• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So there is an upcoming Switch eShop game called "Don't Get Caught" where you're in the back seat of a car trying to have a date with rosie palms without getting caught.

Where the ****ing hell is Nintendo's quality control?
It'll probably get copyright struck by Roblox since they use this thing.

1594374146746.png

I remember having this bad boy back in my old ROBLOX-playing days.

D

Deleted member

No one said or thinks any of this about you, so I’m not sure where you got this idea??? You seem like a pretty rad dude to me, I’m not entirely sure what you mean in this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Being a therapist is an incredibly difficult job. Trust me, if they only wanted a paycheck, there’s better places they could be.

If your not going to go to a therapist, at the very least talk with friends and family about it, but I still highly recommend a therapist.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I personally didn't see much wrong with Gwen's "rude" remarks but I guess I'm just used to her behavior. Either way, you can't expect everyone to play nice all the time. We're all people at the end of the day and sometimes problematic comments just slip.

Just know that nobody on this site wants you to burn because of a small outburst that will likely be forgotten in a day or two, @BananaSlammer

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
That's a pretty steep claim. But that type of mentality and struggle isn't something you can tackle alone. Maybe that's obvious, but I'm jack **** at these kinds of talks. I sure do like trying, though. :nifty:

Nah some therapists can and will **** up horrendously and blame their clients on it, I've been ****ing tortured because of it and know others who'd have it worse
That's unfortunate. Though, I still personally have trust that there are options out there with people who aren't knobheads.

Man, this is slowly turning into a "**** capitalism all my homies hate capitalism" moment but I can relate with that type of struggle. I genuinely wish I knew options to give to you, but I don't.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
NoA really showed up at the boardroom and said "Garfield... with *******.", huh?
Yep. And when pressed on how the heck that was even Pikachu, they pointed out the tail was the same.

Good thing they said no to that nonsense.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's a pretty steep claim. But that type of mentality and struggle isn't something you can tackle alone. Maybe that's obvious, but I'm jack **** at these kinds of talks. I sure do like trying, though. :nifty:

That's unfortunate. Though, I still personally have trust that there are options out there with people who aren't knobheads.

Man, this is slowly turning into a "**** capitalism all my homies hate capitalism" moment but I can relate with that type of struggle. I genuinely wish I knew options to give to you, but I don't.
Yeah you can get good therapists but you need to be able to vibe with them. No "Madam your child who's squeamish at the sight of blood is obsessed with gore and needs to be confined", no "Give them these meds without question", etc. You need to make sure you're able to read back on reports to be able to call bull**** when necessary

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah you can get good therapists but you need to be able to vibe with them. No "Madam your child who's squeamish at the sight of blood is obsessed with gore and needs to be confined", no "Give them these meds without question", etc. You need to make sure you're able to read back on reports to be able to call bull**** when necessary
Is there a common theme with therapists like that? Like, similar age or something? Maybe it's just some ****ty teaching/training they give these folks. There probably isn't a defining answer but I'm just curious about patterns.

I've been to a therapist once when I was like 7 over bullying and never again because man, he wasn't lying when he said that **** expensive.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I found out that Hudson Bay in Canada has less gravity and the fastest man-made object is a manhole cover that got blasted into space by a underground nuclear bomb back in 1957 before Sputnik was made.

Now that's something new I learn everyday.

D

Deleted member

We all have our own lives to worry about as well, yet here we are, trying out best to offer you good advice.

Being a friend isn’t about sticking to yourself and only caring about yourself. You have to be there for eachother. I really don’t mean what I’m about to say offensively, but honestly, if your friends don’t care, that’s an issue.

Honestly dude, if this’ll help any, take a hot second to breathe and think about things, then come back and discuss it if you’d like.

But also, you’ve gotta try and consider solutions to this problem as well. Problems have solutions, so try and take that time to think about a potential solution.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Is there a common theme with therapists like that? Like, similar age or something? Maybe it's just some ****ty teaching/training they give these folks. There probably isn't a defining answer but I'm just curious about patterns.

I've been to a therapist once when I was like 7 over bullying and never again because man, he wasn't lying when he said that **** expensive.
Out of my experience male therapists are all awful, my gender therapist especially acts like a **** but I have to put up with his bull**** every ****ing time

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ahh, I see.

Obviously you don’t want to overwhelm them, but there is no harm with talking to them. Some of them will be willing to help and offer their advice, and advice can go a long way.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
A tiger with a big pear. So a tiger version of Cheetah from DC. Or are we going with a more Felicia darkstalkers look? I like the Felicia idea.

D

Deleted member

Well, I don’t think there’s any harm in trying. If you ”just don’t know,” then there’s only one way to find out. Perhaps you all could discuss possible solutions. Pick up a hobby, maybe. Whatever you do, you’ve got to be willing to try things. There’s no sense in worrying about every way that something won’t work.

D

Deleted member

No one knows if you’re going to enjoy it, but you will never know yourself if you don’t try it out. And if you don’t enjoy it? You can always try something else.

I never said it was easy. I‘ve been voice acting for a year now and I still have LOADS to learn. But if it’s fun, and you enjoy it, then that’s all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom