• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok so on one hand, the Dr. Doom casting is hype.

On the other hand, yeah you can tell Marvel execs were pressed for cash.

Shall I be seated for more superhero slop? Maybe.

yeah
RDJ Dr. Doom is such a weird casting choice that I don't think he is playing the real Dr. Doom and is just playing a Multiverse variant because if not then what the hell.
I guess this Dr Doom is a Tony Stark variant or some lame **** like that instead of actually being Victor himself.
So what is Doom gonna be an evil Stark?

That’s kinda weird. I guess they just really wanted RDJ back to save the MCU. Feels kinda desperate ngl :dkmelee:

I’m still gonna watch it
It’s half cash grab but also was always the smartest way to replace Kang.

Doom is not only integers to both secret wars, but Iron Man has the perfect setup.

His entire arc was about control and protecting the world.

So what would have to an Iron man who manages to fully shield his world with the Ultron protocol, and realizes there’s a whole multiverse?

Of course he would naturally go mad with power and maybe even turn to the psychic abilities to ensure that protection.

You could even just make this version of doom someone that grew up knowing Reed and maybe has elements of Iron man’s story mixed with his.

Definitely a lot of untapped potential.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
See, and I’m not sure if you know this, but when normal people don’t like something they just ignore it. They don’t hope it dies so nobody who actually likes it can enjoy it anymore. Y’know, it’s called empathy. Understanding the feelings of others even if they don’t align with yours.

It’s a good thing you aren’t in charge of any studio cuz you’d make a lot of enemies :nifty:
ok that’s fair. I need to be able to just let people like things they like.

It just feel like it would be really fun to be in the group that likes the popular thing because they’re getting all the attention and there’s a lot of them. And when the popular thing doesn’t appeal to me I feel like I need to tear it down so the thing that I like can rise higher. But that’s not how things work. Nothing good comes from being so antagonistic and I need to catch myself more before I’m just needlessly mean and rude to people who are just having fun. I’m sorry.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
yeah I’m pretty sure Laura is the same one as in Logan due to the movie taking place in the Deadpool timeline (just countless years later), which would explain why she showed up with the Pool crew at the end of the movie. It does help with making the chance of her being the main Wolverine of the MCU more likely thankfully.

Tho it does make me curious over how the 2 X-Men timelines still manage to stay separate despite the Deadpool/Logan factor connecting them both together…and if Laura will pull a Future Trunks and be unaffected by the inevitable Logan situation if it occurs…or perhaps it already happened during the 6 year period…

Also the Blade joke about him being the only one was an underrated joke…and all of Gambit and Johnny was amazing
]
I think the likeliest explanation is that this is a branched timeline. Which the TVA no longer erase. We see the lines spanning from his universe when B-15 shows him her temp pad.

It’s likely that the future still happens, but they are on a branch of that timeline where they have a Logan and Laura who survive before and after that movie. Essentially the events still happen, they just replace them at that point in the timeline, securing their worlds existence.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And when the popular thing doesn’t appeal to me I feel like I need to tear it down so the thing that I like can rise higher. But that’s not how things work. Nothing good comes from being so antagonistic and I need to catch myself more before I’m just needlessly mean and rude to people who are just having fun. I’m sorry.
Yeah, you’re better than that. The way to prop up the stuff you like is by positively speaking out about it, openly and proudly being a fan. That’ll attract other people who might be interested and you’ll make more fans.

Being an asshole will just make people think your favorite [thing] is a [thing] for assholes.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Let's be honest. The reason they got RDJ back is because Disney is becoming desperate and wants to make sure Marvel continues to succeed after films like The Marvels and prior to Guardians 3 continued to underperform.

Audiences are just used to the pre-phase 4 actors/characters. That's why Bulletproof Monk 2 underperformed, Eternals underperformed. Why do you think No Way Home was the only film to succeed?

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Let's be honest. The reason they got RDJ back is because Disney is becoming desperate and wants to make sure Marvel continues to succeed after films like The Marvels and prior to Guardians 3 continued to underperform.

Audiences are just used to the pre-phase 4 actors/characters. That's why Bulletproof Monk 2 underperformed, Eternals underperformed. Why do you think No Way Home was the only film to succeed?
RDJ was already a 100 percent locked in for secret wars. Doom probably was too as he was in initial reports years ago alongside Kang.

as for casting for Doom, who knows, but everything else was locked in for sure.

Also bro forgot about Loki, black panther 2, and Guardians 3

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Also didn't we get a trailer for DC's Creature Commando? Don't think I saw any talk about it which is a shame, it seems neat
Creatures Commando should be a great representation on both how the DCU will be, as well as how Peacemaker S2 + Waller will handle the different universe. It also showcases another streak of good DC animated shows

man I wonder why a Spider-Man movie would succeed

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
man I wonder why a Spider-Man movie would succeed
Being arguably the most popular Marvel character. Helps too he was part of pre-phase 4 MCU.

Audiences don't care for characters post-phase 4 like the Eternals (Such a snoozefest) and Bulletproof Monk 2.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
According to the trades who leaked this casting last week, Kang is still in the movie and getting recast, he just won’t be the main villain anymore. My guess is doom kills all the kangs.
Wow...That's just lazy writing. You build up to Kang being the next Thanos but then just sideline him at the last minute for another villain instead in a clearly desperate move.

I'm out of words tbh.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Wow...That's just lazy writing. You build up to Kang being the next Thanos but then just sideline him at the last minute for another villain instead in a clearly desperate move.

I'm out of words tbh.
Maybe but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. My bet is doom was always in both scripts. They didn’t say Kang was gone when announcing this movie. So I’m betting they recast him, announce who later and talk about how the film will be Kang vs Doom with our heroes in the crossties. Culminating in secret wars, where like the comic, doom takes over everything.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Maybe but I wouldn’t jump to conclusions. My bet is doom was always in both scripts. They didn’t say Kang was gone when announcing this movie. So I’m betting they recast him, announce who later and talk about how the film will be Kang vs Doom with our heroes in the crossties. Culminating in secret wars, where like the comic, doom takes over everything.
Bringing RDJ back alone is clearly desperation. It's fairly clear. Lol.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Bringing RDJ back alone is clearly desperation. It's fairly clear. Lol.
Again are you honestly going to sit there and say he wasn’t already locked in to secret wars after endgame?

Because if you are, you’d be just clearly in denial. Again him as doom, who knows if that was always the plan.

But he was 100% a lock to come back without any question

Noipoi

Howdy!
Day 6: Delphox

I give this Pokemon a lot of **** but I don't think it's that bad, there's just a few things holding it back for me.

First of all, it's 3D model is really lame. It just stands there looking like a furry yellow traffic cone with Hey Arnold hair.

Second of all, I feel like they could've done more with the design. Change the shape of the ears and the hair so it looks more like a witch's hat, make the stick longer like a wizard's staff. I think they could've pushed the theming farther.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Man could you imagine if a Sonic comic and a Mega Man comic crossed over? With Ian Flynn writing?

Those Worlds Colliding would be really cool. Too bad it never happened.
Yeah, I know about the Archie version of the crossover. I just want one with IDE Sonic, since he is also canon Sonic.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion

I give this Pokemon a lot of **** but I don't think it's that bad, there's just a few things holding it back for me.

First of all, it's 3D model is really lame. It just stands there looking like a furry yellow traffic cone with Hey Arnold hair.

Second of all, I feel like they could've done more with the design. Change the shape of the ears and the hair so it looks more like a witch's hat, make the stick longer like a wizard's staff. I think they could've pushed the theming farther.
I'm a simple woman. I see Delphox, I like the post.

Delphox WAS my first Pokemon after all, so as a result I have nostalgic immunity to any design flaws it probably has, displaced by many, many memories with my OG foxy friend and the Pokemon he ripped through.

I named him Dave. :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

I'm actually pretty fond of Delphox but I do agree with your point. Its wizard motif isn't that obvious just by looking at it.

I think your ideas to improve its design could be implemented on a Mega form, but if I'm being honest a cynical part of me doesn't think Z-A will be giving the Kalos starters megas.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
RDJ would 1000% have been back for the money shot of him, Tobey and Hugh in the same scene.
gonna be weird seeing Robert fighting his boyfriend wearing his child’s hero costume
Being arguably the most popular Marvel character.
1. The question was rhetorical (insert TFS Goku’s “and I gave you a rhetorical answer” line)
2. He’s not just the most popular Marvel character (there’s no arguments to be had), he’s also the most popular superhero in general
Broo the show Jellystone is doing a CN Colab and the list of CN characters showing up is STACKED
the fact that they’re gonna do a better Crisis type story than DC is oddly funny

Top Bottom