• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I just randomly remembered something I’ve wondered ever since I was a kid. So in Shrek 2 the potion Shrek and Donkey take transforms you AND the person who is your true love. Donkey’s true love is Dragon. So WHAT DID DRAGON TURN INTO!?!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Shroob

Sup?
So like

The Smiling Friends team 100% got into the whole Scrimblo Wars huh lol.

God, I still cannot believe something like the concept of Scrimblos got turned into an actual funny episode of a show I love.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So like

The Smiling Friends team 100% got into the whole Scrimblo Wars huh lol.

God, I still cannot believe something like the concept of Scrimblos got turned into an actual funny episode of a show I love.
The memetic bashing of platformer games and mascot characters got reconstructed by reminding people of why those games and characters were beloved (whether they were popular among mainstream audiences or simply had cult followings) in the first place.

Not to mention how hyped fans were when Banjo and Kazooie made a triumphant return in Smash Ultimate after over a decade, which gets referenced with Gwimbly making a triumphant return in-universe as part of a new fighting game's roster in the episode's ending.

I didn't even play any BK games besides Nuts and Bolts, but seeing the two beloved characters finally join the battle still brought the biggest grin to my face.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah I saw what he did after. And the whole trail. And the fact he was not convicted if what I’m reading is accurate.

Overall, remind me to do research before posting
One of the craziest parts of this story is one of the worst ways they fumbled an easy conviction.

In court OJ’s lawyers testified he would never be able to physically do something like this because of actual physicality issues.

However when police raided his house, they found the pilot for a show he was in that was set to come out like a week before the trial. It was called frog men and had him as part of a team of marines.

OJ did all of his stunts In it, and in one scene he holds a woman at knifepoint in an image that was leaked years later, and has way to many similarities to the actual case.

Unfortunately the raid was done without the proper channels taken and was pretty much completely thrown out, meaning nothing they found could be used legally.

The pilot never aired on tv and is now lost media. Making it one of the craziest stories for lost media.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Now I’m wondering what’s next for the movies. I hope we get another Godzilla focused film, give him the kind of character development that Kong has had.

I want more of those monster-only scenes with no dialogue, but with the G-Man this time.
I too also hope Godzilla comes to Animal crossing

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now I’m wondering what’s next for the movies. I hope we get another Godzilla focused film, give him the kind of character development that Kong has had.

I want more of those monster-only scenes with no dialogue, but with the G-Man this time.
That's what Adam Wingard was expressing interest in doing for the next film.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
To be quite honest, I think It is time I take some stuff out of my chest which has been creeping me out and made anxious online these past months. It is a problem which has gone on for way longer than It should have been, and I feel that my honest words need to be shared on the matter. And since I'm gonna delete my account here ideally for good (if Cyndane lends me a hand with being able to fill an account deletion request), may as well do It right now.

So, with all that said...

... Wademan94 Wademan94 , I don't know how you are with the rest of the thread as of now, but at least with me... You have treated me worse than a butler or a videogame store employee these past months.
I get It, I wasn't the greatest person back then, and I did a lot of stuff even I regret... But the fact everyone but you has moved on, the fact you ghost me as if I were nothing but dust, and specially the fact you have refused to sort things out politely between us, has made me take this choice of bringing it up publicly.

And ngl, based on past experiences over at your "cool kids club" (The Experience Point Discord server) where I genuiely saw you using that place to clown on me over being "an annoying F4 fan who poops themselves over them not appearing in a game" and from which btw I have been blacklisted for reasons nobody from the server wants to talk with me... I have nothing but genuine reasons to be concerned about whatever stuff you are sharing around regarding my identity.

And say what you will, but look at how I've acted on the server these past five months: there hasn't been any weird episodes regarding my presence probably until now, and I've seeked professional help to genuiely improve as a person. Besides my parents I have like three professionals helping me out to become a greater person, overcome my traumas of the past, deal with all my IRL stuff going on right now with my grandpa and studies. I have also made a lot of IRL friends just being the way I am right now... So idk, I feel the one who is being kinda petty right now is you.

This may sound even more rude, but these past months you reminded me of the two persons Who made me drop out of university: they were walking bombs which at the bare minuscule change of tone leaning towards a more negative light went into full mental breakdowns. They were texting me at 3am to tell me to stay away from their lifes just because I told them in the most polite way possible "ey, I wanna have normal conversations with you two about how our days are going. Maybe don't look at me in weird ways and neglect any sort of visual/verbal contact with me just for asking how's your day going".

Anyways, tl;dr: I have genuine reasons to feel that you haven't been a decent person towards me, even if at some point you had completely fair and respectable reasons to do so. I'm at a point where I don't care about whether or not you are gonna reply to me with a post or if some people from the thread Will come to your defense for being "the more mentally stable one" as a certain friend of yours would imply.

That's all, I won't respond to any messages on the thread or by Wade at all unless they are PMs from people who I have deep trust with. The moment this post gets sent I will talk with staff to try to delete my account and spend more time with people who do care more than him about my well-being.
I wasn’t gonna respond at first since I don’t like airing out dirty laundry, but I’m not letting you get away with lying to everyone like this. And to make it clear, these are my words alone, no one put me up to this other than you.

I have never said anything of the sort or referred to you in that way and unless you can back that up with evidence, I’m not gonna apologize for something I didn’t say. I don’t know where you got that assumption from but I never tried to badmouth you in the past. You’re acting like you’ve been actively pursuing me to make amends but the only interaction I can see within the past couple months outside of maybe some likes is you responding to one of my messages asking the thread for help with Pokémon trades. And I only didn’t respond to you OR Noipoi was because I already got help from someone on Discord and it slipped my mind to clear that up.

Yeah I wasn’t interested in acknowledging you or engaging with you for a while, but did you expect me to forgive you and forget the stunts you pulled, carrying on with you like nothing happened? Did you think that your words and actions wouldn’t cause long-term damage and you wouldn’t have to face the consequences? I refuse to let you pull me back into that toxic cycle you put me and several others through.
Are you forgetting all the drama you started with badmouthing several members, including some of my friends, which is what led you to being blacklisted in the first place. You’ve lashed out at us and threw hissy fits several times because we didn’t immediately respond to your posts, as if you don’t think we have lives outside the internet and believe our existences revolve around you. Oh and let’s not forget all the worry you caused us with your supposed running away from home and all the inconsistencies in your story.

I’ve given you many chances to better yourself, from what I could remember I was one of the first people to reach out to you and lend you an ear but you’ve crossed too many lines and burned too many bridges for me to have any patience or sympathy left for you. I’m tired of you playing the victim card when you’re the one who pushed us away and refused to acknowledge the issues you caused. You have no one to blame but yourself.

And also, you didn’t have to make this public. You made no effort to talk to me about any of this privately. The fact that you made this post proves to me you still haven’t changed as much as you believe you have. If you truly believe I’m being the petty one here, then you have no self-reflection.

If on the off chance you are reading this, I honestly do hope you truly make improvements to your behavior, not for me but for yourself and the people you choose to surround yourself with. But I can’t be one of them. Don’t expect me to talk to you again if you return and you can take your little smear campaign and shove it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I’ll never understand why people think monster movies need to have humans in them as anything other than murder fodder or obstacles for the monsters. Like, sir, I’m here to watch Godzilla fight monsters and destroy Tokyo. I don’t care about how your marriage fell apart and your kid hates you.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll never understand why people think monster movies need to have humans in them as anything other than murder fodder or obstacles for the monsters. Like, sir, I’m here to watch Godzilla fight monsters and destroy Tokyo. I don’t care about how your marriage fell apart and your kid hates you.
When done well, the human perspective allows us to see how the terror of these creatures is affecting people just trying to live their lives. Minus One does this exceptionally.

Unfortunately most of these movies don’t do it that good.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I haven’t seen it. I like kaiju. I just heard other people say it isn’t good.

Also bad shows get multiple seasons all the time.
Oof true, I suddenly forgot about Velma this morning...-_-

Might be personal bias but I enjoyed it, it expands on the lore of the MonsterVerse and ties into the movies more directly explaining things that the movies doesn't.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
With how many times Godzilla and Kong just shows up to wreck a city you'd think they'd just make the cities Kaiju proof.

Like they can't put in a law that makes Kaiju's illegal? Nah they're just asking for Godzilla to wreck their ****.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I just randomly remembered something I’ve wondered ever since I was a kid. So in Shrek 2 the potion Shrek and Donkey take transforms you AND the person who is your true love. Donkey’s true love is Dragon. So WHAT DID DRAGON TURN INTO!?!
Probably nothing. Dragon was perfect the way she was.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Probably nothing. Dragon was perfect the way she was.
I actually looked it up and apparently they talked about it on the director's commentary
Quoting from the Director's Audio Commentary co-directors Kelly Asbury and Conrad Vernon said:
We worked on that a loooong time. I mean, how do we show that that potion affects Fiona as well as Shrek? I mean yeah, big blue flash, yeah one flash. I think there was one point, because Donkey was, Donkey changes into a "noble steed", everyone asks, yeah but we asked ourselves, everyone asked us afterward, 'Who does Dragon change into?'
Right
And at one point we did have her change into a Pegasus, a biiig pink horsie with wings ... and I still think offscreen, she's a pegasus somewhere right now, wondering what the heck's going on and flying around...and then she changes back into a dragon before the end of the movie.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Now if they had actually had her as a Pegasus in the movie, then well... that could have been a decent explanation for how it happened wink wink. But then they would have had to hold off on showing the Dronkeys till Shrek 3 instead of having them at the end of 2.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
It's funny and sad seeing PokéTubers trying to find any way to continue talking about Legends: Z-A.

A rumor saying 16 new Mega Evolutions? lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25
Top Bottom