• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wouldn't say they fumbled it, really, they just didn't have any new games to show.

...which they probably should've been upfront about but the ports everyone and their mothers were asking for + the long overdue concert are not bad at all imo.
Yeah, Dispite everyone hoping for p6 and atlus not being upfront that p6 wasnt happening, i got my p4 on switch so im pretty happy

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, Dispite everyone hoping for p6 and atlus not being upfront that p6 wasnt happening, i got my p4 on switch so im pretty happy
I'll admit, I'm kinda getting impatient for P6 but who knows what's going behind the scenes? Maybe they want to make it a global release for all modern consoles and that's why it's taking so long.

Though, I shouldn't expect any news until people have a chance to experience P3-5 first.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I have heard nothing positive about OW2 since it came out. No gameplay, no memes, not even a "SFM Cartoon".

Must've been a flop.
The game falls into the rare category of multiplayer games where the people who don't play the game almost hate it more than the people who play it.

almost.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I have heard nothing positive about OW2 since it came out. No gameplay, no memes, not even a "SFM Cartoon".

Must've been a flop.
I'm pretty sure NSFW artists getting their hands on the game models garnered more praise and excitement than the launch itself.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Here's another question while I wait for December 8th: how would you rank the six main movie companies in terms of content output?

Disney
Universal
20th Century (counting them still cuz we knew them as a separate company for most of our lives)
Sony
Warner Bros
Paramount

Basically which of these six provided the most shows, films etc. that you like
Warner Bros. > Disney > Paramount > the other three

Paramount is mostly cause of Cheers and Frasier. WB and Disney have put out a lot of stuff I enjoyed though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know regarding one of my Lost Tapes story ideas? Decided I just might attempt to make that into a short story instead.

Inspiration came to me after hearing about Katie Berry's Claw.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When you do really get down to it. Knuckles is an idiot.

Dude first time falls for Robotik's trick into fighting Sonic and later games proceeds to keep falling into his schemes again and again.

Noipoi

Howdy!
When you do really get down to it. Knuckles is an idiot.

Dude first time falls for Robotik's trick into fighting Sonic and later games proceeds to keep falling into his schemes again and again.
He’s just naive is all. If you spent your whole life completely alone cuz you had to watch over the world’s most sacred ring pop, you wouldn’t be the best with social cues either.

Or at least that’s how he’s supposed to be. For a while they just straight up made him stupid.

Thanks Sonic 2 for fixing him.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He’s just naive is all. If you spent your whole life completely alone cuz you had to watch over the world’s most sacred ring pop, you wouldn’t be the best with social cues either.
How are you naive if you keep falling for the tricks from the same person over and over again? Sounds pretty dumb to me...You'd think there'd come a point Knuckles would know not to trust Robotik.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Here's another question while I wait for December 8th: how would you rank the six main movie companies in terms of content output?

Disney
Universal
20th Century (counting them still cuz we knew them as a separate company for most of our lives)
Sony
Warner Bros
Paramount

Basically which of these six provided the most shows, films etc. that you like
All of them are equally bad because all companies are bad

Actually no scratch that, Disney is the worst of them by far though Warner Bros is doing a pretty good job in trying to one-up them

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So regarding that short story idea I had based on one of my Lost Tapes idea I had a while back.

A divorced father from Toronto taking his children to the Yukon for a camping vacation, they soon find themselves being stalked and hunted by a prehistoric bear (Arctodus simus aka the short-faced bear) that had apparently recently awakened from hibernation after 12,000 years.

It'll have the theme of what lengths fathers will go to for their own children.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Still undecided if I'll watch The Game Awards live this year.

If a new Mario movie trailer is guaranteed then it's likely.
With the new crash game seemingly being there, most likely the Mario movie and I’m sure a few other surprises; it could be a really good showing this year.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
lol I'm not watching Snooze Awards

I've been watching it for years for the laughs and giggles, but man, I work a full time job now and have significantly less free time, I ain't wasting it on funny Dorito Man's Night of Mid.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This is a good sign for the movie:

Noipoi

Howdy!
And it doesn't matter if Chris Pratt is a true Mario fan or not.

Bob Hoskins didn't know what Mario was before accepting the role for the 1993 movie and neither did Charles Martinet when he auditioned for the games.
What do you mean?

He clearly used to spend all day stomping on…

On uh…

Uh…

Hold on, lemme check the script…

Top Bottom