• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
1. I don't think tactics are bad for Smash 4, this is the game that brought us Robin, a tactition, just saiyan.
2. A theory and considering recent Konami news, would not surprise me.
3. But they got Raiden and that was also done to promote the upcoming Metal Gear Rising.
4. He does break necks for his pummel. Then again Wario still punches people in ****.
5. Which has always been his charm. And considering all the wierd characters in Metal Gear, cyborg ninjas, psychics, and vampires, are you gonna say that Snake doesn't fit in with Metal Gear?
6. Indeed.
He's the perfect Ballot veteran. If Sakurai knows how much we want him back maybe he'll give to Konami's demands.

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Yo!!
I did this pic on Miiverse!
Like the propaganda's old school, SNAAAAKEEEE!!!
Please support
If you want the mii I can send you or post on this thread. :4miibrawl::4mii:

Snake WVW69iYPdugeqM_E9G.jpg

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'm not really expecting much tomorrow besides the Mario Maker stage and maybe some more pointless Mii costumes unless it's something I find really fancy. I do know that I'm gonna have a field day with this.

Nonetheless, keep the support for Snake going strong.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'm not really expecting much tomorrow besides the Mario Maker stage and maybe some more pointless Mii costumes unless it's something I find really fancy. I do know that I'm gonna have a field day with this.

Nonetheless, keep the support for Snake going strong.
Yeah, honestly I'm beginning to have doubts, but at the same, we've had so many misfires (mainly the "collection" 3 which had no characters), that hinting at another collection with no characters would be kinda mean. But I'm not getting my hopes up for anything. I'm just conflicted because on one hand, Sakurai surprised us with Roy and Ryu when Lucas came out and the other hand, maybe we're spoiled for thinking there's something other than this awesome level that the development team put SO much time into. Only time shall tell.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I got my next support image finished! Today's Snake is Naked Snake!

The MGS style text was so hard to replicate accurately with shaky hands xD

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Honestly, when it comes to Smash, I really don't mind being spoiled. If I knew Snake was coming for absolute sure, It'd take away all the stress of not knowing.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I just realized, the fighter DLC and stage DLC have kinda matched--3 returning and 1 new.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
So how do you most often play Metal Gear? Slow and strategic, or go loud and shoot anything that moves?
Very slow and strategic. I also always go for non-lethal runs when I can. It hurts my soul to kill the poor, virtual soldiers ;~;
Plus, it feels pretty freaking cool to single handedly take out patrols of soldiers without permanently harming a single one of them :shades:

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Very slow and strategic. I also always go for non-lethal runs when I can. It hurts my soul to kill the poor, virtual soldiers ;~; Plus, it feels pretty freaking cool to take out patrols of soldiers without permanently harming a single one :shades:
Exactly how I play The Phantom Pain (Save the opening sequence)

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
haven't check on or thought about ballot in awhile, but snake is still my #1.

On a side note, if snake comes back, I think they should replace his up B with the Fulton. It can function the exact same way as the cypher, but i feel the Fulton is much more iconic to the metal gear series now.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
haven't check on or thought about ballot in awhile, but snake is still my #1.

On a side note, if snake comes back, I think they should replace his up B with the Fulton. It can function the exact same way as the cypher, but i feel the Fulton is much more iconic to the metal gear series now.
I could picture a fulton recovery being very fast, very high, but mostly horizontal. It would start with Snake hovering for a second, and then it quickly gains a lot of speed. It would pop if it either reaches it's maximum height, or gets hit by an enemy or projectile.

Last edited:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
How about the Fulton be his final smash. Put someone on a balloon until they float all the way into the upper blast zone. :D

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Exactly how I play The Phantom Pain (Save the opening sequence)
"Kaz I'm already a demon."

Yet you only use tranqs and non lethal takedowns the entire game. If that's a demon then an angel has got to be hell of lot nicer.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
"Kaz I'm already a demon."

Yet you only use tranqs and non lethal takedowns the entire game. If that's a demon then an angel has got to be hell of lot nicer.
Yes, gaming story lines are weird. Maybe there is a god mode where you don't have to attack anyone to finish the game. LOL.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I think the Fulton would be perfect for a custom Up Special, should they ever feel to add those to DLC fighters or Snake gets in a future Smash Bros that has it. t'd be funny if a weaker version of it were his new up throw, similar to lying opponents on the ground for the down throw, that could send opponents upward in a helpless state and Snake could follow up.

No characters, as expected, but at least it kills some more rumors and Snake's chances are no worse off than before. The big day is almost here, let's keep the fight strong!

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So no new characters, as expected. Hopefully we get something soon.

As for for I play MGS, I prefer to sneak around soldiers rather than outright kill them. If I do, I will almost always use a sniper rifle, so I can avoid Alert Mode.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I wasn't expecting a character reveal so it's no big deal.

Saturday is when it all ends and a character reveal is a guarantee. Don't know if it'll exactly be on that day or soon after.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Expected but still ultimately a disappointing update. Even on the balance side.

I always go for a Quick Stealth approach for those ranks. In MGS V's case I get Quiet to scout out areas and give her a silenced Tranq Sniper before infiltrating.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Oh my gosh, the hype for Pirate Ship returning is so huge. Me and my friends always lament that stage's exclusion, and now we don't have to!

If (When) Snake comes back, I can't wait to head over to my friend's house and play his Toon Link on it as Snake. It'll be just like back in Brawl, when I first started playing Smash.

Edits: KimKarsmashian KimKarsmashian https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OCzlFwWDhg <3

Just picked up my first Mii Costume, the Monster Hunter sets! This is the first costumes I've felt they were worth getting. Pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Actually for me today 's update was pretty good. I was expecting only the Mario Maker stage, but I also got the Duck Hunt stage for 3DS (for free, which is very nice), the cool Pirate Ship and also the Suit for the Mii Fighters (that is the costume I always wanted).

Regarding how I play MGS V, I usually true to not kill any guards, so I can recruit them. And when I really need to use a lethal weapon, I try to only hurt them enought for them laying down, so I could try to save them with the Fulton (and they usually survive).
But with the f*****g Skulls I show no mercy.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
My playstyle changes to match the mission, adapting is the best survival method, though I almost always use the same load-out.

I once drove a big truck into a base and backed it up to a higher platform, knocked out every single guard, tossed them all into the back and lifted it out of there. It actually took every last one of them, base secured with a single Fulton extraction.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
In peace walker I farm the save chico mission for the s rank sniper. I have plenty of Fulton mines due to a gift.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I generally try to tranquillize and Fulton everything - it didn't work so well in the early game, since the tranquillizer effect wore off after a while and I didn't have access to Fulton, and I think I might have overdone it, since my base was having to dismiss soldiers before I looked through the list and removed everyone who had nothing but E and D in their stats, but I'd rather not kill people if I can avoid it.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
The DLC thread has gotten pretty personal. Tensions are rising.

With that said, I made some bad Snake Miiverse art. He's hard to draw! But I've got to support my boy

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Here are the results from the EWN poll.

Yes, you're seeing that right Snake IS Number 1!!

Fire Rider

Super Smash Gladiator
Hi guys I have a lot of work on my school and but cannot stop me for support ma boi Snake

This is my mii that I used on my last post... and the august Snake tournament
If you want the mii I can send you or post on this thread. :4miibrawl::4mii:
View attachment 75646
You can use it for support on online matches:
HAA_0083.JPG

HAA_0082.JPG

Also I finded a good article from a fan about how Snake could be well remade for Smash 4, for be more familiar and something like that.
SNAKE VERY LIKELY TO RETURN TO SMASH WITH A SIMILAR MOVESET IF HE MAKES IT
http://a2army.com/snake-likely-to-return-to-smash-with-a-similar-moveset/
Could be in graphics like these one
HD.jpg

Finally you can join to #SNAKE4SMASH Facebook Group and to win more votes for Snake on this last days on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1450431465258998/

EDIT: A really good post from an user called DrScaphandre on youtube @ the Etika Ballot video:
"We need Snake back. Of all the characters that were cut, he was the most unique. He was different, he was a surprise, and a damn good one. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have the Palutena's Guidance Easter eggs. Now more then ever with Konami's fall and Kojima's exile, we need him back. "If we fail, and he dies, we lose our chance at revenge. Put those seven years behind you, and return as Big Boss. That's how Kojima would've wanted it. Now go! Let the legend come back to life!" "

ONLY THREE DAYS MORE! WE CAN GET BACK SNAKE! :snake::shadowmoses:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
By the way guys, if you haven't voted on Etika's poll I'll embed the one containing Snake here for you so you can!

Edit: Well, it's too big for it to embed correctly so I'll just leave the link.
http://strawpoll.me/5619263

Last edited:

Cool Guy 36

Smash Journeyman
Here is the reason why Snake need to return:

Good job guys! Keep up the good work!
Please be aware that the ballot is a suggestion, not a popularity contest.
Get those votes fill up with suggestions and turn every votes in!
Hurry! Only 3 days to vote to bring back the famous third party veteran Snake from Brawl.

Avokha

A+B smash tech is my baby <3
NNID
Avokha00
3DS FC
4914-3109-5720
Suddenly I have every confidence that Snake will make a triumphant return, and will bring someone new with him :)
We are getting at least 2 characters after all

Top Bottom