• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
How would you guys go about with releasing a stage for Snake if he returned?

Personally, I would bring Shadow Moses Island to the 3DS (because of the Guidance on the Wii U and hopefully with updated clips for characters not in Brawl) and have a brand new MG stage on the Wii U.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
How would you guys go about with releasing a stage for Snake if he returned?

Personally, I would bring Shadow Moses Island to the 3DS (because of the Guidance on the Wii U and hopefully with updated clips for characters not in Brawl) and have a brand new MG stage on the Wii U.
I'd love that! I doubt it, though, sadly. If the Ryu DLC is anything to go by, if Snake is included he will probably get Shadow Moses on both systems.

Maybe the Codecs are what's taking him so long to release! I hadn't though of that before but, hey, you never know.

Also, Hi, @Thebluecomet.

Edit: So I noticed something weird while watching the E3 stuff on The Phantom Pain. The trailer itself has the FOX logo with nothing plastered on it, an obvious reference to the liquidation of Kojima Productions. But, in the gameplay demo it clearly shows the Kojima Production logo... So, is Kojima Productions liquidated or not...?

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Edit: So I noticed something weird while watching the E3 stuff on The Phantom Pain. The trailer itself has the FOX logo with nothing plastered on it, an obvious reference to the liquidation of Kojima Productions. But, in the gameplay demo it clearly shows the Kojima Production logo... So, is Kojima Productions liquidated or not...?
They were liquidated, alright.

A nuke was launched at their headquarters by Outer Haven, comandeered by Liquid Ocelot. :cheep:

>lame

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I figured. Personally, I would be fine with SMI on both versions.

It would be cool to see pre-existing and new codecs for both characters in and not in Brawl but with Nintendo not even bringing back the VA's for Pit, Paltuena, and Virdi to do the Guidance for Mewtwo, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu, I have a feeling they might just do something like having the codecs for all the characters in Brawl and for characters that weren't in the game, the codec would cease to work.

KevN くコ:彡

Smash Journeyman
I liked Shadow Moses, and if Snake does come back, I hope they also bring back the stage.

And the codec has to come back if Snake returns. That was one of my favorite things in Brawl. And just imagine Palutena hijacking Snakes codec like Peppy did.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We'd probably get the "Intruder from another dimension" guidance. But I hope they give a unique one to snake. There is so much they could do on his guidance.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I don't have high hopes for much additional content based on the current DLC. Personally I think the current offerings are very lacking (charging extra for included stages, lack of customs, lack of additional trophies, no guidance conversations etc.) considering their price. I really doubt codecs will happen, or at least additional codecs for new characters.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Maybe eventually when more DLC characters come they will record lines for guidences for them.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I liked Shadow Moses, and if Snake does come back, I hope they also bring back the stage.

And the codec has to come back if Snake returns. That was one of my favorite things in Brawl. And just imagine Palutena hijacking Snakes codec like Peppy did.
It would be great if they decided on all the ballot characters in October so they can go ahead and record all the guidance's and codecs (provided Snake makes it in the game).

I would also love to see the interactions between Snake and Palutena (forgot how to spell her name lol). Palutena could have a cameo in the codec and Snake can have a cameo in the guidance.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
I think it's safe to assume that Snake's crazy disjointed hitboxes will be nerfed, and the lack of chaingrabs would also nerf him a bit. Other than the hitboxes and chaingrabs, I think Snake will stay mostly similar to how he is in Brawl. Personally, I would like to see Snake come back slightly lighter and faster. The whole "heavy character" thing Snake had going on in Brawl didn't really feel very stealthy. Though Snake's mindgames with his explosives felt right to me because a huge part of Metal Gear is planning how you are going to take down your enemy, and Snake's moveset felt perfect in that regard.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Mine is supposed to come tomorrow, ill post some pics when it does
DUUUDE, this beautiful PS4! Link: https://twitter.com/metalgear_jp/status/613557114498187264.

Really hyped for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain's release. The fact you can customize your guns like that... I'm going to make my own M1911A1 Custom. :)
Ive been holding out on a ps4 for this, but there is still no word on a USA release, and im not about to pay those shipping charges. I might just go with the 1TB system they just announced instead

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bros_dlc_additions_werent_from_the_fan_ballot
According to this article, Ryu, Roy, and Lucas may be the last characters developed before the focus shifts to the Smash Ballot. Sakurai even states that "from now until the end, it is going to be fanservice." Let's just hope that veterans will still be considered for Smash Ballot characters, as Sakurai also states that "there are only going to be several more characters." But still, I'm loyal to the "end", and it's not over, not yet!

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Let's consider the facts:
-Sakurai can do "several more" chars (which points that at least 2 more are waiting for us)
-These will be based on Fan Service
-Veterans are easier and cheapier to develop than newcomers
-Snake and Wolf are the only remaining cut veteans left with an HUGE support

I'm sure to say that we are in a good situation.

IMO there will be 4 more characters: Wolf, Snake, King K. Rool and another from the Ballot.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...bros_dlc_additions_werent_from_the_fan_ballot
According to this article, Ryu, Roy, and Lucas may be the last characters developed before the focus shifts to the Smash Ballot. Sakurai even states that "from now until the end, it is going to be fanservice." Let's just hope that veterans will still be considered for Smash Ballot characters, as Sakurai also states that "there are only going to be several more characters." But still, I'm loyal to the "end", and it's not over, not yet!
OK I reviewed over the original statement over on Source Gaming and it seems, to me, that he was talking about Ryu specifically. He says that the 3 characters released weren't from the Ballot but he knew of Roy and Lucas's popularity already. We all know Ryu wasn't a popular choice so he couldn't have meant him as well. When he said he was focusing on " Fan Service" he probably meant popular characters. I honestly don't think they would want Veterans to be Ballot characters because that would ruin part of the excitement of the ballot.

Taking all of this into consideration, I think, personally, that he means from now on characters will be popularity based from the community. 2 more slots are available for characters and I don't think they will wait till October to release another character. With that, Wolf and Snake are the only logical choices for remaining pre ballot DLC.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I dunno about you but with Konami supporting Snake in the ballot and the fact we have only a few pre-ballot characters left, I don't think he's pre-planned at all. I think the ballot will have to be Snake's last option. Good thing he's getting high votes though.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I still maintain to my claim that we'll be seeing 5 more characters before DLC ends. 3 before the ballot (Wolf, Snake, and maybe the IC's) and 2 for the ballot (K. Rool and Isaac). Ice Climbers are a maybe given that their done on the Wii U so a solution to the 3DS problem would guarantee their inclusion. If not, then we can always have a semi-cloned YLink or Pichu instead as their development time would be minimal.

Last edited:

LightheartedBum

Smash Apprentice
I still maintain to my claim that we'll be seeing 5 more characters before DLC ends. 3 before the ballot (Wolf, Snake, and maybe the IC's) and 2 for the ballot (K. Rool and Isaac). Ice Climbers are a maybe given that their done on the Wii U so a solution to the 3DS problem would guarantee their inclusion. If not, then we can always have a semi-cloned YLink or Pichu instead as their development time would be minimal.
My pessimistic nature makes me feel like we'll only be getting Wolf and a Smash Ballot character, but I'd love this. Two Ballot characters in October would be a great birthday present. I really just wish all previous Smash characters were in this game. This game feels like the magnum opus of the series, and excluding characters, even a joke character like Pichu or someone who's arguably been replaced by another (TL/YL) feels weird to me. I'd love if they were put back in along with the IC (New 3DS higher power) and for the love of God Sakurai, Snake. PLEASE Snake.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
Are we really listening to what Masterhero Samurai says?

Says don't expect DLC
Releases Mewtwo

Says don't expect anyone past Mewtwo
We end up getting three more characters and a poll

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Do you guys think that the second liquid in the MGS trailer was solid? People keep saying that he blond hair during the briefing tapes, but it was the lighting that made it look blonde. I hope that is not the case. It would be really dumb if they retconned snake's hair. He has the opposite genes to liquid, he should have brown hair. Plus, solid never knew liquid when he was young.
I think liquid is imagining what his "superior" brother looks like. He doesn't know solid has brown hair,and since he knows good brother is a clone, he'll think they look the same.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Do you guys think that the second liquid in the MGS trailer was solid?
No, i think more than anything its just a metaphor or symbolism that he knows hes not alone out there. Basically hes looking into a mirror and the reflection moves on its on kind of thing.

---
And as for sakurai's words, nothing is set in stone, he says several to keep peoples expectations in check but we all know that hes gone beyond that before and he may again. Theres no reason to panic just yet, and if he can hear us, then there is still a chance.

---
And as promised, snake figma in all his glory

He goes well with my smash bros display

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
No, i think more than anything its just a metaphor or symbolism that he knows hes not alone out there. Basically hes looking into a mirror and the reflection moves on its on kind of thing.

---
And as for sakurai's words, nothing is set in stone, he says several to keep peoples expectations in check but we all know that hes gone beyond that before and he may again. Theres no reason to panic just yet, and if he can hear us, then there is still a chance.

---
And as promised, snake figma in all his glory

He goes well with my smash bros display
>Smash Bros display
>has Optimus Prime
>...
>Optimus Prime confirmed for DLC guys!

D

Deleted member

"There are no plans."
If that's response to me, that isn't saying "don't expect DLC/any DLC past Mewtwo".

It's saying nothing had been decided on in advance.

Which, if going to what he actually said, falls in line.
The supposed "no DLC" statement back in 2013:
"At the current time we have no plans. I consider my job at this point, and my main responsibility, to make the Wii U and 3DS versions the best and the fullest experience possible. That said, once finished, it's the type of thing we could take into consideration, but for now, you could consider DLC as not being in the cards."

Underlined for emphasis. No DLC was planned on at the time of question. It is possible in the future for DLC to be considered, but it's not in consideration then.

And the supposed "no DLC except Mewtwo" statement:

"What I can say now about paid DLC is that we aren't working on anything at the moment. We've put all our efforts into making the actual game. Creating DLC would involve large additional costs and require the involvement of a lot of people."

Same deal. Nothing was in production when asked in November of 2014.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Do you guys think that the second liquid in the MGS trailer was solid? People keep saying that he blond hair during the briefing tapes, but it was the lighting that made it look blonde. I hope that is not the case. It would be really dumb if they retconned snake's hair. He has the opposite genes to liquid, he should have brown hair. Plus, solid never knew liquid when he was young.
I think liquid is imagining what his "superior" brother looks like. He doesn't know solid has brown hair,and since he knows good brother is a clone, he'll think they look the same.
It's been implied that he may have dyed his hair. Shinkawa outright said "he might have dyed it." Pliskin also originally had blonde hair until they opted to make it brown. It's never been said in any game that his hair was definitely blonde though outside those briefing tapes, which are argued to be just cause of the artstyle. Others say he dyed it for the purpose of differentiating himself from Liquid. They could be giving an official answer for that in 5.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It's been implied that he may have dyed his hair. Shinkawa outright said "he might have dyed it." Pliskin also originally had blonde hair until they opted to make it brown. It's never been said in any game that his hair was definitely blonde though outside those briefing tapes, which are argued to be just cause of the artstyle. Others say he dyed it for the purpose of differentiating himself from Liquid. They could be giving an official answer for that in 5.
I really don't think it makes sense for him to be blonde because
1. He had brown hair in metal gear 1 and 2, and he didn't even know liquid back then.
2. His genes are opposite to liquid, so I don't get why he would also have blonde hair.
This really makes no sense, I guess this will be answered in September.

Sewnic

Smash Cadet
Hate to be the bringer of some potentially melancholy news, but...

Someone who works in the industry had the opportunity to attend E3 last week and asked a Nintendo Treehouse representative regarding Snake's absence in Smash 4:
https://twitter.com/TheRileyLittle/status/614146111268388865
https://twitter.com/TheRileyLittle/status/614146503754534914
https://twitter.com/TheRileyLittle/status/614146804326748160

Not all is lost, though!
https://twitter.com/TheRileyLittle/status/614148886941302784

If this isn't the case, then maybe the representative is under NDA and could be using this scenario as a smokescreen. What caught me off guard was how the rep said Snake would "never again be included in Smash", but since DLC isn't rated by the ESRB and such, that comment seems to be stretched out a bit.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Someone who works in the industry had the opportunity to go to E3 last week and ask a Nintendo Treehouse representative regarding Snake's absence in Smash 4:

Not all is lost, though!

If this isn't the case, then maybe the representative is under NDA and could be using this scenario as a smokescreen. What caught me off guard was how the rep said Snake would "never again be included in Smash", but since DLC isn't rated by the ESRB and such, that comment seems to be stretched out a bit.
Ouch, that hurts. Well, at least it isn't nonsense like he didn't fit.

Last edited:

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman

Someone who works in the industry had the opportunity to attend E3 last week and asked a Nintendo Treehouse representative regarding Snake's absence in Smash 4:

Not all is lost, though!

Considering how a "developer" said that Snake was never even considered for Smash, I find that hard to believe. Also, if Snake's weapons would effect the rating, then how did ShadOW The HEDGEhog get an E10 rating with all of those guns and weapons? Smash doesn't even have bullets, and ShadOW The HEDGEhog has full on miniguns and other automatic weapons. If that game could get away with an E10 rating, then Snake's Rocket Launchers shouldn't be that hard to pass.

Last edited:
Top Bottom