• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So uh...

Y'all picked up any new hobbies? Started a new series? Any interesting games y'alls playing?
I've gotten back into Death Battle. Been currently catching up from where I left. Currently on season 7.

Also been watching Vinland Saga. I love viking culture especially when it comes to Iceland which I'm really interested in for some reason. Been also replaying God of War (2018) to get ready for Ragnarok and been playing Paper Mario: The Origami King.

As for hobbies...Have gotten back to reading again a while back, currently reading the Kronos Rising books.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
So uh...

Y'all picked up any new hobbies? Started a new series? Any interesting games y'alls playing?
Suzie Cube is a fun 3D platformer that I started messing with a few weeks back and plan on picking back up again soon. It's a cute nod to Super Mario 3D Land and is tailor made to feel it. Also was messing around with Sonic games today and discovered I can basically make Sonic Lost World play like any other Sonic game by telling Steam Input to do a Right Trigger press whenever I fully tilt the left stick, automating the run button.

I've expanded my emulation library capabilities by acquiring the means to rip PS3 discs and Vita carts. Sony products are shockingly easy to emulate (PS3 legit just needs a compatible Blu-Ray drive lol), as is the Xbox 360: The Xbox literally lets you download games to a hardrive where you can then decrypt them on PC. Will probably do that with Sonic 06 at some point to play the Legacy of Solaris mod and eventually try to pick up Viva Pinata 1 and Trouble in Paradise and rip them too.

Lets see, what else...Uh...

Spy X Family is good.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So uh...

I've started a new playthrough of Elden Ring thinking I'd try a new build

I'm currently using the exact same build as last time instead because choice is an illusion

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So uh...

Watching MHA, as I mentioned earlier. Also been watching some more Spy x Family, and working on a rebrand. (Which means my username is changin', haha.)

cashregister9

Smash Hero
So uh...

Toby Fox has a grip on my Psyche and I am tempted to replay Undertale and reread Homestuck

Other than that I have been bouncing between Overwatch, Splatoon and Fortnite while also working on personal projects to prevent a thought from occurring.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Toby Fox has a grip on my Psyche and I am tempted to replay Undertale and reread Homestuck

Other than that I have been bouncing between Overwatch, Splatoon and Fortnite while also working on personal projects to prevent a thought from occurring.
If "a thought" is what I think it is, keep pushing through.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So uh...

I’ve been trying to learn Java and Blender, getting motivated to do more art I want to make, playing Terraria, Minecraft and other stuff, make music…that’s about it.

I’ve learned Java basics and Blender seems to be a bit easier than I used to think. There’s a cool tutorial series by RyiSnow for making a 2D RPG game in Java, and that as well as tutorials from a Minecraft modder called Kaupenjoe (and also searching some things on Google) have helped me understand it; been trying to take notes, too, and I’m wanting to see other tutorials. Hopefully I can take a more in-depth online course soon.

For Blender, so far I made an isometric bedroom and a froggy based on tutorials, and watched a couple or so basics tutorials. Honestly, I mainly started learning Blender because I’m wanting to make an SM64-style Sans model for a music video (I made a Megalovania cover in the Mario 64 soundfont, using a recreation I made based on DeathZman’s “tutorial” video as a reference), but making models seems fun to do in general so I may do more in the future if my other interests don’t take over. I have yet to actually make the Sans model or even start it, not sure when I will.

Music, I have a few different unfinished projects although they’re all fanworks. One includes a Minecraft Steve Megalovania (original based on Minecraft motifs, not a funny skeleton cover), and I have a lot of it done, but I still gotta make the last 2-3 sections of the song. My confidence and motivation for working on it sorta fluctuates, but I think what I have for it so far sounds good at least.

As for my 2D art interests, I like drawing stuff but I tend to lose confidence/motivation at times like with the music. I know though, I just gotta practice more and not worry as much. Kinda weird tbh since I am satisfied by some of what I make, I guess I just have some subtle worry it won’t turn out the way I’d like sometimes. I did at least make the Halloween art in my profile pic, though.

edit: I forgot, but for Java there was another tutorial series by “mybringback” that helped me too. iirc it’s a little over a decade old, but thankfully Java seems to stay mostly consistent as it updates (although the old applet code (or something like that) used in his series seems to be outdated or deprecated for security reasons, as I could only get it to work in Java 8 in an older Eclipse, so maybe not as good as I first thought for today’s standards, but still helped me a bit). Kaupenjoe’s did help me understand a bit more though, I believe, and he covered the basics of some things mybringback didn’t, like maps and arrays. RyiSnow also has a cool video over making a pathfinding AI based on the A* (A-Star) search algorithm.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Finished Mob Psycho Season 1 and 2. I love it. And props to Reigen for being such a good character.

And now having all of my seasonals first episodes have been watched here's how I'll rank them:

1. Chainsaw Man
2. Do it Yourself
3. Spy x Family
4. Reincarnated as a Sword
5. Akiba Maid War
6. Urusei Yatsura

Shroob

Sup?
Also I just now noticed this but they ended support for BDSP sooner than they did for SwSh.
Fire Red/Leaf Green: Needed sequels that added onto the Gen1 content to bridge it better with Gen 2

HS/SS: Considered to be some of the best Pokemon games of all time

ORAS: There's soo many changes it's almost difficult to truly call these just remakes

BDSP: FAITHFUL remake, except only kinda

Dukefire

Smash Master
I just had some sessions with Dragonball The Breakers. Boy was it an interesting experience with the Dead by Daylight feeling.
Screenshot_20221014-083645_YouTube.jpg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
So uh...

Well I started listening to BTS and I rarely listen to k-pop
I just had some sessions with Dragonball The Breakers. Boy was it an interesting experience with the Dead by Daylight feeling.
View attachment 362306
There was one streamer that just couldnt get a game started. The anticheat would kick him out almost immediatly

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Rare Disney W, the Owl House premiere is on Disney’s YouTube channel:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I make repeat cause it is still truth
This is true. Despite all the challenges, they pulled it off and made one of the best episodes of the show. Great character moments and some pretty hype setup for the next two. I hope they put the final two episodes on YouTube as well, it’s great publicity to send the show off on.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
So uh...

Got addicted to Pikmin 3 while waiting for my Splatoon copy

Got back into anime with Chainsaw Man and Spy x Family

And been trying to read more, I'm reading The Shining and Rurouni Kenshin though not on a regular basis
Rare Disney W, the Owl House premiere is on Disney’s YouTube channel:
"Video is unavailable in your country"

Thanks Didney

Won't be able to watch it until tomorrow at the earliest unfortunately
Same

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Also I just now noticed this but they ended support for BDSP sooner than they did for SwSh.
SwSh pretty much got support casually and competitively from the start till the very end of Gen 8. No other real game from Pokemon has had support for that long. But yeah, BDSP was treated like a Let's Go Pikachu game rather then of an actual remake because it basically wasn't an actual remake.

Last edited:

Aligo

Smash Ace
Given the more mixed responses to BDSP, I'm imagining that the inevitable Black/White remakes will be more of the ORAS remake style

At least I hope so, ORAS is GOAT
Thanks to alpha sapphire, the bike theme plays in my head whenever I cycle.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’m the one who had a dream where there was stuff, like there was another me and everything was lots of fun and I went and saw the other ones and there was a little lumpy one and another windy middle one and there were things that they had around that I knew what they were but I don’t know now and then they went away…

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I’m the one who had a dream where there was stuff, like there was another me and everything was lots of fun and I went and saw the other ones and there was a little lumpy one and another windy middle one and there were things that they had around that I knew what they were but I don’t know now and then they went away…
have you ever had a dream

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
British people reference

Top Bottom