• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

They say it because it’s true. And sure your strong enough to put in effort. Not gonna be easy, but you can do it. If you just keep cutting corners that’s not going to take you very far.

Just pretending you weren’t here isn’t going to solve anything, but if you are going to go, at the very least know that if you want to solve these issues you need to be brave and try things. Even if you’ve already tried it, there’s no harm in trying it again and giving it your all. Good luck, my guy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
It isn't a good idea to cut corners because you are conditioning yourself to be lazy. Its like constantly playing on easy difficulty in Smash. You grow complacent because you don't feel challenged. But when you go to a much higher difficulty from 1 to 5 it starts getting you frustrated because you are being taken out of your comfort zone and have to experience the bitterness of failure something you are not use to experiencing. Never take the easy way out it isn't good for you always put forth your best effort.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
[content removed]
I think you just need to remember that several people here are a bit...oversensitive to the idea of wanting an already represented character to be represented in a way that takes more work. It doesn't matter that Mother 3's lack of localization is a bigger meme than the Starfy series', they still are oversensitive about it.

D

Deleted member

smh, two people here have Tails as a PFP, and no one with Eggman, I expected better from this thread.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm surprised by how often people change their avatars.

I've only ever changed mine once or twice in... well forever.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

I've been an avatar changer for a while.
Although, I do have "themes" that I do. When I first started here, my avatar would always be a pic of Kisuke Urahara. Then it swapped to the doctors from Doctor Who. Then, Edward Elric. Now, it's Tails.

There are other characters I've used, but there's a running theme I have depending on the year.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hows you all today?

For me it's mostly my favourite characters or what I'm currently watching. Or if I'm really undecided the one use for my business meetings. Generally a screenshot of a place from Mirror's Edge or Horizon Zero Dawn.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Hows you all today?

For me it's mostly my favourite characters or what I'm currently watching. Or if I'm really undecided the one use for my business meetings. Generally a screenshot of a place from Mirror's Edge or Horizon Zero Dawn.
Thx Irepan.
I'm ok for now. The a/c unit is working miracles already and I spent a little time cleaning up the house. Did mopping and vacuuming and mopping. Now I'm chillin' on the couch.

D

Deleted member

I requested a purge of my messages here. There are things that in the heat of the moment I shared that I do not want to be made as public. They should be kept to my friendship group, or certain people I trust. Things could easily fall into the wrong hands and used against me.

I do want to engage in this thread, though. There are nice people here, and I feel awful about how it's been a rocky start. If you don't mind having me here, that is. Just put this silly incident behind us, right?

Dutch Raikuna

Thx Irepan.
I'm ok for now. The a/c unit is working miracles already and I spent a little time cleaning up the house. Did mopping and vacuuming and mopping. Now I'm chillin' on the couch.
Sucks living in a place like where you are i the summer. For me it's a bit below 60F today.
Gonna go out and get a few snacks that'll do me until I go away in a few days then try to find my bookmark for reading which I haven't seen in a few months. My manga for the trip has arrived which is great.

Mixed bag I suppose.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Sucks living in a place like where you are i the summer. For me it's a bit below 60F today.
Gonna go out and get a few snacks that'll do me until I go away in a few days then try to find my bookmark for reading which I haven't seen in a few months. My manga for the trip has arrived which is great.

Mixed bag I suppose.
It's 84F here and it's still the morning. Getting nice and toasty up in here :p

Which snacks? And which manga?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
How about a roster for “Super Smash Fighters”, a Smash Bros spin-off in the style of MvC.

1. Mario
  2. Luigi
  3. Princess Peach
  4. Bowser
  5. Rosalina and Luma
  6. Geno
  7. Yoshi
  8. Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong
  9. King K. Rool
  10. Wario
  11. Waluigi
  12. Captain Syrup
  13. Ashley
  14. Link
  15. Zelda
  16. Ganondorf
  17. Impa
  18. Vaati
  19. Samus Aran
  20. Ridley
  21. Kirby w/Robobot Armor
  22. Meta Knight
  23. King Dedede
  24. Fox McCloud
  25. Krystal
  26. Pikachu
  27. Jigglypuff
  28. Mewtwo
  29. Pokémon Trainer (Charizard w/Squirtle and Ivysaur)
  30. Ness
  31. Captain Falcon
  32. Ice Climbers
  33. Marth
  34. Ike
  35. Mr. Game & Watch
  36. Pit
  37. Palutena
  38. Captain Olimar
  39. R.O.B.
  40. Isabelle w/Village (she uses all the well known animal villagers in her moveset)
  41. Wii Fit Trainer
  42. Little Mac
  43. Mr. Sandman
  44. Shulk
  45. Elma
  46. Rex
  47. Duck Hunt
  48. Inkling
  49. Min Min
  50. Isaac
  51. Itsuki Aoi
  52. Saki Amamiya
  53. Takamaru
  54. Solid Snake
  55. Simon Belmont
  56. Sonic the Hedgehog
  57. Bayonetta
  58. Joker
  59. Mega Man
  60. Ryu
  61. Pac-Man
  62. Lloyd Irving
  63. Cloud Strife
  64. Hero
  65. Banjo and Kazooie
  66. Rash
  67. Terry Bogard
  68. Nakoruru
  69. Crash Bandicoot
  70. Tracer
  71. DoomSlayer
  72. Sole Survivor
  73. Rayman
  74. Ezio Auditore de Firenze
  75. Shovel Knight
  76. Shantae

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So I'm coming very close to moving into my new place. Starting Tuesday I'm going to be moving my computer over there to get it hooked up. So until then I might be using my dad's laptop.

I probably won't fully move in until the end of August as to adjust I'll try to spend a few nights at my new place.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi @BananaSlammer. Just skimmed through the thread before I go for a walk and saw your posts. Just wanted to first say welcome, and I hope you can find reasons to enjoy things around.

In anything in life, you have to be able to sift and put aside some things that aren't as pleasant, because some things we can't control, just like we can't control people, especially on the internet XD I know that it's hard to deal with negativity sometimes, but it's definitely not impossible. We can't be 'too' oversensitive to people being rude, because everyone deserves to have freedom of speech, though that doesn't mean we can't let them know about how we feel or vent to some friends. Not everyone's our friend on the internet, so you can't expect everyone to be nice to you. But at the same time some people are, and they'll sometimes help you out :)

It's good to value the good, and just do your best to deal with or put the bad aside. If you can come to see the value in this, I'm sure you'll be a lot happier wherever you go.

Sorry for all the advice, but I do hope you can be happier :)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I typically change mine to whatever fits my interests at the moment...although I suppose you could say I mostly lean towards Xenoblade pfps.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Been taking the time to make a youtube playlist of various competitve DBFZ matches, and I've been having a little trouble finding certain ones that reach my specific standards with fighting game matches, one of them being character diversity.

I've come across a lot of videos featuring the same old team set-ups featuring Kid Buu, Bardock, and/or GT Goku among other characters in the roster, it's just something that happens with popular characters in fighting games that I always get so tired of seeing (and don't even get me started with the numerous Wolf and Palutena mains with Ultimate).

Dutch Raikuna

I went out to get some instant ramen. My closest store didn't have the flavour I want. So I walked to the big store in my area.

I was the only ****ing one wearing a face mask, staff included. And saw my second Coronavirus denier in a week shouting at the queue to another.

*Noire Scream Reaction*

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
So there is an upcoming Switch eShop game called "Don't Get Caught" where you're in the back seat of a car trying to have a date with rosie palms without getting caught.

Where the ****ing hell is Nintendo's quality control?
Nintendo has now removed this game from the Switch eShop. Publisher said the listing was a mistake.

How on Earth do you put a lewd horror game on a store and said that was by accident?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
XB:DE just got a update with lots of bug fixes, notably soft lock and other weird stuff, cool to hear.

D

Deleted member

I requested a purge of my messages here. There are things that in the heat of the moment I shared that I do not want to be made as public. They should be kept to my friendship group, or certain people I trust. Things could easily fall into the wrong hands and used against me.

I do want to engage in this thread, though. There are nice people here, and I feel awful about how it's been a rocky start. If you don't mind having me here, that is. Just put this silly incident behind us, right?
Late, but yeah man, don’t sweat it. We good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom