• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
hilarious to see people's brain so unga bunga and automatically assume it's a character reveal at stake

sony supporting smash isn't entirely unprecedented, we have :ultjoker: after all. i wouldn't immediately holler like a lunatic in my chair hyping myself up for disappointment. though porky will send frowns to millions when he is shown
Funny enough, I actually theorized a Sony character could have a shot at the VGAs a week or so ago due to King Zells comments earlier this year.

Definitely not taking that Smash tournament as confirmation by any means, but I do find that very interesting.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Y’all need to take a visit to the Nice Person Hotsprings, I can’t believe y’all have never tasted the nice, fatty flavor of a pork chip. King Porky Minch would be displeased.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Kratos is popular, but he'll get the same schmuck thrown at him from the same people who protest Doom Guy. Something something violence bad.

So that really leaves, as in those with the higher base percentages on their side, Ratchet/Clank, Sackboy, and Parappa. All three are equally standing out on their own, though I suppose having a movie gives you some kind of a leg-up. :nifty:
I’m sorry, but ruling out characters for that reason simply doesn’t work in this game.

If we can have Snake, Bayonetta, and Joker running around with Mario & Pikachu like its nothing (The latter wielding a realistic pistol for crying out loud), then pretty much anyone can toned down for this game.

Plus, if they ever chose a Sony rep, I honestly can’t imagine them choosing anyone else.

StormC

Smash Hero
Ash Greninja originated in anime and yet it is Greninja’s Final Smash.

When Sakurai said no to non-video game characters I think he was talking about characters like Goku from Dragon Ball and Iron Man from Marvel Comics. I don’t think he was talking about characters from anime based on Nintendo’s own IPs.

If Jessie and James somehow actually get in Smash, the game can say Jessie and James are from Pokémon Let’s Go and not from the anime. The trophies can talk about them in Pokémon Let’s Go. Their fighter spirits can be their Pokémon Let’s Go art.
Ash Greninja is an alternate form of Greninja, a video game character. Just like Advent Children Cloud, etc. Jessie and James have never been acknowledged by Smash, not even as a Spirit. I don't think it's any different from Ash appearing in games like Pokemon Puzzle League; yes, they are owned by Nintendo/TPC, but I don't think Sakurai would count them still.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Taylor F Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Noipoi Noipoi and many other I apologize if I miss...

I forgot to say that it appears that, I could FINALLY resolve the Mexican Paypal issue (and realize that I am not the only one suffering it, and its because of Paypal's negligence). So now I feel confident again into taking commissions, so, if anyone would like one, please let me know. :> It would help me a lot. Don't worry if it is not possible though, I totally understand. :) Still, I'm at your service.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Just like Advent Children Cloud, etc. Jessie and James have never been acknowledged by Smash, not even as a Spirit.
Yeah can you maybe elaborate on what the **** you mean :4cloud2:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ash Greninja is an alternate form of Greninja, a video game character. Just like Advent Children Cloud, etc. Jessie and James have never been acknowledged by Smash, not even as a Spirit. I don't think it's any different from Ash appearing in games like Pokemon Puzzle League; yes, they are owned by Nintendo/TPC, but I don't think Sakurai would count them still.
Ash was mentioned in a trophy description in Smash 4, and Misty’s anime design was a trophy in Melee. Smash already borrows a lot from the anime regarding voices and whatnot, talking Lucario and Ash-Greninja included.

Although I don’t think Team Rocket is likely, but I would like them. They’d definitely be easier to get than Goku.

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
@Taylor F Metal Shop X Metal Shop X Noipoi Noipoi and many other I apologize if I miss...

I forgot to say that it appears that, I could FINALLY resolve the Mexican Paypal issue (and realize that I am not the only one suffering it, and its because of Paypal's negligence). So now I feel confident again into taking commissions again, so, if anyone would like one, please let me know. :> It would help me a lot. Don't worry if it is not possible though, I totally understand. :) Still, I'm at your service.
You'd even except one from me even if know exactly what to expect and you ain't looking forward to it? :yoshi:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ash was mentioned in a trophy description in Smash 4, and Misty’s anime design was a trophy in Melee. Smash already borrows a lot from the anime regarding voices and whatnot, talking Lucario and Ash-Greninja included.

Although I don’t think Team Rocket is likely, but I would like them. They’d definitely be easier to get than Goku.
Unrelated tangent, but Zoda's trophy in SSB4 uses his plotline from the F-Zero anime where he's made by Black Shadow.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone see Gill in SFV?

Yeah can you maybe elaborate on what the **** you mean :4cloud2:
He said that Advent Children Cloud was like Ash Greninja, a version of a character that didn't originate in-game but was included later. Where as Jessie and James, unlike Ash Greninja or AC Cloud were never acknowledged by Smash.

Though I'm pretty sure they were also in Pokemon Yellow, and since they are characters owned by Nintendo, based on Nintendo games, they could still be eligible. Though I can't say I'm anywhere near interested in them myself.

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Okay, I think Gill looks cool and all, but...

WHY THE HECK IS HE IN HIS UNDERWEAR, and nothing else?
He's a Greek inspired guy. His Brother Urien usually wears the same thing. It makes them look "above you" with them being like Greek Demi-Deities.

I suck at fighting games, but enjoy following them and their stories. So seeing Gill come back is cool after all he's been teased in the original game, but it'd be cooler if they'd just announced a new Street Fighter game with a new story, perhaps taking place after III.

Also, I hate Street Fighter V's art style. Almost every character looks way too roided and blocky.
I like the Third Strike artstyle the most. I don't want the characters to be scrawny looking. And Street Fighter's style has always been anime as hell.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Finally found Riolu. Caught a male and female for breeding, as well as a little test to see if Poke Balls still carry over.

If they do, I should have a new Baby Riolu in a Luxary Ball.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
He said that Advent Children Cloud was like Ash Greninja, a version of a character that didn't originate in-game but was included later. Where as Jessie and James, unlike Ash Greninja or AC Cloud were never acknowledged by Smash.
Thanks for not making the wording vague.

Though I'm pretty sure they were also in Pokemon Yellow, and since they are characters owned by Nintendo, based on Nintendo games, they could still be eligible.
I assumed that was Arcadenik Arcadenik 's point from the beginning.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Street Fighter IV was much worse.
Yeah, Ryu, Chun-Li, Cammy and Zangief for example all look a lot cooler in SFV.

Ken got hit with the ugly stick ever since he went 3D. Though he'd probably look cool in MVC3 if he was in it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Does anyone here by chance know which...
... Den Snom is in? I need it with its H.A.. Serebii lists it as Den #23, but these things aren't numbered.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Mods can you delete those three copy post I made, the system had a hiccup of sorts.
I could only find one; please use the Report feature to draw attention to accidental double posts, it's the best way to let us know.

Noipoi

Howdy!
THEY FIXED EEVEE’S EVOLUTION METHODS

NO MORE MOSSY ROCKS

NO MORE ICY ROCKS

YOU CAN USE THE GODDAMN LEAF AND ICE STONES

10/10 100/100 BEST GAME

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My friends got the new Pokemon and that's peer pressured me into considering getting them.

But I won't.

Shroob

Sup?
My friends got the new Pokemon and that's peer pressured me into considering getting them.

But I won't.
I feel the pressure a bit at times.

Then remember that there's just gonna be a game next year that will just make all my work meaningless, now with the added benefit of potentially making the Pokemon I raised unusable.

If I want a new region to explore, I can just play romhacks. :happysheep:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I mean that kinda how I feel with Nathan Drake. I think he’s a fantastic character, but for Smash I’m really not sure what he’d do. He’s a pretty stock human protagonist.

That’s why I’m never really 100% on board with the “I love this character/game so it NEEDS to be in Smash” train.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
THEY FIXED EEVEE’S EVOLUTION METHODS

NO MORE MOSSY ROCKS

NO MORE ICY ROCKS

YOU CAN USE THE GODDAMN LEAG AND ICE STONES

10/10 100/100 BEST GAME
Actual improvements? Let's get it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Then remember that there's just gonna be a game next year that will just make all my work meaningless, now with the added benefit of potentially making the Pokemon I raised unusable.
1574059762631.png

Great minds think alike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom