• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Gill from Street Fighter III was just announced for Street Fighter V, along with Street Fighter V: Champion Edition. (which might be a complete version of the game? It's coming out February 2020, and it seems to include every single costume up to this point along with a gameplay update)

Last edited:

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
*Looks around himself*

...Hmm, yeah it's really not all that different here. It does smell nice though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What's wrong? Are they milking the game?
Yeah. This is the third version of Street Fighter V they made. It should have all of the DLC characters from the previous versions. So theoretically, you wasted $60 + DLC money for a version that's now obsolete.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah. This is the third version of Street Fighter V they made. It should have all of the DLC characters from the previous versions. So theoretically, you wasted $60 + DLC money for a version that's now obsolete.
I understand, though don't they do that will all Street Fighter games, especially since II?

D

Deleted member

I'm more bothered by the fact that they thought ******* Gill was a good character to kick things off. Like, who even seriously wanted him in the game?
No idea. I just know they've built him up throughout SFV's lifespan through Kolin and Urien. It was only a matter of time, really.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gill from Street Fighter III was just announced for Street Fighter V, along with Street Fighter V: Champion Edition. (which might be a complete version of the game? It's coming out February 2020, and it seems to include every single costume up to this point along with a gameplay update)
That's cool! I always had a feeling Gill would make it in with all the 3 love in this one. Now they just need to add Seth and every Arcade Mode can have it's appropriate boss. I can't wait to pick him up and be a boss!
I'm more bothered by the fact that they thought ******* Gill was a good character to kick things off. Like, who even seriously wanted him in the game?
Raises hand

Rangez

Dimensional Dile-Up
Did they ever say that anyone with a copy of the original Street Fighter V will get another new update for Champion Edition? Like with the Arcade Edition?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
So yeah, pretty excited.

I messed around with the internal clock of the Switch, or at least changed the time for preferred weather conditions and now have a Dragapult.

My team right now, after grinding and trying to find particular Mons, is:

Cinderace
Dragapult
Grimmsnarl
Toxtricity
Corviknight
Bolthund

Pretty impressed with myself that I have a team of entirely Gen 8 Pokemon. I figured I'd pick out Pikachu, or Snorlax, but here we are. I really love the designs of the Pokemon. I really think Turner should stay on as the Design lead, because it's a needed breath of fresh air imo.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, you can pay a reduced price to upgrade your current copy to Championship edition. This is really just an evolution of how they've always done it, only this time, paying $60 for the whole new addition isn't your only option. Remember Street Fighter 4? Be glad you can just pay a few bucks to get the newcomers instead of having to buy a whole new game.
*Aims cannon at her* Permission to fire, Lamperouge Lamperouge .
I think Gill has a cool design and some really cool looking moves and I'm excited to finally be able to control him rather than just get my ass beat by him.

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Here is another hot take if anyone wants one (Actually, I dunno how many people feel the same way)

We can argue about Death Stranding being nominated for GOTY all day long. I understand its not everyones cup of tea.

However, imo at least, it really should win the “best soundtrack” award. It is absolutely beautiful and I have purposefully took my time walking in the game because of it.

D

Deleted member

I mean, you can pay a reduced price to upgrade your current copy to Championship edition. This is really just an evolution of how they've always done it, only this time, paying $60 for the whole new addition isn't your only option. Remember Street Fighter 4? Be glad you can just pay a few bucks to get the newcomers instead of having to buy a whole new game.
Oh boy. It's less **** now instead of entirely flushed down the toilet. Still can't enjoy the practice.

Did they ever say that anyone with a copy of the original Street Fighter V will get another new update for Champion Edition? Like with the Arcade Edition?
No idea.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Okay, I calmed down and took a look at his trailer.

His stage is amazing and his Critical Art is hands down the best one in the game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
They listed something called the upgrade pass in the end slate. So I assume that all current versions of the game will get an update if you purchase that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's odd because they already brought back Urien, who's meant to be the balanced version of Gill.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It's odd because they already brought back Urien, who's meant to be the balanced version of Gill.
I can't wait to see who else drops in. Right now my bets are that Makoto and Q will show up, considering they are the only two of the top 10 most popular characters in Street Fighter history not to make it in, according to Capcom's popularity poll. Crimson Viper also feels like a solid bet. Maybe Retsu? Just to bring in someone from Street Fighter 1 who's never made the jump into the rest of the series yet. Seth is pretty safe too, he's the only final boss in the series history to not currently be playable. Maybe a Rival Schools character considering that it's part of the Street Fighter Universe along with Final Fight.

Also, I really hope it gets at least one guest character by the end.

But considering I wasn't expecting SFV to get more content at all, I'm almost certain Tekken 7 will get a Season 4 too.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Gill was the bad guy of Street Fighter 3, right?

I wonder what his in-game story is?
Yeah, he is.

SFV takes place before SF3 in the timeline and it was already setting up the Illuminati with Kolin and Urien, so I suppose that adding Gill was only a matter of time.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, he is.

SFV takes place before SF3 in the timeline and it was already setting up the Illuminati with Kolin and Urien, so I suppose that adding Gill was only a matter of time.
Can I just say how surprised I was when I finally picked up SFV and got to Kolin and heard the announcer say "Ko-lean" and not "call-in". I seriously thought it was pronounced that way.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Team Yell are literally just shoehorning their way into the story, and not honestly in a bad way.

I like these guys. They're kind of funny.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Okay, I think Gill looks cool and all, but...

WHY THE HECK IS HE IN HIS UNDERWEAR, and nothing else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom