• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
So um, here's what I've been doing.

Having seen what some of y'all have done and many YouTube videos, I've been toying with ideas for a Fakemon region (named the Rhionea region) of my own, but I absolutely s u c k at drawing.
Rhionea Starters.png

But here's my starters, in any case. I have my Route 1 ideas ready too, but they don't look much good either lol. I have some other ideas as well, namely a fun new idea for a regional Ralts line variant, but I dread what Gardevoir would look like if I tried to draw it lmao

I'd go into more detail, but I don't want this post to be a million miles long lol

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
DC being Bowser is hilarious
People said it might be a mistake because there was a mayor with the last name bowser and google may have taken those votes instead.
I'm not moving to California or Maine ever. Michigan?.... eh, if it's the UP.

But no, I live in one of the Daisy states :yoshi:
Maybe the other states will become cultured after playing the new Yoshi’s island track.

Noipoi

Howdy!
So um, here's what I've been doing.

Having seen what some of y'all have done and many YouTube videos, I've been toying with ideas for a Fakemon region (named the Rhionea region) of my own, but I absolutely s u c k at drawing.
View attachment 369200
But here's my starters, in any case. I have my Route 1 ideas ready too, but they don't look much good either lol. I have some other ideas as well, namely a fun new idea for a regional Ralts line variant, but I dread what Gardevoir would look like if I tried to draw it lmao

I'd go into more detail, but I don't want this post to be a million miles long lol
We are all united by fire snakes, apparently.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Pokémon Uranium lives…? Well kinda:

The same team is making an open world feeling fan game with uranium Pokémon and new ones. Also a whole new story that doesn’t rely on badge progression.

looks really interesting and already has a demo around 14 hours or so of content.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am lol

But c'mon

The book series was a mistake. Charlie bot is dumb.
No you see they made Charlie a robot so they can explain the lore of the games because clearly Michael's a robot.

Or maybe Crying Child's the robot.

Also Gregory's a robot? Or maybe Gregory is the Crying Child, this making them both the same person and also a robot?

Look somebody in this ***** is a robot :239:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am lol

But c'mon

The book series was a mistake. Charlie bot is dumb.
Oh I know. I'm almost all the way through book three.

Although I gotta say, Book 1 was fine. It it had been standalone I think we'd be ok.

But yeah all that stuff with remnant and robot kids and sound illusion discs was stupidly handled in the books (seriously, we're supposed to believe that the man who invented Chuck E. Cheese also invented the Terminator BEFORE he invented the chuck e. cheese robots!) and then it bled through into the games and is still just as stupid.

But hey, now Afton is Sigma and we're close to having a FNaF game with Mega Man mechanics I can smell it.

Shroob

Sup?
No you see they made Charlie a robot so they can explain the lore of the games because clearly Michael's a robot.

Also Gregory's a robot? Or maybe Gregory is the Crying Child, this making them both the same person and also a robot?

Nah, Gregory isn't a robot.

He's a piece of **** though.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

The dumb thing is that this all reads like mad ravings but is also all probably true because that's the kind of series this is now. Whoopee.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And since we're on the topic, am I the only one who's kind of annoyed with what they did with Afton?

Not the whole bringing him back a million times thing, we all hate that. What I mean is-

When we found out he was Springtrap, it felt fitting. This guy is a disgusting psychopath who murdered children, cursing them to a life stuck haunting these giant, clunky, cartoon animal mascot suits. When they weren't forced to perform they were rotting in a warehouse for decades.

But in perhaps the ultimate act of karma, William himself becomes trapped in one of the suits as well. And it's obviously incredibly painful, even after he dies. He shambles around like it's agony to even move, making pained grunts and haggard breaths. It hurts to just exist as Springtrap. He's a broken, bloody mess who can never be freed from his animatronic prison. Just like his victims.

But then he's suddenly talking in clear, coherent sentences and he's all like "Actually I like being a rabbit corpse because I'm a mad scientist who wants to be immortal lol" and it kinda feels like they forgot what made the character cool and scary. Especially now that he's a reanimated AI or some ****.

Shroob

Sup?
And since we're on the topic, am I the only one who's kind of annoyed with what they did with Afton?

Not the whole bringing him back a million times thing, we all hate that. What I mean is-

When we found out he was Springtrap, it felt fitting. This guy is a disgusting psychopath who murdered children, cursing them to a life stuck haunting these giant, clunky, cartoon animal mascot suits. When they weren't forced to perform they were rotting in a warehouse for decades.

But in perhaps the ultimate act of karma, William himself becomes trapped in one of the suits as well. And it's obviously incredibly painful, even after he dies. He shambles around like it's agony to even move, making pained grunts and haggard breaths. It hurts to just exist as Springtrap. He's a broken, bloody mess who can never be freed from his animatronic prison. Just like his victims.

But then he's suddenly talking in clear, coherent sentences and he's all like "Actually I like being a rabbit corpse because I'm a mad scientist who wants to be immortal lol" and it kinda feels like they forgot what made the character cool and scary. Especially now that he's a reanimated AI or some ****.
God, yes.

It takes soo much impact of the scene of him getting trapped away.

It goes from "HAH! Karma!" to "Oh, uh.... you like pain, Peepaw Willie?"

Shroob

Sup?
Fq58ruraUAA6NEZ.jpg

Guys, Gamefreak's hired gones are outside of my building right now, so if you don't hear from me again, you know what happened, but I've done it. I've made my way into the DLC early, and it's beautiful. Hisuian Pokemon are real, they live! They never went extinct! The government is hiding this information from you! Don't believe their lies! Spread the word! Spread the word! Spread the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 369203

Guys, Gamefreak's hired gones are outside of my building right now, so if you don't hear from me again, you know what happened, but I've done it. I've made my way into the DLC early, and it's beautiful. Hisuian Pokemon are real, they live! They never went extinct! The government is hiding this information from you! Don't believe their lies! Spread the word! Spread the word! Spread the worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
I'll visit you in prison.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

It always did confuse me because the books were like "Henry was the genius and Afton was the business" and now they have to write around him suddenly being able to build things as advanced as Baby on his own. I always though the right way to handle the whole "Afton Robotics" plotline was for it to be a buisness he managed where he got other people to build the robots for him, micromanaging it so that not enough people ever quite put the puzzle together that they were building murder machines. But no. HE'S the mad scientist personally brilliant enough to build the damn things.

Springtrap being pain though... never worked for me personally. I never bought that he was actually alive in that thing. He was just a ghost posessing the robot he died in but his corpse was actually still there and rotted into the components. As someone who consumes a lot of Ghostbusters stuff (especially the comics) that all just made sense to me. He moved in shambles because it was put together wrong. He didn't talk because... idk why... but yeah I buy that he likes being one with the rabbit. It's his true serial killer alter. But yeah the mad scientist and immortality stuff.... i'm just sitting there like why. Seriously this franchise needs a few major retcons.

Retcons it could do easily by having a game with a clearly stated plain story for once that actually clarifies details. Where characters who know about things talk about those things with each other. Just "clarify" what from the books was actually cannon. And by clarify I mean retcon the few details that imply sound illusion discs, remnant, and robot kids are all things in the games while simultaneously giving us better and more satisfying alternatives.

Like is that too much to ask? To have a story that's actually a story. It's why most of my fan creations related to this series are goofy spinoffs akin to Freddy in Space 2 and Security Breach: Fury's Rage.

Noipoi

Howdy!
It always did confuse me because the books were like "Henry was the genius and Afton was the business" and now they have to write around him suddenly being able to build things as advanced as Baby on his own. I always though the right way to handle the whole "Afton Robotics" plotline was for it to be a buisness he managed where he got other people to build the robots for him, micromanaging it so that not enough people ever quite put the puzzle together that they were building murder machines. But no. HE'S the mad scientist personally brilliant enough to build the damn things.

Springtrap being pain though... never worked for me personally. I never bought that he was actually alive in that thing. He was just a ghost posessing the robot he died in but his corpse was actually still there and rotted into the components. As someone who consumes a lot of Ghostbusters stuff (especially the comics) that all just made sense to me. He moved in shambles because it was put together wrong. He didn't talk because... idk why... but yeah I buy that he likes being one with the rabbit. It's his true serial killer alter. But yeah the mad scientist and immortality stuff.... i'm just sitting there like why. Seriously this franchise needs a few major retcons.

Retcons it could do easily by having a game with a clearly stated plain story for once that actually clarifies details. Where characters who know about things talk about those things with each other. Just "clarify" what from the books was actually cannon. And by clarify I mean retcon the few details that imply sound illusion discs, remnant, and robot kids are all things in the games while simultaneously giving us better and more satisfying alternatives.

Like is that too much to ask? To have a story that's actually a story. It's why most of my fan creations related to this series are goofy spinoffs akin to Freddy in Space 2 and Security Breach: Fury's Rage.
Oh don't get me wrong, I never felt that Springtrap was still alive. Just that the pain managed to persist even after death.

Doesn't make that much sense, but ghost rules are flexible :4pacman:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Oh don't get me wrong, I never felt that Springtrap was still alive. Just that the pain managed to persist even after death.

Doesn't make that much sense, but ghost rules are flexible :4pacman:
I guess that makes sense. Still makes sense to me that he likes being the rabbit. Even if he is in pain.

But hey, now he's being tortured by his victims in Ultimate Custom Night while a copy of his brain turned into a computer virus is running around in his reassembled corpse body so.... yay FNaF.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Now, my attention has shifted onto the Super Mario Movie fully. Can't wait to see Chris Pratt Mario and Luigi's journey soon.
Screenshot_20230310_204303.jpg

Top Bottom