• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
And you fired first by calling her rude and her behavior 'not ok' when she was just being blunt.

You're both in the wrong, she was being very blunt with her choice of wording, you took it as an insult. The best thing to do is just move on, it's in the past, it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'm honestly on Banana's side here.

Yeah, they're overreacting, but Gwen did come off as rude.

Banana, I just want you to know that Gwen doesn't mean any harm by it. She's just very very blunt.

Shroob

Sup?
I think you overestimate how long a thread remembers anything. That, and, I don't think anyone cares.

Everyone has opinions, just like everyone has an ass. Some smell worse than others, but we all have them, so it's not really possible to judge others on them(Unless they're lolproblematic).

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not making excuses.

If someone told me "Stop smiling, it's not okay behavior", would that be okay? Not every person is going to be the same, happy, friendly personality. Some will be cynical and cold, others friendly and warm, and others still, will be as blunt as a cannonball moving at 200 MpH.

That's just what you have to expect when you come onto a public forum, you're not in a curated group of close friends, you're opening yourself up into a wide array of personalities and people.

Did Gwen come off too much? Yes, absolutely, no one's denying that, but she admitted to it, it's done, amen.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I gotta agree with BananaSlammer; after basically being called a delusional idiot and illogical, and mostly whatever else I was saying being dismissed simply because I thought Cacomallow still had plausibility left, even though I didn’t take it seriously and just thought it’d be cool if it was real because of the cool Mii hats (I really don’t think it matters much for Geno since we’d likely see him first anyway, I just thought it was still plausible and was more neutral on it yet that was enough for me to be delusional apparently), as well as other instances of users shutting others down and other rude and uncivil behavior, plus the stuff people would say regarding the Geno thread in a rude manner, it got tiring and not comfortable to be there.

It wasn’t fun, discussion stopped being fun, you have to either follow others’ views of perfect logic instead of having your own views on some “leaks” and stuff or else you won’t fit in. Most people in that thread are actually cool and nice to read stuff from, and while I probably did have a poor choice of words in my last few posts in there I still wanted to be respectful as I still believed we could all be kind and civil especially over videogame stuff of all things, but no...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Okay.

My point still stands.

Methinks you need to just take a break, literally everyone is thinking you're being a touch overdramatic, and calling for a ban when the user in question isn't even in the same thread is extremely cowardly and low.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Okay.

My point still stands.

Methinks you need to just take a break, literally everyone is thinking you're being a touch overdramatic, and calling for a ban when the user in question isn't even in the same thread is extremely cowardly and low.
I don't think this is helping Shroob.

They didn't even call for a ban.

Shroob

Sup?
If you feel like you've been wronged by someone, take it up with the staff, report the post, etc. Posting about it in a different thread and calling for another user to be banned when they're not even in the same thread is not cool.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I find it hypocritical dismissing repetitive caustic behaviour because that's, "just who they are" when the same users saying that have criticised the very same argument before.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think this is helping Shroob.

They didn't even call for a ban.
"They've made a public announcement that they're going to make the site more friendlier. Banning people like Gwen who contribute to their toxicity (they have a history of it) will help that."

I mean, they kinda did.

Regardless, 'we' can't do anything about it, we're not staff.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
No one is above punishment and they have been infracted before.

If you honestly feel more needs to be done, take it up in the support area.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
@BananaSlammer Take it from me, when you act like this, you’re painting a worse picture of yourself than you are of Gwen. You’re being quite over dramatic here. Just take a breather, take a break for a few minutes. Nobody here is perfect, not you, not me, not Gwen. People make mistakes, just let it rest.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To be perfectly fair.

It's late. The mods could be asleep.

Go back and read the last page.
The site is understaffed, though, at the same time, I can't imagine too many people who'd be willing to spend their night on standby in case something like this happens.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I should not have mentioned anything at all if I knew this **** was still going to continue, let the man breathe. :191:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I didn't say anything when it happened to me but I've been in Banana's shoes before. Someone said something rude in an argument before, but I was so upset over it actually kept me from sleeping at night. I guess I'm just thin-skinned but I know how words can hurt some people, especially if they're already dealing with other demons in their lives. Calling someone "overdramatic" and such probably doesn't help, even if you don't mean anything by it.

...I have no comment on the ban talk though, aside from that I feel like that is a conversation that could get really nasty.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
...I have no comment on the ban talk though. I feel like that is a conversation that could get really nasty.
Oh, he wasn't there when Gwen led a ****ing crusade after faygo got sent to the Shadow Realm.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
This conversation made me look at Ice Age gifs.

I might save this one for later.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Oh, he wasn't there when Gwen led a ****ing crusade after faygo got sent to the Shadow Realm.
Actually, I just figured right now would be a really bad time to bring that specific event up.

So let's please not talk about past drama right now.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So there is an upcoming Switch eShop game called "Don't Get Caught" where you're in the back seat of a car trying to have a date with rosie palms without getting caught.

Where the ****ing hell is Nintendo's quality control?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So there is an upcoming Switch eShop game called "Don't Get Caught" where you're in the back seat of a car trying to have a date with rosie palms without getting caught.

I have one major question.

Is it any good? :troll:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

We’ve done it. We’ve reached the peak of Nintendo titles.

Shroob

Sup?

I had no idea what this meant.

I do now.

D

Deleted member

Does anyone here play Fate Grand/Order?

It's the only mobile game I play now except for logging it for the daily rewards for Fire Emblem Heroes.

ZelDan

Smash Master

Nintendo has quality control for their virtual stores?

*remembers when Meme Run was added to the Wii U*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom