the name off anyway. But whatever, I digress).

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Ok, so we shall be named:

THE ORGANIZATION
Hey... woah.. wait a minute? What about my vote?

yeah. okay. Ze Organization it iz. as soon as we have artwork and sig stuff, It'll open

I support sora for brawl...i read the first post and final form (the silver form) would be ideal for his final smash....he'd fit right in with mario, link, sonic and the whole roster (except snake, sorry but wtf?)
Snake is a cool Character, because he has explosives. You cant say that Sora and Snake would make a decent Matchup in SSE.

Before I do my moveset for Sora add me for one of your supporters of Sora!
Heres my Sora moveset! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sora

Balence
Speed: 8/10
Power: 8/10
Jump:7/10
FS Power: 10/10

A: Slash
A,A: Slash
A,A,A: Slash

A Side: Ice Slash
A Down: Fire Slash
A Up: Kick flip

Smash Side: Power Slash
Smash Up: Thuder Strike (Sora slashs up like Marths up smash and somtimes a thunder bolt comes down on the blade)
Smash Down: Sword Sweep (Sora slash his sword down like a sweep)

Air Front: Aero Slash
Air Back: Back Kick (Like Shieks Air <- move)
Air Down: Blizzard (Summons a blizzard at his feet with his blade)
Air Up: Soaring Blade (Swings blade up)

Grab A: Headbutt
Grab Front: Blade Whack
Grab Back: Back throw
Grab Down: Down Stab (Throws enemy down on ground and then stabs them)
Grab Up: Aero Throw (throws enemy high in the air)

B Up: Aero Jump (Jumps really high in the air while using the power of aero.)
B Side: Lightning Dash (Slides like C. Falcons Falcon Kick but with the blade in front)
B Down: Aero (Like foxs reflector)

Final Smash: Final Form (Power triples, gets three swords,and is invinsible)

Sora is able to glide

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rate it 1-10!
6-10, Alot of the attacks arent based off of the game... and Final Form=2 Keys that float around. : \

I dont think that its possible to stab with the keyblade either... actualy.. yeah it is, I'll post this stuff in my Moveset post some time in the future. too much work x.x

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
*Cough*Me*Cough*

And if the sigs say anything like... "Sora for SSBB" Just make it "Sora for SSB" so we dont have to really make new sigs when SSB4 comes around :p

15 Pages!
You a mod?! No way (Just kidding, sure)

I was thinking that the sig would have our club name on it, The Organization, and a scrolling pic of Sora on it.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
My Sora moveset Please rate from 1-10

Sora

Balence
Speed: 8.5/10
Power: 7/10
Jump:9/10
FS Power: 9.5/10

A: Horizontal Slash

A,A: First does a horizontal slash followed by a vertical one.

A,A,A: Does a horizontal slash, followed by a vertical one, then a stab with low knockback.

A Side: Strong horizontal slash, with good knock back.

A Down: Smashes keyblade down on opponent's head, combo starter.

A Up:Swings his keyblade upwards to launch opponent's into the air. Decent knock back, moderate damage.

Smash Side: Sonic Strike

Smash Up: Holds out his keyblade and spins around, like his Limit Command with Goofy Twister Fusion.

Smash Down: Sora stabs the ground causing small explosions to happen around him.

Air Front: Sora stabs his keyblade forward, and causes an explosion at it's tip.

Air Back: Backflip kick

Air Down: Throws his keyblade to hit below then teleports it back to his hand.

Air Up: Same as down, but he throws it up instead.

Air Neutral: Powerful keyblade slash.

Grab A: Hits with keyblade

Grab Front: Throws enemy forward, and uses Sonic Strike

Grab Back: Throws them backwards, and four balls of energy spin around Sora hitting the opponent.

Grab Down: Throws enemy down, and stomps on them.

Grab Up: Throws enemy up, jumps above them, and spikes them back down to the ground.

B Up: Uses magic to cause explosions beneath his feet to shoot him up, can glade afterwards.

B Side: Uses Firaga to shoot fire at enemies.

B Down: Form shift- Causes Sora to change forms. Each have it's own special abilities.

Valor- Sora dual wields keyblades, and attacks twice as fast. All his magic attacks are halfed in power.

Wisdom- Sora floats on the ground instead of walking and his moving speed is increased. His non magical attacks are half as strong, and his neutral B shoots out small blue bullets of magic.

B Neutral: Uses Blizzaga to freeze enemies in the attacks hitbox.

Final Smash: Trinity Limit- Sora uses his Limit Command Trinity Limit on a single target, and unleashes a cutscene where he attacks an opponent. The attack will move in parts using reaction commands, and if you miss one then the attack ends. Has a total of 5 parts.

Taunt 1: Makes a huge grin and gives a thumbs up.

Taunt 2: Throws his keyblade up and catches it.

Taunt 3: Says a random quote from Kingdom Hearts II.

Additional Comments: When you use the Form shift in team battles you'll notice no color change. Only he will either float, or have two keyblades.

- When dual wielding his keyblades change to Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

If there are any addtional questions please ask.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Sora

Balence
Speed: 8.5/10
Power: 7/10
Jump:9/10
FS Power: 9.5/10

A,A,A: Does a horizontal slash, followed by a vertical one, then a stab with low knockback.

A Side: Strong horizontal slash, with good knock back.

A Down: Smashes keyblade down on opponent's head, combo starter.

A Up:Swings his keyblade upwards to launch opponent's into the air. Decent knock back, moderate damage.

Smash Side: Sonic Strike

Smash Up: Holds out his keyblade and spins around, like his Limit Command with Goofy Twister Fusion.

Smash Down: Sora stabs the ground causing small explosions to happen around him.

Air Front: Sora stabs his keyblade forward, and causes an explosion at it's tip.

Air Down: Throws his keyblade to hit below then teleports it back to his hand.

Air Up: Same as down, but he throws it up instead.

Air Neutral: Powerful keyblade slash.

Grab A: Hits with keyblade

Grab Front: Throws enemy forward, and uses Sonic Strike

Grab Back: Throws them backwards, and four balls of energy spin around Sora hitting the opponent.

Grab Down: Throws enemy down, and stomps on them.

Grab Up: Throws enemy up, jumps above them, and spikes them back down to the ground.

B Up: Uses magic to cause explosions beneath his feet to shoot him up, can glade afterwards.

B Side: Uses Firaga to shoot fire at enemies.

B Down: Form shift- Causes Sora to change forms. Each have it's own special abilities.

Valor- Sora dual wields keyblades, and attacks twice as fast. All his magic attacks are halfed in power.

Wisdom- Sora floats on the ground instead of walking and his moving speed is increased. His non magical attacks are half as strong, and his neutral B shoots out small blue bullets of magic.

B Neutral: Uses Blizzaga to freeze enemies in the attacks hitbox.

Final Smash: Trinity Limit- Sora uses his Limit Command Trinity Limit on a single target, and unleashes a cutscene where he attacks an opponent. The attack will move in parts using reaction commands, and if you miss one then the attack ends. Has a total of 5 parts.

Taunt 2: Throws his keyblade up and catches it.

Taunt 3: Says a random quote from Kingdom Hearts II.

Additional Comments: When you use the Form shift in team battles you'll notice no color change. Only he will either float, or have two keyblades.

- When dual wielding his keyblades change to Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

If there are any addtional questions please ask.
Dual weild w/o Time limit= Broken.... But its a decent Idea. He'd have the same moves as before, but he'd hit twice with each keyblade, and he'd attack faster. same strength. It screams broken :p. and we dont want a broken character, because in the next game people will want him Debuffed, and we'll get a terrible character.

7/10. but his taunts should be w/e he does at the end of the matches @ Olympus in KH.

AND THE STATS ARE OUT OF 5! NOT 10!

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
Now that you mention, I should put his form shift on the same stamina meter that the Pokemon Trainer has.

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
I'm guessing it should be pretty simple it lasts for a amount of time slowly lessens when it's done, you have to switch. For this they'd probably shorten it, because I'm guessing the PT can have his pokemon out for a while. As for the stats, I don't like the number 5.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
I'm guessing it should be pretty simple it lasts for a amount of time slowly lessens when it's done, you have to switch. For this they'd probably shorten it, because I'm guessing the PT can have his pokemon out for a while. As for the stats, I don't like the number 5.
Well.. in the Prima guide... they did stats out of five. and Prima is always right, unless they make a mistake.

ExtremeBrawler

Smash Cadet
Include also me in Sora's supporters!!!:chuckle:
I think this things:
1) I believe,if Sora is in,we will see at the bottom of the site both Disney and Square-Enix...
2) An other reason for his inclusion is The Ancient Minister:it is too similar to a Heartless and the typical KH enemy!!!:chuckle:
3) Yeah,he was in Sakurai's poll...
4) He IS known,and very well

So,I would appreciate also Megaman,but now that he SHOULD be out(Sakurai is unpredictable,remember this...:laugh:),I think he is the character with more possibilities...if there will be a third extern character in Brawl...
So,let's see what will appear on Youtube.com after 24th January!!!;)

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Well, Sora does seem to be the most likely character as far as a Square rep is concerned and seems to be a pretty likely canidate, as all of the facts put his likelyness much higher than the other Square possiblilities, ie. Geno. Seeing as Square is leaning away from the now sinking Sony and Nintendo is increasingly interested in the KH series I can definitely see him getting in. However it will definitely be only him. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo isn't going to go for Donald or Goofy on this one, as they'd have to fenagle with not only Square and Disney.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, Donald and Goofy naturally have a 0% chance... Sakurai said that characters that didn't originate in video games won't be in.

I personally wish that Sora will make it in, but I don't think he has chances higher than Geno.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
Well, Sora does seem to be the most likely character as far as a Square rep is concerned and seems to be a pretty likely canidate, as all of the facts put his likelyness much higher than the other Square possiblilities, ie. Geno. Seeing as Square is leaning away from the now sinking Sony and Nintendo is increasingly interested in the KH series I can definitely see him getting in. However it will definitely be only him. I'm pretty sure that Nintendo isn't going to go for Donald or Goofy on this one, as they'd have to fenagle with not only Square and Disney.
That and nobody wants Donald or Goofy....

Sora isnt the only Square choice either....

__
Well, Donald and Goofy naturally have a 0% chance... Sakurai said that characters that didn't originate in video games won't be in.
Right.. but Lucario is diffrent, saying that Pokemon was made by nintendo..[/random point]

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
On top of all this, there has been a rumor going around about Kingdom Hearts III being a Wii exclusive. If that was to happen, they could make Sora like Roy, and be a promotional character along with that. Square has been making games for Nintendo alot more often than usual. Such games are Final Fantasy XII DS remake, Final Fantasy III for the DS, and the new Crystal Chronicles game for it. The only other possible character being Vaan from Final Fantasy XII to promote the games, but his popularity pales in comparison to Sora's. Sora's main competition is Megaman. The problem with him is that Capcom hasn't been making any good games for the Blue Bomber, and as such no one is buying them. And seeing as how Sony isn't biting the bullet for it, Nintendo is the one losing money. So, why would they want to spend more money to get the license for Megaman to put him in the game when he isn't making them any? Square on the other hand makes them millions, so buying the rights to it will get them even more money. On top of that for the hard core Kingdom Hearts fans who don't own a Wii, they might purchase one just to play as their favorite hero in a fighting game. Then their interest might branch out to other characters and they'd want to buy their games too. If Megaman is in it, that won't happen because all of his games are the same, they change the bosses names and apperance, and make you do it again. It's pointless for Megaman to get in.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
On top of all this, there has been a rumor going around about Kingdom Hearts III being a Wii exclusive. If that was to happen, they could make Sora like Roy, and be a promotional character along with that. Square has been making games for Nintendo alot more often than usual. Such games are Final Fantasy XII DS remake, Final Fantasy III for the DS, and the new Crystal Chronicles game for it. The only other possible character being Vaan from Final Fantasy XII to promote the games, but his popularity pales in comparison to Sora's. Sora's main competition is Megaman. The problem with him is that Capcom hasn't been making any good games for the Blue Bomber, and as such no one is buying them. And seeing as how Sony isn't biting the bullet for it, Nintendo is the one losing money. So, why would they want to spend more money to get the license for Megaman to put him in the game when he isn't making them any? Square on the other hand makes them millions, so buying the rights to it will get them even more money. On top of that for the hard core Kingdom Hearts fans who don't own a Wii, they might purchase one just to play as their favorite hero in a fighting game. Then their interest might branch out to other characters and they'd want to buy their games too. If Megaman is in it, that won't happen because all of his games are the same, they change the bosses names and apperance, and make you do it again. It's pointless for Megaman to get in.
KHIII Isnt anounced, but its fairly likely to be on the Wii... (Not exclusive to the wii, on the wii)

Sora has to compete with...

A. Every other Square rep... and if he makes it through that
B. Some of the most popular characaters in existance, like Pacman...

You've got some good points...

Hmmm... What about a Hollow Bastion stage? Where you get your Keyblade taken away in KH one.. you have that one main platform.. and all the little blue ones floating around it...

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice
As far as Square reps go there are few, that would be as noticeable as Sora. Even if it isn't an exclusive, still it would give more purpose to put him in. Like I said, his biggest competition are the Final Fantasy characters that are in the games that are coming out for the Nintendo DS. Other than them the only other character eligible that stands a chance that I can think of is Geno. Who only a select number of people know, and even fewer that know of him give a **** if he's in.

ParamoreRiot

Smash Lord
Ok so the sig is being made right now by Gypsy Lee. Its gonna be awesome.

And I figured the forum could wait until theres some more active members. But the Organization is in full effect.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
As far as Square reps go there are few, that would be as noticeable as Sora. Even if it isn't an exclusive, still it would give more purpose to put him in. Like I said, his biggest competition are the Final Fantasy characters that are in the games that are coming out for the Nintendo DS. Other than them the only other character eligible that stands a chance that I can think of is Geno. Who only a select number of people know, and even fewer that know of him give a **** if he's in.
Well. we also have Dragon Quest...

dantemasta

Smash Apprentice

And I figured the forum could wait until theres some more active members. But the Organization is in full effect.
If it's ok with you, I'd like to join.

finalark

SNORLAX

Wow... I'm going to have to quit School if I want to keep up with this thread...

not going to happen.

Anyway, sign me up for the Organization.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
From my knowledge's extent, they aren't very popular in the U.S. I believe they are far more popular in Japan. On the other hand though, Sora is very popular in both the U.S., and Japan.
Yeah..

Lol, Finalark. It does take alot to keep up with this thread, I remember when I started this thread, the next day, it was already four pages in. x.x

AustiniusRex

Smash Journeyman
Temporary. Soon to be replaced by a zombie-proof
you made him over powered. Sora wouldn't be that fast anyway. He'd be a little faster than Link (3/5), have a weak first jump but strong second (this would really help him recover so let's figure 2/5 first 4/5 second i guess a 3/5 average) and his power would lie in his knockback abilities (4-5/5) and less in damage (2-3/5). I don't think he should be throwing his keyblade, i never used raid strike anyway, I don't like being vulnerable and not having a Keyblade for even a second would in fact make Sora vulnerable (especially in Super Smash). I don't like the form idea. In fact I'm going to try to make a move set for him right now.

Balence
Speed: 3/5
Damage: 2/5
Knockback: 5/5
Jump: 2/5
Second Jump: 4/5
Range: 3/5
FS: 2/5

*I copied some of this from Dantemasta

A,A,A: Does a horizontal slash, followed by a vertical one, then a stab with decent knockback and a bit more range and damage.

A Side: Stronger horizontal slash, with good knock back.

A Down: Kneels down and performs a stab with the keyblade, lower knockback.

A Up: Swings his keyblade upwards to launch opponent's into the air. Strong knockback, low damage.

Smash Side: Sora's Keyblade Glows as it charges behind his back. When you release he takes a step slams his Keyblade down, higher damage powerful knockback. The downside is that Sora is vulnerable for the brief moment (and I mean like a split second) where he takes his step.

Smash Up: Sora performs a strong vertical strike that slams the enemy upwards, still not too damaging.

Smash Down: Sora kneels and stabs low to ground in front and then slashes to the other side. The knockback lies in the first stab which does decent damage, the rest of the attack is just to get an enemy off your back.

Air Front: Sora stabs his keyblade forward. It does little damage and knocks the foe back just enough for Sora to land unbothered.

Air Down: One of his signature moves in my opinion. His legs wide slam the keyblade down move. It's a god spike but the keyblade stops when it's directly below him, whereas marth's continues behind him to his waist. The knockback is so good that damage shouldn't even matter.

Air Up: Sora backflips and slashes upwards. A great juggling move. Moderate knockback, small damage.

Air Neutral: Performs one full spin as he performs a horizontal slash with the keyblade. Good Range here.

Grab: Grabs below the neck, not a strangle but grabbing the clothing (unless you're kirby or naked)

Grab A: Hits with keyblade's hilt.

Grab Front: Slams into enemy's stomach with hilt and lets them go, knocking them forward a bit.

Grab Back: Swings them behind him and elbows them in the chest.

Grab Down: Throws enemy down, bouncing them, then slams hilt into their stomach, knocking them forward and down, this can't be juggled like sheik's down throw.

Grab Up: Throws enemy up and then quickly, and weakly, strikes upwards with keyblade.

B Up: Aim's a gravity spell upwards. The spell will pull sora upwards as he performs a vertical slash and will slightly pull enemies in towards the attack. The attack is straight upwards and a little higher than his first jump, with the ability to move slightly to a side after the attack ends.

B Side: Sends a fire attack similar to Zelda's, this can be angled like Pit's arrow but not as well.

B Down: Points keyblade up and multiple but thin lightning bolts come down. The damage is almost as great as pikachu's but the knockback is nowhere's near as great.

B Neutral: Cast's blizzard which is will stun an enemy just long enough for Sora to recover from the attack. If sweetspotted the enemy gets frozen like they've been hit by a freezie but there is small knockback in that case and they will unfreeze in a few seconds or after being hit.

Final Smash: Trinity Limit- A trinity symbol forms around him, theres a brief moment where enemies have time to escape. The symbol is big enough to trap a 2 donkey kongs on either side if right next to each other. He performs the same basic trinity limit performed in Chain of Memories. He stands him self up on his keyblade and spins a few times before pushing it into the ground. An orb of light comes from the center and engulfs the enemies within doing alot of damage but no knockback.

Taunt 2: Get's into a ready stance with a mean look on his face.

Taunt 3: Thumps his chest

This was all done to create my Ideal Sora for Super Smash Brawl. Let me know if sounds good to you too.

Superninjabreadman

Smash Lord
@Austin

Keyraid=Super Armor. Sora wouldent be knocked back or anything, you'd take minimal damage(If any) and you wouldent flinch. or get knockback.

B^ Idea is Intresting....

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
Snake is a cool Character, because he has explosives. You cant say that Sora and Snake would make a decent Matchup in SSE.
yes i know snake is a cool character, but he doesnt fit. I'll still play as him but no one expected a character like Snake in the game...thats all i'm saying

as for them being paired up in SSE we still havent seen any 3rd partiers in SSE yet, want to see how they fit in

I'm in, if thats fine

Top Bottom