• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Been going on a bit of a Mario marathon, for obvious reasons.

Blasted through the classic trilogy, just started on World.
I really need to get back to that too. My current priorities are New Super Luigi U, Super Mario Advance 4: Super Mario Bros. 3 (e-Reader levels), Super Mario Bros. Special (fan made NES port of the Sharp X1 game), and MAYBE the NES Super Mario World bootleg.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So fun fact about me:

I have never beat the original SMB. I'm so used to the significantly better controls from SMB3-present that I actually suck at playing the original. I can't get past the first world without utilizing warp zones, that's how bad I am.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've actually been doing the same thing but with Zelda.

Currently working my way through Majora's Mask, the fifth game of the marathon.
Wow, I too been marathoning a series, but with Kingdom Hearts. Started ot last summer with beating 1 and 2, and like 15 minutes of COM before going to Youtube.

Currently near the end of Dream Drop, the marathon had to be put on haitus cause of me going back to college but picked it back up this winter with BBS and damn this some peak gaming. Can't wait for what comes next

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
osby osby Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade if I were to stop going to Tartarus before the final boss, and end up having to climb up to the top on the day of the final fight…would I still have to fight the guardian bosses?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I have $60 bucks worth of E-Shop money, so I guess I'll be nabbing Forgotten Land soon.

And if I got some leftover, I'll try that Twewy game that two people bought but hail it as the greatest game ever made

The whole game was so damn RNG I legit couldn't get past Agrabah (which was the 2nd world for me)

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Hey, at least they didn't remove him entirely :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Hey, at least they didn't remove him entirely :yoshi:

Wazowski moment

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I'm American, and I would ship her straight to non consensual hooters for this.

Edit: that might of went a wee bit far, I apologize.
Im more confused about what a non consensual hooters is
He was just blown away by the state of America
359562888050211.png

A hit tweet

Last edited:

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
There was a problem fetching the tweet

Isn't even my favorite franchise, but everyone treats these games so unfairly. Having at least 3 or 4 high quality games (in this case Island, Story and Woolly World and throw in Tetris Attack if you want) imo makes it a stable enough franchise. And all the others get needlessly dogpiled as if they were the worst ever when they're not, especially in DS and Crafted World's case. I prefer CW over Kirby Star Allies for one thing (and speaking of which, the amount of unnecessary comparisons to Kirby when they're not even remotely similar franchises is sad).

I do think he deserves better, i.e. he needs a 3D platformer when even Wario got one back in the day. But he hasn't been "done dirty" at least in isolation. I do recognize he's now in a slump and any other Nintendo franchise that isn't super small has gotten out of slumps, Animal Crossing, mainline Mario games, Metroid, Fire Emblem, even ****ing ZELDA felt they needed to refresh the series even though what they were doing before was just fine. So it's overdue.

Only once the Yoshi series gets an obnoxiously toxic fanbase will it truly be recognized as a franchise worthy of love :yoshi:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
And Knockout City is closing down

That is at least 5 live services shut down this week. God I hope the games industry realizes that not everything has to be a live service.

The game industry spends so much money and crunches their employees to make a game that exists for a year and then shuts down because it didn't meet their unrealistic money quotas.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Just finished season 1 of Star Wars: Visions and enjoyed it very much. Cool to see a different look at the franchise.

Funny that I finished not long after the announcement of the studios taking part in season 2.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And Knockout City is closing down

That is at least 5 live services shut down this week. God I hope the games industry realizes that not everything has to be a live service.

The game industry spends so much money and crunches their employees to make a game that exists for a year and then shuts down because it didn't meet their unrealistic money quotas.
Wow EA shutting down a live service game after a year? Where have I heard this one before

Top Bottom