• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Jondolio

Smash Hero
What is tis!? Are pigs actually flying!?

Folks that are actually saying how some franchises should be left alone and with a good ending!?

What suddenly changed yer minds!?

Mind blown
I usually look at it in a case by case basis. Before KFP4 got any promotional material I was on board with the idea of a continuation but it really depended on the execution. That's usually what it boils down to in my opinion.

Usually it's not executed well

Noipoi

Howdy!
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So since we're on the topic of franchises continuation. What do you guys think for Spongebob? Do you think it should end by this point or not?

I heard its gotten better overtime again, can't say the same for The Simpsons and Family Guy tho...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So since we're on the topic of franchises continuation. What do you guys think for Spongebob? Do you think it should end by this point or not?

I heard its gotten better overtime again, can't say the same for The Simpsons and Family Guy tho...
Well, Nick definitely breathed new life into it after the 2nd movie, and in terms of animation it is marvelous to look at. They still have bangers every now and then.

But in truth, it no longer appeals to me. Modern Spongebob is now doing stuff that makes little kids of today laugh. I am 22. But if kids these days get the same kick out if the Sponge as I did when I was their age, then by all means let the show continue unless they're all out of ideas. For the kids.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I have not watched an episode of SpongeBob in years. I'm content with letting the show stay a memory in my brain, a show I loved as a kid and has partially shaped my tastes but doesn't really have much to offer to me these days. Not because it's not enjoyable, but mostly because I'm no longer interested.

I'm also not the target audience anymore, so it's not like it matters. Let the kids have fun, it's not like kids cartoons these days get much better than this from what I've seen

StormC

Smash Hero
Some franchises lend themselves better to longterm iteration than others. Series like Star Trek, Doctor Who, and Kamen Rider have existed for over half a century and are constantly trying new things, new settings, new characters, and so on. I also generally don't feel like those continuations cast a shadow over the previous ones. But if after One Piece ended on Oda's terms, the next week Shueisha announced Two Piece, I would feel it would cheapen the original series to an extent. I think the more likely option is they try to have someone write/draw a Gold Roger prequel manga and maybe rope Oda into a consulting role.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Simpsons actually did manage to get better overtime (within the past 3 years specifically), so I guess being yellow has benefits

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
To be quite honest, I think It is time I take some stuff out of my chest which has been creeping me out and made anxious online these past months. It is a problem which has gone on for way longer than It should have been, and I feel that my honest words need to be shared on the matter. And since I'm gonna delete my account here ideally for good (if Cyndane lends me a hand with being able to fill an account deletion request), may as well do It right now.

So, with all that said...

... Wademan94 Wademan94 , I don't know how you are with the rest of the thread as of now, but at least with me... You have treated me worse than a butler or a videogame store employee these past months.
I get It, I wasn't the greatest person back then, and I did a lot of stuff even I regret... But the fact everyone but you has moved on, the fact you ghost me as if I were nothing but dust, and specially the fact you have refused to sort things out politely between us, has made me take this choice of bringing it up publicly.

And ngl, based on past experiences over at your "cool kids club" (The Experience Point Discord server) where I genuiely saw you using that place to clown on me over being "an annoying F4 fan who poops themselves over them not appearing in a game" and from which btw I have been blacklisted for reasons nobody from the server wants to talk with me... I have nothing but genuine reasons to be concerned about whatever stuff you are sharing around regarding my identity.

And say what you will, but look at how I've acted on the server these past five months: there hasn't been any weird episodes regarding my presence probably until now, and I've seeked professional help to genuiely improve as a person. Besides my parents I have like three professionals helping me out to become a greater person, overcome my traumas of the past, deal with all my IRL stuff going on right now with my grandpa and studies. I have also made a lot of IRL friends just being the way I am right now... So idk, I feel the one who is being kinda petty right now is you.

This may sound even more rude, but these past months you reminded me of the two persons Who made me drop out of university: they were walking bombs which at the bare minuscule change of tone leaning towards a more negative light went into full mental breakdowns. They were texting me at 3am to tell me to stay away from their lifes just because I told them in the most polite way possible "ey, I wanna have normal conversations with you two about how our days are going. Maybe don't look at me in weird ways and neglect any sort of visual/verbal contact with me just for asking how's your day going".

Anyways, tl;dr: I have genuine reasons to feel that you haven't been a decent person towards me, even if at some point you had completely fair and respectable reasons to do so. I'm at a point where I don't care about whether or not you are gonna reply to me with a post or if some people from the thread Will come to your defense for being "the more mentally stable one" as a certain friend of yours would imply.

That's all, I won't respond to any messages on the thread or by Wade at all unless they are PMs from people who I have deep trust with. The moment this post gets sent I will talk with staff to try to delete my account and spend more time with people who do care more than him about my well-being.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

Even though I don't like modern Spongebob as much, I think it shouldn't end as long the episodes airing are appealing to the audience.

Occhi Vuoti

Smash Cadet
The entertainment industry was something I've wanted to experiment with, but I don't want to aim to align with Hollywood anymore. I don't have the personality to pretend to have a perception opposed to my personality anymore, as I've done that the majority of my life to fit in and survive, as I'm too much of an non comformist to divert that any further. I've rejected those people last year, but I've blocked their contacts this time around because they've reached out again.

Nothing seems to connect with career choices, but at the end, it's just a job to me honestly. Nothing special.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Saw Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire today.
It was a decent followup to Afterlife though weaker than the earlier film.
I can comfortably say that Godzilla X Kong was the better experience overall.
I respect your opinion, but I liked Frozen Empire better than Afterlife.

Top Bottom