• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well, I'm in a crappy mood right now. I just had two job opportunities flushed down the toilet. And there was nothing I could do about them.

My first one was as a Flight Attendant over at Delta. If anyone knows anything about Flight Attending, then you know it's pretty solid pay with a lot of good benefits. This could've been that job that got me through college with good pay and enough free time and benefits to allow me to work my way the rest of my film degree which I had to take a break on due to family issues and, well, a lack of funds. Alas, my best friend's mom knows someone that works there and he had been talking to her about it. We were going to apply at the same time when he got the go-ahead from her but he applied without telling me so I just had to apply and pray. Then I found out I was never even mentioned in their talks. I know I shouldn't expect people to just help me out without me knowing them personally but, like, he didn't even ask... Kinda hurts me since I've been through everything with him. Long story short, he's moving on in the process and I'm not.

The second one was an Assistant Director job in Georgia which is not that far away from me. As soon as it was uploaded on the 14th I applied but it turns out my school hadn't reviewed the new Resume that I uploaded before today and today was the last chance to send that in. So, I got screwed outta that one too.

Anything happen that might could cheer me up?
Nothing really happened. But I have this picture of a baby sloth.
D55106A9-3586-4DC5-8564-06529E37B77E.jpeg

and a hidden hamster
3A0906DD-282C-4398-A6FE-F0B331C91757.jpeg

And the best big brother ever
F0497063-F2F4-4C7B-9EE9-A02049C4633F.jpeg

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Well, I'm in a crappy mood right now. I just had two job opportunities flushed down the toilet. And there was nothing I could do about them.

My first one was as a Flight Attendant over at Delta. If anyone knows anything about Flight Attending, then you know it's pretty solid pay with a lot of good benefits. This could've been that job that got me through college with good pay and enough free time and benefits to allow me to work my way the rest of my film degree which I had to take a break on due to family issues and, well, a lack of funds. Alas, my best friend's mom knows someone that works there and he had been talking to her about it. We were going to apply at the same time when he got the go-ahead from her but he applied without telling me so I just had to apply and pray. Then I found out I was never even mentioned in their talks. I know I shouldn't expect people to just help me out without me knowing them personally but, like, he didn't even ask... Kinda hurts me since I've been through everything with him. Long story short, he's moving on in the process and I'm not.

The second one was an Assistant Director job in Georgia which is not that far away from me. As soon as it was uploaded on the 14th I applied but it turns out my school hadn't reviewed the new Resume that I uploaded before today and today was the last chance to send that in. So, I got screwed outta that one too.
Bah, that sucks. Sorry it didn't work out.

Anything happen that might could cheer me up?
I lost my shoe in some mud this morning.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
As part of me continuing to work on this ghostbusters idea in my free time, I checked out books from the library on Mythology, Demonology, Parapsychology, and ... well, Ghosts. Can't wait to crack these open.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 242599

Original 4chan thread is deceased and all that remains is this thumbnail.
inb4 that's actually apart of the post-FP DLC.

Seriously though that would be such a weird and out there pick that I would actually be okay with seeing Amingo get in after-all he could have a pretty fun moveset and his design is really interesting.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Source? Either way it be pretty good and my prediction of him being last would be pretty spot on.

EDIT: here it is:
I hate crash but yea this makes sense

he had higher votes from japan in the smash 64 polls than sonic or megaman
I just wonder how the activision/blizzard thing might affect anything

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
aanything else or did they just focus on crash
Unrelated to anything earlier, but I was discussing this idea with my roommates earlier and I wanted to ask, how many of you would be interested in an animated series based off the Harry Potter books? Something that would be on a streaming service like Netflix or Hulu?
IMG_20191017_082812.jpg

Gimmie gimmie yes please

D

Deleted member

Source? Either way it be pretty good and my prediction of him being last would be pretty spot on.

EDIT: here it is:
If this dude is right he also said we would be getting a Mallow/Smithy Mii Costume plus Chocobo's return as a costume plus no Geno Mii Costume? hmmm..

Interesting.. Very interesting.. Also yeah I would be fine with either Crash or Ryu Hayabusa both would make perfect sense to me and would be cool.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hate crash but yea this makes sense

he had higher votes from japan in the smash 64 polls than sonic or megaman
ifs he’s fighter five then it’s too late for now.

Crash is more Activision related then blizzard and Activision seems less involved in the blizzard **** show then blizzard themselves

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
ifs he’s fighter five then it’s too late for now.

Crash is more Activision related then blizzard and Activision seems less involved in the blizzard **** show then blizzard themselves
Activision and blizzard may be owned by the same parent company, but their actions are very much their own and they have very little influence over each other’s actions. Activision has nothing to do with the Blizzard stuff.
If this dude is right he also said we would be getting a Mallow/Smithy Mii Costume plus Chocobo's return as a costume plus no Geno Mii Costume? hmmm..

Interesting.. Very interesting.. Also yeah I would be fine with either Crash or Ryu Hayabusa both would make perfect sense to me and would be cool.
I honestly think both are pretty likely by Ultimate’s end.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

If Crash or a Blizz character is already in the works it's not gonna change anything, they're not just gonna throw the character out over the controversy, and it's not like Nintendo are strangers to doing business in China either.
Though if talks for a character were still ongoing/haven't happened yet, then I could see them maybe deciding to back off.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I honestly think both are pretty likely by Ultimate’s end.
Yeah I know a lot of people say that but I want to keep my expectations in check because I really want Geno.

Anyways if this leak is real and we do end up getting Geno with those costumes I do hope Mallow gets a bigger role than just a Mii Costume in some sort of way be it appearing in his taunts like Morgana or in his final smash like the other heroes in Hero's final smash.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I beat Bayonetta yeet yeet
have I missed anything in the past couple hours?
Bayonetta? I have questions while it's fresh in your mind! Answer, or don't answer, it's all good!
What'd you think of it?
What was your favorite enemy to fight? Least favorite? Why?
Which combos did you use the most?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Beyond people just chasing e-clout, certain businesses will actually pay good money for accounts with high karma for advertising purposes
They actually matter to some extent on sites like Reddit/Twitter. Instead of here, where it's ACTUALLY pointless.

I think a "Super Smash Kart" could work as long as they handle the non-Mario characters the same way third-parties are handled in Smash. Don't make them the focus, limit each series to one or two characters, and don't give each franchise a new track in each Mario Kart - instead, just choose a few to bring back for the retro cups and battle arenas.

Also, while I doubt this will ever happen, it'd be pretty surreal if Pikachu and Mewtwo were somehow playable racers in a Mario Kart game.
That sounds boring. If you're gonna make a crossover racing game, why limit what it could provide and have it stay 85% Mario? Might as well go in harder with the Zelda, Metroid, Kirby, Starfox, F-Zero ect ect.

Last edited:

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Bayonetta? I have questions while it's fresh in your mind! Answer, or don't answer, it's all good!
What'd you think of it?
What was your favorite enemy to fight? Least favorite? Why?
Which combos did you use the most?
I thought it was great, i'm planning on playing the sequel.
I thought the final boss was cool, gracious and glorious were a pain in the neck to fight with their ridiculous amounts of damage.
Combos? It really just depended on what I was fighting.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat Bayonetta yeet yeet
have I missed anything in the past couple hours?
Papa genos has a very strong source saying crash is the final fighters pass rep and that mallow and smithy get costumes implying geno is coming.

this source predicted most of the mii costumes and so other big things like the rocket and goemon ones. As well as backing banjo for a long time and saying lumineary was the face of the dragon quest character not erdrick, and some other stuff.

supposedly the source knows someone at IGN. Which would make sense with November very soon and a smash direct very likely coming. Journalists knowing this ahead would make sense and crash is within a pretty close timeline to banjo’s leaked timeframe if crash is indeed coming and the direct is early on.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Papa genos has a very strong source saying crash is the final fighters pass rep and that mallow and smithy get costumes implying geno is coming.

this source predicted most of the mii costumes and so other big things like the rocket and goemon ones. As well as backing banjo for a long time and saying lumineary was the face of the dragon quest character not erdrick, and some other stuff.

supposedly the source knows someone at IGN. Which would make sense with November very soon and a smash direct very likely coming. Journalists knowing this ahead would make sense and crash is within a pretty close timeline to banjo’s leaked timeframe if crash is indeed coming and the direct is early on.
That's pretty great. I hope it's true, i'd like to see Crash get in but i'm more excited about the possibility of finally getting Geno.

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, does it even matter who the 5th character is? With more DLC confirmed, the "5th character" lost a bit of punch to it since it's no longer the last. :dr^_^:

osby

Smash Obsessed
At this point, does it even matter who the 5th character is? With more DLC confirmed, the "5th character" lost a bit of punch to it since it's no longer the last. :dr^_^:
Well, that's a good thing. It means 5th fighter can avoid the usual "why didn't they save the best for the last?!" ****storm.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Because whoever we get fifth we get to play as first, so if it’s someone super cool and fun then that’s pretty great, otherwise we might have to wait for some of the other characters to release before we play them. It all comes down to who is first and how much of a wild speculation turns into

Shroob

Sup?
Well, that's a good thing. It means 5th fighter can avoid the usual "why didn't they save the best for the last?!" ****storm.
You're right, but only technically right.

Because that just delays the blame to the actual final dlc character.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Do we know this source or do they only tell the clickbait youtuber?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I mean IF it is Crash, people shouldn't be that disappointed, because he's a fairly big icon who had a long history, a decent chunk of that Nintendo related, and even the games that were's Nintendo related, got remakes on Nintendo systems. And he's been requested a bit since Brawl, building up more and more after other characters like Sonic, Mega Man and so on got in.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I mean IF it is Crash, people shouldn't be that disappointed, because he's a fairly big icon who had a long history, a decent chunk of that Nintendo related, and even the games that were's Nintendo related, got remakes on Nintendo systems.
You can just say he's popular among old, Western fans.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Do we know this source or do they only tell the clickbait youtuber?
-papagenos clickbait.

Yeah i don’t think you’ve watched his videos have you? He’s not giving up his sources because they are usually right( the ones he chooses to actually cover because he researches and validates them first.) and he wants to keep their identity a secret.

trust me he wouldn’t cover someone if there wasn’t a good basis for it

Shroob

Sup?
Can confirm.

I leaked **** to Papagenos back in like... September. Guy's a good guy and will cover your ass hard.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yeah i don’t think you’ve watched his videos have you?
i think gwen has some vendetta against the man at this point, she's always got a bone to pick with him

always

always

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can confirm.

I leaked **** to Papagenos back in like... September. Guy's a good guy and will cover your *** hard.
I’m sure someone like scoliosis Jones can attest to it too because I’d be shocked if he didn’t speak to genos at some point

D

Deleted member

You can just say he's popular among old, Western fans.
I always heard that Crash was pretty popular in Japan. The Crash Dance did come from a Japanese commercial for the first game after all.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Crash is in, his trailer needs to be like the live action Crash commercials where he went to Nintendo. It be too perfect otherwise.

Shroob

Sup?
what the hell did you leak to the papa
How spirits functioned.

For some ****ing reason, to this day I'm not sure why, I was let into a 'group' that had basically all the insider deets, like what Echoes were in the game, etc.

Considering the info lined up with Veggie Burger and there was 0 way anyone just guessing could have forseen every echo up to that point including Richter, I just messaged him saying

"Hey, Spirits? They're like Stickers, probably replace trophies."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom