• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was never going into a Mario movie for a story that'd make me look at my life differently lol
The benchmark for me is the first Sonic Movie, which I personally found just OK, biggest criticism I had is that it is a very generic film that barely had anything to do with Sonic half of the time. This looks like a generic film but with a lot of Mario love put into it, so hopefully it passes that benchmark.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So uhhh

With the Mario Movie showing the Brothers starting out in actual New York

I mean a lot is implied here, for example in one of the Mario Plumbing ads the Twin Towers are absent implying that-

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Well, I did it. I tried to include as much as I could, at least that I felt could fit in to this wackiness

Edit: Added Peep and Pocoyo characters. I feel quite stupid for forgetting them.

Mascots
Dot
Dash
Dee
Del

Sesame Street
Big Bird
Elmo
Abby Cadabby
Grover
Cookie Monster
Count von Count

Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?
Carmen Sandiego
The Chief

Barney and Friends
Barney
Baby Bop
BJ

The Magic School Bus
Ms. Frizzle

Kratts’ Creatures
Ttark

Arthur
Arthur
D.W.
Buster
Francine

Zoboomafoo
Zaboo

Dragon Tales
Ord
Cassie
Zak and Wheezie

Between the Lions
Theo Lion
Cleo Lion
Click the Mouse

Clifford the Big Red Dog
Clifford and Emily

Sagwa the Chinese Siamese Cat
Sagwa

Cyberchase
Matt, Inez and Jackie
THE Hacker
Buzz and Delete

Liberty’s Kids
Sarah Phillips
James Hiller
Henry Richard LeFevbre

The Berenstain Bears
Papa Bear
Brother Bear
Sister Bear

Maya and Miguel
Maya
Miguel
Paco

It’s a Big Big World
Snook the Sloth

Fetch!
Ruff Ruffman

Franny’s Feet
Franny

Peep and the Big Wide World
Peep
Quack

Pocoyo
Pocoyo
Pato
Elly

Curious George
George
The Man in the Yellow Hat

Super Why
Super Why
Woofster

WordGirl
WordGirl
Captain Huggyface
Dr. Two-Brains
The Butcher

WordWorld
Dog
Duck
Pig

Martha Speaks
Martha
Skits

Sid the Science Kid
Sid

Dinosaur Train
Buddy
Tiny
The Conductor

SciGirls
Izzy

The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!
Cat and Fish
Thing One and Thing Two

Wild Kratts
Chris Kratt
Martin Kratt
Aviva
Koki
Jimmy Z
Zach

Daniel Tiger’s Neighbourhood
Daniel Tiger
Prince Wednesday
Catarina
O the Owl

Peg + Cat
Peg
Cat

Odd Squad
Ms. O
Odd Todd
The Jackalope

Nature Cat
Fred
Hal
Daisy
Squeeks

Ready Jet Go!
Jet
Sean
Sydney
Mindy
Sunspot

Splash and Bubbles
Splash
Bubbles

Pinkalicious and Peterrific
Pinkalicious
Peter

Let’s Go Luna!
Luna the Moon
Leo
Carmen
Andy

MOLLYYYYYYY OF DENALI
Molly
Trini
Tooey

Xavier Riddle and the Secret Museum
Xavier
Yadina
Brad

Hero Elementary
Lucita Sky
Benny Bubbles
AJ Gadgets
Sara Snap
Fur Blur

Elinor Wonders Why
Elinor
Olive
Ari

Donkey Hodie
Donkey Hodie
Purple Panda
Duck-Duck
Bob Dog

Alma’s Way
Alma
Junior

Rosie’s Rules
Rosie
Gatita
Iggy
Javi

Work it Out Wombats!
Malik
Zadie
Zeke and Snout
I'll probably go back to this once Lyla in the Loop comes out next year

And I might add some characters from the short subjects as well, just need some time to think it over...

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So Papa Genos decided to leak everything he knows about Multiversus. Keep in mind his source was pretty much 100 percent accurate so far so this gives a good outline of what to expect. Big post and big spoilers so…

7DB02682-0BEF-4D3B-93C4-2BC4EE63B344.jpeg E27469DE-636C-4D21-9845-7A9CCE844F33.jpeg
09146422-DF2C-48FC-B232-12A3DB59FEEB.jpeg
3D47137C-02D5-41DF-B330-5758BDC65292.jpeg
So leaked and datamined characters are characters 100 percent being worked on, most of which have datamined stuff backing it. Doesn’t mean they will all be available right away, but they are locks.

Echos May have been planned to pad out releases before the **** down and may now be cut. Could go either way.

the 60+ list is a list of characters that is floating around at player 1st games. WB may have forced some of these and the devs may have contributed more of them. None of them are guaranteed, just a “ hey maybe we will do these”

Limbo consists of characters actively talked about between the devs or they they apparently got offered to use. Paramount said they could have SpongeBob without being asked, spider man is apparently something Sony approached then with and winning fighting game of the year for more companies interested in them.

there’s also a “hey these would be cool to do but we aren’t going to work on them anytime soon” characters. They are:
Grim

The Eds

Master Chief

Bionicle

Optimus Prime

Jojo characters

Jonsey

terminator.

Lastly some interesting side stuff, a whole bunch of costumes. Several Steven universe character ones, several cut from events that already happened and apparently Reluctant Werewolf Shaggy will be a skin. Which is hype.

Also there is a comic apparently being worked on alongside other media. The comic has Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman searching for bugs, Steven universe, and the wicked witch. Except they don’t call them by their names and instead code names, like Steven is the Star child.
So that’s a lot to take in and Papa Geno’s stream is on his channel now to watch with a lot more in depth info. But this is very worth talking about and if they can get the ball rolling, the game has a lot of potential going forward.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
So Papa Genos decided to leak everything he knows about Multiversus. Keep in mind his source was pretty much 100 percent accurate so far so this gives a good outline of what to expect. Big post and big spoilers so…

View attachment 370345View attachment 370346
View attachment 370347
View attachment 370348
So leaked and datamined characters are characters 100 percent being worked on, most of which have datamined stuff backing it. Doesn’t mean they will all be available right away, but they are locks.

Echos May have been planned to pad out releases before the **** down and may now be cut. Could go either way.

the 60+ list is a list of characters that is floating around at player 1st games. WB may have forced some of these and the devs may have contributed more of them. None of them are guaranteed, just a “ hey maybe we will do these”

Limbo consists of characters actively talked about between the devs or they they apparently got offered to use. Paramount said they could have SpongeBob without being asked, spider man is apparently something Sony approached then with and winning fighting game of the year for more companies interested in them.

there’s also a “hey these would be cool to do but we aren’t going to work on them anytime soon” characters. They are:
Grim

The Eds

Master Chief

Bionicle

Optimus Prime

Jojo characters

Jonsey

terminator.

Lastly some interesting side stuff, a whole bunch of costumes. Several Steven universe character ones, several cut from events that already happened and apparently Reluctant Werewolf Shaggy will be a skin. Which is hype.

Also there is a comic apparently being worked on alongside other media. The comic has Superman, Wonder Woman and Batman searching for bugs, Steven universe, and the wicked witch. Except they don’t call them by their names and instead code names, like Steven is the Star child.
So that’s a lot to take in and Papa Geno’s stream is on his channel now to watch with a lot more in depth info. But this is very worth talking about and if they can get the ball rolling, the game has a lot of potential going forward.
Wow.

What a jerk lol.

I get he gets his income from speculation and hype culture but completely pulling the rug out from under Player First Games like that's just scummy.

Assuming any of this is true, of course.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Question: I feel like even getting a modded New 3DS XL is too expensive and I can’t finance too much right now (planning to do so for my future new pc for sure) but I am wondering. I may or may not still have a circle pad pro XL laying around (got it for Kid Icarus Uprising but never used it for that game) can the CPP function like the C stick in a New 3DS XL? Like for moving the camera for Majora’s Mask 3D
old post, but does anyone know?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow.

What a jerk lol.

I get he gets his income from speculation and hype culture but completely pulling the rug out from under Player First Games like that's just scummy.

Assuming any of this is true, of course.
I can sort of see that. But like half the list is the devs basically throwing a dart on a board and not doing anything else.

He also kept several things secret because he didn’t thing he would be allowed to say. He’s also under the impression that any of this can change and likely will.

This gives us a good insight into the devs mind and what went wrong/how they might redux their structure at the very least. As I do agree, a lot of it will likely happen and not happen how we expect.

The datamined and leaked character are basically things we’ve known about for months. With the leaked list being what the devs wanted and alluding to having planned for season two, they just couldn’t do it.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero

View attachment 370347
View attachment 370348

Grim

The Eds

Master Chief

Bionicle

Optimus Prime

Jojo characters

Jonsey

terminator.

We already knew a lot of this, but I doubt we'll be getting SpongeBob or Spider-Man any time ever.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
It's PapaGenos, it could be fake af
Probably is, but it's still scummy practice on his part.

What clout chasing does to a mf I guess.
I can sort of see that. But like half the list is the devs basically throwing a dart on a board and not doing anything else.

He also kept several things secret because he didn’t thing he would be allowed to say. He’s also under the impression that any of this can change and likely will.

This gives us a good insight into the devs mind and what went wrong/how they might redux their structure at the very least. As I do agree, a lot of it will likely happen and not happen how we expect.

The datamined and leaked character are basically things we’ve known about for months. With the leaked list being what the devs wanted and alluding to having planned for season two, they just couldn’t do it.
Wow! He graciously kept some things secret. How nice of him!

Sarcasm aside, it's scummy to reveal insider information even if it's conceptual or will likely get changed.

This sort of leaker culture is what ruined Ultimate Speculation and probably pulled the wind out from under Multiversus when it came to character reveals and speculation (though they did a lot of it to themselves, unfortunately). Considering how small and tight-knit the Multiversus community is, it's impossible to escape from the leaks too like you could with Ultimate leaks. It's ultimately harmful to the game, but I doubt PapaGenos cares so long as he gets those sweet, sweet clicks and ad money.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It does not work with the new 3ds XL unfortunately. The size is very different and that one already has a C stick, even though it’s not that great.
no, i mean. i dont HAVE a N3DS XL, im just wondering if the CPP for my OG 3DS XL will function similarly to the C stick on the N3DS XL

Reactions: Z25

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 370347
View attachment 370348

Grim

The Eds

Master Chief

Bionicle

Optimus Prime

Jojo characters

Jonsey

terminator.

Yup tis too good to be true. Knew Godzilla never would have made it.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
no, i mean. i dont HAVE a N3DS XL, im just wondering if the CPP for my OG 3DS XL will function similarly to the C stick on the N3DS XL
Oh, then I would say it probably functions even better than the New 3ds one.
It's PapaGenos, of course it's fake lmao.
Maybe the extra stuff is, but the datamine stuff is 100 percent accurate and we’ve had mountains of evidence backing up the datamine and the leaked character section. Same for the echos.

Outside of that, the rest is fair game, but as wrong as his sources can be, whoever is hooking him up here has been spot on(such as him having seen what the joker looks like and other things backing that up)

has some inside info for sure. Likely it’s one of the main dataminers who we also knew has sources outside of their data skills.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yup tis too good to be true. Knew Godzilla never would have made it.
Tony has already alluded to wanting him. Just not wanting to do a giant character so soon. That and the right issues now leave him in a questionable spot that could go either way.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peach living her dream

Top Bottom