• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Never thought I’d hear “racist Splatoon team” as a term but I always find myself surprised with how bad Nintendo gamers can truly be.

Like, what was racist about them? Usernames? Paint color choice? :nifty:

Slightly worse(whole thread has a lot of slurs do tread lightly)

That and the main competitive content creator(squid school) getting into some hot **** over sexual assualt and the community made establisbment made to nip this stuff in the bud(splat safety) doing literally nothing has put the scene as a whole in a weird spot (for what its worth it doesn't seem like a broad community issue, just the + servers as a concept creating unavoidable echo chambers)

Anyway, what I came here for to post - WE LOVE NAGO

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Slightly worse(whole thread has a lot of slurs do tread lightly)

That and the main competitive content creator(squid school) getting into some hot **** over sexual assualt and the community made establisbment made to nip this stuff in the bud(splat safety) doing literally nothing has put the scene as a whole in a weird spot (for what its worth it doesn't seem like a broad community issue, just the + servers as a concept creating unavoidable echo chambers)

Anyway, what I came here for to post - WE LOVE NAGO
Good lord.

I already said this but it will be a miracle if Nintendo ever tries esports again. They’re bringing in the worst crowds without even trying.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Good lord.

I already said this but it will be a miracle if Nintendo ever tries esports again. They’re bringing in the worst crowds without even trying.
I think its a case of "one bad apple spoils the bunch" at least, although thats probably not reassuring to most

Pretty much every person, team, and org I've interacted with in splatoon comp except exactly 2 people have been wonderful and amazing folk and theres a clear positive vibe

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Kieran's entire character development was coming to terms that he wasn't the main character of the game and when you think about it... that's depressing.

Like idk if I found out that I was an NPC in my own life and every event that I strived for got squandered and stolen by some dude who just showed up 2 hours ago AND my sister conspired with them, I'd take an entire student body hostage under my control too.

this won't look good for the FBI

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah, I can't find it now but I do remember that there was disappointing news about Sag-Aftra approving usage of AI in games like shortly after they got a new contract with movie studios.

Maybe I'm misremembering.

Also here's the list for those curious
View attachment 392829

Update 2: I found it
View attachment 392831
I remember reading that too and several voice actors such as the likes of Joshua Seth, Veronica Taylor, Steve Blum criticised the news of SAG-AFTRA's agreement and partnership with an A.I. conpany.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Kieran's entire character development was coming to terms that he wasn't the main character of the game and when you think about it... that's depressing.

Like idk if I found out that I was an NPC in my own life and every event that I strived for got squandered and stolen by some dude who just showed up 2 hours ago AND my sister conspired with them, I'd take an entire student body hostage under my control too.

this won't look good for the FBI
I’ve already accepted that my role is life is to be the comic relief in everyone else’s story
:4pacman:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I managed to clear like 5 social links today in P4. Good stuff.

Like I said before I'm likely not gonna finish all of them. Out of the ones I have left I'm probably gonna prioritize Chie, Kanji, Rise, Naoto (basically all of the investigation team members I haven't maxed out yet), Sayoko, and Ayane. I'm also gonna try doing at least Naoki and the Fox if I have the time (I'm almost done with the fox, it's just that his rank 10 is proving to be something of a pain in the ass)

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Marvel Rivals way to access the beta is ****ing stupid.

You have to watch an hour of dreamers for a chance of their website to let you claim codes at ridiculous intervals throughout the day.

And even when that time slot opened, the site wouldn’t let anyone click confirm and bots stole all of the codes to sell for $70 on eBay. Which no one is buying, so literally no one is getting into the beta.

What a terrible showing by one of the richest companies in the world who should be able to bypass these issues.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
So uh.....

Dunno how to break it to y'all, but I think Zeena...MIGHT have unseated Caitlin for my favorite character of all time?

I mean, it's more or less subconscious. But for a while my fixation on 6teen got pretty intense and obsessive to the point where I think it got harmful to my health.

While 6teen HAS helped me a lot in life, Sonic Lost World has helped too, and hasn't become a downright invasive addiction. I've never had stressful fights with friends over SLW. Nor has seeing Zeena hate left me in a stressed, sad state for hours (probably cuz with how much she gets, I've more or less developed an immunity lol).

Plus, Zeena's just a funky, silly space chameleon who makes me happy when she's onscreen. And in addition she has many good memories attached to her.

I think at the end of the day, that's all I really need.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_3810.jpeg

The MCU moving up to $30 billion by the end of the weekend is impressive tbh

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, the more I play Pikmin 4, the more I kinda.... don't like it?

Maybe it's just because I'm a boomer who loves Pikmin 1+2, but, this game feels soo painfully easy.

It's not a bad game by any metrics, no it's great, but it feels.... REALLY simple compared to the first 2 installments. Like, Pikmin 2 could be some bull**** at times, but like.... am I too jaded?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Honestly, the more I play Pikmin 4, the more I kinda.... don't like it?

Maybe it's just because I'm a boomer who loves Pikmin 1+2, but, this game feels soo painfully easy.

It's not a bad game by any metrics, no it's great, but it feels.... REALLY simple compared to the first 2 installments. Like, Pikmin 2 could be some bull**** at times, but like.... am I too jaded?
I think the main issues are the decision to not have enemies respawn and limiting how many different types of Pikmin you can have on the surface.

I actually brought this up earlier. The latter is inconsistent with every previous game in the series, has a poor in-universe justification, and all in all just makes gameplay less interesting and fun.

Then there's the whole matter of surface enemies not respawning. Not only does this make growing Pikmin more difficult since it takes a while to find and gather Onions, but it also makes the game's huge and absolutely beautiful surface locations seem far more barren and devoid of life. Like, you make these absolutely gorgeous environments the likes of which Pikmin has never seen before, in larger levels than any previous Pikmin game, and utilizing the absolute best graphics in the series up to this point, and even new immersive and genuinely cool mechanics like low tides during the middle of the day and night, and you don't even let enemies (aka natural creatures on the planet) respawn to populate these natural locations?

I wouldn't say the game is outright easy, because a lot of enemies are still dangerous and therefore, the locations themselves are very much still are difficult on your first few visits. But the decision to not have any of them respawn ever, with the sole exception of within caves, makes much of the game both easier than any of the prior games in the series, as well as the levels themselves far less full of life.

Don't get me wrong. still absolutely adore the game. But even as someone who hasn't finished the game yet, 4 has a lot of changes that have outright baffled me, and for all the quality of life and game design improvements that the game has over the past three entries, it felt like several other aspects of the game took a step backwards at the same time.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think the main issues are the decision to not have enemies respawn and limiting how many different types of Pikmin you can have on the surface.

I actually brought this up earlier. The latter is inconsistent with every previous game in the series, has a poor in-universe justification, and all in all just makes gameplay less interesting and fun.

Then there's the whole matter of surface enemies not respawning. Not only does this make growing Pikmin more difficult since it takes a while to find and gather Onions, but it also makes the game's huge and absolutely beautiful surface locations seem far more barren and devoid of life. Like, you make these absolutely huge, gorgeous environments the likes of which Pikmin has never seen before, with the best graphics in the series up to this point, and even new mechanics like low tides during the middle of the day and night, and you don't even let enemies (aka natural creatures on the planet) respawn to populate these natural locations?

I wouldn't say the game is outright easy, because a lot of enemies are still dangerous and therefore, the locations themselves very much still are difficult on your first visit. But the decision to not have any of them respawn ever, with the sole exception of caves, makes much of the game both easier than any of the prior games in the series, as well as the levels themselves far less full of life.

Don't get me wrong. still absolutely adore the game. But even as someone who hasn't finished the game yet, 4 has a lot of changes that have outright baffled me, and for all the quality of life and game design improvements that the game has over the past three entries, it felt like several other aspects of the game took a step backwards at the same time.
Auto lockon is a big one for me like.

Aim was part of the challenge(and fun) of old Pikmin games.

If you're going to just have the cursor snap onto whatever you want then it removes a bit of skill.

Top Bottom