• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Maybe I should consider getting some filtered eclipse glasses. I've only ever seen them on TV or online.

I can relate to clouds ruining astronomical events, though. I've always enjoyed watching meteors showers, but several years ago there were like three years straight here where on the nights when almost every major meteor shower peaked, the sky just happened to be overcast almost all night. I was sad the first few times, then just exasperated the more frequently it occurred.

Thankfully we've usually had clear weather during heavy meteor showers since then.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Less than two hours remains until Nintendo Network ceases to be. Time for me to check into Smash for Wii U's online sphere one last time! Though I don't intend to stop playing the offline stuff even still, hehe.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Less than two hours remains until Nintendo Network ceases to be. Time for me to check into Smash for Wii U's online sphere one last time! Though I don't intend to stop playing the offline stuff even still, hehe.
I played some Smash 4 online yesterday

Was reminded why I never played Smash 4 online

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I played some Smash 4 online yesterday

Was reminded why I never played Smash 4 online
I more or less stopped playing it after Ultimate released.

Biggest issues for me were balancing with the DLC newcomers and generally toxic behavior from randos, although that's inevitable in almost any online game.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Earth Update:

All coven sigil holders have been nerfed significantly.

Buffed human’s survival rate

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
If nothing else, Smash 4's online at least includes a free built-in John. Everything is the input lag's fault! I jest, but it is convenient.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I guess the online's about to go down?

According to the sources I've read it's supposed to shut down momentarily but other people seem to be saying it has an hour or so to go.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I guess the online's about to go down?

According to the sources I've read it's supposed to shut down momentarily but other people seem to be saying it has an hour or so to go.
Shutdown time is 4pm PDT according to Nintendo.

That is 7 pm EST.

…which was 3 minutes ago as of this post.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Shutdown time is 4pm PDT according to Nintendo.

That is 7 pm EST.

…which was 3 minutes ago as of this post.
Well, I guess they ain't always gonna get the time frame perfectly.

I'm seeing people doing last minute Wii U and 3DS online streams and they're still running the games online just fine.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
IMHO these takes are scalding. He's about to start some drama!

I mean it makes sense. The man likes lore and real world inspiration behind his pokemon designs and Mega Pokemon don't really have that so I get why he's not champing at the bit to get them back like others are.

Honestly the video kind of reminds me of... well... me. When I feel the need to write these gigantic essays trying to get to the bottom of why people like a thing I don't and then I post them here and drama ensues.

But honestly "Bringing back Megas in SuMo and Let's Go was a mistake and they should never bring them back outside of Kalos ever" is just... ouch. It's the kind of thing that hurts to hear. Glad I don't have to defend that opinion. I love Megas. I famously want every fully evolved Pokemon to have a Mega Evolution and think that it's a mechanic that just slots perfectly into any region they want and that they don't need "regional gimmicks" to make the games interesting.

He does say in the video that people who like Megas tend to dislike Terastalizing and... well... that's certainly true of me at least lol. I never liked Terastelization.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I want all of these to be true

Noipoi

Howdy!
IMHO these takes are scalding. He's about to start some drama!

I mean it makes sense. The man likes lore and real world inspiration behind his pokemon designs and Mega Pokemon don't really have that so I get why he's not champing at the bit to get them back like others are.

Honestly the video kind of reminds me of... well... me. When I feel the need to write these gigantic essays trying to get to the bottom of why people like a thing I don't and then I post them here and drama ensues.

But honestly "Bringing back Megas in SuMo and Let's Go was a mistake and they should never bring them back outside of Kalos ever" is just... ouch. It's the kind of thing that hurts to hear. Glad I don't have to defend that opinion. I love Megas. I famously want every fully evolved Pokemon to have a Mega Evolution and think that it's a mechanic that just slots perfectly into any region they want and that they don't need "regional gimmicks" to make the games interesting.

He does say in the video that people who like Megas tend to dislike Terastalizing and... well... that's certainly true of me at least lol. I never liked Terastelization.
Everything you said was true until you got to the last bit. Terastelization is dope.

Thank you for sparing me the indignity of agreeing with you :nifty:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Everything you said was true until you got to the last bit. Terastelization is dope.

Thank you for sparing me the indignity of agreeing with you :nifty:
All I said was I didn’t like it. You can agree that I don’t like it but you do. I’m not saying it’s bad, I’m just saying I don’t care for it.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Weird, seems like some services have shut down but others haven't.

I guess they're just slowly shutting it down instead of trying to shutting down the system's online system entirely?
That's usually how these types of things go. They wait for sessions to end and shut servers down one by one.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, I think I missed the chance to trade for Pokemon.

I really should've just asked around more a few months ago. How I kept forgetting is beyond me, but I've only myself to blame lmao.

Not really concerned about 3DS or Wii U online competitions though since I moved onto Ultimate and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe among other games once they released.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
We all picked Rainbow Road and it finally shut down just as the race started.

Something weirdly poetic about that.
The 3DS and Wii U online (minus Pokémon Bank and Poké Transporter) have gone to the great Rainbow Road.

The same one Satoru Iwata took in 2015.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Someday the switch online will shutdown too.

Which will come first?
  1. The switch online shutdown
  2. The next DK game
  3. The next Gwimbly game
  4. My next visit to the Rainforest Cafe (I haven’t been since I was 5)
  5. The next eclipse
Place your bets in the comments below!

Noipoi

Howdy!
Someday the switch online will shutdown too.

Which will come first?
  1. The switch online shutdown
  2. The next DK game
  3. The next Gwimbly game
  4. My next visit to the Rainforest Cafe (I haven’t been since I was 5)
  5. The next eclipse
Place your bets in the comments below!
Considering Bubsy got several new games before DK did, Gwimbly’s chances are looking good.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rainbow Road 7 is forever the best Rainbow Road

Top Bottom