• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tweeted David Hayter?
He is generally pretty responsive.

If he was voicing Solid, maybe he will spill some information.
He recently said that there is no way he is in MGSV, though.

My hope is that if they do a Remake they have both Keifer and Hayter.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

If he is voicing Solid, He would be under a Contract so he wont be able to say anything!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Double Posted

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Man i die a little inside everytime i see other peoples ratings on anything related to metal gear in the "rate somethings chances" topic. The bias against snake continues *sigh*

---
In other news it seems MGS3D finally got its own miiverse section for europe, i hope they give american one too.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Man i die a little inside everytime i see other peoples ratings on anything related to metal gear in the "rate somethings chances" topic. The bias against snake continues *sigh*

---
In other news it seems MGS3D finally got its own miiverse section for europe, i hope they give american one too.
I once got into an argument over snake's chances on another site. They said that he wasn't going to be in because kojima has not announced plans for a port of MGS V to wii u or whatever. I told them that sakurai probably didn't care about that considering that he put snake in brawl when mgs 4 was not coming to wii and that there are benefits to nintendo for adding snake. Then they proceeded to say that snake's chances of getting in are equal to that of meat boy getting in. (If you have heard that super meat boy developers wanted meat boy in smash.)

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I once got into an argument over snake's chances on another site. They said that he wasn't going to be in because kojima has not announced plans for a port of MGS V to wii u or whatever. I told them that sakurai probably didn't care about that considering that he put snake in brawl when mgs 4 was not coming to wii and that there are benefits to nintendo for adding snake. Then they proceeded to say that snake's chances of getting in are equal to that of meat boy getting in. (If you have heard that super meat boy developers wanted meat boy in smash.)
Everyone wants their characters in smash, given that it's probably going to be the killer app for the Wii U if the hype train is saying anything. Just ignore the disbelievers and trust that Snake is just keeping us waiting.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like a case of Moving the Goalposts.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

---
That's a good sign!

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Ok Guys Listen up Important Information, Remember how they reveled Peach on the Super Mario Bros 2 eShop release date and Showed a Picture of Pit Shooting his Bow on Kid Icarus Uprising eShop release date. If the MGS3D Community come to North America we will likely get an Digital Version via eShop. That would be a perfect time to revel Snake and it will Keep MGS3D relevant on the 3DS!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
and it looks like we may get a reveal at the japanese hobby fair after all by the looks of this flyer.

I know we shouldnt get our hopes up, but you never know

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I feel like I'm setting myself up for disappointment here but my hopes have marginally increased. I want off this roller-coaster already.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
and it looks like we may get a reveal at the japanese hobby fair after all by the looks of this flyer.

I know we shouldnt get our hopes up, but you never know
It would be a strange place to reveal snake, I bet it's a newcomer or something probably wont show off snake there. Best times are a direct or some konami event. But this is sakurai, so like you said, you never know.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
^i kinda dont think it would be a newcomer though either, they would be held off for an international event as well. Its probably a veteran we will see on monday.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I would guess a veteran too. We didn't get any at E3 aside from an off-the-cuff G&W reference, which was unusual. We normally get at least 1 a month after all.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
^i kinda dont think it would be a newcomer though either, they would be held off for an international event as well. Its probably a veteran we will see on monday.
oh yeah you are kinda right, I mean this is japan only so yeah. I don't think a veteran that is big as snake would be revealed there though. hope im wrong.

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
I recall them releasing at least 2 Pac-Man games on the eshop the Thursday after he was announced for SSB4...
Who knows? You guys might be on to something :snake:
If it weren't for the Mii fighters crammed in between the 3 3rd party character I'd say it'd be a hint.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I recall them releasing at least 2 Pac-Man games on the eshop the Thursday after he was announced for SSB4...
Who knows? You guys might be on to something :snake:
If it weren't for the Mii fighters crammed in between the 3 3rd party character I'd say it'd be a hint.
True! We got Pac-Land and Pac-Man Collection. MGS3D came out on the European E-Shop June 26, Since Sakurai didn't Celebrate the release on the European date we still have the North America and Japan dates left! If Snake is in the game that would be the time to revel him!

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I don't see the problem with Snake, why would he be cut ? Sure, maybe Konami doesn't want to allow him to stay in the game, but pretty sure that would be the only reason. He has his own moveset. You could say the same for Ivy and Squi, but they were mixed in the pokemon trainer's special mechanism that forced to change pokemon mid-game.
Pretty sure we'll get a little trailer as for Sonic, and that's it. I would be sad if he was cut, but I don't see why Sakurai would remove him... ?

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
So if snake somehow managed to be in the game but not revealed at all before the release, the konami logo would have to be on the back of the box regardless right?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
One thing I dislike is when people say Snake should be removed as he has no history with Nintendo and he doesn't fit.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
So if snake somehow managed to be in the game but not revealed at all before the release, the konami logo would have to be on the back of the box regardless right?
Maybe not the logo, but I think Konami or Kojima Productions would have to be in a copyright on the box somewhere unless the copyright is specifically for a visual appearance on the cover artwork which according to the website artwork, none of the 3rd party characters are on the front side of the box, but this is just a guess, I dont know that much about copyright stuff.
Likely that just as last time, the 3rd parties would be shown on the back.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yes we would see the Konami Digital Entertainment logo or Kojima Productions because it's some sort of Copyright/Credit

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Snake is cool but I dont see him returning sadly. Him, Lucas, squirtle and ivysaur look like the only possible cuts for the game. At least it's just 4 and not more.

Top Bottom