• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tensions Rising: Revengence.
That being said, what is everyone's favorite MG game?
I don't have a favorite Metal Gear game because Snake Eater is the only game in the series I've ever played. I don't have a PlayStation console to play the other ones and I can't afford one right now.

MrHashshashin

Smash Rookie
I don't have a favorite Metal Gear game because Snake Eater is the only game in the series I've ever played. I don't have a PlayStation console to play the other ones and I can't afford one right now.
If you have a gamecube or backwards compatible wii you can get twin snakes. You can also get metal gear 1 and 2 on eshop and a regular modern pc should be able to handle the pc ports of mgs 1 and 2.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
If you have a gamecube or backwards compatible wii you can get twin snakes. You can also get metal gear 1 and 2 on eshop and a regular modern pc should be able to handle the pc ports of mgs 1 and 2.
MG 1 and 2 are on the eshop?!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The PC has the first Metal Gear Solid and Sons of Liberty?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The PC has the first Metal Gear Solid and Sons of Liberty?
Yeah; I got the PC version of MGS2 shortly after getting the Twin Snakes, though it required a lot of patching (even fan-made patches) to get it to work properly. (I can't remember all of the problems that it had, since it's been years since I played it, but I know that there were a lot of them)

MG 1 and 2 are on the eshop?!
I think they're on the Japanese Wii Shop Channel, since that has MSX games.

Last edited:

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Suddenly I have every confidence that Snake will make a triumphant return, and will bring someone new with him :)
We are getting at least 2 characters after all
It would be SO great if we Snake & Wolf as our last two pre-ballot DLC and then we got a couple of Ballot characters. Wishful thinking really hurts in the long run, though. I still have faith in Sakurai

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It would be SO great if we Snake & Wolf as our last two pre-ballot DLC and then we got a couple of Ballot characters. Wishful thinking really hurts in the long run, though. I still have faith in Sakurai
Snake and Wolf being those last two Mario placeholders makes sense to me since Sakurai himself said a character takes several months to develop and program. I just thought that reserving those two spots for ballot-only characters would be kinda pointless since more can hypothetically be added at any time and for those placeholders to be added that early, perhaps it was reserved for Snake and Wolf and there's nothing in the data hinting it's them or not which suggests to me they could be a complete surprise unlike Royu. It's the best case scenario imo but also wishful thinking. Just hope that is the case really cause it'd take away my worry if they're in or not.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I'm gonna be straight up, here.
I've had an amazing time hanging out with all of you supporters. The war's almost over, guys. Fire forged friends and all that.
I'm almost going to miss all this when the ballot's all said and done. All you guys are my brothers (Sisters!) in arms. Can't wait for the results to drop; I'm feeling pretty confident myself.

It's been nice meeting all of you guys, and sharing the sort of unbridled passion fans of the Metal Gear games seem to possess. Let's get Snake back in, huh? *Salutes*

If Snake doesn't return, I'm likely going to start playing Proj M more seriously than 4. Seems like the entire time 4's been out, I haven't clicked with any cast members (Except maybe Villager). Also probably going to sport that scene from Snake Eater (You know the one, where Snake's saluting as a single tear falls from his eyes) as my profile pic.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
You know, with all the cuts, Sakurai actually did a pretty good job balancing the roster between newcomers and veterans. Mewtwo is the only DLC character I felt was intended for the base game and I think we have him to thank for in terms of DLC anyway. I think he was started on near the end of production (before Dr. Mario, D. Pit and Lucina) and they decided to finish the data and make him DLC.

Roy and Lucas (and I'm hoping Wolf and Snake) were "put aside" per say, and if there was time for their inclusion, they could be included.

Ryu is totally an afterthought. Wasn't thought of until after the announcement of DLC (or Capcom is just persistent enough to beg for a DLC character)

So, I wonder, who's next?

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know, with all the cuts, Sakurai actually did a pretty good job balancing the roster between newcomers and veterans. Mewtwo is the only DLC character I felt was intended for the base game and I think we have him to thank for in terms of DLC anyway. I think he was started on near the end of production (before Dr. Mario, D. Pit and Lucina) and they decided to finish the data and make him DLC.

Roy and Lucas (and I'm hoping Wolf and Snake) were "put aside" per say, and if there was time for their inclusion, they could be included.

Ryu is totally an afterthought. Wasn't thought of until after the announcement of DLC (or Capcom is just persistent enough to beg for a DLC character)

So, I wonder, who's next?
I can see why they are holding off Wolf and Snake. Jesus Christ though, everyone in SmashBase is totally starved of news over concerning the ballot. I mean they announced in April. I mean seriously why the hell hasn't there been a single update on the ballot. We have literally no idea what the hell is going on with it. No confirmed winner, no known cap of selected characters, no way to know how the ballot character(s) are chosen.

The definition of information starved.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We don't even know how voting multiple times from a computer/IP address works - they said "please limit your vote to one per person", and left the option open to vote multiple times regardless. You'd think that would be something that would be cleared up immediately.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Yeah; I got the PC version of MGS2 shortly after getting the Twin Snakes, though it required a lot of patching (even fan-made patches) to get it to work properly. (I can't remember all of the problems that it had, since it's been years since I played it, but I know that there were a lot of them).
Haven't really played PC games in a long time though and I'm pretty skeptical about getting that game because of the fan made patches you mentioned causing problems with it.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I really HATE seeing how perfectly Wolf & Snake could fill those two slots--and yet, it's possible they could be completely ignored. It's like heads or tails, man.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
We pull in votes, recruits, all to combat the Smash Ballot. Rubbing our noses in bloody battlefield dirt, all for revenge...

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I really HATE seeing how perfectly Wolf & Snake could fill those two slots--and yet, it's possible they could be completely ignored. It's like heads or tails, man.
Wolf and Snake would perfectly fit the whole veteran/already created character theme they had going on for pre-ballot. Apparently Ryu wasn't really hard to make because they took his moveset wholesale or something? So the pre-ballot DLC has been pretty low-effort. Even Mewtwo, who had to be made from scratch, already had a moveset made. I imagine the actual planning a moveset part to take a while. Then there's programming the moves in, balancing them with the cast (which all the vets went through).

Lucas would have been the easiest to port, no? Unlike Roy and Mewtwo, his data was just sitting there. So come on, Sakurai. Give us those two Brawl vets (except Pokemon trainer, rest in peace, because the 3DS has really been destroying hopes and dreams this generation).

I'm gonna be really disappointed if Snake doesn't get in... partially because this thread'll get closed and y'all are pretty cool people.

If only the 3DS hadn't killed the Ice Climbers. Ice Climbers + Snake would have made this my favorite roster by far. Maybe next Smash game, everyone will come back, but who knows. Ugh. I just don't want to have the roster playing catch-up to lost veterans forever, ya dig? I want a Smash game that is complete, where I shouldn't have to go back to a previous game to play a character.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
To think, after all these days, months, and years, Snake's fate in Smash 4 will very soon be signaled in the tempest-tost ocean of the Smash Ballot -- and we're all going to cross into this threshold together. It's been an absolutely grand time, everyone!

I've got the utmost confidence in his return; Nintendo approached Konami (in regards to Hudson Soft) in the midst of the latter's public downfall, Snake has consistently been in within the top five of fan-based polls, and lastly, he's a veteran. The theme of (most) of the DLC fighters so far has been letting legends come back to life, so why can't the man who injected so much into the Smash universe return? If those polls and that one retweet with almost 2,000 favorites (retweeted by the man himself) mean anything, it emanates the magnetism that Snake is beloved and sorely missed by many. All of that, I'm sure, had to have been noticed by Sakurai and co. to warrant consideration for Snake's return as DLC. Given how Phantom Pain is a sendoff of the Metal Gear Solid series, it'd be wondrous to see Sakurai give homage to his friend's legacy by letting Snake come back.

Can we talk about just how much has occurred during this movement? Etika made a video based on the Snake amiibo retweeted by Kojima -- ever since, support for Snake has been the strongest I've ever seen. Even now on Twitter, people are hopeful and confident for Snake's return.

This is good, isn't it?

:snake:

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ya'll are quite dramatic, but I guess it comes with MGS territory. Quite dramatic games themselves.

Snake is coming, 95% sure.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Ya'll are quite dramatic, but I guess it comes with MGS territory. Quite dramatic games themselves.

Snake is coming, 95% sure.
Yeah. I've been taking an emotional beating playing MGS4, and coming here all reminiscing over our shared past and reflecting on the end of the ballot feels somber but exciting.

jamesster445

Smash Lord
It's 12 AM, you know what that means?

These next couple of days are going to be the most stressful I'll probably be in all year. Still 3 characters, Snake is one of the most popular if not most popular 3rd party character out there, is a veteran, and unlike say Banjo, had a new installment in his series come out recently like a few weeks ago recently (the fact its practically contending for Game of the Year helps) so he's fresh in the minds of the public.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The extra placeholder slot makes me hopeful. Perhaps a vet and two newcomers or the inverse. Either way, I can definitely see a veteran coming in the next reveal, and apart from Wolf, Snake would generate the most hype.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Yeah it's either going to be 2 Vets 1 Newcomer or 2 Newcomers 1 vet. I personally kind of think it'll be 2 vets though. Makes the most sense to make the old fans happy, and then one new comer that's a big deal.

Also since there are only two stages. It seems guaranteed to me that one vet or new comer already has a stage in the game.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I'd rather I see two veterans and one newcomer since there aren't any new characters besides maybe Issac that I find very appealing to me.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
User was warned for this post
Hey guys....
I thought I should share this with you and offer my sincerest apologies. :( I know I was trolling earlier, but honestly...this is just wrong.
-Content Removed-

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Konami's Twitter shows NOTHING like this, and I have a sincerely hard time believing you believed this and posted it innocently.
If I did post this to troll you guys again, I wouldn't have said anything further on the matter.
I would honestly be happy if Snake got back in.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Given that we just got a substantial content update I suspect we'll be waiting a little while even after the ballot period has ended. We probably won't know about Snake for some time to come.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Of course it is fake. The same account promoted to vote Snake, and not a single official account would use phrases like "Leave us alone" or "Stop asking".
Then the blurriness aroundo the text, and the most obvious one. It's on Twitter, how can it be so damn long when Twitter had a stupid 125 character limit for the posts?!

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Hey guys....
I thought I should share this with you and offer my sincerest apologies. :( I know I was trolling earlier, but honestly...this is just wrong.
If this is your way to get attention by mocking their fans, then you are wasting your mother****in' time. Anyone who does this kind of **** gets no respect from me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom