• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Here's a Comparison of Sheik and Snakes Grenades

It is rather odd that Shiek has a Grenade (Unless their taking form Ninja's in General) But the Grenade's is different

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I honestly can't see snake return in smash 4! As far as we know, Kojima hasn't asked or begged Sakurai for his inclusion in smash 4 and I like to think Kojima got his wish fulfilled with SSBB. Plus it seems to me that with Namco Bandai helping make both versions of smash 4, theres a strong possibility that if we get another third party guy in the game, that space on the roster will go towards either pacman or better yet a well known fighter from Tekken!
Where have you been the past year? Kojima DID ask Sakurai to put Snake in on a twitch stream, and MAYBE even in person. Sakurai stated that he won't include fighters that mainly appear in fighting games (i.e. Ryu) so no Tekken. And Pac Man is very likely, but what's wrong with 4 third party characters?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
I think I can pretty safely say that Snake is my most wanted character for SSB4. Brawl was my gateway to the whole Metal Gear series, and I've never looked back. Plus he has one of the most unique playstyles in any fighting game ever and is just a blast to use. Despite the numerous arguments for/against that have been discussed in this thread, I have enough faith in Sakurai, Nintendo, and Kojima to say that the issue would not be with any of them if he were to not return. It all hinges on Konami, and given that Konami has been pretty stupid and careless in general for the last couple of years, they could very well **** this up too.

If he does return, I'd definitely like to see more of a Snake Eater presence, since that remains the best game in the series and was the most recent to appear on a Nintendo console. A Big Boss/Naked Snake alt is a must obviously, but an assist trophy of literally any character from that game (seriously, I'd settle for Sokolov) would be cool too. I guess Ocelot would probably be most likely but I would **** an entire brick chimney if The Boss got an assist trophy. I can also think of numerous stages, the field of flowers where you fight The Boss is probably the most iconic, but I could see Groznyj Grad or the wooden bridge where you first meet the Cobras working as stages too. And goddammit if it's Keifer Sutherland and not David Hayter, I swear to god...

Here's some roster icons for your pleasure:

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The biggest tragedy would be getting the instrumental version of Snake Eater AGAIN

God damn, that was cold.

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
And then every song with vocals in smash bros 4 ends up an instrumental.

WE WERE PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE!

And the whole cannibalism on move sets and items in nonsense.
I very much agree.

Last edited:

lami

Smash Journeyman
Snake's new stage will be the giant-ass ladder from MGS3, with ONLY Snake Eater (Non-Instrumental) playing. There will be no fighting, but will resemble a Mario Party minigame where you have to climb the ladder the fastest.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
A snake eater 3D stage would be ideal for the 3DS version. I mentioned it in the stage thread, but i think graznygrad would be the best choice.

But yes vocal's for the snake eater theme are a must this time around (hell id put up my own money to make it happen). I think peacewalker has a good number of songs that could work as well like heavens divide, or love deterrent.

----
I actually had a dream we got a snake reveal on a jumbotron at a random event. It was all gameplay though, but he was there and intermixed with all the other characters (although he had some strange sneaking suit id never seen before). I recall trying to find a computer to rejoice on here with you guys when i heard, but i couldnt find one and then i woke up lol. It might have been a dream, but the joy was real.

---
I also saw this awesome piece of artwork that is based off of ground zeroes and it gives it a bit of a lighter tone, just to show anyone that thinks hes too dark for this games art/graphical design.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
What about stages for the Wii U version? I'm thinking Shadow Moses for Wii U.

Also, what new assist trophies or items would you like to see?
The thing I like most about this picture is the fact that the artist drew all the characters with their fingers off the trigger. The thing that irks me is this, "Where's the Headband?!?!?"

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

The thing I like most about this picture is the fact that the artist drew all the characters with their fingers off the trigger. The thing that irks me is this, "Where's the Headband?!?!?"
He doesn't wear it in Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain.
Sux but oh well.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Yeah. An Updated Shadow Moses on Wii U and for the 3DS Rokovoj Bereg where Naked Snake and The Boss Fought.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That could work, but id like to see a new location. Id prefer mother base, but something from MGS4 like on top of outer haven could be cool too

Heres what i had for AT in the other thread

Since i doubt anyone has done it, ill throw out some metal gear AT's for the heck of it.

---

The Pain - Appears upon release with a swarm of hornets, which he will unleash upon the enemy

hilarity ensues

------
Psycho Mantis - Would cause various affects to each enemy, including reversed controls, or even a loss control altogether, etc.

-----
Raiden - Pretty much appears and is about the same as grey fox's AT from brawl

although an updated grey fox can appear very rarely

I know but I still like the headband.
With sakurai adding his own touches and details to these characters like samus and her shoes, i would think hed work snakes headband back in anyway, and in that case it would pretty much just be peace walkers design exactly.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
That could work, but id like to see a new location. Id prefer mother base, but something from MGS4 like on top of outer haven could be cool too

Heres what i had for AT in the other thread

With sakurai adding his own touches and details to these characters like samus and her shoes, i would think hed work snakes headband back in anyway, and in that case it would pretty much just be peace walkers design exactly.
True. I really like the Psycho Mantis AT Idea.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Why? This is Big Boss. He should have never had it on the first place.
I don't mind it being gone at all and I agree that Bandana he got from The Boss was an unnecessary plot item.
It does kinda make him look less iconic without it.
Of course like you said it is Big Boss so I don't mind it being gone.
Now if Solid Snake didn't wear it then I'd be PISSED.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't mind it being gone at all and I agree that Bandana he got from The Boss was an unnecessary plot item.
It does kinda make him look less iconic without it.
Of course like you said it is Big Boss so I don't mind it being gone.
Now if Solid Snake didn't wear it then I'd be PISSED.
More than anything it was basically the physical item that bridged his transition from snake to big boss, and his final attachment to the boss and his past. Although we know that with ground zeroes and punished snake it may only have been one step, and he still has further to go.

I dont think he would appear without the bandana, it definitely makes his profile more interesting especially when its blowing in the wind.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I was thinking of taunt where snake smokes a cig. But would that affect the rating wouldnt it?
Well in ghost babel, snake was smoking in the intro and that game got an E rating.
And in monster hunter, the village cheif is smoking.
It seems like a good taunt but I doubt sakurai would use it.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well i made a slightly altered big boss one for him in my thread, but for the most part he wouldnt really need any huge changes IMO.
I like your idea and all but more likely Big Boss will be an Alt. Costume for Solid Snake

What is stopping Sakurai from giving Snake his Knife or Traqullizer Gun?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I like your idea and all but more likely Big Boss will be an Alt. Costume for Solid Snake
Im sure at this point kojima would push for naked snake, but if he didnt a costume would be fine. And the knife and tranq gun go against sakurai's philosphy of realistic weapons, or weapons that are outside of what he views for the series, so bullet based ones and knives (swords are fine though).

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Im sure at this point kojima would push for naked snake, but if he didnt a costume would be fine. And the knife and tranq gun go against sakurai's philosphy of realistic weapons, or weapons that are outside of what he views for the series, so bullet based ones and knives (swords are fine though).
I don't see the big deal about the knife. I wouldn't care if Naked Snake was in but wouldn't his brawl counterpart a hybrid of both Solid and Naked?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I don't see the big deal about the knife. I wouldn't care if Naked Snake was in but wouldn't his brawl counterpart a hybrid of both Solid and Naked?
I dont either, but it along with small firearms could be associated with street violence or weapons children could get a hold of i suppose. The brawl snake did have aspects of both, but he was solid in design and nearly everything else including his cast of characters. The way id want it wouldnt change much other then his apearrence a few of his weapons, and his crew again, he would still go by snake since the one from brawl never had the solid title present.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I dont either, but it along with small firearms could be associated with street violence or weapons children could get a hold of i suppose. The brawl snake did have aspects of both, but he was solid in design and nearly everything else including his cast of characters. The way id want it wouldnt change much other then his apearrence a few of his weapons, and his crew again, he would still go by snake since the one from brawl never had the solid title present.[/quote
You had on you Big Boss for SSB4 you know Solid and Naked can share the same weapons. What would you change about snake weapon wise

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You had on you Big Boss for SSB4 you know Solid and Naked can share the same weapons. What would you change about snake weapon wise
im not sure what you mean. Do you mean how would i change solid snakes weapons from something different then he has now? Or what i would change it to if he was naked snake instead? Because i only slightly changed a few on there which are in the 1st post.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
im not sure what you mean. Do you mean how would i change solid snakes weapons from something different then he has now? Or what i would change it to if he was naked snake instead? Because i only slightly changed a few on there which are in the 1st post.
I'm Talking about Solid

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Naked Snake would probably just be an alt. costume for Solid Snake or vice versa. They would probably share the same moveset.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I hope Shiek getting nades isn't an indication that Snake isn't coming back. I think he's a great character and he was definitely a unique addition to Brawl. Yay, 500th post.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord

Apparently they left out guns so the game's rating wouldn't go up, but I don't think having a tranquilizer gun constitutes an M game.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Here's a Comparison of Sheik and Snakes Grenades

It is rather odd that Shiek has a Grenade (Unless their taking form Ninja's in General) But the Grenade's is different
I think Shiek having grenades is more akin to how ninja used to a weapon called a smoke bomb. Another thing I noticed is that Shiek also has absurdly tight butt cheeks, just like Snake.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm Talking about Solid
hmm hard to say, i think other then upgrading or switching out his tech its hard to choose which artillery to choose from that would fit and follow sakurais rules. I think he has the best possible at the moment, all represent him pretty well. Although a chaff grenade might be cool to perhaps disrupt certain beams and machinery.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
E3 is Snake's only chance at this point, and I'm starting to have doubts.
It's actually seeming more and more likely to me what is making you doubt?
This is the perfect time because some (very few mind you) tournament players are Snake mains so it's only natural for those people to be able to play with their main character.
That's the way I look at it at least.

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I thought Snake was really unique in Brawl, I'd love to see him back. Plus, playing or even watching Snake is ridiculously fun.

Top Bottom