• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
With Nairo being picked up my Team Liquid, it makes me wish there was a Smasher called "Snake" who was sponsored by them. So they would literally be Liquid | Snake.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
With Nairo being picked up my Team Liquid, it makes me wish there was a Smasher called "Snake" who was sponsored by them. So they would literally be Liquid | Snake.
I like the way you think.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I'm just posting this for speculation and just general discussion. I doubt if it real but it's of major interest now with a company like Namco in play for MG series in general

It's from 4chan so take that as you will
View attachment 67795
I know we've done moved on from this but i would like to say...
Metal Gear Solid is Konami's #1 selling ip, it's there bread and butter! Without Metal Gear Konami would not probably be standing as a company right now! Whenever I hear the word ''Konami" i instantly think of Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania. Metal Gear is all Konami has going for them, Castlevania isn't as popular as it once was! I'm sure you guys have heard what and all Konami's been doing to there employees it's a disgrace. I didn't expect them to sell of the IP (wouldn't make much sense!) After MGS5 Big Boss and Solid Snake's timeline is pretty much complete right?

My favorite moment in MGS is probably... this is a tough one..
#1. Gray Fox's Death and Sniper Wolf's death
#2. Solid Snake chases Liquid Ocelot and Metal Gear Ray
#3. Naked Snake and the butterfly...

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I know we've done moved on from this but i would like to say...
Metal Gear Solid is Konami's #1 selling ip, it's there bread and butter! Without Metal Gear Konami would not probably be standing as a company right now! Whenever I hear the word ''Konami" i instantly think of Metal Gear Solid and Castlevania. Metal Gear is all Konami has going for them, Castlevania isn't as popular as it once was! I'm sure you guys have heard what and all Konami's been doing to there employees it's a disgrace. I didn't expect them to sell of the IP (wouldn't make much sense!) After MGS5 Big Boss and Solid Snake's timeline is pretty much complete right?

My favorite moment in MGS is probably... this is a tough one..
#1. Gray Fox's Death and Sniper Wolf's death
#2. Solid Snake chases Liquid Ocelot and Metal Gear Ray
#3. Naked Snake and the butterfly...
I've never heard about this before. Guess Konami really is done for. Does help Snake's chances to be Smash dlc.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I don't have many favorite moments, since I've only played TTS, and I haven't even completed it yet. For me it would be the Psycho Mantis boss fight, Sniper Wolf round 2, and her death scene. Psycho Mantis was so engaging, dynamic, and unique for a boss. Sniper Wolf was an intense and captivating fight, and her death was gripping and heartbreaking.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
If it were true, that could also mean a long wait for Snake in Smash.
If that leak is real, I would imagine Konami has even more of a reason to include Snake in Sm4sh to bolster sales before they sell of the series to Namco.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
No idea who she is until I saw her profile page, which could explain why. She hasn't been around in almost a year.
Yup.. She was our first female supporter.. How long have you been supporting Snake?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
A little late in throwing my two cents in on the Metal Gear ip shifting hands, but here it is. Honestly I don't think that this is a good thing for his chances here. A massive IP like that shifting hands while this is all going on might be a spot of trouble. But on the flipside, I think it would be MUCH easier to get Snake into Smash after the ip is secured.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The IP would be in reliable hands.

Bandai Namco would treat the IP far better than Konami treats everything right now.

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
The IP would be in reliable hands.

Bandai Namco would treat the IP far better than Konami treats everything right now.
Definitely, I agree with you there. I'm actually really glad NB is getting it.
But I'm just curious on how MG shifting hands currently will affect him getting into Smash. I don't pretend to know much about how all of that's going to play out, but I'm still on the fence about whether it'll change anything when it comes to him getting in right now.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Whatever gets him into Smash Bros, I'm all for it. But if this change of hands is true, I wonder what will become of other Konami IPs, I'd hate to see Castlevania and Bomberman just fall of the face of the earth.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Just for information, has Bandai Namco ever done something sinilar to MGS? Like a stealth game or a militaristic one? Because everything that comes in my mind when I think to Bandai Namco are :4pacman:, Tales of, Tekken, Sould Calibourn and tons of anime licensed games (which some are pretty good while others are terrible).

I admit it, I don't follow them that much.

EDIT: I also think to Project Treasure...I'm the only one who remembers it and is hyped about it?

Last edited:

jamesster445

Smash Lord
Whatever gets him into Smash Bros, I'm all for it. But if this change of hands is true, I wonder what will become of other Konami IPs, I'd hate to see Castlevania and Bomberman just fall of the face of the earth.
I really hope bomberman doesn't end up being an erotic pachinko machine the way Castlevania is now.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
So while looking through google images, I found this picture that gives a nice idea on how Snake would look next to other characters. (Yes, I know this is fake, I didn't believe it when I first saw it.)

It reassures me that Snake actually does fit in well next to the other characters in Smash 4's art style. It also makes me now want this as his default skin.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
So while looking through google images, I found this picture that gives a nice idea on how Snake would look next to other characters. (Yes, I know this is fake, I didn't believe it when I first saw it.)

It reassures me that Snake actually does fit in well next to the other characters in Smash 4's art style. It also makes me now want this as his default skin.
It's been mentioned before but If snake came in with a Big Boss alt that would be amazing.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I legit started playing MGS3D yesterday. It was like 80% cutscene and 20% gameplay, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, I think. I'm still chilling in the crocodile swamp because I'm terrified of having to sneak past people and I want to get used to the controls. But that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting because I just died when I saw this Yoshi. (this isn't the actual location but it's the best picture I could find)

Clearly more evidence that Snake belongs in Smash. Yoshi's already sneaking into his games, trying to steal his spotlight. Or non-spotlight, since you're supposed to be all sneaky. Who says he doesn't fit in?

For those of you who have voted in the ballot, what reasons did you give for him? I'm curious because I've been repeating the same stuff the 3 different times I've voted and I want to know what stuff other people have been playing.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

That's from the E3 and Best Buy build of Smash to boot.

lol

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I legit started playing MGS3D yesterday. It was like 80% cutscene and 20% gameplay, but I'm starting to get the hang of it, I think. I'm still chilling in the crocodile swamp because I'm terrified of having to sneak past people and I want to get used to the controls. But that's not why I'm posting. I'm posting because I just died when I saw this Yoshi. (this isn't the actual location but it's the best picture I could find)

Clearly more evidence that Snake belongs in Smash. Yoshi's already sneaking into his games, trying to steal his spotlight. Or non-spotlight, since you're supposed to be all sneaky. Who says he doesn't fit in?

For those of you who have voted in the ballot, what reasons did you give for him? I'm curious because I've been repeating the same stuff the 3 different times I've voted and I want to know what stuff other people have been playing.
This post reminds me of a T-shirt I came across in a mall yesterday (which is completely unrelated to the story I posted a couple days ago).
upload_2015-8-13_16-56-16.jpeg

I was joking with my brother about how this was the "Limited Edition MGS3D Yoshi T-Shirt"

Edit: I voted for Snake because I love his personality, I love his games, and I love his playstyle. I also felt that he added a lot of diversity to the Smash. If he is added as DLC, the roster would feel a lot more fleshed out.

This isn't exactly how I wrote it in the ballot, but those are some of the main reasons for me.

Last edited:

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866

Oh yeah, there's A LOT of these Yoshi statue's in the game. It was something else in other versions of the game, (I think it was a dragon?) but for the 3DS version, they were replaced by Yoshi. You get a Yoshi themed camo if you shoot all of them.

There's a similar cameo in Twin Snakes, where there's a Mario and Yoshi Statue in the game. Fun fact about Twin Snakes, Miyamoto oversaw the project with Kojima. It was Nintendo who asked for a Metal Gear game in the first place.

For your question regarding the ballot, I wrote about how Snake was a well beloved icon in gaming and in Brawl. I added how his moveset was also very interesting, and that he fits well among the other 3rd party characters.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037

That MGS3 remake was the first in the series I've ever played. I literally spent like 300 hours on it, mainly to complete the challenges. I enjoyed it a lot even though the frame rate was just horrible.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, there's A LOT of these Yoshi statue's in the game. It was something else in other versions of the game, (I think it was a dragon?) but for the 3DS version, they were replaced by Yoshi. You get a Yoshi themed camo if you shoot all of them.

There's a similar cameo in Twin Snakes, where there's a Mario and Yoshi Statue in the game. Fun fact about Twin Snakes, Miyamoto oversaw the project with Kojima. It was Nintendo who asked for a Metal Gear game in the first place.

For your question regarding the ballot, I wrote about how Snake was a well beloved icon in gaming and in Brawl. I added how his moveset was also very interesting, and that he fits well among the other 3rd party characters.

These frogs called Kerotans were used in the other versions. Changing the Kerotans to Yoshis was a nice touch.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
Glad to see someone jumping into the series. I firmly believe that MGS3 is the best jumping on point for newcomers. Gives them a cohesive story they can understand without playing the other games, Naked Snake and the rest of the cast are characters you can easily get attached to, and the gameplay is some of the best of the series in my opinion. Lets them get into Metal Gear without having to play the admittedly clunky MGS1. (MGS1 is my third favorite of the series, not hating. :b:) Or having to play the originals if they're not into that style of game.

Metal Gear controls are always wonky when you first start playing them, but they get to be second nature after a while. Have a blast surviving in the jungle.

Side note this thing is terrifying why does it exist :lick:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Anyone hate how in Brawl, everyone complained about 3rd party characters being in Smash, yet now the ones who didn't like them in Brawl want a ton of them now? Atleast the Snake and Sonic fans had no problems, along with Megaman, Pacman, and Street Fighter fans.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well, I did start peace walker recently. I got my brother to help me via coop even though he doesn't like metal gear. It was pretty fun, and he thought so too.

Last edited:

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'm really proud of myself for rescuing Sokolov. Even if I did it on Super Weenie Baby Hut Jr. mode. I've only ever really played platformers and RPGs, so I don't have much experience with this sort of game. I'm also a wimp, so I turned off the blood effect and only used the EZ gun. But I didn't fall off the bridge, which I did on the demo version, so I'm satisfied.

The Snake Eater theme is about to play. I heard someone sing it at karaoke a few days ago, so it must be fate~ to hear it again so soon.

Everyone who wants a 3rd party now should be thanking Snake, charitably opening the way for the lessors to paticipate in Smash while educating lost souls like me. Truly a saint. :drshrug: (hoping nobody thinks I'm being serious and gets offended)

Knux27

Smash Journeyman
Well, I did start peace walker recently. I got my brother to help me via coop even though he doesn't like metal gear. It was pretty fun, and he thought so too.
I suppose I should share my MGS story as well. I had heard of MGS years before I'd played it, mostly through magazines. I sort of knew what to expect, but MGS can not be conveyed in words. It is a true masterpiece. When the MGS3 3D demo launched on the North American eShop, it was the 3rd demo on the eShop. Resident Evil Revealations and Nintendogs + Cats were the previous two demos. Why do I remember this? Well, the 30 uses thing sorta made the first few demos that came out memorable for some reason to me. And it is the only demo that I actually played for over 30 hours. I poured over 30 hours into the 3DS demo, and I loved it. I learned the basics of gameplay through trial and error. I personally enjoyed sniping the radios and then watching the guard just try to call for back up.

Overall, I've poured over 200 hours into MGS3, and can proudly say I did a Foxhound Rank Run on a New 3DS XL, which is quite a pain with that C Stick. I personally preferred the regular 3DS with the circle pad pro for Snake Eater. I could go on and on talking about my time in MGS3, its my favorite MGS game. My personal favorite run I've done besides the Foxhound Run I did, and pulling off my no kill no alert run for the first time was when I did a No Kill No Alert Tux, Tranq and 1911 only run.

To Peace Walker, this game is an absolute blast as a co-op experience. My best friend and I each got into Metal Gear at around the same time, and we made sure to wait until we could play through the game together. We also played it the way it was intended to play as Multiplayer. I brought my PS3 over to his house, and we shared the same couch as we played through Peace Walker together, two PS3's on the same wifi, with TV's right next to each other. We marathon'ed the entire main campaign up until the credits role. We recently came back to the game, under the same conditions, and finished the post credit content on his file(I had already beat it on my game). Also unlocked the Patriot, Bandana and Stealth Camo together, and it was quite fun.

I honestly hope TPP will have a Co-Op mode similar to PW. If so, then I know who will be my partner throughout the whole game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm really proud of myself for rescuing Sokolov. Even if I did it on Super Weenie Baby Hut Jr. mode. I've only ever really played platformers and RPGs, so I don't have much experience with this sort of game. I'm also a wimp, so I turned off the blood effect and only used the EZ gun. But I didn't fall off the bridge, which I did on the demo version, so I'm satisfied.

The Snake Eater theme is about to play. I heard someone sing it at karaoke a few days ago, so it must be fate~ to hear it again so soon.

Everyone who wants a 3rd party now should be thanking Snake, charitably opening the way for the lessors to paticipate in Smash while educating lost souls like me. Truly a saint. :drshrug: (hoping nobody thinks I'm being serious and gets offended)
They should also thank Sonic for continuing Snake's 3rd party legacy.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually enjoying the game, so hopefully I'll understand more about the series and character I'm campaigning for as opposed to just recalling "he was cool in Brawl." I'll withdraw for now, don't want this to become a liveblog of my MGS progress.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
MGS3 is a very open ended game in terms of gameplay. The only thing in common with all of my playthroughs is that they are all no-kill runs (I don't like killing people in video games when I have the option). But every play through i've done, i've discovered something completely new in the game, along with finding new paths to take. It makes every playthrough feel fresh.

Also, I can't wait to outfit all my deadly soldiers with tranq guns in TPP :laugh:

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
In my opinion, a lot of reasons people use for not wanting Snake don't have all that good reasoning to them.

He adds more to the game than he takes away...I know that sounds like an obvious statement. But he's got a unique personality, moveset, and universe that he brings to the game. It's not just a character you remove.

Top Bottom