• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
I wasn't trying to convince anyone that TTS is non-canon, sorry for any confusion. I was just joking about how TTS could be perceived.

On the topic of Smash 4, I've been thinking about Snake's design. Do you guys think that Snake's face should stay more "realistic" if he comes back, or should it be slightly modified to look a bit more "cartoony". I'm not saying that Snake's design should look super cartoony, but maybe it could be adjusted to around Smash 4's Zero Suit Samus level cartoony.

Personally, I don't think Snake needs to look more cartoony, it's a crossover fighting game, and Snake's established design would just help add some diversity to the roster. But to be honest, Snake's design isn't really super realistic anyway. Though I wouldn't mind if his design was altered slightly, it could look pretty cool.
The closest I could see happening is making his colors more vibrant, Ala Ganondorf. There's nothing else about his design that would seem out of place anyway.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
The closest I could see happening is making his colors more vibrant, Ala Ganondorf. There's nothing else about his design that would seem out of place anyway.

After coming across this picture of an HD Brawl mod, I'm convinced that you're right. The lighting's a bit strong in the picture, but other than that, this looks like it could fit in perfectly in Smash 4.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
His eyes are a little weird though. I think they're too...Shiny?
It's probably just the custom lighting acting very unrealistically around the eyes. It's just the Brawl model in hd with higher textures and improved lighting. If Snake was to return, his model would be re-touched or completely re-done. So his eyes shouldn't look weird in Smash 4.

Other than that, it looks pretty good and gives us a slight idea about how Snake would look in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Damn. After seeing the Brawl Stream at Super Smash Con, I really want to play Brawl again. Now that PM has died down, I'm hoping that the Smash community revives the Brawl scene again. It has its merits as a competitive game and I enjoy watching more than Smash 4. How about you guys?

chuckthesmashlover

Smash Journeyman
Damn. After seeing the Brawl Stream at Super Smash Con, I really want to play Brawl again. Now that PM has died down, I'm hoping that the Smash community revives the Brawl scene again. It has its merits as a competitive game and I enjoy watching more than Smash 4. How about you guys?
I really don't see the problem with Brawl. I think it's a good game.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Smash 4 will automatically be better than Brawl if Snake returns.

Well known fact.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Brawl has Snake and an adventure mode, its obviously the best :p

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Sm4sh is currently the second best Smash game in the series in my opinion (after Smash 64). Brawl was still a great game since it does have a story mode, Wolf and, of course, Snake. Would've been better than great if not for the random tripping mechanic.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Are we diving back into the realistic argument again? -__-
Nope, just discussing if his design is fine how it is, or if it should be slightly altered. Realistic or not, his design still fits in fine for a crossover fighting game. I just brought up the topic because I was thinking about what Snake could look like if he was made to look a slight bit more "cartoonish".

Although now that I think of it, I think everyone would obviously like it better if Snake was re-designed into looking like this:

Behold the realism

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I still would like to see Snake back in Sm4sh despite whether or not he fits in well with the games' cartoonish art style. That's just me, of course.
Nope, just discussing if his design is fine how it is, or if it should be slightly altered. Realistic or not, his design still fits in fine for a crossover fighting game. I just brought up the topic because I was thinking about what Snake could look like if he was made to look a slight bit more "cartoonish".

Although now that I think of it, I think everyone would obviously like it better if Snake was re-designed into looking like this:

Behold the realism
That **** is as real as it gets.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I liked his Brawl design alot, The mixture of Big Boss/ Solid Snake. You think it's possibly for Snake to get a whole new redesign like Roy did?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I liked his Brawl design alot, The mixture of Big Boss/ Solid Snake. You think it's possibly for Snake to get a whole new redesign like Roy did?
Maybe they should have him use his design based off on Guns of the Patriots while maintaining his younger look. It'll also be nice if they put in Big Boss as an alternative character for him, like with Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr./Koopalings.
I have ground zeroes now!
Wish I had a Playstation 4 right now so I could get that game, but I can't afford it unfortunately

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
It was mentioned several dozen pages ago, but in light of the Snake vs Sam Fisher Death Battle, Snake should have his Brawl look with the Solid Eye.

It looks cooler.

PF9

Smash Lord
Another major reason Snake should come back? He was one of the first characters announced for Brawl back in 2006, and was the very first third-party ever to be confirmed for a Smash game. To me, that carries just as much weight as being one of the original 12.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Maybe they should have him use his design based off on Guns of the Patriots while maintaining his younger look. It'll also be nice if they put in Big Boss as an alternative character for him, like with Olimar/Alph and Bowser Jr./Koopalings.
Sakurai would have to make Big Boss a full fledged character :smash: (I'm only kidding that would be awesome) I see the point your getting at with his Guns of Patriots look, I just think the Sons of Liberty's Sneaking Suit and the facial features of Naked Snake (Big Boss) was his best look. They should take his other sneaking suits from other games and either make them into recolors or alts.

It was mentioned several dozen pages ago, but in light of the Snake vs Sam Fisher Death Battle, Snake should have his Brawl look with the Solid Eye.

It looks cooler.
I think that would be a neat addition to add his Solid Eye into the game!

I think if Snake wasn't going to be into the game by now Sakurai would of gave us a reason on why they removed him, he hasn't yet so that's a good thing!

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029

It looks cooler.
That was a cool battle. Generally the series is hit and miss.

As for costumes, Snake should just have a different uniform for each one.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Another major reason Snake should come back? He was one of the first characters announced for Brawl back in 2006, and was the very first third-party ever to be confirmed for a Smash game. To me, that carries just as much weight as being one of the original 12.
Nothing carries the same weight as being an OG 12, but I agree that it's high up there.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I just got a really stupid idea for a Snake reveal trailer. What if the trailer starts off with Snake in the Raikov Mask before he reveals himself, just to get a "rise" out of fans who were ticked about the whole Raiden Situation in MGS2.

Plus, the Raikov mask could be used in one of Snake's alts. I never thought of it before, but now I really want it in an alt!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

It looks cooler.
The character I want to win usually loses, but for once they actually won.

Goku> Superman for life

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I just got a really stupid idea for a Snake reveal trailer. What if the trailer starts off with Snake in the Raikov Mask before he reveals himself, just to get a "rise" out of fans who were ticked about the whole Raiden Situation in MGS2.

Plus, the Raikov mask could be used in one of Snake's alts. I never thought of it before, but now I really want it in an alt!
Oh yeah. It's such a stupid idea, I like it. :awesome:

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Wish I had a Playstation 4 right now so I could get that game, but I can't afford it unfortunately
GZ is also on PS3, whih is very affordable at the moment. Actually the PS3 is the best console for Metal Gear Solid, since it have all the canonical games (except Portable Ops, but it is the least important of the canonical).

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
GZ is also on PS3, whih is very affordable at the moment. Actually the PS3 is the best console for Metal Gear Solid, since it have all the canonical games (except Portable Ops, but it is the least important of the canonical).
Maybe I could get a PS3 for my brother-in-law and get all the Metal Gear Solid games available for it. He seems to have a PS Vita from what I can tell but all he does with it is watch videos or whatever.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Playing the series in Chronological Order for MGSS5. (I did them in release order for 4)

Should be able to finish off MGS3 tonight or tomorrow. I would like to play Portable Ops - but do not have a PSP

Peacewalker should go fast because I can blow through that game with my gear. Then taking it back to Zeroes before 5.

This shall be followed by MG, MG2, MGS, MGS2, MGS4 and Mayhaps MGRR. I will most likely take breaks though as Fallout 4 and further Smash DLC will interfere with this lol - the important thing to me is getting to a good place for 5, which should be easier without PO unfortunately.

ikke471

The artsy ikke
NNID
ikke471
3DS FC
3695-0085-7971
bit off topic but I found this pretty funny and I thought you guys could appreciate it as well

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
He was probably planned to be the only one since Sonic was a last-minute addition.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I feel like the only person that thinks we won't get other character alts with the DLC. We didn't get Ken/Guile/others with Ryu. The closest was that one Lucas alt that looked like Claus.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
I think the Brawl design is the best, all they have to do is touch it up a bit for HD. A couple skins with an eyepatch for Big Boss would be nice though.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
He was probably planned to be the only one since Sonic was a last-minute addition.
Actually, Sonic was planned from the beginning of Brawl's development, but SEGA was against his inclusion. Just after a long trattactive (and seeing the fan request), Sonic was able to join the frame, but it's true that Snake was almost going to be the only TP in Smash.

KimKarsmashian

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I bit the bullet and bought MGS: SE 3D today, I hope I don't fail miserably at my first MGS game.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Welp, I bit the bullet and bought MGS: SE 3D today, I hope I don't fail miserably at my first MGS game.
If you have a New 3ds or a circle pad pro, I highly recommend using the second analog stick. It makes the 3ds version the best controlling version of MGS3. The controls might take a bit to get used to with the face buttons, but it should be manageable.

While on the topic of MGS3D, I believe that it's the most underrated version of MGS3. Between the new content, re-touched graphics, new gameplay features, and improved controls, I can't see myself going back to any of the other versions. I also love how they redid the inventory on the touch screen, it's much more manageable than on the other versions. The only thing holding it back is the frame rate issues and the missing bonus features. I still don't know how they managed to fit the entire game on a 4gb cartridge.

I just wish that Konami would have also brought MGS2 to the 3ds like they said they might years ago.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
bit off topic but I found this pretty funny and I thought you guys could appreciate it as well
I normally hate the "Straight Outta" meme that's trending. Not going to lie i literately died of laughter just now!

König Nickerchen

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KoenigNickerchen
Okay guys this is my final piece before I go to bed.
I really don´t like Snake but I found this.

Maybe it´s fake or not, I hope so, I want Wolf in Smash not Snake.
Good Night everybody and nice dreams.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys this is my final piece before I go to bed.
I really don´t like Snake but I found this.

Maybe it´s fake or not, I hope so, I want Wolf in Smash not Snake.
Good Night everybody and nice dreams.
The model is just an un-edited brawl model, the angle of the pose is poor, and you can see a boarder around Snake. It's definitely fake. But to be honest, I miss coming across leaks like this. I like seeing the creativity of Smash fans.

Top Bottom