• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm in the theater about to watch Thor. If you told me a month ago I would have waited a week and a half to watch this movie I wouldn't have believed you, but the mediocre reviews scared me off. At least my expectations are tempered, I'm mostly expecting it to be a worse Ragnarok (which I really liked)
Okay so it wasn't nearly as bad as people were making it out to be, There were a few comedic bits that overstayed their welcome (Thor pining over Mjolnir and Stormbreaker reacting being the biggest one) and the children abduction was a bit weird, but overall I thought it was pretty good (probably still worse than Ragnarok). It definitely could have used a longer runtime though, Gorr should have spent a bit more time butchering (especially considering that they had actually filmed the necessary scenes) and I was genuinely unsure what happened to Sif after her reintroduction.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
So that's why they added Kamala: because her original costume in the comics is a modified swimsuit.
we must now give Kamala even more clothes for her swimsuit outfit…and idk what to imagine for Hulk

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Speaking of remakes...I as a human being will never be complete until someone makes a remake of the first three Jak and Daxter games. We got the Crash remakes, we got the Spyro remakes, Ratchet and Clank is still going...only fair we complete the quadrilogy.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I hate working...........but hey.

So much cool stuff next week.

Xenoblade 3
Re: Zero light novel
Mario Strikers update

Might also be getting Bakemonotagari on Blu-Ray ( Lamperouge Lamperouge wouldn't mind your thoughts on the anime) since its estimated to be arriving next week if I buy.

A lot of stuff on my mind but **** sake I need to talk to you guys more. Like the most decent crowd (I think) I can get on with these days.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
There's a rumor that Sonic Frontiers drops November 8th. Ten days before Gen 9.

View attachment 356910

Sega, Nintendo, please. You can't gang up on my wallet like this :239:
Actually that may not be the case

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
ARMS only has one game on Switch so it's a flop and everyone hates it and Nintendo wants it dead, sorry.

Now, where's that new DKC game?!?!?!
I feel like I have terrible luck with my favorite characters and how well received they are from Smash fans, lol
I fully believe ARMS 2 is coming someday and every NintendoTuber and unfunny Twitter user is gonna be so confused because of the narrative they've tricked themselves into believing about the series.

It's gonna be really funny.

And if it doesn't happen?

Then I'll look silly, which is always funny.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jirae race:

1658326270400.png

“I am Jirae Titan. I won’t be defeated this time. You can count on that.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Greek mythology. Titans were a group of gods that were born from Uranus and Gaia; the primordial beings of sky and earth. Originally, they were a group of twelve but some of their children are also considered Titans. They are siblings with the three Cyclopes and the three Hecatoncheires. Just like the youngest Titan, Cronus overthrew his father, he and the other Titans were later defeated by Cronus’s children, the Olympian deities.

Skills: Fierce Roar, Deathbound, Titanomachia, Impaler’s Animus

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Raptor race.

Titan’s design is a bit too modern for my taste (he’s wearing 10th-century armor) but it’s still not a bad way to depict a warrior race. As Titan is not based on a specific character, it’s hard to talk about his design but I like to think he’s supposed to represent Cronus in particular. Can you believe he was never seen to have the skill Titanomachia?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Might also be getting Bakemonotagari on Blu-Ray ( Lamperouge Lamperouge wouldn't mind your thoughts on the anime) since its estimated to be arriving next week if I buy.
Bakemonogatari is basically "Anime Characters Talking To Each Other And Going Off On Random Tangents: The Show", and I personally love it for that. The action is almost nonexistent but the characters are so rich and Studio Shaft's style is incredibly unique that it makes for an enjoyable watch. However, as I've mentioned to you before back when you asked about the LN, the series is really big on Japanese wordplay and such that will be lost in translation unless you put in the research.

Also, a common stylistic choice of the Monogatari anime is to have random text flash on screen for a second or two. I do not recommend pausing the show to read every line of it and just catch what you can.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Arms was a neat game with some very fun character designs and Min Min was a great addition to Smash and the gimmicks she brought along with her are fun.

Also I am still upset about the graphic novel.
So true, we need a sequel just to get the story that we woulda gotten in the comic.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Arms was a neat game with some very fun character designs and Min Min was a great addition to Smash and the gimmicks she brought along with her are fun.

Also I am still upset about the graphic novel.
Yeah, the graphic novel cancelation made me furious.

I still hope someone out there is translating the ARMS Sugo Ude Gag Fight manga (which I own)

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually that may not be the case
I am not for Denuvo honestly, so I won't defend it, but what exactly is wrong with it?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was actually like “I would rather play Pokémon Shining Pearl than Multiversus” earlier today. I’m glad everyone else is loving that game so much but man… it’s a real letdown for me.

Like I understand this is just a beta and that things will change by the actual launch. But I’m just… not happy about the game. I should be. This should be my game. But I hate it.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was actually like “I would rather play Pokémon Shining Pearl than Multiversus” earlier today. I’m glad everyone else is loving that game so much but man… it’s a real letdown for me.

Like I understand this is just a beta and that things will change by the actual launch. But I’m just… not happy about the game. I should be. This should be my game. But I hate it.
You seem genetically predisposed to hating most things.

Last edited:
Top Bottom