• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh god

I just realized that with Gill being in the game now, Lowtiergod has a reason to continue playing SFV again. Noooooooooo-

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Okay, I think Gill looks cool and all, but...

WHY THE HECK IS HE IN HIS UNDERWEAR, and nothing else?
Gill and Urien are inspired by Greek/Roman athletes and statues. Beautiful men with perfect bodies, proud to show them off. Gill in particular has an extreme messiah complex and more than likely would love for the entire world to witness his beauty.

Their banana hammocks are kinda the most notable parts of their classic design, lol. People were super pissed when they thought Urien would be fully clothed in SFV. Luckily Capcom was smart and let players burn off the suit and just leave the underwear.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Gill and Urien are inspired by Greek/Roman athletes and statues. Beautiful men with perfect bodies, proud to show them off. Gill in particular has an extreme messiah complex and more than likely would love for the entire world to witness his beauty.

Their banana hammocks are kinda the most notable parts of their classic design, lol. People were super pissed when they thought Urien would be fully clothed in SFV. Luckily Capcom was smart and let players burn off the suit and just leave the underwear.
Yeah, I like Shroob Shroob 's explanation better. Sorry.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Okay, I think Gill looks cool and all, but...

WHY THE HECK IS HE IN HIS UNDERWEAR, and nothing else?
So there's more red and blue to not be flipped around when his SF3 sprites were facing different directions.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
I suck at fighting games, but enjoy following them and their stories. So seeing Gill come back is cool after all he's been teased in the original game, but it'd be cooler if they'd just announced a new Street Fighter game with a new story, perhaps taking place after III.

Also, I hate Street Fighter V's art style. Almost every character looks way too roided and blocky.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I suck at fighting games, but enjoy following them and their stories. So seeing Gill come back is cool after all he's been teased in the original game, but it'd be cooler if they'd just announced a new Street Fighter game with a new story, perhaps taking place after III.

Also, I hate Street Fighter V's art style. Almost every character looks way too roided and blocky.
I doubt we'll get more content beyond the Champion Edition Expansion Characters. I like to believe this is Street Fighter V's last hurrah before they start to work on 6 for next gen hardware.

I agree with you on the art style too. I firmly believe that Street Fighter VI should take an art-style similar to Arc System Works's 3D games. And give the characters better more realistic proportions.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
*see the title*

The end of a era, huh?

At least, I can say I was here from the beginning of the "temporary" era.

Rest in Ravioli old title.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I doubt we'll get more content beyond the Champion Edition Expansion Characters. I like to believe this is Street Fighter V's last hurrah before they start to work on 6 for next gen hardware.

I agree with you on the art style too. I firmly believe that Street Fighter VI should take an art-style similar to Arc System Works's 3D games. And give the characters better more realistic proportions.
I would like to imagine that work is already being done on Street Fighter VI behind the scenes. That would certainly explain why the content we're currently receiving for SFV is so low effort compared to what's come before.

Good. Because I wasn't dismissing what Idon Idon said. Not trying to be mean by how I am saying this, but my point is, I am aware what he said was true. ;)
Alright.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I would like to imagine that work is already being done on Street Fighter VI behind the scenes. That would certainly explain why the content we're currently receiving for SFV is so low effort compared to what's come before.

Alright.
I would like to imagine that they're also in talks to make a new MvC game, hopefully re-using every character from 3 and 4. Or at least I think that would be a smart thing to do. Same with making a new Darkstalkers. If they really wanna repair the reputation of Capcom Fighting Games, they need to do as much as they can to please fans.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Can I just say that I am extremely confused as to why there is so much support to release the Justice League "snyder cut". Even if it does exist, we got the "Snyder Cut" of Man of Steel and BvS and neither of them were good movies. So why are people assuming that his version of Justice League would be any good?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Holy **** that walking dead episode was so ****ed up.

I am almost crying damn

D

Deleted member

I would like to imagine that they're also in talks to make a new MvC game, hopefully re-using every character from 3 and 4. Or at least I think that would be a smart thing to do. Same with making a new Darkstalkers. If they really wanna repair the reputation of Capcom Fighting Games, they need to do as much as they can to please fans.
The only reputable companies known to the FGC at this point and time, in my opinion, are Nintendo, Bamco, SNK, ArcSys, and some indie companies. Capcom literally lost the faith and trust in the fans, and has to work harder in order for them to regain their old reputation. Unfortunately, some of their latest decisions are sometimes questionable. Maybe they'r eputting less effort into the FGC and putting more effort into their other games (RE, DMC, Mosnter Hunter).

Holy **** that walking dead episode was so ****ed up.

I am almost crying damn
Gotta spoil my dad for that!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The only reputable companies known to the FGC at this point and time, in my opinion, are Nintendo, Bamco, SNK, ArcSys, and some indie companies. Capcom literally lost the faith and trust in the fans, and has to work harder in order for them to regain their old reputation. Unfortunately, some of their latest decisions are sometimes questionable. Maybe they'r eputting less effort into the FGC and putting more effort into their other games (RE, DMC, Mosnter Hunter).

Gotta spoil my dad for that!
What about NRS?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Uh, YEAH, I was expecting some time travel teleportation ****, flying through space and time to get here, some Back to The Futre stuff, including a part when we have to get powered up at an electric station.
Perhaps one day my time traveling powers will be this strong, but until then this will have to do.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I feel like a new Darkstalkers would work well as a smaller downloadable game seeing as how Capcom are afraid to take big risks with it.

Hell, I think the creator of Skullgirls even stated that he'd love to work on Darkstalkers if Capcom would allow it.

D

Deleted member

You do realize that their pipeline and work process has been restructured to avoid developer crunch, which is why MK11’s DLC is taking so long to come out.
I haven't been update about them lately, but at least I know right now.

Still, they do have some bit of reputability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom