• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Speaking of Disney XD, Amphibia returns for the season 2 premiere tomorrow. And given that it looks like it's going to become more serialized with an ongoing and overarching storyline from here on out, I can say I'm really excited for it!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I liked Bakugan back then, but while I can't watch the stream, what I'm hearing isn't exactly exciting.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Anyone saw how toxic the live chat was?
I saw people taking others joking about Smash and stuff too seriously and people calling PM fans toxic even if they had legit criticism - aside from going fast like usual, and some being too riled up toward the end (including me kinda tbh all the people screaming “toxic” at PM fans were annoying though I didn’t insult or even attack anyone unless you count “y’all are being just as toxic” in caps since I was kinda miffed and reminded of people on Twitter bashing old PM fans...) but nothing actually unreasonably toxic.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It.. does not look good, to say the least. I think you're better off not watching it
Shame, while I haven't seen the show in forever, it feel like it could have been a good comeback. Alas, it seem it wasn't meant to be.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I feel like you could say this about any live chat and it would still apply.
I watched another stream concurrent to Treehouse and it wasn’t toxic at all.

...except for the people complaining about a lack of land in their mobile games.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I've never seen Jurassic Park but I can't take a movie with giant """Velociraptors""" that are apparently "smarter then most primates" that seriously. This is your movie monster:

THE HORROR

They were also probably about as smart as an opossum. No offense to our Opossum but that doesn't exactly have me quaking in my boots. They might not have even been pack hunters, as there's not a ton of evidence for or against it. Honestly the biggest threat velociraptors would pose would be as an invasive species, not as some horrible, hyper intelligent man-eaters.

I thin it's important to consider cautionary tales but not to take them as absolutes. They're just a would could happen, not what will. Honestly I'd be down for cloning dinos (and pterosaurs, which are not dinosaurs). My biggest concern would be treating the animals themselves ethically, as it'd be hard to know the exact needs of a creature that's been extinct for longer then humans have been around - for all we know they might not even be able to survive in captivity.

On one final note I think a lot of giant predators might have a hard time sustaining themselves in modern environments. Imagine if a T-rex somehow got loose in the wild - there wouldn't exactly be a lot of triceratops and out there for it to snack on, so it'd have to try and hunt much smaller and much more agile prey. It'd probably be so unsuccessful that it'd starve to death before it could ruin the ecosystem - I'd be far more concerned about the damage smaller dinos (like the aforementioned velociraptors) would cause. But that's assuming researchers wouldn't be able to track down and recapture a 40 foot reptile in a timely manner. Maybe some larger pterosaurs would do alright though, as a lot of them probably didn't go after large prey, but it's hard to say since the prey they hunted may have still been a lot different from what's around today.
I think the thing to do would be to make an actual ecosystem. Let the animals intermingle. Let the Rex hunt the triceratops for food. Let them breed. Create an actual prehistoric environment.

D

Deleted member

At least the monsters ain't pulling a Wailord, I guess. But damn, it looked so boring, I couldn't even watch for 5 minutes, not to mention the graphics being pretty much PS2 level. Hell, even the PS2 had better looking games.

Also reading Bakugan all the time just reminds me of that one guy who kept posting his card game gifs.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’m feelin’ a bit cranky mixed with negative humorousness for some reason regarding this Treehouse presentation and Bakugan, I think I’m gonna take a break.

edit: I feel better now. Just still annoyed by the people who bash PM fans even when they have legit concern and criticism.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Origami King actually looks fun aside from the lack of EXP battles, so I think I'm still going to give it a fair shot.

I just wish they had learned their lessons from the last two entries. I mean, seriously, even Super Paper Mario had EXP and a leveling system, and it was a Platformer game rather than a Turn-Based one. Why is it so difficult for them to go back to the series' leveling RPG roots?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Paper Mario has been pretty different for a while. I didnt know what to expect, and it seems alright, but not something I'd feel like buying full price.

As for Bakugan.. it doesnt really seem fun, so, I'm just going to ignore it.
Let's hope for a direct this month still ;)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
All I ask for is an update on Breath of the Wild 2. That's literally all I want right now when it comes to Nintendo and video game news.

A direct focusing on it would be very nice.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damning ****ing to the screws within you Shinya

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Haven't watched that Treehouse presentation yet but I can already tell lots were disappointed.

I already know the Bakugan reaction but what's the overall reaction to Paper Mario: The Origami King now?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
With everyone talking about Bakugan coming back, I thought everyone was talking about that old user who really liked card games who deleted his account a while back.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Haven't watched that Treehouse presentation yet but I can already tell lots were disappointed.

I already know the Bakugan reaction but what's the overall reaction to Paper Mario: The Origami King now?
I think most people think Paper Mario looks alright, and even fun. Well in the youtube comments there were a lot of people that found it boring looking.
For me it looks.. just decent, nothing special ,but if someone likes puzzle elements in the battle system, they might really like it.
The overworld looked great tho.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
With everyone talking about Bakugan coming back, I thought everyone was talking about that old user who really liked card games who deleted his account a while back.
Wouldn't surprise me if he still lurks around here, TBH.

He was an alright kid but man did he choose to leave on such a sour note.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
All this Bakugan talk brings me back to playing the game when I was in middle school.

And also that one guy who used to spam random yugioh posts.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

all this bakugan disxussion got me to remember heckin Battle B Daman lmaoooo

anyone remember that?

D

Deleted member

Hi everyone. I didn't think I'd be back so soon, and I don't know if anyone even remembers me, but here we are.

I'm going through some hard times in my life right now and I lowkey miss the friends I made in this place since I'm not really in contact with most of them anymore. I no longer associate with the Smash community, at least not to the same extent as I used to, so I don't know if I'm fully back yet. For now I'm gonna restrict myself to this thread.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

It's probably gonna be good. It's not gonna be the return to form that some fans have wanted, but at this point, and no EXP is slightly disappointing, but the game still looks like a blast regardless.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

I decided to skip it.

Clearly they don't care about actually making the kind of Mario games I enjoy anymore so there's no point in even indulging in it.

I'll just stick to the 2000's era of Mario, that's where the good **** is.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

This is basically the TOK reactions:

"Looks good!"

"Looks boring."

"[insert hateful comment about game or people mad about people having hateful comments about game and calling them toxic]"

"[insert people getting mad at even respectful people having negative opinions about game/legit concern and criticism]"

"lol TTYD fans shut up the game isn't even out yet"

Personally I'm annoyed with people not understanding why older fans are disappointed and generalizing all of them as toxic TTYD fans - while regarding TOK itself, I still want to play it but the ratio between the coins you get and how much you have to spend doesn't seem balanced.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
God I’m so done with today, weather made things miserable enough but I decided to visit a deli that opened up Wednesday in my local market for lunch, I understand that there were a few other people there and they just opened but I shouldn’t had to have waited my entire lunch hour for my order. So I grabbed the sandwich they handed me and waited to the end of my shift to find out that it wasn’t even the correct order. I’m just so done.

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
All this Bakugan talk brings me back to playing the game when I was in middle school.

And also that one guy who used to spam random yugioh posts.
I actually remember watching a glimpse of Bakugan: Battle Brawlers when it was airing on Cartoon Network, it was a long time ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom