• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay. Which would you prefer in an "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 4" asset reusing game?

A: Battle-Suit Jill returns as is and Regina from Dino Crisis gets a moveset reminiscent of MvC2 Jill

or

B: Jill returns to her MvC2 incarnation and Regina gets the Battle-Suit Jill moveset

Shroob

Sup?
Okay. Which would you prefer in an "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 4" asset reusing game?

A: Battle-Suit Jill returns as is and Regina from Dino Crisis gets a moveset reminiscent of MvC2 Jill

or

B: Jill returns to her MvC2 incarnation and Regina gets the Battle-Suit Jill moveset
The less I have to remember about RE5, the better tbh.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You know those ****ty made for TV Disney Channel Films back in the 2000s? It's like that but trying to be cursed.
Hey whoa there, I will not accept this slander against masterpieces such as Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off, Halloweentown, and Pixel Perfect :mad:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

or

I wonder if an Injustice 2 style premiere costume could work with this idea here?

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

or

Marvel 2 Jill. She's a classic and fun to use, if a little tricky.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Alright. Here's the roster I put together for "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 4". It reuses assets from UMvC3 and Infinite to bring back ALL of those characters, as well as the cut DLC characters from Infinite according to leaks, then brings in a few newcomers and characters from 2. Enjoy
Marvel
  • Iron Man
  • The Hulk
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • Hawkeye
  • Black Widow
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • Dr. Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man
  • Captain Marvel
  • War Machine (I've been told that 3 Iron Man and Infinite Iron Man play very differently, so this one is actually still a reuse of old assets)
  • She-Hulk
  • Winter Soldier
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Phoenix
  • Gambit
  • Nightcrawler
  • Deadpool
  • Psylocke
  • X-23
  • Daredevil
  • Iron Fist
  • Star-Lord
  • Gamora
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Nova
  • Ghost Rider
  • MODOK
  • Taskmaster
  • Loki
  • Green Goblin
  • Venom
  • Magneto
  • Sentinel
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Dr. Doom
  • Super-Skrull
  • Thanos
  • Ultron
  • Dormammu
  • Shuma-Gorath
Capcom
  • Roll
  • Proto Man
  • X
  • Zero
  • Sigma
  • Tron Bonne
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma
  • Gill
  • Crimson Viper
  • Rashid
  • Mike Haggar
  • Morrigan Aensland
  • Felicia
  • Hsien-Ko
  • B.B. Hood
  • Jon Talbain
  • Jedah Dohma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Captain Commando
  • Jin Saotome
  • Hayato Kanzaki
  • Sir Arthur
  • Firebrand
  • Rad Spencer
  • Chris Redfield
  • Jill Valentine
  • Albert Wesker
  • Nemesis T-Type
  • Dante
  • Trish
  • Vergil
  • Lady
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Amaterasu
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Apollo Justice
  • Frank West
  • Monster Hunter
  • Asura
  • Gene
  • Regina
  • Nina
  • Deis

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Hey whoa there, I will not accept this slander against masterpieces such as Eddie's Million Dollar Cook-Off, Halloweentown, and Pixel Perfect:mad:
OK. I'll rephrase that,

"Mostly ****ty". There were a few good ones and it has been a long time. It's a shame that it feels like Disney haven't done more live action family friendly feel good films like Cool Runnings.

And beat me on it but that film and Lilo & Stitch are the two most underrated things that they have ever created.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Youtube is being annoying again.

Now it's giving me a ad for some sort of channel that, upon researching for 5 seconds, is effectively a scam.

And it's on basically everything, even for things that shouldn't have it.
The pain. THE PAIN!

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Alright. Here's the roster I put together for "Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 4". It reuses assets from UMvC3 and Infinite to bring back ALL of those characters, as well as the cut DLC characters from Infinite according to leaks, then brings in a few newcomers and characters from 2. Enjoy
Marvel
  • Iron Man
  • The Hulk
  • Thor
  • Captain America
  • Hawkeye
  • Black Widow
  • Ant-Man and The Wasp
  • Dr. Strange
  • Black Panther
  • Spider-Man
  • Captain Marvel
  • War Machine (I've been told that 3 Iron Man and Infinite Iron Man play very differently, so this one is actually still a reuse of old assets)
  • She-Hulk
  • Winter Soldier
  • Ms. Marvel
  • Wolverine
  • Cyclops
  • Storm
  • Phoenix
  • Gambit
  • Nightcrawler
  • Deadpool
  • Psylocke
  • X-23
  • Daredevil
  • Iron Fist
  • Star-Lord
  • Gamora
  • Rocket Raccoon
  • Nova
  • Ghost Rider
  • MODOK
  • Taskmaster
  • Loki
  • Green Goblin
  • Venom
  • Magneto
  • Sentinel
  • Mr. Sinister
  • Dr. Doom
  • Super-Skrull
  • Thanos
  • Ultron
  • Dormammu
  • Shuma-Gorath
Capcom
  • Roll
  • Proto Man
  • X
  • Zero
  • Sigma
  • Tron Bonne
  • Ryu
  • Chun-Li
  • Akuma
  • Gill
  • Crimson Viper
  • Rashid
  • Mike Haggar
  • Morrigan Aensland
  • Felicia
  • Hsien-Ko
  • B.B. Hood
  • Jon Talbain
  • Jedah Dohma
  • Strider Hiryu
  • Captain Commando
  • Jin Saotome
  • Hayato Kanzaki
  • Sir Arthur
  • Firebrand
  • Rad Spencer
  • Chris Redfield
  • Jill Valentine
  • Albert Wesker
  • Nemesis T-Type
  • Dante
  • Trish
  • Vergil
  • Lady
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Amaterasu
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Apollo Justice
  • Frank West
  • Monster Hunter
  • Asura
  • Gene
  • Regina
  • Nina
  • Deis
I'd just put Leon Kennedy and the OG Mega Man on the Capcom side and boom, pretty much the perfect roster.

Marvel 3 Tony does play much different then Marvel Infinite Tony. In Marvel 3, Tony was a zoner full through. In Marvel Infinite, Tony was more of a set up character that could actually play rushdown a bit due to the improved air dash. I'd personally make Tony a Magneto-esque hybrid where he can play both rushdown and zoning while War Machine is a pure zoner and a set up character that fully relies on stage control but does massive damage if he gets a combo.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'd just put Leon Kennedy and the OG Mega Man on the Capcom side and boom, pretty much the perfect roster.

Marvel 3 Tony does play much different then Marvel Infinite Tony. In Marvel 3, Tony was a zoner full through. In Marvel Infinite, Tony was more of a set up character that could actually play rushdown a bit due to the improved air dash. I'd personally make Tony a Magneto-esque hybrid where he can play both rushdown and zoning while War Machine is a pure zoner and a set up character that fully relies on stage control but does massive damage if he gets a combo.
I would have. But we have Chris and X already. That’s kind of why Proto Man is there. If I wasn’t reusing assets and bringing all the old ones back, maybe. Leon can maybe be an Injustice style premier skin?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

I wish I could pin down the fighting game archetypes for the ideas I had in mind like the Sonic fighting games or more Smash newcomers.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Me and my friends are probably the only people who still play Mario Baseball for the Nintendo Wii in the year 2020, and I don't know how to feel about that.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I would have. But we have Chris and X already. That’s kind of why Proto Man is there. If I wasn’t reusing assets and bringing all the old ones back, maybe. Leon can maybe be an Injustice style premier skin?
I don’t think it’d be too bad if Leon replaces Chris and Mega Man and X have a lot of differences between them that’d warrant both on the roster, stop saying they’re the same cause they look alike and have a Mega Buster.

What ideas do you have?
Here’s my Sonic Clash roster:
Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog
Miles “Tails” Prowler
Amy Rose
Knuckles the Echidna
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character)
Metal Sonic
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons)
Shadow the Hedgehog
Rouge the Bat
E-123 Omega
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee
Espio the Chameleon
Blaze the Cat
Silver the Hedgehog
Classic Sonic
Sticks the Badger
Big the Cat
Honey the Cat
E-102 Gamma
Chaos
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character)
Mephiles the Dark
Erazor Djinn
Sonic the Werehog
Merlina
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six)
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies)
Infinite
Classic Eggman
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel
Bean the Dynamite
Bark the Polar Bear
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt

Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS
Alex Kidd
Segata Sanshiro
Joker
Mega Man
For Smash, I have some newcomers like Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa, Nightmare, Lara Croft, etc. in mind. Less likely is Cynthia with Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb but I still think would be fun.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I could go with it... but how diffferent could you make Leon and Mega Man from Chris and X/Proto Man?
X and Mega Man would have completely different movesets, their skillset is almost entirely different. X would probably be a lot more of a rushdown character, as the added mobility options like the dash and wall jump are massive parts of his games.

Shroob

Sup?
Man, I've had a hankering to play some SMT games as of late, but I only have a Switch.

.....What do you mean 'alternate-reality copies'? I don't know anything about those(Or how to even set those up).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
X and Mega Man would have completely different movesets, their skillset is almost entirely different. X would probably be a lot more of a rushdown character, as the added mobility options like the dash and wall jump are massive parts of his games.
Basically size and arsenal are the biggest factors here.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I could go with it... but how diffferent could you make Leon and Mega Man from Chris and X/Proto Man?
Leon can use his suplexes and focus on different weapons from Chris. Could even add the Chainsaw guy as a move like MvC2 Jill could summon zombies.

Mega Man can be a lot more projectile focused, incorporate Rush perhaps and just use different weapons. Proto Man can also use his shield like Winter Soldier has his metal arm stance in MvC:I in addition to other weapons.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well my 200GB micro SD card and manga for England will be arriving today. Still annoyed about my playlist gone.
OK, I'm going to England, but I'll be spending half the time in Wales.

I'm going to go to sleep soon though. I think I'm one of the few from this side of the Atlantic who stays up this late almost everyday.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Leon can use his suplexes and focus on different weapons from Chris. Could even add the Chainsaw guy as a move like MvC2 Jill could summon zombies.

Mega Man can be a lot more projectile focused, incorporate Rush perhaps and just use different weapons. Proto Man can also use his shield like Winter Soldier has his metal arm stance in MvC:I in addition to other weapons.
Okay then. I guess these six get added!
I don’t think it’d be too bad if Leon replaces Chris and Mega Man and X have a lot of differences between them that’d warrant both on the roster, stop saying they’re the same cause they look alike and have a Mega Buster.

For Smash, I have some newcomers like Shantae, Ryu Hayabusa, Nightmare, Lara Croft, etc. in mind. Less likely is Cynthia with Garchomp, Milotic and Spiritomb but I still think would be fun.
Slightly related. I have a headcannon that X and Mega Man are the same person. And that at one point Mega Man was badly damaged and was rebuilt into X, accidentally erasing his memories in the process. X’s cannon origin then continues as originally told.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Slightly related. I have a headcannon that X and Mega Man are the same person. And that at one point Mega Man was badly damaged and was rebuilt into X, accidentally erasing his memories in the process. X’s cannon origin then continues as originally told.
Remember that’s not actual canon though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, exactly.

I'm getting tired of people assuming that all Smash fans are thirsty for constant updates when the truth of the matter is that a good portion of us can actually want updates on games other than Smash. Ain't no need for a "hype control" guy to tell us not to expect Smash tomorrow and that's because, well, we aren't.
I hate this too. Generalizations are extremely harmful to communities.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord

Characters I want to mainly focus on:
Sonic the Hedgehog - Rushdown. Low damage and health but an aggressive beast and a mix up monster with the right assists.
Miles “Tails” Prowler - Set up. Low damage and health but can dominate neutral with the right assists.
Amy Rose - Tricky, though she could be an easier Sonic with less mix ups and not as aggressive, but higher damage due to Piko Piko Hammer.
Knuckles the Echidna - Shoto. Basic character, good for beginners, does a lot of damage. Jack of all trades.
Dr. Eggman (Eggman Nega as an alt. character) - I see him like MODOK. Healthy, does a lot of damage and chip with the right assists, but suffers up close.
Metal Sonic - Magneto-esque. Can play rushdown and zoning and can fly, but has very low health.
Cream the Rabbit (Tikal the Echidna as a potential assist for story reasons) - I see her as keepaway with a bit of set up due to Cream.
Shadow the Hedgehog - Rushdown, but with a projectile and teleport shenanigans. Kinda like Wesker. Has 8 way air dash similar to C.Viper.
Rouge the Bat - I kinda see her like Iron Man in UMvC3. Can go up, glide and throw bombs to keep you away, but can deal with you up close.
E-123 Omega - I kinda see him like Broly in DBFZ. Has a neutral/keepaway game, but is primarily a grappler-Juggernaut like character.
Vector the Crocodile & Charmy the Bee - A grappler but with Charmy, can keep his opponent away. Kinda hard to describe.
Espio the Chameleon - Rushdown, almost Strider like.
Blaze the Cat - Shoto. Jack of all trades.
Silver the Hedgehog - Zoner/Keepaway. Low health, not very mobile, but can keep you away and can do glide combos. I see him like Dr. Strange.
Classic Sonic - Shoto meets Rushdown.
Sticks the Badger - Rushdown but can play set-up. I think a Rocket like play style would suit her.
Big the Cat - Grappler, wether by himself or by the fishing net. Can also play a bit of set up with Froggy.
Honey the Cat - Shoto in a similar style to Knuckles but doesn't deal as much damage and has less health.
E-102 Gamma - Zoner/Trapper.
Chaos - Keepaway/Stage control. Dhalsim-esque.
Emerl (Gemerl as an alt. character) - A Seth like style where he can copy abilities. Seth is rushdown so lets go with that for now.
Mephiles the Dark - Keepaway/Stange control. Dormammu-esque.
Erazor Djinn - Zoning/Keepaway due to his sword.
Sonic the Werehog - Keepaway, Dhalsim-esque but with no teleport but deals more damage.
Merlina - Keepaway/Stage Control, Dormammu/Strange-esque
Zavok (assisted by the rest of the Deadly Six) - Grappler with a bit of Captain Ginyu from DBFZ thrown in there so he is a summon character.
Heavy King (assisted by the rest of the Hard-Boiled Heavies) - Captain Ginyu/Commando esque only he's more zoning then grappler.
Infinite - Keepaway/Stage Control, Dormammu/Strange-esque. Can lean a bit into Magneto-esque territory.
Classic Eggman - Same as Eggman, only he's more into zoning then Eggman.
Fang the Sniper/Nack the Weasel - Camper.
Bean the Dynamite - Stage Control.
Bark the Polar Bear - Grappler.
Mighty the Armadillo/Ray the Flying Squirrel - Shoto.

Other potential characters
Captain Whisker/Johnny
D-Fekt

Tangle the Lemur
Whisper the Wolf

Potential Guests
NiGHTS - Magneto-esque. Can zone and rush in with her glide and air mobility (I'd also give her a Reala alternate skin)
Alex Kidd - I dunno, he's kinda difficult to build a moveset. Let's say Shoto for now.
Segata Sanshiro - Shoto/Rekka character. Can chain special moves together. Iron Fist-esque.
Joker - Rushdown, very Strider-esque.
Mega Man - Zoner/Stage Control
I'm going to assume you are doing a UMvC3 like style so I classified the characters in the spoiler as I see them in that style.

Omega can honestly fit a lot of styles. Grappler, Juggernaut or even a Dr. Doom like zoner style as he can also fly and camp with projectiles.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom